Notices

2019 Car Shows: 2020 Acura TLX

 
Old 11-13-2018, 12:01 PM
  #41  
MASTER CAR BULIDER
 
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NC - USA
Age: 77
Posts: 5,206
Thanked 1,210 Times in 732 Posts
Originally Posted by hadokenuh View Post
That is the problem with too many gears and I am not very surprised to hear that. We just need to get used to how it shifts IMO.

I personally still think 6 speed is the sweet spot for auto transmissions.
Right now the top rated AT is an 8 speed. Agree 10 speeds might be a gear to many but FORD, GM etc are also going that way. We will see a lot of 10 speeds in the 2019 & 2020 cars. Think Europeans will stay with the 8ZF as all 2019 announcements so far have them. Some are also dropping their 6MT's in the new generations.


Problem with the current 9 speed is the compromises made trying to stuff too many gears in a small case. The 9 speed is about 2/3rds the size of the 8 speed.
BEAR-AvHistory is online now  
Old 11-13-2018, 12:44 PM
  #42  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 331
Thanked 82 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by hadokenuh View Post
That is the problem with too many gears and I am not very surprised to hear that. We just need to get used to how it shifts IMO.

I personally still think 6 speed is the sweet spot for auto transmissions.
Some can get used to how it shifts however IMO not being able to quickly downshift and find the right gear greatly reduces the enjoyment of the sh-awd torque vectoring going through corners. As it stands even with the tlx if you want to power through a turn and take advantage of the sh-awd you have to get into the pedal well before you want the power to kick in and even then you never know when or level of power it will produce till it happens (this even in sport mode). Sport+ I believe takes out the top 3 gears so you are more in a power band most of the time but at the expense of high rpms at steady cruising speeds. Honestly there shouldn't need to be so much thought put in by the driver on how to get an automatic to shift as well as one that was put in cars 10 years ago. I don't see the precision in the "precision crafted performance" at this time.

I agree a six speed would probably be ideal. If the type S comes out with the same trans/throttle response issues as the TLX/RDX transmission I will either opt for a manual if available or probably just change brands after many years of Acuras.
jhb31 is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 04:37 PM
  #43  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 511
Thanked 93 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
I test drove the new Mazda 6 just for fun and I walked away very impressed. The fit and finish of the car is amazing. I wasn't really looking at any other Mazda models, but I imagine the quality of the interior of the whole lineup is pretty damn close.
I recently tested a Mazda 6 Grand Touring, and I was also impressed. It didn't handle quite as well as my 2010 TSX, but it would be an upgrade in many respects and the handling would undoubtedly improve with better tires. For the price, the Grand Touring trim is astoundingly well-equipped. It's one of the best automotive deals I've ever seen.
Nedmundo is online now  
Old 11-18-2018, 09:13 AM
  #44  
Registered Member
 
mapleloaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 1,163
Thanked 537 Times in 274 Posts
Originally Posted by Nedmundo View Post
I recently tested a Mazda 6 Grand Touring, and I was also impressed. It didn't handle quite as well as my 2010 TSX, but it would be an upgrade in many respects and the handling would undoubtedly improve with better tires. For the price, the Grand Touring trim is astoundingly well-equipped. It's one of the best automotive deals I've ever seen.
A nice car, especially if you want the extra power of the turbo 4 compared to the 2.4. I built the comparable vehicle equipment wise to my vehicle, and ended up with $150 higher monthly payment for a 4 year lease (I did get one heck of a deal). I prefer the exterior and interior look of my TLX ASpec, but that's not a criticism of the Mazda 6. One smallish point, I don't like the way they have laid out the steering wheel controls - a lot of little buttons crammed into smaller spaces than the TLX, or so it appears.

