2018 TLX. V6 FRONT wheel drive, managed special, deal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 06:13 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 TLX. V6 FRONT wheel drive, managed special, deal?

Quote from dealership, $31000. Before taxes and fees. With my trade in. Which is my 2008 TL. With 155000 miles on it. This car is managers special which means it's been driven by manager and has 800 miles on it. Is this good deal? Can I get them down to $28000? Thsnk you in advance. It is technology package car.
Old 07-29-2018, 11:24 AM
Banned

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts
Not bad. I would be very suspicious of 'fees'. I don't know how much a 155K miles is worth in a trade-in... maybe 4K ? I would offer 30K all fees included before tax. What money factor or interest rate if financing? Getting a demo car can be as expensive as a new one if financing terms are different.
The following users liked this post:
Nostradamus (07-29-2018)
Old 07-29-2018, 02:29 PM
Instructor

Question

Originally Posted by Saintor
Not bad. I would be very suspicious of 'fees'. I don't know how much a 155K miles is worth in a trade-in... maybe 4K ? I would offer 30K all fees included before tax. What money factor or interest rate if financing? Getting a demo car can be as expensive as a new one if financing terms are different.
Sales guy said he can get me 1.9 %. my credit really qualifies me for only 3.3 %. but he said he could. not sure what the fees were, i didn't check. I really want to offer 28,000 dollars before Tax, that is probably about same as what you are telling me to offer. Only thing is this car already has 700 miles on it although they are saying this is pretty much New car, not used at all. Plus this is Not a All wheel drive TLX. That is why i think 28,000 dollars with my trade in car is fair price, but they are saying they are losing too much money if they did that.

What is the sum of manufacturer incentive discount on 2018 TLX front wheel drive with tech package ?? I was told there is Significant big time discount is being offered from Acura ?
Old 08-01-2018, 06:58 AM
Instructor

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Saintor
Ok, i got the car at $28,300, TLX 2018, V6, front wheel drive with 512 miles on it. with 2.1 % financing. With sales Tax, it ended up being around 32-33,000 dollars. and fees were government fees, they were telling me. for 5 year financing, $549 per month. Dealer was all acting upset about this deal because they said they lost money and sales guy didn't make any money. I find this hard to believe since this car wasn't brand new and manager drove this car for 515 miles already. Ok, it was never titled but mileage is mileage.

and this sales guy is asking me for a TIP of $300 in cash. is this normal course of business ? I am not really sure if i got a good deal to begin with.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:24 AM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Ok, i got the car at $28,300, TLX 2018, V6, front wheel drive with 512 miles on it. with 2.1 % financing. With sales Tax, it ended up being around 32-33,000 dollars. and fees were government fees, they were telling me. for 5 year financing, $549 per month. Dealer was all acting upset about this deal because they said they lost money and sales guy didn't make any money. I find this hard to believe since this car wasn't brand new and manager drove this car for 515 miles already. Ok, it was never titled but mileage is mileage.

and this sales guy is asking me for a TIP of $300 in cash. is this normal course of business ? I am not really sure if i got a good deal to begin with.
never heard of this kinda bs, he's not entitled to tip.
if you think he deserve it and u got a deal of century, sure.
but like you said, mileage is mileage and just b/c they lost small $$ on 1 car, it doesn't hurt their bottom line.
besides, sales guy always make money regardless. it's their bs to make you feel bad to purchase additional crap that you don't need.
worst case, screw the deal and walk away as if you haven't taken the delivery of the car, you can still walk away.
Nostradamus (08-02-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 09:58 AM
CPR
Burning Brakes

Received 277 Likes on 144 Posts
A deal is a deal
tipping a car salesman? I don't think so
If they "lost" money on their end, it's their stupidity
don't feel sorry for them; they'll just take it out on the next customer
IMHO dealerships NEVER lose money; even if the deal is a wash, they get kickbacks, & incentives from the Mfr.
Plus, it removes a vehicle from the lot; which means one less car to contend with
Nostradamus (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 10:13 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts
First time I've heard of a salesguy asking for a tip. I'd think at least he'd get a "mini" conmission ($50-$100). Did he spend so much time on you and the deal overall?

They sell you the car to meet a goal. Whatever that goal is. So yeah they may lose money on this deal but the sale helps them meet the goal.

