2015 TLX is official!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 01:22 PM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
^^^^^

Because the camouflage was used to hide the blandness, so that they could drum up the hype to the very last minute before revealing.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 762 Likes on 570 Posts
Originally Posted by weather
I would agree except these are from the RLX not the TLX!!

If you wanna see better pics of the RLX, going to the RLX section and people have posted pics of their un-camoe'd RLX already

You did get me excited for a fraction of a sec though ....
now that I look at it, you're right that is an rlx. oops!

hopefully the tlx takes after the new accord, which I really like.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ Little time to wait now, just a few more weeks and the Forum will be excited about the NEW TLX or overly disappointed by its styling.

I have just received a special invite to the "official" reveal of the Audi A3 on January 6th. I am excited to see the car in the flesh and as much as people will say that this car is too small and over priced, I am a very slim guy so small cars appeal to me. I liked my original TSX the best when it came to styling (2006) and handling with that sweet sounding 4 cylinder so it will be interesting to see the A3 in the flesh.

A few weeks later, the TLX will be revealed so with having seen the A3 (which I would get the S3 anyway) and the TLX, I'll be in a position to decide what my car will be.

The TLX, the S3 or the S4.....
Old 12-21-2013, 02:18 PM
2010 TL AWD 6MT: New King

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts
^^ Little time to wait now, just a few more weeks and the Forum will be excited about the NEW TLX or overly disappointed by its styling.

I have just received a special invite to the "official" reveal of the Audi A3 on January 6th. I am excited to see the car in the flesh and as much as people will say that this car is too small and over priced, I am a very slim guy so small cars appeal to me. I liked my original TSX the best when it came to styling (2006) and handling with that sweet sounding 4 cylinder so it will be interesting to see the A3 in the flesh.

A few weeks later, the TLX will be revealed so with having seen the A3 (which I would get the S3 anyway) and the TLX, I'll be in a position to decide what my car will be.

I too had an "original" TSX. 2005 w/Nav, though it was an automatic. Nice blend of styling, sweet vtec engine, rear folding seats, touch screen nav, and I got 30+mpg!

I regret selling my TSX. Muah muah muah!

I would be "cautiously excited" about the TLX.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Suzuka Master

^^ seem we have something in common as I am "cautiously" optimist too
Old 12-21-2013, 03:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 762 Likes on 570 Posts

based on the improvements to the 4g after the facelift, the looks of the new accord and the promise of a smaller body than the 4g, I'm cautiously optimistic about the tlx. I've always been a fan of the 1st gen tsx, shame to see it go. personally, I think acuras are better valued than audis.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts

Let me know what you think of the A3 as the gf did not want to wait and is nervous of German reliability so she got a RDX. But I am eager to see the new MMI improvements and apps they are adding as well as 4G LTE that will be available. Not sure if you have test driven any of the Audi's but seeing as you have been going through the same processes I went through, honestly once you go Audi I doubt you will go back ;-)
Old 12-21-2013, 06:50 PM
Suzuka Master

I'll keep you posted for sure!! I won't able to drive in as this is an indoor event, with drinks, food and a chance to view the car and talk with the members of Audi and the dealer. I have no doubt that an Audi will have better handling than an Acura. The g/f had a 2007 rabbit and that think offered incredible handling and corning so that is what the VW/Audi group does good. I am still a bit nervous about their reliability (electrical gremlins) but it will not be my daily driver so I may take the gamble is the TLX is atrocious. To be perfectly honest though, if Acura does a decent job at the styling, I will likely go back to them as I just love my dealer experience....In less than a month, I'll have pretty much all the information to make a decision on my next purchase. Oh the excitement
Old 12-21-2013, 08:04 PM
2G TLX-S

Originally Posted by KeithL
Let me know what you think of the A3 as the gf did not want to wait and is nervous of German reliability so she got a RDX. But I am eager to see the new MMI improvements and apps they are adding as well as 4G LTE that will be available. Not sure if you have test driven any of the Audi's but seeing as you have been going through the same processes I went through, honestly once you go Audi I doubt you will go back ;-)
Not quite true unless the Audi owner keeps buying new Audi's every 4 years (the factory warranty coverage duration).