Yet another example of how competitive the dwindling premium/luxury sedan class has become.
mapleloaf is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 06:53 PM
  #45  
Senior Moderator
 
neuronbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Cleveland area, OH
Posts: 19,229
Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,759 Posts
I've driven the 2019 RDX. The tranny shifts more smoothly than an ZF9, pre or post 2018 (I've driven both). I still don't like the idea of too many gears, but the Feds have spoken about CAFE, and that's what these multi-cog trannys are all about. That said, I think we'll be fine with the 10-speed in the next TLX.
neuronbob is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 09:18 PM
  #46  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 249
Thanked 43 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
I've driven the 2019 RDX. The tranny shifts more smoothly than an ZF9, pre or post 2018 (I've driven both). I still don't like the idea of too many gears, but the Feds have spoken about CAFE, and that's what these multi-cog trannys are all about. That said, I think we'll be fine with the 10-speed in the next TLX.
Can't Acura modify 10AT by blocking out top 2 gears and changnig gear ratios to mimic 8zf? They should do something atleast for Type S models..
alpha0 is offline  
Old 11-19-2018, 12:04 PM
  #47  
Registered Member
 
ZipSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 321
Thanked 91 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by alpha0 View Post
Can't Acura modify 10AT by blocking out top 2 gears and changnig gear ratios to mimic 8zf? They should do something atleast for Type S models..
I think they already do that with the ZF9 if you put the TLX in Sport+. Someone correct if I'm wrong. I'll have to try again, since I almost never use that mode.
ZipSpeed is offline  
Old 11-19-2018, 08:51 PM
  #48  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 331
Thanked 82 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by ZipSpeed View Post
I think they already do that with the ZF9 if you put the TLX in Sport+. Someone correct if I'm wrong. I'll have to try again, since I almost never use that mode.
I believe on the ZF9 it blocks out the top 3 gears in sport plus. Sport still uses all 9. Sport Plus does give you better control of the paddle shifters for those who like to use them. I also don't use it as it's not a practical mode to drive in for long due to the engine always constantly over-reving when the car is not under any load. Solves the occasional problem of not having to search for the right lower gear since it's always in a lower gear to begin with. I imagine the mpg would drop by 20 to 25% in plus mode over sport due to the high revs and the VCM probably getting disabled as well.
jhb31 is offline  
Old 11-20-2018, 08:06 AM
  #49  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 249
Thanked 43 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by jhb31 View Post
I believe on the ZF9 it blocks out the top 3 gears in sport plus. Sport still uses all 9. Sport Plus does give you better control of the paddle shifters for those who like to use them. I also don't use it as it's not a practical mode to drive in for long due to the engine always constantly over-reving when the car is not under any load. Solves the occasional problem of not having to search for the right lower gear since it's always in a lower gear to begin with. I imagine the mpg would drop by 20 to 25% in plus mode over sport due to the high revs and the VCM probably getting disabled as well.
Plus there will be a special 4-5 change - due to dog clutch or whatever it is called. Honda 10 AT does not use dog clutch, so that is one less issue..
alpha0 is offline  
Old 11-21-2018, 04:18 PM
  #50  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 85
Thanks: 0
Thanked 30 Times in 18 Posts
theredia92 is offline  
Old 11-21-2018, 05:52 PM
  #51  
Registered Member
 
mikedub88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: OHIO
Age: 30
Posts: 62
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
mikedub88 is offline  
Old 11-21-2018, 06:12 PM
  #52  
I love spreadsheets.
 
Denali05's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Baton Rouge / Red Stick
Posts: 78
Thanked 49 Times in 18 Posts
It's interesting that they are testing the mule in Europe....
Denali05 is offline  
Old 11-21-2018, 06:13 PM
  #53  
Registered Member
 
a35tl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 927
Thanked 271 Times in 172 Posts
Originally Posted by mikedub88 View Post
So far, I'm liking what I'm seeing and reading. A Type S with at least 350 hp is what I've been hoping for.
a35tl is offline  
Old 11-21-2018, 06:59 PM
  #54  
Registered Member
 
KeithL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 57
Posts: 4,970
Thanked 629 Times in 366 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
I've driven the 2019 RDX. The tranny shifts more smoothly than an ZF9, pre or post 2018 (I've driven both). I still don't like the idea of too many gears, but the Feds have spoken about CAFE, and that's what these multi-cog trannys are all about. That said, I think we'll be fine with the 10-speed in the next TLX.
I agree, I drive wife's RDX every weekend and it shifts a thousand times better than my 19 TLX and light years better than my 15 could ever imagine.
KeithL is offline  
Old 11-21-2018, 07:01 PM
  #55  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Age: 29
Posts: 45
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by a35tl View Post
So far, I'm liking what I'm seeing and reading. A Type S with at least 350 hp is what I've been hoping for.
That's not enough. Instead of competing with germans, compete with your own. The Q50/60 offers 400hp, the RLX not even in that range. A type-s TLX should have more horses than the RLX. The Lexus GS-F offers 467HP. Now I understand TLX not in competition with those, but my point is outside of the NSX only rich people can afford Acura for some reason is under-powering the rest of their car lineup in comparison to lexus and infiniti, with only 3 cars. Probably 2 cause I'm being told the RLX will be discontinued. (Exclude the NSX)
Mak P is offline  
Old 11-22-2018, 02:50 AM
  #56  
6 Forward 1 Back
 
