2018 tlx Apec Black or Blue?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 04:07 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 tlx Apec Black or Blue?

I"m gonna buy a tlx but can't decide blue or black. The blue is so beautiful it's the color I want but the interior is ugly. Ebony alcantara doesn't fit the interior and alcantara doesn't last long. The seats and the grey interior make the inside looks like an old honda and not bright and luxurious like a benz. It's a shame the blue exterior is what I want but damn the interior sucks.
the black apec offers the red leather which is really beautiful inside and the door sills match it. It looks beautiful with the sliver in the interior. It looks bright and real luxurious. I don't like the black exterior as much as the blue because the black aspec looks like it will look old fast and black is hard to take care of.
I really wish the blue had better looking interior. I really don't know what color to get. Either black with alright exterior and good interior or blue with amazing exterior and ugly interior.
Help me choose.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:15 PM
Intermediate

Editt

Ps: I live in Canada by the way and the only interior option for blue tlx is ebony alcantara.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:57 PM
6 Forward 1 Back

Received 312 Likes on 155 Posts
I passed on Black because the details of the color contrasts on the Aspec get lost. Blue is amazing, black interior was fine for me, would have loved the espresso interior. I'd go with the external color you want and if the interior bothers you so much, I've seen dealers here add red leather to Honda Civics for $1000 and it looks OEM. Maybe see if that's an option for the Blue exterior with your dealer.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 380 Likes on 223 Posts
Originally Posted by Shane One
I"m gonna buy a tlx but can't decide blue or black. The blue is so beautiful it's the color I want but the interior is ugly. Ebony alcantara doesn't fit the interior and alcantara doesn't last long. The seats and the grey interior make the inside looks like an old honda and not bright and luxurious like a benz. It's a shame the blue exterior is what I want but damn the interior sucks.
the black apec offers the red leather which is really beautiful inside and the door sills match it. It looks beautiful with the sliver in the interior. It looks bright and real luxurious. I don't like the black exterior as much as the blue because the black aspec looks like it will look old fast and black is hard to take care of.
I really wish the blue had better looking interior. I really don't know what color to get. Either black with alright exterior and good interior or blue with amazing exterior and ugly interior.
Help me choose.
I have heard about steering wheels wrapped in alcantara showing wear but seat inserts normally hold up well in the dark colors. I have the blue/black and like it just fine and it still looks new, actually the leather has shown slight wear already but the inserts look like day one. The red was just a bit too much flash for me with the blue exterior. Personally if I was going with the red leather I would get the grey. It looks really nice in person. It's really too bad they don't offer more options on the interiors along with the lunar silver in the A-Spec model.

Anyway, just get what you want. You're the one paying for it. Good luck
Old 04-15-2018, 05:11 PM
Intermediate

Thanks

In Canada they only have red leather for the black tlx. every other color uses ebony alcantara. The grey interior really makes the acura look old and plastic. I heard alcantara is hard to clean and it traps sweat more. I'm leaning towords black even though I really want the blue. I hope the dealer has a option to change seats and the grey door sills.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:11 PM
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts
white on red
Old 04-15-2018, 06:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
My opinion is you should go with the blue. I think you would enjoy the exterior color more so than the interior. In my opinion, the exterior color is more important than the interior.
The following users liked this post:
Speed_Racer (04-15-2018)
Old 04-15-2018, 06:56 PM
Intermediate

Your right

I think your right the exterior is more important for when people see the car and damn I love the looks. But for 52k new in Canada I wish the interior would look better. Yes the exterior is amazing but anther people aren't seating in it every day. The red interior will look like I spent 50k but not the grey interior. Like if I'm on a date the girl will love my car but when she sits inside its gonna look dull and boring compared to the red interior. Acura needs to color cordinate the interior better like if they had blue leather then the lines in the dash and the door handle should also be blue not sliver. For 50k I'd wanna get a benz but the reliability and maintance cost is not worth it. Acura is close just work on color coordinating the interior. I still havn't made up my mind but If I get blue I have to get seat covers because the alcantara color sucks for the interior.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:53 PM
MTD
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts
Love the black interior. My TLX has 23,000kms on it now and the alcantera still looks new. Better then the leather on my 15 TLX.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:45 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Red leather interior is amazing!

I am so glad that I got the red leather interior for my TLX Elite A-Spec - it truly looks stunning and luxurious! I loved the red and blue exterior too, but could not imagine myself living with black alcantara, so I went with white on red and have not looked back since.

IMHO, if you live in Canada, unless you are in coastal BC, black will be a nightmare to keep clean. Black on red will look stunning too, but really, it will always look dirty.... I didn't consider white before but this combination of white on red is really amazing.... will you consider white exterior at all?
Old 04-16-2018, 01:54 AM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the black with red interior and love it. From the outside, the red interior looks darker and a bit more subdued. At night, the red lighting and the red interior really pop. I get a great deal of compliments on that combination.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:51 AM
CPR
Burning Brakes

Received 277 Likes on 144 Posts
Still Night Pearl A-SPEC/RED

Shane One: Feast your eyes; Gorgeous!