For every car I have/had, I have kept them for 8-12 years or until the repair bills become non-manageable.

But after having owned an A4 and then an A6 as my 2nd car, I have finally decided to go back to Acura or another premium Japanese make, due to the latter's top-notch Japanese reliability.

Even though repairs were all covered by factory/extended warranty, but the frequent trips to the Audi dealership were very tiring indeed.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:02 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
In less than a month, I'll have pretty much all the information to make a decision on my next purchase. Oh the excitement

You sure about that? I think in a "prototype" we'll get to see the exterior and maybe some info about the guts, but I'm not sure what else we'll get to see. I think the 2014 MDX followed this same path... in mid-January, the MDX prototype was shown off, but I don't think we even got to see the interior at that point. It wasn't until the New York auto show in March or April that we finally got the details on the MDX and then it went on sale in the summer (maybe I'm wrong).

Anyways, if it's butt-ugly, you should definitely know that by the January "prototype" release. lol.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:11 PM
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 74 Posts
I just hope this become the base engine for the TLX

Honda's new 280HP 2.0 turbo
http://world.honda.com/news/2013/413.../pages/01.html

The following users liked this post:
Tonyware (12-25-2013)
Old 12-21-2013, 11:30 PM
2G TLX-S

^^^^^

Any idea what the maximum torque is, and @ how low a rpm ?
Old 12-21-2013, 11:46 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
^^^^^

Any idea what the maximum torque is, and @ how low a rpm ?

Not sure where it occurs, but the rumors I read were that it would be around 295 ft lbs. But again, I'm not sure Honda ever stated that.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:34 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Rocketsfan
Anyways, if it's butt-ugly, you should definitely know that by the January "prototype" release. lol.
That is where I was going with my statement....I am fully aware that we won't have all the specs but one thing for sure, if it looks hideous, then my mind will be made up. I know the wheels will be atrocious, they always are on these concept/prototype cars.

I have an idea what the interior will look like based on the direction of the RLX/MDX/RDX but I am dying to see the sheet metal and how it will look without the rear exhaust tips.

I guess what I am trying to say is the following:

1. If it looks hideous....then I am out.
2. If it doesn't look hideous....then I'll stick around for more details
Old 12-22-2013, 06:34 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Not quite true unless the Audi owner keeps buying new Audi's every 4 years (the factory warranty coverage duration).

For every car I have/had, I have kept them for 8-12 years or until the repair bills become non-manageable.

But after having owned an A4 and then an A6 as my 2nd car, I have finally decided to go back to Acura or another premium Japanese make, due to the latter's top-notch Japanese reliability.

Even though repairs were all covered by factory/extended warranty, but the frequent trips to the Audi dealership were very tiring indeed.
Very true. If you keep a car a long time Audi could be costly, but the new A6 has had very good reliability. A4 not so much since it is an old design. I am interested to see how the new A3 and A4 do over the long term as I think Audi has stepped up their game. Seeing as I never keep a car more than about 3-3.5 years the warranty is not a big deal to me. I think is Acura gets their heads out of their butts and upgrades the interfaces they can compete with MMI. I am shocked that in my gf's 14 RDX we still have to push the OK prompt and it never remembers where we left off, always back to navi. I recall the RLX was just as bad when I drove it almost a year ago.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:57 AM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
....... I know the wheels will be atrocious, they always are on these concept/prototype cars.
If they use the designer of the 19"HPT wheels or whoever designed the ILX concept wheels then there is a chance the wheels could be the best part of the car.

Never the less, I've changed the wheels on my last 5 cars anyway so I guess the wheel design doesn't really matter to me. Like you, it's all about the sheet metal.