Speed_Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Bay Area CA
Posts: 2,211
Thanked 194 Times in 92 Posts
2019 C43 will already have 385hp. Acura needs to step up while they still can since this Type S is considered a 2020 model.
Speed_Racer is offline  
Old 11-23-2018, 08:28 AM
  #57  
MASTER CAR BULIDER
 
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NC - USA
Age: 77
Posts: 5,206
Thanked 1,210 Times in 732 Posts
Originally Posted by Mak P View Post
That's not enough. Instead of competing with germans, compete with your own. The Q50/60 offers 400hp, the RLX not even in that range. A type-s TLX should have more horses than the RLX. The Lexus GS-F offers 467HP. Now I understand TLX not in competition with those, but my point is outside of the NSX only rich people can afford Acura for some reason is under-powering the rest of their car lineup in comparison to lexus and infiniti, with only 3 cars. Probably 2 cause I'm being told the RLX will be discontinued. (Exclude the NSX)
Here is what is wrong with the Japanese & Korean 400/400+ claims in the real world.

Car & Driver says about the 467BHP GS-F:
"What’s a nearly $90,000 hot-rod sedan doing........besides getting its doors blown off by the competition in straight-line acceleration?"

Note: Its slower then the 340i 320BHP-$46/58K - S4 354BHP-$52/59K - C43AMG 362BHP-$52/66K all under 400BHP. Fits my comment about claiming 400/400+BHP then not performing at the expected level.

The TLX would also, depending on what the marketing dweebs do, get some slack as its top price will be under or equal to the others base price.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 11-23-2018 at 08:42 AM.
BEAR-AvHistory is online now  
Old 11-23-2018, 09:46 AM
  #58  
Registered Member
 
TacoBello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: In an igloo
Posts: 30,496
Thanked 4,403 Times in 3,312 Posts
What everyone should also consider- as awesome as it is to have more and more power, for a daily driver, you still need to be cognisant of fuel economy.

I'm not a stickler for fuel economy, but at the same time, when it comes to something like the CTS-V, it does start to matter. Premium fuel was hitting $1.55/L here, not too long ago. That thing would cost me $100 to fill, every 4 days. How many people would be cool with say 16-17mpg, but have ~400hp?
TacoBello is offline  
Old 11-23-2018, 12:42 PM
  #59  
Registered Member
 
hondu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Age: 48
Posts: 552
Thanked 53 Times in 43 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello View Post
What everyone should also consider- as awesome as it is to have more and more power, for a daily driver, you still need to be cognisant of fuel economy.

I'm not a stickler for fuel economy, but at the same time, when it comes to something like the CTS-V, it does start to matter. Premium fuel was hitting $1.55/L here, not too long ago. That thing would cost me $100 to fill, every 4 days. How many people would be cool with say 16-17mpg, but have ~400hp?
Sounds like a Type-S is really not for you if you are worried about the gas mileage.
hondu is offline  
Old 11-23-2018, 12:50 PM
  #60  
Registered Member
 
TacoBello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: In an igloo
Posts: 30,496
Thanked 4,403 Times in 3,312 Posts
Reading comprehension fail

TacoBello is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TacoBello For This Useful Post:
neuronbob (11-24-2018), OtownPSU (11-28-2018)
Old 11-23-2018, 01:24 PM
  #61  
MASTER CAR BULIDER
 
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NC - USA
Age: 77
Posts: 5,206
Thanked 1,210 Times in 732 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello View Post
What everyone should also consider- as awesome as it is to have more and more power, for a daily driver, you still need to be cognisant of fuel economy.