Last edited by CPR; 04-16-2018 at 08:53 AM. Reason: added photo
a35tl (04-16-2018)
Old 04-16-2018, 09:44 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 646 Likes on 348 Posts
I see a bag of poop......oh look an Aspec!
Old 04-16-2018, 05:19 PM
Burning Brakes

I think your right the exterior is more important for when people see the car and damn I love the looks. But for 52k new in Canada I wish the interior would look better. Yes the exterior is amazing but anther people aren't seating in it every day. The red interior will look like I spent 50k but not the grey interior. Like if I'm on a date the girl will love my car but when she sits inside its gonna look dull and boring compared to the red interior. Acura needs to color cordinate the interior better like if they had blue leather then the lines in the dash and the door handle should also be blue not sliver. For 50k I'd wanna get a benz but the reliability and maintance cost is not worth it. Acura is close just work on color coordinating the interior. I still havn't made up my mind but If I get blue I have to get seat covers because the alcantara color sucks for the interior.
The black interior is just fine with the blue exterior, I don't get the hate on it. The "superman" combo (blue/red) is fine as well. Not sure what the women in Canada care about but here in the U.S. I don't think the color of the seats is gonna swing more action with them one way or the other. The A-Spec is a nice car but get a sports car if you want to move the dial. If that's a big factor than go with an Audi coupe. The downside of the blue is people love it or hate it and when you add in the red interior it compounds it when you go to move on to the next car.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:24 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Some seriously shallow bitches, if they won't fuck you due to having a black interior. Get better bitches.
jhb31 (04-16-2018)
Old 04-16-2018, 06:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 325 Likes on 214 Posts
In Canada they only have red leather for the black tlx. every other color uses ebony alcantara. The grey interior really makes the acura look old and plastic. I heard alcantara is hard to clean and it traps sweat more. I'm leaning towords black even though I really want the blue. I hope the dealer has a option to change seats and the grey door sills.
You're misinformed, you can get the white with red interior in Canada.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TacoBello
Some seriously shallow bitches, if they won't fuck you due to having a black interior. Get better bitches.
lol, I was thinking the same but you were direct.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 100 Posts
Black is the worst color to keep looking nice, think swirl marks and water spots. I have had 3 black vehicle over the years (2 were Company vehicles, so I didn’t care too much) but after each one of them, I swore never again, so far it’s been close to 20 years. I love detailing my cars and lighter colors are so much more forgiving. White or various shades of Silver is all I would even consider. Black is always a great choice for the interior.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:10 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts
blue
Old 04-17-2018, 02:43 PM
Drifting

Received 563 Likes on 363 Posts
I saw a new, clean, blue A Spec in the spring sunshine this a.m. on my way to work. All I can say is WOW! If I were buying a TLX, after seeing this it'd be a no-brainer. Simply a stunning color.
CPR (04-17-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 07:37 PM
Burning Brakes

love the blue also but I know I would get tired of it in the long run. Classic White, Silver or Black if you are committed to maintaining the Black, it takes A LOT of extra effort!
Old 04-17-2018, 09:51 PM
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts
Black cars

I purchased a Black MDX and had it ceramic coated...best investment I could’ve done.
The key is how you wash it moving forward.
Hand car wash is a No No.
No waxing needed.
I use a foam canon to apply Meguiars and then also to rinse it off. Then use a blower to dry it out.
Im Done washing the car in 30 mins...without laying one finger on it.
The car looks flawless.

If you like black and can invest in coating...go for it.

If you do it right...is not that hard to maintain.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
Not correct. You have the choice of Red Leather with White, at least according to the Canadian website. I have seen a 2018 so equipped in my dealer's lot. It's a nice combo.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 562 Likes on 293 Posts
Most women think nice car = Financially secure, has his life together, I want to be apart of that because life is hard and I deserve to be pampered. Even if not true. Asian women especially are highly materialistic and recognize car brands.
silverTL6 (06-28-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 06:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Split the difference & get purple. Miss Piggy likes purple so it sounds like a good fit.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:32 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kense
Most women think nice car = Financially secure, has his life together, I want to be apart of that because life is hard and I deserve to be pampered. Even if not true. Asian women especially are highly materialistic and recognize car brands.
Every girl is like that, they just don't like to admit it or they think there not like that but they are subconsciously.
I love Asian women by the way,too bad they normally don't go for black guys.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Blue! Have you ever owned a black car?
Your Welcome!
Old 06-19-2018, 07:42 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tsturbo
Blue! Have you ever owned a black car?
Your Welcome!
i ended up getting blue and installed blue and black seat covers with blue and black mats. O and a blue and black steering cover.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:44 PM
Intermediate