Personally I'd tip the salesguy if you think he deserves it. If he's being nice and you think you will see him again. But $300 is a big tip. I do tip salesman and service advisor from time to time but in form of wine bottles, restaurant giftcards, or sport game tickets but not money.
Nostradamus (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 12:38 PM
Pro

Received 534 Likes on 262 Posts
Just when you think you have seen everything. Demanding a tip for a car sale? Don't believe the BS. It is totally up to the dealer whether to sell or not. If they can't move these cars that is not your problem. If the guy gave you an amazing service it is totally up to you. Demanding a specific tip is an apsolute NO NO.
The following 2 users liked this post by dmski:
Nostradamus (08-01-2018), silverTL6 (08-19-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 11:37 PM
Instructor

Unhappy

Originally Posted by CPR
A deal is a deal
tipping a car salesman? I don't think so
If they "lost" money on their end, it's their stupidity
don't feel sorry for them; they'll just take it out on the next customer
IMHO dealerships NEVER lose money; even if the deal is a wash, they get kickbacks, & incentives from the Mfr.
Plus, it removes a vehicle from the lot; which means one less car to contend with
Yes and the side molding i was getting, they tried to charge me $1000 and told me they want to be nice and only charge me $500. So i had to pay $500 for side molding on the doors. Not sure if they were ripping me off again ?? Also they were trying very long time to sell me the Extended Warrantee, up to 120,000 miles bumper to bumper, $40 per month more for 5 years. They said once the base Warrantee goes out, TLX electronic may start to break like all the new electronics that new TLX tech package has. and every time these things break, i can spend $1000 each time. I am not sure if this is really true ? It did start to worry me.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:13 AM
Instructor

Angry Extreme rudeness from sales manager

Originally Posted by xc1097
never heard of this kinda bs, he's not entitled to tip.
if you think he deserve it and u got a deal of century, sure.
but like you said, mileage is mileage and just b/c they lost small $$ on 1 car, it doesn't hurt their bottom line.
besides, sales guy always make money regardless. it's their bs to make you feel bad to purchase additional crap that you don't need.
worst case, screw the deal and walk away as if you haven't taken the delivery of the car, you can still walk away.
Is there a place in Acura USA that i can file a complaint about this Dealership and manager. I was at the dealership yesterday to put on some of the accessories i bought for the car and it takes the whole day to put on. and this sales manager guy that sold me the car came out and he was complaining the whole time that he didn't make any money one the deal on the car, and got really rude about the loaner car they were supposed to give me. He was going on saying i didn't make a appointment for the loaner vehicle and so on, very rudely. But i told him, that i did make an appointment and even showed him the confirmation email from them. but it didn't matter and still went on being very rude. This is completely unacceptable, especially for a manager. I really would like to report it and penalize the dealership so they will learn a lesson from this. If he was working in Acura/Honda Japan, he would have been fired for such a Poor customer service.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:35 PM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Is there a place in Acura USA that i can file a complaint about this Dealership and manager. I was at the dealership yesterday to put on some of the accessories i bought for the car and it takes the whole day to put on. and this sales manager guy that sold me the car came out and he was complaining the whole time that he didn't make any money one the deal on the car, and got really rude about the loaner car they were supposed to give me. He was going on saying i didn't make a appointment for the loaner vehicle and so on, very rudely. But i told him, that i did make an appointment and even showed him the confirmation email from them. but it didn't matter and still went on being very rude. This is completely unacceptable, especially for a manager. I really would like to report it and penalize the dealership so they will learn a lesson from this. If he was working in Acura/Honda Japan, he would have been fired for such a Poor customer service.
your best bet is to contact acura customer relations.
however, not sure where you'd go from it. best advice is to never look back and set a foot in that place again.
yelp/google review also puts dent in their reputation as well so that's another step you can take.

you know what they say about car dealers tho, they are one of worst scumbag to deal with, generally all sales people tho. car/insurance/etc.
i had very pleasing experience leasing my new Giulia, but i guess it was due to the fact that the dealer was Lambo/Bentley/Maserati/Alfa dealer.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:35 AM
Banned

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts

Wow, I wouldn't tip even an hooker, imagine a car salesman. Great purchasing terms anyway and this helps Acura's case.
OtownPSU (08-06-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 07:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Just read this thread. I have been buying cars for 29 years. I have never, ever, once been asked to pay a tip to a salesman. Why is that guy so worked up over the deal you got when he and the manager were the ones who created the deal? WTF? I don't understand.

In any case, enjoy your car and never set foot in that dealership again.