I'm not a stickler for fuel economy, but at the same time, when it comes to something like the CTS-V, it does start to matter. Premium fuel was hitting $1.55/L here, not too long ago. That thing would cost me $100 to fill, every 4 days. How many people would be cool with say 16-17mpg, but have ~400hp?
Granted not 400BHP advertised but estimated 400+ at the flywheel
Not responsibly (wife not in the car) driving in Sport+ quickly in local traffic. 19MPG
Responsibly (wife in the car) driving in Comfort with relaxed acceleration in local traffic. 22MPG
Common sense over the road in comfort 31MPG @ 72MPH average speed.

Not as good as the C&D test indicated but over the road matches the EPA 32 MPG number closely and the EPA City 25MPG when in Comfort relaxed driving. So I would suggest driven responsibly a near or at 400BHP TLX would not break the bank with gas prices. That said most people buying a performance version of any car are not fuel economy sensitive buyers.

Only looser I have in general use for fuel economy is the Expedition but it runs on 87 @ $2.18 Costco as recommended by FORD.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 11-23-2018 at 01:29 PM.
BEAR-AvHistory is online now  
Old 11-24-2018, 12:16 PM
  #62  
Registered Member
 
ESHBG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 731
Thanked 41 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by hondu View Post


Sounds like a Type-S is really not for you if you are worried about the gas mileage.
If you're not worried about fuel economy for a daily driver I would say that you aren't very good with your money. Also, I happen to care about the environment as well. Manufacturers would be very wise to balance performance and fuel economy and what would be wrong with that?
ESHBG is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ESHBG For This Useful Post:
mapleloaf (11-30-2018), OtownPSU (11-28-2018)
Old 11-24-2018, 01:21 PM
  #63  
MASTER CAR BULIDER
 
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NC - USA
Age: 77
Posts: 5,206
Thanked 1,210 Times in 732 Posts
Originally Posted by ESHBG View Post
If you're not worried about fuel economy for a daily driver I would say that you aren't very good with your money. Also, I happen to care about the environment as well. Manufacturers would be very wise to balance performance and fuel economy and what would be wrong with that?
Nothing is wrong with it. Might just be me but I like performance oriented cars & in truth never really looked at the fuel millage they returned very often. My longest run is to see family in Jersey about 490 miles mostly interstate from NC. I can get 500+ miles at steady robot cruise over 70mph so I am good to go. Started to track it when the gas mileage became a topic here & was surprise what local was. Would not think the difference between say 20MPG & 25MPG local would add up to any onerous expense. On a commute most cars will knock down 30MPG.

Back to the what manufactures will do. We are all trying to guess what Acura will do with the V6 DOHC3T. DOHC3T can run easy out to 450/475 BHP but the trade-off is fuel economy, no free lunch. My bet is Acura will be a sub 400BHP don't see the need to go toe to toe horsepower wise with the Japanese & Koreans in a car that like the Germans that runs 3,505 to 3,765 lbs. I would go with a bit more high strength steel & alloy parts to knock 100lbs or so off the weight before pushing the engine outside a typical TLX buyer fuel economy zone.
BEAR-AvHistory is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to BEAR-AvHistory For This Useful Post:
TacoBello (12-02-2018)
Old 11-30-2018, 06:14 AM
  #64  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Tony Pac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 1,051
Thanked 240 Times in 160 Posts
No TLX at the LA autoshow
When is the next big autoshow in the USA? We have to depend on you guys...
Tony Pac is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 01:23 PM
  #65  
Registered Member
 
ZipSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 321
Thanked 91 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac View Post
No TLX at the LA autoshow
When is the next big autoshow in the USA? We have to depend on you guys...

The Jan 2019 North American International Auto Show in Michigan would be the next big one. I don't think anyone was expecting the new TLX to debut at the LA show. The RDX prototype was shown at the NAIAS, so maybe a TLX prototype will be shown there. If not, maybe the New York one in April.