Last edited by Treblig; 12-22-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:31 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by JDMaccord3.5

I just don't see a turbo in the TLX. Especially as the base engine. Why put two engines of almost the same output in the car? They have already said they are trying to ".... offer luxury buyers a wider range of choices with two all-new, high-performance and highly fuel-efficient direct-injected engines, each mated to an all-new advanced transmission, ..."

A wider range of choices I interpret as not just in performance but in cost. A base turbo with a V6 as an 'upgrade' is just not 'wide range' at all.

Lots of people question why Acura would put the NA 2.4L (hopefully boosted in performance) into the TLX. These are mostly TL owners who forget that Acura sold thousands of 4cy TSX's and the TLX has to fill that gap too. If you don't like the 2.4L then the solution is simple, get the V6. Why is everyone so upset with a choice? Be happy you'll have one.

Besides, if they were going to put a turbo in here don't you think that is something they would have mentioned in the press release? That would definitely get attention in an otherwise bland statement.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:26 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man
I just don't see a turbo in the TLX. Especially as the base engine. Why put two engines of almost the same output in the car? They have already said they are trying to ".... offer luxury buyers a wider range of choices with two all-new, high-performance and highly fuel-efficient direct-injected engines, each mated to an all-new advanced transmission, ..."

A wider range of choices I interpret as not just in performance but in cost. A base turbo with a V6 as an 'upgrade' is just not 'wide range' at all.

Lots of people question why Acura would put the NA 2.4L (hopefully boosted in performance) into the TLX. These are mostly TL owners who forget that Acura sold thousands of 4cy TSX's and the TLX has to fill that gap too. If you don't like the 2.4L then the solution is simple, get the V6. Why is everyone so upset with a choice? Be happy you'll have one.

Besides, if they were going to put a turbo in here don't you think that is something they would have mentioned in the press release? That would definitely get attention in an otherwise bland statement.
Actually, Rocket, if you look at BMW and Audi, they both have a "base" turbo-4 engine and an "upgrade" with V6/I-6 for their 3 series, 5 series, Q5, A6 etc. While it does not make sense to me either, but that's how it is out there right now....
Old 12-22-2013, 05:00 PM
Drifting

Received 563 Likes on 363 Posts
I expect we'll see a 4 cylinder, either the ED 2.4 (with extra power and closer transmission ratios than the Accord) or the turbo, with the former the most likely. This will keep the entry price lower and appeal to former TSX-class buyers. The ED 2.4 has plenty of pop; the Accord in MT version has been measured under 7.0 in 0-60, which I believe is faster than the current generation TSX (hell, I think it was faster than my '92 Legend Coupe). The V-6 version is undoubtedly the 3.5 motor, which gets excellent reviews. Some of the times recorded with the Accord 3.5 are surprisingly quick. I'd hope the TL gets a few more ponies. In top guise, it'll need to be at least mid 5s to be competitive, although I note the poor Q50 seems to have lost a few tenths from the G37.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:24 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by JM2010 SH-AWD
In top guise, it'll need to be at least mid 5s to be competitive, although I note the poor Q50 seems to have lost a few tenths from the G37.

Yeah, but what the Q50 lost in performance, they tried to gain by dumping every electronic gadgetry they could think of into the vehicle. Unfortunately, they didn't execute well on that front. If Acura loses performance and really doesn't bump up the technology, well, the price better drop, at least ...
Old 12-22-2013, 06:33 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by ostrich
Actually, Rocket, if you look at BMW and Audi, they both have a "base" turbo-4 engine and an "upgrade" with V6/I-6 for their 3 series, 5 series, Q5, A6 etc. While it does not make sense to me either, but that's how it is out there right now....
turbo base 4 makes sense when there is turbo 6. since Acura is not offering turbo V6. there is no point of turbo 4.
Acura need cost of entrance down. turbo will raise the price.
10% performance improvement over Accord engine is all it needs since the car is coming 2 years later than Accord. so some engine improvements and efficiency gains are more probable.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Well well...it's about time! I really hope some (if not all) of the RLX AWD tech trickles down to the TLX. If the styling's there, hopefully the TLX AWD is enough to draw me back to team Acura once it launches some time in 2015.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 115 Posts
So theyre saying that the tlx will be have an aggressive and emotional design. I hope this is true as I was expecting it to be a mini rlx which is somewhat elegant but in no ways aggressive.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Drifting

