Alighment issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 01:10 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alighment issue

So I have a 2018 TLX v6 Tech package.
After 200 miles I noticed the car was pulling yo the left when driving and the steering wheel wasn't straight.

First attempt: Took it to dealer, explained the problem to them, and they said they will take care if it.
After the service, I drove the car and still notice the pull and steering wheel not straight.

2nd attempt: Brought the car back, test drove it with the master technician to confirm the problem. He confirmed the problem still there. So I dropped off the car.
After service, when I picked up, I test drove it with my advisor. He also noticed the problem still there. but it was late and I didnt want to take another loaner. So I took the car home to come back another day.

3rd attempt(currently sitting in the waiting area): Dropped off the car this morning, test drive with another master tech, he also drove the car and confirmed the problem. He took the car to the shop and did work on it, and test it after service. Then came out to test drive the car with me. But when I drove with him in the car, and another drive without him, both him and I confirmed the problem still there.
So currently he took it back to do another tweak on it.
Each time the issue improve a little bit but not fixed.

So is this car qualified for as a lemon? I really like this car but I would like them to fix it today I dont want to waste anytime on it anymore.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:43 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Originally Posted by jnbui94
So is this car qualified for as a lemon?.
https://www.dmv.org/wa-washington/au.../lemon-law.php
Old 10-02-2017, 10:28 AM
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Is your car FWD or SH-AWD?

What has the dealer done? Any improvement?
Old 10-02-2017, 10:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,582 Likes on 6,629 Posts
WTF... At any of the attempts, did they do an alignment of the car and show you a before and after sheet?
Old 10-02-2017, 10:35 AM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sounds like something is bent from the factory. Maybe the dealer should sub it out to a shop that does only alignments. Or you could. Possible also defective tires causing problems.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:01 PM
8th Gear

Sorry for the late update. So All my previous warranty work was done at Acura of Seattle. They did gave me the before and after specs for each alignment.
After all 3 attempts I brought my car to Acura of Bellevue, they CHECKED and VERIFIED my alignment is off on front 2 wheels and right rear. They performed alignment services and correct my steering wheel. This dealer fixed the problem in 2 hours.

How did a dealer still got the alignment wrong after 3 attempts? Acura of Seattle event told me their alignment machine was brand new since they have service the NSX. But the problem is that I looked at my wheels, there are scratches on my wheels from the alignment. Do you know if this is covered or do dealer provide compensation for this? So if you guys are from the Seattle area, do not go there for services!!!!!
Old 10-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Senior Moderator

amateur grease monkeys.. Complain and have them fix the wheels
Old 10-05-2017, 04:14 PM
8th Gear

I will email or give them a call about my wheels and see what they say. I'm afraid that they will give me an answer like "That's normal for an alignment!" But I will keep you guys posted
Old 10-05-2017, 05:01 PM
_

Originally Posted by jnbui94
... the problem is that I looked at my wheels, there are scratches on my wheels from the alignment. Do you know if this is covered or do dealer provide compensation for this? So if you guys are from the Seattle area, do not go there for services!!!!!
Originally Posted by thoiboi
amateur grease monkeys.. Complain and have them replace the wheels
Fixed.

For a new 2018 TLX with only a couple hundred miles on it, I'd want new wheels, not repaired wheels.

Have them swap out the wheels from one of their loaners or something.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:39 AM
8th Gear

So updated:
I called Acura of Bellevue about my wheels. Their response was "we don't even touch your rims to do alignment, our equiqments hook up to your tires"
I asked him "if you don't touch the rims, then you are doing alignment on my tires, then the wheels might not be straight"
his response "This is a 40k machine, we had to order to work on the NSX, it designed like that!"

Help me understand this, am I behind in technology? I did alignment in high school and I had to hook thing to the rims because alignment is for the wheels not the tires. I'm about to call acura relation about this matter and let's them figure this out.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:39 AM
8th Gear

So updated:
I called Acura of Bellevue about my wheels. Their response was "we don't even touch your rims to do alignment, our equiqments hook up to your tires"
I asked him "if you don't touch the rims, then you are doing alignment on my tires, then the wheels might not be straight"
his response "This is a 40k machine, we had to order to work on the NSX, it designed like that!"

Help me understand this, am I behind in technology? I did alignment in high school and I had to hook thing to the rims because alignment is for the wheels not the tires. I'm about to call acura relation about this matter and let's them figure this out.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Contact ACS..

how the hell do you do an alignment without touching the wheels
Old 10-06-2017, 11:47 AM
8th Gear

They do touch the wheels, just not the rims lol. But only 2 Acura dealers touched my car, So I will call Acura relation later today and get this figured out.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:49 PM
_

Reflectors used to align the NSX hook up to the center of wheel vs edge (rim) of wheel for traditional reflectors. Are they also using this for non-NSX's ?

vs

Old 10-06-2017, 04:15 PM
8th Gear

Well, each dealer usually only have one alignment rack. If my dealer installed this for the NSX, then they probably use this on my car, I will call my case manager from Acura relation on Monday to discuss this issue and figure out who fault it is. I will try to push for a free fog light as compensation for all the troubles if possible since I have Tech package.