Last edited by ZipSpeed; 11-30-2018 at 01:33 PM.
ZipSpeed is offline  
Old 12-01-2018, 11:40 AM
  #66  
MASTER CAR BULIDER
 
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NC - USA
Age: 77
Posts: 5,206
Thanked 1,210 Times in 732 Posts
Would take a WAG & say NY, world media capital, to get maximum exposure. Would also drop in a teaser in Michigan to build anticipation, but thats just me. Don't think there are any other US based major shows between then & sales launch.
BEAR-AvHistory is online now  
Old 12-01-2018, 11:51 PM
  #67  
Senior Moderator
 
neuronbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Cleveland area, OH
Posts: 19,229
Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,759 Posts
I’ll be at NAIAS in Detroit next month, so if there’s TLX action, I’ll be on top of it. At least when not drooling over the Thermal Orange NC1 that’s making the rounds....
neuronbob is offline  
Old 12-02-2018, 12:51 AM
  #68  
MASTER CAR BULIDER
 
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NC - USA
Age: 77
Posts: 5,206
Thanked 1,210 Times in 732 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
I’ll be at NAIAS in Detroit next month, so if there’s TLX action, I’ll be on top of it. At least when not drooling over the Thermal Orange NC1 that’s making the rounds....
Thing I would get Curva Red. There is a rash of Orange Lamborghini's, McLaren's & Black Ferrari's around here. With the Italians & Scots abandoning Red would be a good choice on the NC1 to be different
BEAR-AvHistory is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to BEAR-AvHistory For This Useful Post:
neuronbob (12-02-2018)
Old 12-02-2018, 09:41 AM
  #69  
Senior Moderator
 
neuronbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Cleveland area, OH
Posts: 19,229
Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,759 Posts
I’m a blue person, myself, but am not paying $6k for that choice. At least Curva Red is a no cost option.

But back on topic, if the Type S is any good, and comes in blue, I’ll be happy. 18 months left on lease, so that’s a lot of time for me to decide. If there’s a manual option, that will merit an immediate deposit on my part.
neuronbob is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to neuronbob For This Useful Post:
Speed_Racer (12-06-2018)
Old 12-02-2018, 03:52 PM
  #70  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 331
Thanked 82 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
Iím a blue person, myself, but am not paying $6k for that choice. At least Curva Red is a no cost option.

But back on topic, if the Type S is any good, and comes in blue, Iíll be happy. 18 months left on lease, so thatís a lot of time for me to decide. If thereís a manual option, that will merit an immediate deposit on my part.
The blue is probably a no-brainer for a type-S. Would like to see a lunar silver or some shade special for they Type-S. Still mind boggling that you cannot not buy an A-Spec in silver which is a top 3 color for about every model of car sold in the U.S.
jhb31 is offline  
Old 12-02-2018, 08:24 PM
  #71  
Registered Member
 
Navy TL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Browns Summit, NC
Posts: 147
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just want Acura to come out and show us something. I don't mind the A-Spec TLX at all and if it did come in silver, i most likely would have one. The transmission and vibrations do scare me though. Bought my 06 ASM TL new and still have it, hoping this reveal makes me want to get it.
Navy TL is online now  
Old 12-08-2018, 06:58 AM
  #72  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Tony Pac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 1,051
Thanked 240 Times in 160 Posts
Looks like TLX will be revealed soon
https://www2.motorauthority.com/news...eek-in-reverse

cant wait!!!
Tony Pac is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tony Pac For This Useful Post:
a35tl (12-08-2018), ACCURATEin (12-10-2018), quantum7 (12-08-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 02:54 PM
  #73  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 331
Thanked 82 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac View Post
Who thinks Acura will showcase the 2020 Acura TLX in the upcoming car shows of 2019?
Without any definitive statements that a 2nd gen TLX is being released for the 2020 model year do you think that it will indicate that 2021 model year will be the full model update? I would think it would need to be in the next 2 to 3 months. The few test mule pictures are clearly the current TLX body. Then again the RDX update body wise was just an incremental styling update exterior wise with more interior changes and motor change but I may be wrong on that. The TL full updates from 2nd, 3rd and 4th gen where all pretty significant style changes as the TLX was to the 4th gen TL.
jhb31 is offline  
Old 12-10-2018, 09:23 PM
  #74  
tehLEGOman
 
