Acura appreciation

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 05:25 PM
Rae Ray

Received 58 Likes on 35 Posts
Acura appreciation

Has any one received a post card from Acura? They sent me a post card congratulating me on my purchase, another one after 6 months saying " hope you are enjoying your TLX" , and now the sent me a 1 year anniversary card; furthermore, they just sent me a complimentary Acura logo power bank with a card that says, " just wanted to thank you for driving an Acura, here is a gift of our appreciation " this shows they care about their customers. This little card means more than people think. It's class!! Call me a fanboy or brand slob alll you want... I Fucks with Acura... the dealership in my area offers free oil change and cash wash for the life of your vehicle; in addition, they have free beverages like cans of soda, coffee, orange juice, apple juice.,, and they give free snacks like bagels, chocolate cookies, donuts in the waiting area. I couldn't have asked for better service from my car brand.

Good job Acura!

Last edited by Rae Rad; 03-30-2017 at 05:28 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rae Rad:
randomRon82 (03-31-2017), Tony Pac (03-31-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 08:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 319 Likes on 228 Posts
Yup I've gotten them too, even an email from the internet sales manager I bought my TLX off of. I was very surprised to not see a sales pitch on that card Acura sent me though for 1yr purchase.

I wish I went to the same dealership you go to. Free oil changes for life, that saves a good chunk of money over the life of the vehicle/ownership.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 937 Likes on 487 Posts
I got none of the above during the 39-months I leased my RLX Advanced from 2013-2016...their flagship of the flagship. Their just now figuring out how to actually provide real class and quality in their customer appreciation.

Too bad they couldn't have figured that out 3 years ago...
Old 03-30-2017, 09:38 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
thats just your dealership.

it surprises me that people dont know marketing when they see it.
they are sending you appreciation gifts to gain repeat business

welcome to "how to close people 101"
The following users liked this post:
AZuser (03-31-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 09:41 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Originally Posted by holografique
I got none of the above during the 39-months I leased my RLX Advanced from 2013-2016...their flagship of the flagship. Their just now figuring out how to actually provide real class and quality in their customer appreciation.

Too bad they couldn't have figured that out 3 years ago...
Personally, I'm not a fan of such stuff. I just don't like being bothered by unnecessary mail or phone calls. If I received a card, it would likely end up in the recycle bin before I finished even reading it. Something like this ultimately isn't going to change on how I feel about a car- whether I love it, like it, or not at all.

As Justin said- just marketing fluff. If I need another car, I know where to find one. I don't need someone reminding me they exist.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:45 PM
Rae Ray

Yes, Marketing 101, and it works! its not the post card, its the thought. ask me where are those cards they sent me? I wouldn't have a clue, I wasn't planning on hanging them on my wall, my wife might have thrown them out by now. but like a birthday card or a thank you card, we don't keep the card, we keep the thought. The power bank gift they sent me will most likely end up in my junk draw, but again, its not the gift, its the general idea of receiving the gift is what sticks. anyway... I wish all dealerships offer free oil changes but that might put some dealers out of business. I sure am lucky with my dealer. I've done 2 oil changes since I first purchase the TLX and both visits to the dealer I left without paying anything out of pocket, plus, I took an extra bagel with me
The following 6 users liked this post by Rae Rad:
a35tl (03-31-2017), F23A4 (03-31-2017), holografique (03-31-2017), justnspace (03-31-2017), steve_97060 (04-01-2017), Tony Pac (03-31-2017) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-31-2017, 07:57 AM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
They have sent me a card on the anniversary of a sale/lease since my 2011 TSX.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Rae Rad
Yes, Marketing 101, and it works! its not the post card, its the thought. ask me where are those cards they sent me? I wouldn't have a clue, I wasn't planning on hanging them on my wall, my wife might have thrown them out by now. but like a birthday card or a thank you card, we don't keep the card, we keep the thought. The power bank gift they sent me will most likely end up in my junk draw, but again, its not the gift, its the general idea of receiving the gift is what sticks. anyway... I wish all dealerships offer free oil changes but that might put some dealers out of business. I sure am lucky with my dealer. I've done 2 oil changes since I first purchase the TLX and both visits to the dealer I left without paying anything out of pocket, plus, I took an extra bagel with me
Great for you and your dealership!

