Notices

2019 TLX A-Spec damaged by tinters

Old 06-17-2019, 06:50 AM
Get Out Of The Left Lane!

Received 927 Likes on 793 Posts
Does the shop understand that the cost to replace the dash is going to be many multiple times the cost of a tint refund? I donít see how this makes financial sense from their standpoint, but havenít been part of the conversations and donít know what you have asked for or allowed.
Its you car and you cans do as you wish - but believe you are opening a can of worms of potential other problems vs living with a cosmetic one. I understand itís a brand new car, but I see significantly more downside than up in moving forward with your plan.
The following 2 users liked this post by NBP04TL4ME:
a35tl (06-17-2019), KrylonBlue (06-17-2019)
Old 06-17-2019, 01:09 PM
Go Blackhawks!

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by NBP04TL4ME View Post
Does the shop understand that the cost to replace the dash is going to be many multiple times the cost of a tint refund? I donít see how this makes financial sense from their standpoint, but havenít been part of the conversations and donít know what you have asked for or allowed.
Its you car and you cans do as you wish - but believe you are opening a can of worms of potential other problems vs living with a cosmetic one. I understand itís a brand new car, but I see significantly more downside than up in moving forward with your plan.
I guess not. Theyíre using insurance to solve the issue rather than their own money.

Besides, itís not that Iíd let this go for $350 tints. Itís not that simple. But I do agree this can open a bag of worms. When I initially got a quote from Acura regarding this the Service Manager told me that in the past he would have never recommended a dashboard replacement but the TLX is a simple replacement. But still, Iím sure, as he would openly admit, opens chances to more issues as the dashboard may not be 100% right anymore. There are always risks. Itís become easier but that doesnít absolve all issues.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:30 PM
Serbian Sensation

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
PLEASE, please listen to me...I logged in after not being on the forum for over a year so I can reply to you. DON'T replace the dashboard. Hear me out please. I have lost almost $10K trading in car after car after another car because I wanted to iron out cosmetic flaws on my new car. It's all downhill once you tear into that dash. Do whatever you can to color match it and LIVE WITH IT. Blast the shop all over social media, SUE them, whatever you feel like you need to do but do not tear that dash apart. I've owned more cars than I care to admit in last 2 years because I did this with my TLX when I first got it. I made the same mistake with my replacement car, new Accord 2.0T 6MT. I was back at the dealer within 7 days complaining about cosmetics and by the end of that week, I had my car ripped apart so many times that it was never the same. I now own a brand new 2019 Accord, 2.0T 6MT again and same as before, minor cosmetic things that I don't dare have "fixed". Taking that dash off, it's game over for structural integrity of your interior. You'll get creaks and rattles on the way home that same day. When you're bored, go sit near your dealer and watch the techs as they go about their day. They don't care one bit about your car. They will rush that dash job to get it done under time and get paid for not working whatever time they can shave off so they can go outside and smoke a cig. Please take my advice, leave your dash alone in terms of having it replaced. There is no scenario where new dash and 100+ parts that need to be removed and re-installed are going to be done as they were going down the assembly line. I speak from experience. You start down that road and you'll be trading in your car in 6 months because you will hate driving it. I know they ruined your new car joy but it's done and can't turn back time. Find a way to live with the stains or have them near neutralized. Don't replace the dash.
The following 3 users liked this post by SRB-TL:
a35tl (06-18-2019), KrylonBlue (06-18-2019), someguy11 (06-18-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 06:19 PM
Go Blackhawks!

Originally Posted by SRB-TL View Post
PLEASE, please listen to me...I logged in after not being on the forum for over a year so I can reply to you. DON'T replace the dashboard. Hear me out please. I have lost almost $10K trading in car after car after another car because I wanted to iron out cosmetic flaws on my new car. It's all downhill once you tear into that dash. Do whatever you can to color match it and LIVE WITH IT. Blast the shop all over social media, SUE them, whatever you feel like you need to do but do not tear that dash apart. I've owned more cars than I care to admit in last 2 years because I did this with my TLX when I first got it. I made the same mistake with my replacement car, new Accord 2.0T 6MT. I was back at the dealer within 7 days complaining about cosmetics and by the end of that week, I had my car ripped apart so many times that it was never the same. I now own a brand new 2019 Accord, 2.0T 6MT again and same as before, minor cosmetic things that I don't dare have "fixed". Taking that dash off, it's game over for structural integrity of your interior. You'll get creaks and rattles on the way home that same day. When you're bored, go sit near your dealer and watch the techs as they go about their day. They don't care one bit about your car. They will rush that dash job to get it done under time and get paid for not working whatever time they can shave off so they can go outside and smoke a cig. Please take my advice, leave your dash alone in terms of having it replaced. There is no scenario where new dash and 100+ parts that need to be removed and re-installed are going to be done as they were going down the assembly line. I speak from experience. You start down that road and you'll be trading in your car in 6 months because you will hate driving it. I know they ruined your new car joy but it's done and can't turn back time. Find a way to live with the stains or have them near neutralized. Don't replace the dash.
Iím going to send you a PM

Everyone else, deal is done. Not going to go into details but it wasnít the original plan.
Old 06-18-2019, 06:23 PM

Received 5,934 Likes on 4,758 Posts
I hope you do update us once it's done or a few years down the line as to what all happened.. "not going into details" is a lame response

I'd love to see how this can of worms 'resolves' itself.
The following users liked this post:
KrylonBlue (06-18-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 06:38 PM
Go Blackhawks!

Originally Posted by thoiboi View Post
I hope you do update us once it's done or a few years down the line as to what all happened.. "not going into details" is a lame response

I'd love to see how this can of worms 'resolves' itself.
I will. I just need to finalize a few things first. Lol.

Can of worms suck don't they?

And haha, they didn't resolve themself. I had to work on a few things to make this happen. In the end, to keep it short, the shop/insurance made it right.

Last edited by KrylonBlue; 06-18-2019 at 06:44 PM.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:43 PM

Tint shop is going to buy your car outright from you and you get to start over?????
Old 06-18-2019, 08:11 PM
Go Blackhawks!

Tint shop is going to buy your car outright from you and you get to start over?????
😂

That certainly would be nice, lol.

I wish. I donít think thatís ever happened haha.

But itís a solution I can live with without worrying about a new dash messing up my car.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by KrylonBlue View Post
But itís a solution I can live with without worrying about a new dash messing up my car.
But you are going to keep us in suspenders, huh?
Old 06-19-2019, 10:14 PM
Go Blackhawks!

But you are going to keep us in suspenders, huh?
Nope.

Once its finalized I will be sure to update everyone. Youíve all been great with the help and I do appreciate it. 😎
Old 06-24-2019, 12:03 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DashMat??
Old 06-25-2019, 09:27 PM
Go Blackhawks!

Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
DashMat??
I still canít believe those exist, lol.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:23 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KrylonBlue View Post
Positive post... this car is sexy at night
That interior accent lighting is legit. Wish my 2019 RDX had it. Luckily, I got the same car as yours as a loaner for a couple days. Makes me want a TLX A-Spec!