ACCURATEin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Age: 35
Posts: 8,467
Thanked 1,650 Times in 1,132 Posts
Hell yeah. My salesman lied to me and im glad lol. He told me the type S will be here in 2021. 2019 is looking good!
ACCURATEin is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 07:39 PM
  #75  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 331
Thanked 82 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by a35tl View Post
So far, I'm liking what I'm seeing and reading. A Type S with at least 350 hp is what I've been hoping for.
Originally Posted by Tony Pac View Post
Looks like TLX will be revealed soon
https://www2.motorauthority.com/news...eek-in-reverse

cant wait!!!
Originally Posted by ACCURATEin View Post
Hell yeah. My salesman lied to me and im glad lol. He told me the type S will be here in 2021. 2019 is looking good!
I still don't get from all the mule shots that there is going to be a 2nd gen TLX out in 2020. Not one prototype picture of anything but the current TLX with some cut up mods. The body is identical even though it has the camo on it. A new TLX would most likely be on the newest gen honda accord platform. I would be happy to see the current model get a type S with the turbo engine and better trans, real quad exhuast (no piping in) and big brake package. That would be enough for me to go up to it. Overall, many on here want at type S badly but we are realistically in the smaller segment of buyers. As great as the 3rd gen type S was with all it had the lower trim/performance models were and still are the bread and butter in sales.
jhb31 is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 08:21 PM
  #76  
MASTER CAR BULIDER
 
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NC - USA
Age: 77
Posts: 5,206
Thanked 1,210 Times in 732 Posts
Originally Posted by jhb31 View Post
I still don't get from all the mule shots that there is going to be a 2nd gen TLX out in 2020. Not one prototype picture of anything but the current TLX with some cut up mods. The body is identical even though it has the camo on it. A new TLX would most likely be on the newest gen honda accord platform. I would be happy to see the current model get a type S with the turbo engine and better trans, real quad exhuast (no piping in) and big brake package. That would be enough for me to go up to it. Overall, many on here want at type S badly but we are realistically in the smaller segment of buyers. As great as the 3rd gen type S was with all it had the lower trim/performance models were and still are the bread and butter in sales.
Think they got burned with the TLX prototype pictures with the production only a few weeks later car being somewhat of a let down. I would hold V2 closer to the rest then they usually do. Would expect pictures of the pre production assembly line shake-out cars vs a prototype. The picture you see is the car you will get.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 12-13-2018 at 08:23 PM.
BEAR-AvHistory is online now  
Old 12-13-2018, 08:31 PM
  #77  
Lucky Enzo!
 
kurtatx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 6,741
Thanked 1,165 Times in 820 Posts
Temple of VTec has been awfully quiet for there to be a 2020 TLX. Maybe a neat concept?
kurtatx is offline  
Old 12-15-2018, 04:03 PM
  #78  
MSZ
Lola
 
MSZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Toronto
Age: 37
Posts: 3,783
Thanked 157 Times in 99 Posts
Originally Posted by jhb31 View Post
I still don't get from all the mule shots that there is going to be a 2nd gen TLX out in 2020. Not one prototype picture of anything but the current TLX with some cut up mods. The body is identical even though it has the camo on it. A new TLX would most likely be on the newest gen honda accord platform. I would be happy to see the current model get a type S with the turbo engine and better trans, real quad exhuast (no piping in) and big brake package. That would be enough for me to go up to it. Overall, many on here want at type S badly but we are realistically in the smaller segment of buyers. As great as the 3rd gen type S was with all it had the lower trim/performance models were and still are the bread and butter in sales.
The next TLX won't be Accord based. The current Accord shares it's platform with Civic, and it wasn't designed to fit any 6 cylinder engines. The new TLX will most likely share many components with the RDX as the Type-S engine will be a 3.0 V6 turbo.
MSZ is offline  
Old 12-17-2018, 06:40 PM
  #79  
BGR
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Age: 36
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
https://www.carscoops.com/2018/12/20...cedes-porsche/

Looks like it'll be at NY. It's definitely redesigned for 2020 with a debut of next year .
BGR is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to BGR For This Useful Post:
ACCURATEin (12-18-2018)
Old 12-17-2018, 07:27 PM
  #80  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Tony Pac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 1,051
Thanked 240 Times in 160 Posts
Originally Posted by BGR View Post
https://www.carscoops.com/2018/12/20...cedes-porsche/

Looks like it'll be at NY. It's definitely redesigned for 2020 with a debut of next year .
i just read this article so excited to see the new TLX with features like RDX.
Tony Pac is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 Car Shows: 2020 Acura TLX


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.