but honestly, ANY great salesman will "appreciate" his closed deals to gain repeat business and word of mouth marketing.
remember, ABC!
ALWAYS BE CLOSING!
he closed you and all of your family and friends with a simple thank you note!

there are tons of books on the psychology of selling shit.

Last edited by justnspace; 03-31-2017 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 937 Likes on 487 Posts
its not the post card, its the thought.
This x100.

It's the basics of selling - making your customer feel appreciated beyond just being another transaction towards revenue and bottom line. Especially your customers paying top dollar for your top product. Well, what was SUPPOSED to be their top product....
Rae Rad (03-31-2017)
Old 03-31-2017, 04:44 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
it surprises me that people dont know marketing when they see it.
they are sending you appreciation gifts to gain repeat business

welcome to "how to close people 101"
This.

I have a Toyota dealer nearby that offers all those free stuff (Coke, Sprite, coffee, bagels, donuts, etc) too. It's just marketing. They do it to make all customers come back and feel special, and by the looks of it, you fell for it.

The Toyota dealer also sends out quarterly/semi-annual service reminders. There's always a coupon for $1 oil changes and other stuff. Why? Because they want me back at the dealer as often as possible to sell me additional stuff/services. It also gives their sales people an opportunity to hit me up for a trade in and tell me about their "great" car deals.

There's nothing special about this.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 891 Likes on 304 Posts
I got those post cards every anniversary for both of my Acuras... I purchased the vehicles at different dealerships... The postcards came from corp headquarters, not the dealerships. I will say that it was nice getting them... made me feel special... they were customized for the specific model and had nice/inspiring messages in them... even the envelopes were nice with a large silver or gold leaf 1, 2, 3.. etc depending on your anniversary year.
The following 2 users liked this post by randomRon82:
a35tl (03-31-2017), Rae Rad (03-31-2017)
Old 03-31-2017, 07:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 891 Likes on 304 Posts
^^ in other news... not to ruin the party, but Infiniti sent me a Bose Touch Pro Wireless speaker system for the purchase of my Q60. *ducks*... of course it was a choice of that, a go pro, 5 star dinner for 2, luggage, two nights at a fancy hotel.. etc. Don't throw tomatoes at me... I just had to mention it.
Rae Rad (03-31-2017)
Old 03-31-2017, 08:13 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Originally Posted by randomRon82
^^ in other news... not to ruin the party, but Infiniti sent me a Bose Touch Pro Wireless speaker system for the purchase of my Q60. *ducks*... of course it was a choice of that, a go pro, 5 star dinner for 2, luggage, two nights at a fancy hotel.. etc. Don't throw tomatoes at me... I just had to mention it.
I'll give it a pass. Infiniti isn't much used to selling sedans

i kid
Old 03-31-2017, 10:22 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,582 Likes on 952 Posts
I think it's a great gesture from Acura and team. Every good company does it to retain their customers and spread good word of mouth. We all know that this is marketing 101 but at the same time very thoughtful. Bravo Acura.