Received 563 Likes on 363 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocketsfan
Yeah, but what the Q50 lost in performance, they tried to gain by dumping every electronic gadgetry they could think of into the vehicle. Unfortunately, they didn't execute well on that front. If Acura loses performance and really doesn't bump up the technology, well, the price better drop, at least ...

Right. Of course, as you point out, a lot of the Q50's gadgetry does not work. What a FUBAR. I'd be surprised if Acura messed up that badly. I'm very surprised Infiniti messed up that badly, in fact.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 115 Posts
So which of the q50s tech or gadget did they fuck up?
Old 12-23-2013, 12:54 AM
2G TLX-S

^^^^^

Infiniti Q50 Steering-by-wire system.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2013...#axzz2oHKjVvxS
Old 12-23-2013, 02:11 AM
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 66 Posts
What new transmission do you guys think the new TLX would be offered with? I'm sure with more gears, and no a way a DCT is gonna be available. I think it's going to be either a ZF 8 speed or maybe their new 9 speed units. I tested driven the newer 335i's with the ZF 8 speed and it's much smoother and faster than Acura's current 6 speed unit.

Just hope they don't throw in a CVT
Old 12-23-2013, 04:58 AM
Safety Car

new Honda Fit 1.5L engine produces 132bhp/114 ft-lb torque. which translate into 211 bhp/182 ft-lb torque for 2.4L engine.

http://jalopnik.com/2015-honda-fit-g...wer-1487233534

I think they can easily boost it upto 225bhp and 200ft-lb of torque with Premium fuel for 2.4L engine. this car will beat base IS250/320i/A4 in performance and fuel economic.

underpower turbo lose all fuel economy advantages.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...0i-test-review
Old 12-23-2013, 10:40 AM
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 10 Posts
I agree with Potz, I wouldnt get my hopes up. The way they covered up the headlights and tail lights...doesnt look too appealing.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
This could be the simple best news of the TLX yet.

Originally Posted by TSX69

Honda Motor Co. (7267)’s No. 2 executive, asked to identify the automaker’s weak spot, spoke bluntly: The company’s Acura luxury sedans have to get better.

The world will soon learn whether they have. Next month Honda will introduce the Acura TLX to replace its aging TL, the brand’s top-selling sedan that was last revamped 5 years ago. Designed by Honda’s North American unit, the reworked luxury car will be the latest test of the Tokyo-based automaker’s decision to give more influence to U.S. engineers.

“We need an Acura brand to shine among luxury franchises,” Executive Vice President Tetsuo Iwamura said in an interview last week at Bloomberg’s headquarters office in New York. “It’s high time.”

Acura car sales are down 8.6% in the U.S. through November. That represents a drag on results for a company with 4 models -- the Civic, Accord, CR-V and Odyssey -- ranking 1st or 2nd in their respective segments. Combined Honda and Acura sales are up 7.8% this year, the slowest pace of the market’s biggest automakers and trailing the industry’s 8.4 percent increase through November.

Honda plans to introduce its 2015 model TLX sedan next month at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Iwamura said. A modified ILX compact sedan with a more robust powertrain will follow, and Acura’s NSX “supercar,” a high-performance coupe, returns in 2015. Iwamura declined to detail changes to the youth-oriented ILX model.

Berkman’s Role

The job of bringing the TLX to life was entrusted to Erik Berkman, a 30-year Honda veteran who in 2012 became the company’s 1st non-Japanese head of research and development for North America. Honda bolstered the U.S.-based operation’s power earlier this year when it created a 9-member North American management board, which includes Berkman, 2 other Americans and a Canadian. The board is in charge of products and strategy for the region, which generates the biggest share of the company’s global sales.

