AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   5G TLX (2015-2020) (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-2015-2020-415/)
-   -   Acura trunk tray or Weathertech or any alternative? (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-2015-2020-415/acura-trunk-tray-weathertech-any-alternative-979681/)

dtx137 05-20-2019 01:38 PM

Acura trunk tray or Weathertech or any alternative?

Hi all, just got a used 16' TLX i4 w/tech, and slowly getting all my accessories. I found many threads that talked about using the Acura trunk tray and how the 3 piece segments fit perfectly, but haven't found any comments about the materials. I almost bought one (used) but was taken back at how cheap the plastic material feel, and decided to look for other options, but so far no luck. Weathertech seems to have a custom one for TLX but not much reviews or actual pictures (and doesn't have the front portion to access the storage underneath), anyone have experience with it?

So I'm thinking the Acura made might be a better option... Anyone else feel the materials are cheap or is it just me? If there's any other suggestions I'd appreciate it.

edmua6 05-20-2019 06:51 PM

I have the lasercut weathertech for the floormats but opted the oem trunk tray I find the oem much better than the weathertech trunk liner.

TSXV6Guy 05-20-2019 07:47 PM

^ Same here. Weathertech for the floormats and OEM trunk tray, Material is "cheaper" than the Weathertech, but it's ok for trunk use.

spoiler900 05-21-2019 01:56 AM

Ill be the third to say....so just do it. Weathertech floor mats all the way, OEM trunk tray.

luckybaer 05-21-2019 07:36 AM

Dealer threw in the trunk tray and all-weather mats (all OEM), and I'm satisfied with the performance so far in my 2019 TLX A-SPEC V-6 SH-AWD. I haven't put the trunk tray through any stress test of heavy items, but for carry on bags, brief cases, etc. it has held up well. Plus, like a previous poster mentioned, the pieces fit perfectly, allowing seamless access to the little sub-floor storage area.

dezymond 05-21-2019 09:01 AM

Bought the weathertech trunk liner for a family members car and actually found it to be kinda flimsy compared to the OEM one. Granted the weathertech was for a different car but it is so thin compared to the OEM Acura trunk liner.

BEAR-AvHistory 05-21-2019 11:20 AM

Have Weathertech in mine. They make BMW "factory" liners for the US cars. WT version is cheaper for the same product. Might be the same with the TLX check it out.

dtx137 05-21-2019 05:28 PM

Thanks everyone. I'll go get the OEM trunk tray :))

The car came with the OEM floor mats and they fit well, only thing is they don't have the sidewall and the overall protection like the Weathertech one does, especially no cover for the bridge on the middle seat on the back. I feel like the OEM floor might do just fine since nobody really sits in the back and we just passed the rainy season in California and I don't plan on showing her snow anytime soon lol, but hearing all your comments I might consider the Weathertech floor mat anyway lol :rolling: :shrug:

_VrOoM_ 05-22-2019 02:07 PM

saw a weathertech one in Costco

is the costco weathertech worth it ? it was just 29.99 $ as compared to few bucks more for OEM ?

dtx137 05-22-2019 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by _VrOoM_ (Post 16429687)
is the costco weathertech worth it ? it was just 29.99 $ as compared to few bucks more for OEM ?

I just checked Costco and I think the Weathertech they have are the trim-to-fit type, which will not fit the TLX the way OEM or the custom Weathertech one does