AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   5G TLX (2015-2020) (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-2015-2020-415/)
-   -   Anyone interested in the TLX PMC Edition? (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-2015-2020-415/anyone-interested-tlx-pmc-edition-978717/)

zhongming wang 04-13-2019 10:38 AM

Anyone interested in the TLX PMC Edition?

Acura Debuts TLX PMC Edition Hand Built By NSX Technicians

https://www.motor1.com/news/344208/a...tion-unveiled/https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...374bc120d2.pnghttps://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...08147b6b9c.png

dezymond 04-13-2019 11:51 AM

I like it. The color is stunning, the exclusivity of it is great, and overall you really are getting something special. Price may seem a bit high but you're paying something hand built and limited.

CheeseyPoofs McNut 04-13-2019 12:22 PM

The color is certainly special - but I think most savvy car people are waiting for the next gen. If I'm spending 50k on a car I'd take a deep look at all the other players in this space. Color is really pretty far down the priority list for me.

justnspace 04-13-2019 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut (Post 16411005)
....but I think most savvy car people are waiting for the next gen. If I'm spending 50k on a car I'd take a deep look at all the other players in this space.

Well, you know what they say...."There's a sucker born every minute!"

Glad we're not suckers.

rgpolson 04-13-2019 07:15 PM

No turbo, no new transmission, no thanks.

Ken1997TL 04-13-2019 07:31 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll do at the PMC with the next generation. Supposedly the Type-S will be built there!

neuronbob 04-13-2019 09:27 PM

No stick, no bueno, not worth the special numbering.

steig 04-14-2019 08:07 AM

Not interested

Tony Pac 04-14-2019 09:16 AM

It’s hard to justify buying a TLX now. We all know the new one is coming in the next 6-8 months. I would buy the current TLX if I get a sick deal.

Right now, RDX is the bear buy in my opinion. Beats every deal :)

ESHBG 04-14-2019 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut (Post 16411005)
The color is certainly special - but I think most savvy car people are waiting for the next gen. If I'm spending 50k on a car I'd take a deep look at all the other players in this space. Color is really pretty far down the priority list for me.

This. I am in the market for something new(er) and this isn't even on my radar, not enough to make the price tag worth it IMO and for this price one could get a lot; I am really curious to see how many they sell.

MrJames 04-14-2019 09:49 AM

If I'm spending $50K+ on a TLX, it won't be on a current model with another glorified appearance package. I would expect the new one to be superior to this in many ways. The Type-S probably won't cost too much more yet should easily out perform it.

a35tl 04-14-2019 01:26 PM

I wouldn't cough up $50k for this model with the new model just around the corner but I must admit that the PMC model is gorgeous in that stunning Valencia Red with the blacked out roof. I would be open to buying a used one in a couple of years if I could even find one with only 300 or so models being produced.

Colorado Guy AF Ret. 04-15-2019 12:42 AM

Only fools would buy this....???

NO...not interested. FYI....that red paint is the same as seen on the NSX. It takes almost a week to complete it. 5 days in the oven after prep and paint. Now....think about the first scratch!!! But, a cosmetic offering with a numbered plaque inside. Yeah....that's what I want for $50K!! And another FYI. The really "new" TLX won't be out until Fall 2020 as a 2021 model. There might be a Type S added to the current model....that "might" be OK. We'll see.

The MDX is going to get this PMC edition also...Wow....since there will not be an "all new MDX" as thought for 2020! No thanks on that idea too. I have a '19 MDX Advance in Pearl White and it looks just great!

hdcolumbus 04-16-2019 08:07 PM

Perhaps if I didn't purchase a 19 last May. Patiently waiting on the next gen.

Vinceyee99 04-18-2019 03:55 AM

Nope. No thanks unless these engineers can hand-build a fix for that vibration issue on all SH-AWD models.

Nytetime6 04-18-2019 11:36 AM

Looks great to me.

pyrodan007 04-18-2019 12:40 PM

Kia gets it, this is how to do a special edition...properly

Autoblog: Limited-edition Kia Stinger GTS gets all-wheel drive with a drift mode - Autoblog.
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/04/17/...ger-gts-nyias/

BEAR-AvHistory 04-18-2019 02:25 PM

Best red this side of a Ferrari & all the "high performance desert runs" in the TV adds, they will sell every one of them to people who don't know any better.

https://media-cf.assets-cdk.com/team...logo_trans.png

CALL (919) 261-6097
GET E-PRICE

MSRP $60,700
SAVE $11,000
Hendrick's Price $49,700

NEW 2019 CHEVROLET CORVETTE1LT

https://inventory-cf.assets-cdk.com/...7552466742.jpgQuick View40 photos

cobra611 04-18-2019 02:42 PM

Very interested in it...love it!! I'm just not in the right tax bracket to afford it. Not to mention, I've put nearly 50k miles on my current car, since I got it back in Nov. '17, so the loan/value is way out of whack. Good luck to those who choose to purchase.

justnspace 04-18-2019 04:51 PM

yeah for $50k there are other cars that are way better.

csmeance 04-18-2019 09:42 PM

The Red is a 6K paint option on the NSX... for around 3-4K more you get a hand built car that sportier with exclusive paint. I'd be very interested in putting a deposit on one if it came in the NSX blue (same type of paint as the Valencia red).

mapleloaf 04-19-2019 12:48 AM

Looks fabulous, but my 2018 Elite ASpec looks great, handles very well and has the same technology for a lot less - in Canada! If that colour had been available, I might have been tempted, depending upon the extra cost.

