AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   5G TLX (2015-2020) (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-2015-2020-415/)
-   -   Anyone have a TLX with A-Spec package? (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-2015-2020-415/anyone-have-tlx-spec-package-952253/)

ImJustADishwasher 12-07-2016 01:07 AM

Anyone have a TLX with A-Spec package?

Hey! I have my sights on a lease for a 2017 TLX with the A-spec package. I'm really sold on the look, but I haven't seen any TLX's with that package. It's probably not a common package, as I searched Youtube and Google - I can't get a more detailed look at it. My dealership also doesn't have it on display. I'm just wondering if any of you guys have this and can show me a few pics of it? If I do get it, I'd want it in white and tinted windows. I think the 19" Black Alloy's look make the car look pretty unique overall (IMO).

Just a little background information if you're interested: I'm looking to trade in my 2013 Honda Accord Sport with just 20,000km. Yes, I've had it for 4 years, but I went abroad to study for over a year so most of the time it was parked in my family's garage.I can get pretty good value for my Accord, especially if I stay with the Honda/Acura family. I went to the dealer today and test drove the TLX with Tech package. However, I'm just looking at the base TLX model as I'm not really to fond with too much tech. It was a pretty smooth ride, and I think it's a car that suits me as I do mostly city driving and the occasional 2 hour highway drive back to my hometown. I don't drive it hard, but having the Sport mode is always good and fuel consumption is decent for it's class as well. So on top of all this, the dealer can get me a $2000 incentive on the purchase, and also a 0.9% lease rate (original 1.9%). To me, that's the selling point, also with how the car looks with the A-spec package (just with the pics on the website, I need to see more!). I've followed up the posts on this forum and I do see not many people liking the car. But for me, I test drove it, liked it, and can get a good deal on it. What do you guys think?

Appreciate any comments and thanks for reading!

milz_long 12-07-2016 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by ImJustADishwasher (Post 15912993)
Hey! I have my sights on a lease for a 2017 TLX with the A-spec package. I'm really sold on the look, but I haven't seen any TLX's with that package. It's probably not a common package, as I searched Youtube and Google - I can't get a more detailed look at it. My dealership also doesn't have it on display. I'm just wondering if any of you guys have this and can show me a few pics of it? If I do get it, I'd want it in white and tinted windows. I think the 19" Black Alloy's look make the car look pretty unique overall (IMO).

Just a little background information if you're interested: I'm looking to trade in my 2013 Honda Accord Sport with just 20,000km. Yes, I've had it for 4 years, but I went abroad to study for over a year so most of the time it was parked in my family's garage.I can get pretty good value for my Accord, especially if I stay with the Honda/Acura family. I went to the dealer today and test drove the TLX with Tech package. However, I'm just looking at the base TLX model as I'm not really to fond with too much tech. It was a pretty smooth ride, and I think it's a car that suits me as I do mostly city driving and the occasional 2 hour highway drive back to my hometown. I don't drive it hard, but having the Sport mode is always good and fuel consumption is decent for it's class as well. So on top of all this, the dealer can get me a $2000 incentive on the purchase, and also a 0.9% lease rate (original 1.9%). To me, that's the selling point, also with how the car looks with the A-spec package (just with the pics on the website, I need to see more!). I've followed up the posts on this forum and I do see not many people liking the car. But for me, I test drove it, liked it, and can get a good deal on it. What do you guys think?

Appreciate any comments and thanks for reading!

I just took possession of a new 2017 TLX with the A-Spec package in white this past Saturday. I do not currently have the A-Spec wheels on the car as the dealership gave me winter tires mounted on the stock rims for winter use. I can snap a few pics of the car as it is now, minus the A-Spec wheels if that will help you out at all??

ImJustADishwasher 12-07-2016 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by milz_long (Post 15913283)
I just took possession of a new 2017 TLX with the A-Spec package in white this past Saturday. I do not currently have the A-Spec wheels on the car as the dealership gave me winter tires mounted on the stock rims for winter use. I can snap a few pics of the car as it is now, minus the A-Spec wheels if that will help you out at all??

That would be great! I'm interested to see the trim too. Thanks milz_long!

ImJustADishwasher 12-07-2016 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by milz_long (Post 15913283)

I can't send a reply to your PM because I haven't been registered for 15 days.

But in response, yes, may you provide me with pics of the exterior? I just haven't seen much detailed pics of it. Thanks a lot!

Cypher7 12-08-2016 06:40 PM

The A-Spec package you are talking about is simply the skirt package + spoiler + 19" Wheels. Technically its supposed to be called the "GT package" for 2017 as per the Acura website, but its nothing new compared to the skirt packages from the 15' and 16' models (see below). Are you from Canada? If you happen to be in Toronto area and want to see one in person, you can give me a shout. I just got a V6 AWD Tech in September. Hope this helps!

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...63a2debd00.jpg

ImJustADishwasher 12-08-2016 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Cypher7 (Post 15914244)
The A-Spec package you are talking about is simply the skirt package + spoiler + 19" Wheels. Technically its supposed to be called the "GT package" for 2017 as per the Acura website, but its nothing new compared to the skirt packages from the 15' and 16' models (see below). Are you from Canada? If you happen to be in Toronto area and want to see one in person, you can give me a shout. I just got a V6 AWD Tech in September. Hope this helps!

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...63a2debd00.jpg

Wow thanks buddy! Looks really slick! Those wheels aren't manufactured ones right?

I have an excellent deal right now, but I know there's going to be a facelift on the 2018 model. Kind of at a crossroads right now and I have to make a decision in the coming weeks...