My dealer is amazing as well...they serve bagels, doughnuts, latte, coffee, fruits, soft drinks, water, free wi-fi, car wash and courtesy vehicle. Acura Laval is the place to service your car Montrealers
Rae Rad (03-31-2017)
Old 03-31-2017, 10:43 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,582 Likes on 952 Posts
Originally Posted by randomRon82

Infiniti is very aggressive in their marketing. It's great that you have received that but at least in Canada they advertise non stop and I always see "$7,000 off the sticker price" I don't know if it's true or not but I like Infiniti's marketing department They are pushy and as a result we all see a huge increase in Infiniti's sales for the past 4-5 months.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:54 PM
Advanced

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts
there is a certain population on this forum that are definitely "the glass is half empty" types..
The following 4 users liked this post by steve_97060:
a35tl (04-01-2017), mapleloaf (03-31-2017), PreludeVTEC01 (04-10-2017), Rae Rad (03-31-2017)
Old 03-31-2017, 11:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
It's a cynical world out there. Imagine they want to keep your business and treat you well. Holy crap batmen, stop the presses, people who feed their families want you to come back. Unfortunately, this basic lack of respect/trust for people who sell retail is due, in some part, to the growing trend to shop from home and minimize this type of human contact. it used to be about win win....it's seems to becoming more screw screw. One of the reasons I stay with Acura, is that I have developed good relationships with people in the dealership. When I have an issue, the go out of their way to make it right. I see the blue screens when I buy a car, I know what they make, what the owner makes, etc. I get a good deal, but i also understand that they have to make a few bucks. In the long run, this approach pays off - but it's not my main motivation. I enjoy cars, and I enjoy most people - and I certainly enjoying dropping in at the dealership from time to time. Free coffee, snacks, and car chat

Like anything else, you give respect, you generally get it back, whether it's buying or servicing a car or dealing with work colleagues.
The following 4 users liked this post by mapleloaf:
a35tl (04-01-2017), Rae Rad (04-01-2017), steve_97060 (04-01-2017), Tony Pac (04-01-2017)
Old 04-02-2017, 12:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 115 Posts
... I've done 2 oil changes since I first purchase the TLX and both visits to the dealer I left without paying anything out of pocket, plus, I took an extra bagel with me
I know! The TLX doesn't come with a spare tire so I took an extra bagel too.

/JK. I know it's marketing, but I agree, it's a smart and considerate gesture.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:07 PM
Rae Ray

Originally Posted by WheelMcCoy
The TLX doesn't come with a spare tire
I guess I better use the term, "they offer free donuts" loosely.

Last edited by Rae Rad; 04-02-2017 at 01:13 PM.
clawber (04-02-2017)
Old 04-03-2017, 12:48 PM
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Bought a CPO for relatively cheap at the time from a LA area dealer and they acted like the were doing me a favor, wouldn't budge on price or extras and received nothing. Local dealership has been sub-par.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by mapleloaf
It's a cynical world out there. Imagine they want to keep your business and treat you well. Holy crap batmen, stop the presses, people who feed their families want you to come back. Unfortunately, this basic lack of respect/trust for people who sell retail is due, in some part, to the growing trend to shop from home and minimize this type of human contact. it used to be about win win....it's seems to becoming more screw screw. One of the reasons I stay with Acura, is that I have developed good relationships with people in the dealership. When I have an issue, the go out of their way to make it right. I see the blue screens when I buy a car, I know what they make, what the owner makes, etc. I get a good deal, but i also understand that they have to make a few bucks. In the long run, this approach pays off - but it's not my main motivation. I enjoy cars, and I enjoy most people - and I certainly enjoying dropping in at the dealership from time to time. Free coffee, snacks, and car chat

Like anything else, you give respect, you generally get it back, whether it's buying or servicing a car or dealing with work colleagues.
a great salesman ALWAYS builds rapport with their client.
whether by sending an appreciation gift or simply asking about family.
which in turn, makes you the buyer trust the seller.
which is what you're talking about..respect and fair trade deals.

there is a difference between a good/great salesman and a shady one.
sounds like most of you are getting GREAT sales people.
but dont mistake this process for friends!
at the end of the day, the salesman wants to make a sale. AND you are his mark
Old 04-03-2017, 02:17 PM
Rae Ray

a great salesman ALWAYS builds rapport with their client.
whether by sending an appreciation gift or simply asking about family.
which in turn, makes you the buyer trust the seller.
which is what you're talking about..respect and fair trade deals.