JT4 04-19-2019 08:11 AM

The car looks great and the color is one of the best reds I've seen on a vehicle in a long time.

I could be wrong but besides a true Acura enthusiast I really don't think most of the public is going to care that it is hand built by the same techs that build the NSX and that it has a special paint job.. Unless I am missing something this is basically an A-Spec that Acura finally allows you to add the Advance pkg to, with a $6K paint option... I mean a $6k paint option on a $160K car is one thing, on a $40K car it's ridiculous.

IMO instead of a $6K paint job Acura should have done something to set it apart more in looks and performance wise like a bump in HP. A bump to 340 to 350HP may have given the perception that Acura is finally starting to "get it", and sometimes that's all it takes to attract more people and create a buzz..

csmeance 04-19-2019 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by JT4 (Post 16413679)
The car looks great and the color is one of the best reds I've seen on a vehicle in a long time.

I could be wrong but besides a true Acura enthusiast I really don't think most of the public is going to care that it is hand built by the same techs that build the NSX and that it has a special paint job.. Unless I am missing something this is basically an A-Spec that Acura finally allows you to add the Advance pkg to, with a $6K paint option... I mean a $6k paint option on a $160K car is one thing, on a $40K car it's ridiculous.

IMO instead of a $6K paint job Acura should have done something to set it apart more in looks and performance wise like a bump in HP. A bump to 340 to 350HP may have given the perception that Acura is finally starting to "get it", and sometimes that's all it takes to attract more people and create a buzz..

Honestly, even with 50 more HP the car wouldn't be much faster to 60 MPH and insurance rates would skyrocket due to HP/power factor.

Greg D 04-19-2019 10:40 PM

I got to see it in person today at the NY auto show. Pictures really don’t do this color justice.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...c3efa40e7.jpeg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...cdc3df81c.jpeg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...4e49e5d28.jpeg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...d4f7cdbac.jpeg

F23A4 04-20-2019 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by csmeance (Post 16413790)
Honestly, even with 50 more HP the car wouldn't be much faster to 60 MPH and insurance rates would skyrocket due to HP/power factor.

The 07-08 TL-S was only 28hp more than the regular TL yet, Acura fans held it in as much regard as 3 series fans do the M3. Heck, the 04-06 TL 6MT pretty much matched the performance of the 07-08 TL-S.

That said, even a 20-25 hp bump would at least reveal that Acura is somewhat inclined towards the concept of a performance variant; maybe "squeezing" in the base RLX powertrain with its 310hp/10AT would be a little performance something to toss at the PMC model with breaking the bank via equipment sourcing. :shrug:

Kinuto 04-20-2019 05:32 PM

Heck for the price they want for this car they better stick the transmission and engine from the Hybrid RLX then it would be worth it. But as it stands best wait and see what the next gen TLX has to offer. Most likely it’ll grow bigger and resemble the Current Accord.

Darksyne 04-21-2019 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by F23A4 (Post 16414160)
The 07-08 TL-S was only 28hp more than the regular TL yet, Acura fans held it in as much regard as 3 series fans do the M3. Heck, the 04-06 TL 6MT pretty much matched the performance of the 07-08 TL-S.

That said, even a 20-25 hp bump would at least reveal that Acura is somewhat inclined towards the concept of a performance variant; maybe "squeezing" in the base RLX powertrain with its 310hp/10AT would be a little performance something to toss at the PMC model with breaking the bank via equipment sourcing. :shrug:

Exactly! They have the opportunity to even hand build the current TLX V6 but Acura chose not to. All they need to do is port and polish the heads and give it a nice tune to at least give it some kind of power bump over the regular TLX. It’ll make spending 50k more reasonable.

bKcPG2BGs6MTEFa 06-06-2019 12:10 AM

I’d love one

I have a 2018 A-Spec, but I want the PMC (to each their own). The problem is I don’t pay sticker for anything. There were no incentives and while I was haggling someone came in and paid full price. My dealer is trying secure another, but it’s a long shot.

I get some people maybe holding out for the next gen, but I personally think the current gen is sweet. Again, to each their own. It always take me a few years new styles to grow on me. I loved the shield grill on my TSX but now I love the pentagon grill on my TLX. I also like the spilt screen center console.

For me the allure of the PMC is exclusivity.

