2018 A-spec Rear Bumper on Pre facelift?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 06:33 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 A-spec Rear Bumper on Pre facelift?

Does anyone know if the A-spec rear bumper cover can be bolted right on the pre-facelift TLX? I debating between a white and a black 2015 TLX and one factor is with the white I think the A-spec bumper looks pretty nice on it, where the diffuser is black. I know the exhaust has to be changed but that isn't an issue, just concered if the bumper cover is able to bolt right up and everything will align properly.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered, if so I can't seem to find it.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:28 AM
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
I seriously doubt it.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:06 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SeattleTLS
Does anyone know if the A-spec rear bumper cover can be bolted right on the pre-facelift TLX? I debating between a white and a black 2015 TLX and one factor is with the white I think the A-spec bumper looks pretty nice on it, where the diffuser is black. I know the exhaust has to be changed but that isn't an issue, just concered if the bumper cover is able to bolt right up and everything will align properly.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered, if so I can't seem to find it.
The 2018 A-Spec rear bumper can be put on the 2015. It just clips/bolts on as normal but you'll need to straighten the exhaust pipe. Confirmed via instagram, someone else has done it, heard from a guy in Florida who was part of the project. Even the non-Aspec rear bumper fits as well if that is more your style.

2018 Non-Aspec Bumper on Pre-Facelift TLX -
View this post on Instagram
2018 A-spec Bumper on Pre-Facelift TLX -
View this post on Instagram
The following 2 users liked this post by sillyjav:
jyrtl (09-13-2017), technocrat (06-19-2019)