Berkman was among the engineers who helped the company tackle its last big test: 2012’s on-the-fly redesign of the critically panned Civic. He previously gained stature within Honda for leading development of Acura’s last hit sedan, the 2006 TL that helped the brand reach record sales in 2005. Getting Acura right, after what Iwamura called its “winding path,” is important to tap growing demand for premium vehicles in the U.S. and around the world.

Lagging Lexus

As Acura car sales have fallen, other premium brands have gained ground. Toyota Motor Corp.’s Lexus car sales rose 15% in the U.S. this year through November; Bayerische Motoren Werke AG’s BMW are up 9.2%; Daimler AG’s Mercedes-Benz, up 14%; and General Motors Co. (GM)’s Cadillac, up 55%. Mercedes-Benz car sales total 183,358 this year through November while BMW has delivered 178,512 cars, according to Autodata Corp.

While Honda derives the bulk of its revenue from mass-market Civic compacts, Accord sedans and small CR-V SUVs, luxury autos ensure better profit margins. The average Honda sold for $25,976 in November, versus $40,597 for each Acura vehicle, according to Kelley Blue Book, an automotive pricing and data company.

For now, Acura sales are sustained by the new MDX and RDX sport-utility vehicles, which account for 58% of Acura’s 149,685 U.S. sales through November. Honda sold 62,301 of its four Acura sedan models over the same period, including the large RLX and outgoing TSX, less than half the volume of Toyota’s premium Lexus cars.

‘Big Opportunity’

Acura, created prior to Lexus or Nissan Motor Co.’s Infiniti as a U.S. premium brand, can become a bigger source of global revenue for Honda, said Steve Usher, a San Diego-based equity analyst for JI Asia Research, who rates Honda a buy.

“They are now looking at it on a more global scale,” Usher said. “They’re starting to think about getting Acura to China, and that will be a big opportunity.”

Iwamura said in January that his 2013 goal was a U.S. sales record -- topping its 1.55 million U.S. sales in 2007. Lagging Acura deliveries make that unlikely, he said last week. Still, Honda averted a larger blow: that Civic and Accord, cornerstones of success for 30 years, were falling behind competitors’ new compact and mid-size offerings.

‘Strong Again’

A poor review for the 2012 Civic by Consumer Reports sent shock waves through Honda. The company took the unusual tack of rushing out an upgrade -- what it calls a “major minor refresh” -- that improved Civic’s interior and added a stronger frame that gave it the best crash rating of any U.S. compact.

The revamped Civic and new Accord that came out in 2012 lifted Honda-brand car sales 8.8 percent, outpacing an industrywide average for cars of 5.6%, according to Autodata.

“Honda is definitely strong again and, if not boiling over, on a steady simmer in terms of progress and momentum,” said Karl Brauer, industry analyst at Kelley Blue Book.

Honda argues that if fleet sales are removed, it boasts 1 of the industry’s best growth rates in retail deliveries this year. Retail sales reflect only vehicles sold directly to individuals, rather than to businesses and rental-car companies.

Honda estimates less than 2% of its U.S. sales are to fleets. It eschews them to maintain higher resale values for retail buyers, U.S. senior vice president Mike Accavitti said.

Changing Landscape

Like Toyota, Honda is still adapting to an automotive landscape in which quality is a given and companies including GM, Ford Motor Co. and Hyundai Motor Co. now build some of the most compelling vehicles.

“Everybody is better than they used to be,” Brauer said. “You can’t be the clear or easy winner in any segment like you used to.”

Acura’s inconsistent car line has made the brand a laggard in recent years to BMW, Mercedes, Lexus and GM’s Cadillac and Volkswagen AG’s Audi unit. Sales peaked at 209,610 in 2005 and dwindled in 2009, when U.S. auto sales collapsed. Acura deliveries may reach about 163,000 units this year, based on the sales pace through November.