KeithL 06-06-2019 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by bKcPG2BGs6MTEFa (Post 16435842)
I have a 2018 A-Spec, but I want the PMC (to each their own). The problem is I don’t pay sticker for anything. There were no incentives and while I was haggling someone came in and paid full price. My dealer is trying secure another, but it’s a long shot.

I get some people maybe holding out for the next gen, but I personally think the current gen is sweet. Again, to each their own. It always take me a few years new styles to grow on me. I loved the shield grill on my TSX but now I love the pentagon grill on my TLX. I also like the spilt screen center console.

For me the allure of the PMC is exclusivity.

I doubt any dealer will discount it, I am sure somewhere some are going above sticker.

justnspace 06-06-2019 08:09 PM

With only 2000 sales a month, it's exclusive alright

csmeance 06-08-2019 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by F23A4 (Post 16414160)

^ also they changed out materials to make the car lighter and the TL-S got aluminum subframe among other upgrades beyond the 28HP. That's the biggest issue with acura, they are simply doing appearance and forgetting they are "Precision crafted PERFORMANCE". More like "ehhhh decent balance of power and performance that should sell well for 6 years, but lets make it look faster than it is and use crappy paint (paint peeling issues)!"

Add in those great improvements from the HPD staff or the same group that did the TYPE-R models and they'll be good to go.

With 2K sales a month, it's becoming a stale product. The interior is dated just like the MDX and the stats are crap compared to what else is on the market. Even the accord has been blowing it out of the water for multiple years with some better features or implementations.

I honestly take back what I said about a deposit on the 1G TLX in blue. I'd rather wait for the red to depreciate in value since MT isn't an option. Give me the color option on a 2nd Gen TLX or 4th Gen MDX and I'd be much more willing to buy.

neuronbob 07-13-2019 09:00 PM

So I was just reading the TLX Facebook group and someone posted excitedly about their husband paying for them a PMC edition. She liked the color, so insisted on it. It’s people like this who are the market for the PMC edition, never mind that it is certainly not best bang for buck. I’m sure every copy will sell, largely to people who like the color and exclusive number plate over value. I’m glad she’s happy with her PMC edition, but I just couldn’t break it to her that the car was not that special other than having A-spec + Advance features, being handbuilt, and more expensive. I still just wish Acura had done something else to make it more special, like a manual or more power.

In any case, I’ve already moved on to waiting for the 2G TLX. Now THAT I’m excited about. :thumbsup:

KeithL 07-14-2019 06:04 PM

If my lease were up I would love the PMC edition as a lease, but the Alcantara inserts is a turnoff to me.

dmski 07-15-2019 05:08 PM

All the bitching about PMC edition is getting tiring. You don't like it, move on. We all know next gen is around the corner. This is just a send off for this Gen.

Mak P 07-15-2019 06:00 PM

I want to know does the vibration exist lol

KeithL 09-21-2019 09:36 AM

I person

At dealer getting wife's RDX service and they have a PMC on showroom they just got a week ago. Beautiful in person, but the color clearly while attractive looks better in a car show setting with the bright quartz lights hitting it at all angles. If this thing did not have a ZF in it I would see what they would give me for my ASPEC, but not worth taking a beating to get some features and a nice color.

TLXinTX 12-21-2019 10:26 PM

I stopped by the showroom floor at my Dallas-area dealer where TLX #299 currently sits. The paint is beautiful and the MMC is just the right look for this car.

In talking with the sales guys, they all commented the car was beautiful, but they were also eager to move it out of the showroom. $50K for a TLX is just absurd -- I wonder what they'd take? I'm not in a position yet to make a move (and I'm waiting for the Type S anyway) but I wonder if anyone is buying a copy to keep as a low mileage investment piece. I think the transmission and infotainment killed any loyalist following for this model, which is damn shame.

ESHBG 12-22-2019 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by TLXinTX (Post 16519564)
I stopped by the showroom floor at my Dallas-area dealer where TLX #299 currently sits. The paint is beautiful and the MMC is just the right look for this car.

In talking with the sales guys, they all commented the car was beautiful, but they were also eager to move it out of the showroom. $50K for a TLX is just absurd -- I wonder what they'd take? I'm not in a position yet to make a move (and I'm waiting for the Type S anyway) but I wonder if anyone is buying a copy to keep as a low mileage investment piece. I think the transmission and infotainment killed any loyalist following for this model, which is damn shame.

These things don't seem to be moving at all and what a silly idea this all was. I appreciate the work that has gone into these but not thought out at all. And I don't see these ever being worth much down the road so would not be a good investment.

Kinuto 12-22-2019 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by ESHBG (Post 16519603)
These things don't seem to be moving at all and what a silly idea this all was. I appreciate the work that has gone into these but not thought out at all. And I don't see these ever being worth much down the road so would not be a good investment.

If they did a PMC Edition to the current gen RLX Sport Hybrid that would probably move more.