Cypher7 12-08-2016 09:39 PM

Those are OEM wheels from Acura. Btw this isnt my car. I just grabbed the first picture i could find to show you. I personally do not like the new Penta grill, and that was what made me pull the trigger on the 17'. But to each their own :) Happy shopping

weather 12-09-2016 06:11 PM

ImJustAdishwasher....I think the 2017 with the kit in white looks STUNNING! There is no doubt 2018 will bring something to the table and while I know things always approve and get better and we can't wait forever, I would wait if I were you. I think that the MMC will bring some necessary improvements and I doubt they'll be more than cosmetic, at least, I sure hope so for their sake and credibility.

I don't think you will make a HUGE mistake by getting a 2017 and while the deals are great now, even if they improve the 2018, the buzz will not change overnight and will still offer some decent discounts too.

rocket_pup 12-18-2016 12:00 PM

Does the A in "A-spec" mean "appearance"? Sorry, I'm not about all show / no go. Just my .02.

weather 12-18-2016 05:18 PM

^^ I could be wrong but I always thought the A stood for American-Spec.....I am sure people will chime in.

PinoyRukus 12-19-2016 02:36 AM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...b6d8fa235e.jpgSlapped it on 10 days after owning it 😂

mrgold35 12-19-2016 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by rocket_pup (Post 15919790)
Does the A in "A-spec" mean "appearance"? Sorry, I'm not about all show / no go. Just my .02.

I still have my 06 TSX with the A-spec suspension and body kit. The term "A-spec" was never really defined in the Acura brochures; but, I always assumed it was derived from the racing circuit with the same identically modified production cars that are still street legal to test the driver's skills on the track (A Spec Racing Series).

rocket_pup 12-19-2016 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by mrgold35 (Post 15920162)
I still have my 06 TSX with the A-spec suspension and body kit. The term "A-spec" was never really defined in the Acura brochures; but, I always assumed it was derived from the racing circuit with the same identically modified production cars that are still street legal to test the driver's skills on the track (A Spec Racing Series).

If the Acura TLX A-spec indeed included a suspension kit or other performance related goodies the backup the more "aggressive" add-ons, I'd be all for it. However the Acura A-spec or GT or whatever is "all show no go". A rear spoiler on a FWD (or FWD-biased) car makes NO SENSE. Some on the forum "brag" about "upgrading" to staggered wheels, which makes even LESS sense!

PinoyRukus 12-19-2016 04:24 PM

I'd rather pick my own suspension setup on my AWD tech but it would have been nice to have as an option. I'm still waiting for more exhaust options, a proper CAI, and ktuner to be released cause I already got the mod bug going. This car is my DD so I could care less if people say it's all show. I got a different car for go 😈

mrgold35 12-19-2016 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by rocket_pup (Post 15920544)
If the Acura TLX A-spec indeed included a suspension kit or other performance related goodies the backup the more "aggressive" add-ons, I'd be all for it. However the Acura A-spec or GT or whatever is "all show no go". A rear spoiler on a FWD (or FWD-biased) car makes NO SENSE. Some on the forum "brag" about "upgrading" to staggered wheels, which makes even LESS sense!

Not sure why Acura dropped the suspension upgrade for A-spec and gone with a more downplayed look for the aero kits over the years? My 06 TSX still handles the curves like new with the lowered A-spec suspension+progress RSB with +135,000 miles. I figured with the ever increasing prices of Acura vehicles, the average buyer just wasn't interested go fast parts compared to look fast parts. Even aftermarket support for the current models seems to about 1/4 of that when my 06 TSX and 08 RDX came out. :cry:

weather 12-19-2016 06:38 PM

Pinoy - Your TLX is fantastic looking!

PinoyRukus 12-19-2016 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by weather (Post 15920723)
Pinoy - Your TLX is fantastic looking!

thanks!! I'll post up an updated pic once I pick out springs or coilovers.

gatorknight904 12-24-2016 09:50 AM

Just got my GT package installed with deck lip spoiler & fog lights! I love it.
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...6eb6134923.jpg

012TL-GLM 12-24-2016 10:31 AM

The aero kit looks great - I'm seeing a few more TLX's on the road in my area. Hoping Acura produces a more powerful version soon. While the TLX grill is an improvement, I still think they should be color matched and the cars would look even meaner. There's a silver TLX around town and honestly it looks wicked.

weather 12-24-2016 10:34 AM

gatorknight - Congrats on your new TLX and welcome to Acurazine! Your white TLX looks great, my favorite color for cars, no question about it!

gatorknight904 12-24-2016 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by weather (Post 15923246)
gatorknight - Congrats on your new TLX and welcome to Acurazine! Your white TLX looks great, my favorite color for cars, no question about it!

Thank you!

ImJustADishwasher 03-09-2017 11:25 PM

Amazing shots! Just wondering if it comes with black rims? In Canada, they A-Spec graphic model shows the aerokits, Pirelli All Season tires on black rims.

Bajan 03-15-2017 03:38 PM

I seen a white A-spec at the dealer when I purchased mine and it did have black 19' wheels.

Any plans to lower the car on the A-spec wheels? I was wondering if the 19's tuck to far inward.

paperboy42190 03-15-2017 07:52 PM

I've always understood A-spec to be "Acura Specification"

kurtatx 03-16-2017 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by paperboy42190 (Post 15980401)
I've always understood A-spec to be "Acura Specification"

Ditto. Although, I suppose the shipped car should be "Acura Specification"