Notices

Accessory mode on Power on/off buttom

 
Old 06-15-2018, 02:51 PM
  #1  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
LTBM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Accessory mode on Power on/off buttom

Question: Has anyone found any procedure to go to an "accessory mode" when turning the engine off?
Sometimes as I'm listing to FM/AM what have you, I miss certain portion of the broadcast because it takes a few seconds for the system to re-boot without engine running.
Acura tells me it does not exist.
David
LTBM is offline  
Old 06-15-2018, 05:07 PM
  #2  
6 Forward 1 Back
 
Speed_Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Bay Area CA
Posts: 2,233
Received 199 Likes on 96 Posts
They're clueless if they say it doesn't exist. I actually found this by accident. If you turn off the car in any gear besides Park it goes into Accessory mode.

Speed_Racer is offline  
Old 06-15-2018, 07:04 PM
  #3  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
LTBM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tried your suggestion...

Thanks Speed Racer,
I tried your suggestion, here is what happened:
If I turn the engine off, by pressing (start/Stop button) while in neutral, reverse or drive, the transmission goes automatically (defaults) into park.
2015 TLX 9 speed, V6, etc.
I tried it three times, same results.
What year is your TLX?,
Did you have your ZF 9 sp. transmission replaced (under warranty) due to a recall, I did in 2016?. The problem was: tranny never engaged in park while off.
IOW, unless I engaged the parking break, it would roll even when I had pressed park before turning engine off.
David
LTBM is offline  
Old 06-15-2018, 08:48 PM
  #4  
Registered Member
 
dezymond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,269
Received 212 Likes on 154 Posts
My 2015 advance goes into accessory mode if I leave it in N, engage the parking brake, and turn off the engine. I don't know if it'll work without the parking brake engaged. I've never tried as I always engage the parking brake out of habit.
dezymond is offline  
Old 06-16-2018, 12:05 AM
  #5  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 34
Posts: 732
Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts
HERES THE ANSWER


That above listing about leaving it in gear, thats NOT for a the TLX V6. The older TLs for example and I haven't tried it but Im assuming the 4cyl TLX which has a regular shift lever might work

As mentioned above, you can put the car in "Car Wash Mode". To do that, press Neutral, within 5 seconds turn off the car and it will leave it in accessory mode. Make sure you apply the parking brake! Thats your only options there is no other way
spoiler900 is offline  
Old 06-16-2018, 02:47 AM
  #6  
6 Forward 1 Back
 
Speed_Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Bay Area CA
Posts: 2,233
Received 199 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by LTBM View Post
Thanks Speed Racer,
I tried your suggestion, here is what happened:
If I turn the engine off, by pressing (start/Stop button) while in neutral, reverse or drive, the transmission goes automatically (defaults) into park.
2015 TLX 9 speed, V6, etc.
I tried it three times, same results.
What year is your TLX?,
Did you have your ZF 9 sp. transmission replaced (under warranty) due to a recall, I did in 2016?. The problem was: tranny never engaged in park while off.
IOW, unless I engaged the parking break, it would roll even when I had pressed park before turning engine off.
David
Mine is a 2018 ASpec. It works as dezymond and Spoiler900 described it and only in Neutral. Drive or Reverse won't go into Accessory when you turn it off. It might not be working for you in Neutral if the door is open or your seatbelt is unbuckled. Auto Park would get engaged that way.

Speed_Racer is offline  
Old 06-16-2018, 05:19 AM
  #7  
Registered Member
 
TSXV6Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ontario (Canada)
Age: 53
Posts: 590
Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by spoiler900 View Post
HERES THE ANSWER
[...]
As mentioned above, you can put the car in "Car Wash Mode". To do that, press Neutral, within 5 seconds turn off the car and it will leave it in accessory mode. Make sure you apply the parking brake! Thats your only options there is no other way
What he said. I confirm that it works on my 2018 V6 AWD. Before turning the car off, push N, then push the power button. It goes into ACC mode. I think it stays in ACC mode for about 20 minutes(?) then turns OFF automatically in order not to drain the battery.

Last edited by TSXV6Guy; 06-16-2018 at 05:21 AM.
TSXV6Guy is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 09:57 AM
  #8  
Registered Member
 
someguy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Age: 36
Posts: 143
Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
My 2015 advance goes into accessory mode if I leave it in N, engage the parking brake, and turn off the engine. I don't know if it'll work without the parking brake engaged. I've never tried as I always engage the parking brake out of habit.
Originally Posted by spoiler900 View Post
HERES THE ANSWER
As mentioned above, you can put the car in "Car Wash Mode". To do that, press Neutral, within 5 seconds turn off the car and it will leave it in accessory mode. Make sure you apply the parking brake! Thats your only options there is no other way
I'm not trying to resurrect a dead thread, but thanks for the info you guys. Very helpful. My TSX had a feature that I loved - its auxiliary system would run after turning the car off and removing the key from the ignition until the door was opened, then everything shut off. I could continue listening to whatever I was without interruption while waiting for whatever appointment I was at. The TLX has been harder to figure out. After months of cycling from on to off to accessory, I found this thread by googling "TLX accessory mode" and did some trial/error after rereading it a couple times.

The trick appears to be speed. You want to pull up to your parking spot, then pretty quickly shift to N, then apply parking brake, foot off brake, then hit power. It also works if you apply parking brake while in D, then shift to N, foot off brake, then hit power. If I don't do this sequence fast enough, tranny shifts itself to P and car shuts down. When it works, I timed it yesterday and the auxiliary system runs for 15 minutes, unless you turn it off sooner.
someguy11 is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
san Antonio tl
4G TL Photograph Gallery
1
11-25-2016 11:40 PM
getakey
3G RLX Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation
0
04-22-2014 10:07 PM
Zelaya
4G TL Problems & Fixes
0
04-04-2013 09:18 PM
warrior15r
3G TL Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation
0
11-15-2009 08:54 PM
2000TL-Navi
Second Generation TL (1999-2003)
3
01-30-2009 10:58 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Accessory mode on Power on/off buttom


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.