I hated the interior the alcantara won't last long and it looked dull. The acura interiors look old and always looks dirty cause of the black and grey. They need to brightening it up because all acura products after a while just look dull with dust and shoe dirt.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:29 PM
Super Car Enthusiast

Received 190 Likes on 91 Posts
i ended up getting blue and installed blue and black seat covers with blue and black mats. O and a blue and black steering cover.
Gen4MDX (06-24-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 03:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 562 Likes on 293 Posts
I have tried to go with other colors than black but always end up back in black. Black cars just look the best no matter what. Mean, Classy, Sexy.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:27 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 527 Likes on 339 Posts
I disagree about the Alcantara not lasting long, in many cases it looks better than the leather as it ages and the seats get worn. Also, it is more comfortable in the summer/winter when you first sit on it.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:45 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ESHBG
I disagree about the Alcantara not lasting long, in many cases it looks better than the leather as it ages and the seats get worn. Also, it is more comfortable in the summer/winter when you first sit on it.
alcantara is not worth the price. First off its way cheaper then leather but car companies charge the same price or even more to act like it's premium. It's a cost cutting method. Second it may look good now but after 10 years it's gonna look like crap where leather would still look good. Alcantara absorbs oil and sweat which wears it out quicker. Third alcantara when you sit on it and get up you can see some kind of streaks which makes it look ugly. In the tlx the alcantara looks ugly with the seats. They used this black but grey looking leather and put the alcantara on top of which looks ugly to me. They should had kept the seat full black not grayish black. Personally the interior in the tlx is too greyish and the alcantara makes it look old and not sexy.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:19 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I have Alcantara seats in my CTS-V wagon. After 5 1/2 years, they look like new. Then again, I take care of it. I clean it regularly, and the wagon is kept in the garage. If you don't care for it, yeah, it will look bad.

What you pay for with the Alcantara is the brand name, it has to be licensed to each manufacturer. So the price you pay is passed on the company that makes Alcantara.

I happen to like the look in my A-Spec, but hey, that's why there are options. The regular leather seats are just fine, too IMO.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
alcantara is not worth the price. First off its way cheaper then leather but car companies charge the same price or even more to act like it's premium. It's a cost cutting method. Second it may look good now but after 10 years it's gonna look like crap where leather would still look good. Alcantara absorbs oil and sweat which wears it out quicker. Third alcantara when you sit on it and get up you can see some kind of streaks which makes it look ugly. In the tlx the alcantara looks ugly with the seats. They used this black but grey looking leather and put the alcantara on top of which looks ugly to me. They should had kept the seat full black not grayish black. Personally the interior in the tlx is too greyish and the alcantara makes it look old and not sexy.
Why would I care what the seats look like in 10 years unless its a classic? In 10 years its most likely on its 2nd or 3rd owner. Don't have any cars with alcantara but ones I have been in looked fine. Something to be said for the product keeping to in the seat on quick maneuver.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:38 PM
Pro

Received 543 Likes on 256 Posts
I’m not a fan of the alcantara inserts in the doors yet I love the seats. I was sold from the moment I sat in them. Just love the feel of those things. Welcome change after 20 plus years of leather seating.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:45 PM
Pro

Received 533 Likes on 262 Posts
Uhm, most leather seats after 10 years look like crap. My 15 TLX leather was aging horribly just after 2 and a half years. Alcantara in my Aspec still looks like brand new after one year of use.
Old 06-23-2018, 11:20 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Why would I care what the seats look like in 10 years unless its a classic? In 10 years its most likely on its 2nd or 3rd owner. Don't have any cars with alcantara but ones I have been in looked fine. Something to be said for the product keeping to in the seat on quick maneuver.
i'm a person if I buy a 50k car I'm keeping it for 10 years plus. And I've done the research on alcantara and I confirmed that leather will look better longer. I don't park in the sun
Old 06-24-2018, 08:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Kense
I have tried to go with other colors than black but always end up back in black. Black cars just look the best no matter what. Mean, Classy, Sexy.
I agree, but are a pain to maintain.....

Last edited by Gen4MDX; 06-24-2018 at 08:31 AM.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:47 PM
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Black looks best with the dark grey wheels and black window trim. Be sure to tint the windows and use a windshield sunscreen in summer and you'll be fine. I live in Florida and don't mind having a black car. I contemplated going with blue because I think it's a stunning color, but I worried the novelty would wear off after a while. Black is always a classic choice.

I also have to say that the quality of the paint on this 2018 is much better than on my previous 2015. No paint chips yet and I had many by this time on my 2015.

Quick Reply: 2018 tlx Apec Black or Blue?