there is a difference between a good/great salesman and a shady one.
sounds like most of you are getting GREAT sales people.
but dont mistake this process for friends!
at the end of the day, the salesman wants to make a sale. AND you are his mark
The salesman didn't give me anything but a monthly plan and a hand shake. The gifts/cards came from corporate headquarters
Old 04-03-2017, 02:21 PM

it's still a selling tool.
Acura is in the business of selling.

they got you, hook line and sinker...as now you are a buyer for life.
it's called customer retention

Customer retention refers to the activities and actions companies and organizations take to reduce the number of customer defections. The goal of customer retention programs is to help companies retain as many customers as possible, often through customer loyalty and brand loyalty initiatives

even you recognized this as you are a self proclaimed "fanboy"
I also believe you went through 2 ILX's?
they suckered you out of thousands and thousands of dollars and are appreciating you by sending you a tiny gift card.

Last edited by justnspace; 04-03-2017 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:37 PM

its like you're congratulating them on what THEY'RE SUPPOSED to be doing....

as an Entry level luxury brand, they should be doing EVERYTHING in their power to make the dealership experience more luxury like...
which includes customer retention programs like appreciation gifts, donuts, coffee, GREAT customer service...
these are the things that THEY SHOULD BE DOING ACROSS THE WHOLE COUNTRY throughout EACH dealership franchise
but no, it's still disjointed as one poster pointed out, they didnt get chit from Acura

Last edited by justnspace; 04-03-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:35 PM
Rae Ray

it's still a selling tool.
Acura is in the business of selling.

they got you, hook line and sinker...as now you are a buyer for life.
it's called customer retention

Customer retention refers to the activities and actions companies and organizations take to reduce the number of customer defections. The goal of customer retention programs is to help companies retain as many customers as possible, often through customer loyalty and brand loyalty initiatives

even you recognized this as you are a self proclaimed "fanboy"
I also believe you went through 2 ILX's?
they suckered you out of thousands and thousands of dollars and are appreciating you by sending you a tiny gift card.
thanks for the community college marketing lesson. I appreciate it. You did not tell me anything I didn't already know, but thanks anyway.
Some poeple just can't believe that there is large population out there that actually likes Acuras!! Anyways.. they did not "sucker" me into anything. The ONE ILX I had was a great car just too small.
The following 3 users liked this post by Rae Rad:
a35tl (04-03-2017), mapleloaf (04-05-2017), steve_97060 (04-03-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 09:34 PM
Azine Jabroni

Just got my 4 year ann'y for my TSX...that I sold last month. Oops
Old 04-04-2017, 10:42 PM
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
thanks for the community college marketing lesson. I appreciate it. You did not tell me anything I didn't already know, but thanks anyway.
Some poeple just can't believe that there is large population out there that actually likes Acuras!! Anyways.. they did not "sucker" me into anything. The ONE ILX I had was a great car just too small.
Count me in the camp that doesn't see the periodic "Hi" or "Anniversary" message as evil subterfuge...and certainly no qualms if you get a discount on service. I've never walked into a dealership and left with a vehicle I wasn't already intending to purchase.

My wife and I are very happy with our vehicles - 2015 TLX Advance and 2014 Toyota Highlander Platinum.

I find the emails and postcards from Toyota a somewhat aggravating ruse to be always claiming "there is a high demand for your vehicle in the used car market. We'll make you a great deal blah, blah, blah.....".

If this is my biggest issue for a day....I'm figuring it's a pretty darn good day!
Old 04-05-2017, 11:25 AM
Needs a 930

Received 759 Likes on 547 Posts
I get offers to buy my 3G which I sold almost a year ago. They can have it, if they can find it
Old 04-07-2017, 08:01 AM
Azine Jabroni

Just got my four year ownership appreciation from Acura...

...oops