Iwamura said the mid-size TLX sport sedan that replaces the aging TL will be the biggest change for Acura in 2014.

The racing-style NSX that returns in 2015 will be Acura’s performance “halo,” Iwamura said. The car should sell for more than $100,000, he has said. The last units of the all-aluminum coupe were sold in 2007.

‘Big Kids’

Much as 2010 was a low point for Toyota, which had to battle a recall crisis, 2011 was similarly tough for Honda.

The Consumer Reports pan of the Civic came after Asian natural disasters in 2011 -- Japan’s earthquake and tsunami, and flooding in Thailand -- stalled Honda’s global production for months. A 2011 spike in the yen’s value made sales of Japan-built models such as the Fit subcompact unprofitable in the U.S.

Those setbacks, along with lackluster reviews for several Honda and Acura models, provided an opportunity to try a new approach, U.S. Executive Vice President John Mendel said in an interview last month in Los Angeles.

Honda has struggled with balancing a “small company mentality” with the fact that it now “is sitting at the big kids’ table,” he said.

To contact the reporter on this story: Alan Ohnsman in Los Angeles at aohnsman@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Jamie Butters at jbutters@bloomberg.net

Rocket_man (12-24-2013)
Old 12-23-2013, 12:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by SSFTSX
turbo base 4 makes sense when there is turbo 6. since Acura is not offering turbo V6. there is no point of turbo 4.
Acura need cost of entrance down. turbo will raise the price.
10% performance improvement over Accord engine is all it needs since the car is coming 2 years later than Accord. so some engine improvements and efficiency gains are more probable.
A turbo 4 can give them the torque they need without the MPG penalty. It makes sense for them to offer that in entry TLX or higher end ILX. It is the future that pretty much everyone is headed to to meet CAFE standards and still offer cars that perform well.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:38 AM
Colorado Springs

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts
There is no way Acura can afford NOT to put the turbo 4 in the TLX. A few years ago when they scrapped their V8 and RWD designs, they gave the media a really stupid reason: "we're going to be the world's most green/eco friendly luxury manufacturer." Fast forward to today and they have only the ILX to show for 4 cyl. Models. Having only v6s to choose from isn't going to allow them that distinction especially as Lincoln is putting Ecoboost 4's in their lineups, Infiniti has v6 and I4 hybrids in their lineup and Volvo has announced they're building a new family of turbo 4 cylinders. Oh, and let's not forget every German luxo company has a turbo 4 in their lineup.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Suzuka Master

^^ You speak as if you think Acura understands what it needs to do, to be successful!! Have you been into the spiked Egg Nogg already?!
Old 12-24-2013, 02:07 PM
2010 TL AWD 6MT: New King

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts
^^ You speak as if you think Acura understands what it needs to do, to be successful!! Have you been into the spiked Egg Nogg already?!
LOL. Somehow it wouldn't surprise me if a non turbo 4 cylinder engine ends up in the base TLX.

Dam it Acura, give us a TSX/TLX Wagon w/turbo 4, SH-AWD, and 6MT/DCT!
Treblig (12-24-2013)
Old 12-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by KeithL
A turbo 4 can give them the torque they need without the MPG penalty. It makes sense for them to offer that in entry TLX or higher end ILX. It is the future that pretty much everyone is headed to to meet CAFE standards and still offer cars that perform well.
Accord V6 has excellent fuel economic with 6speed auto. and is faster than 328i. so I am not sure the point of 4 cylinder turbo. 4 cylinder turbo is not going to be cheaper than V6 Honda nor is those 4 cylinder as refined as V6. that's the reason V6 Honda usually comes up in Ward top 10 engines.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
I think they probably will offer some version of a 4 cylinder but I wouldn't be interested at all. I've been too spoiled by Acura's 6 cylinder engines that I can't imagine even considering a 4 cyl at this point, turbo or not. But that's just me. I'm sure many would disagree with me. I would love the top trim level of the upcoming 5G to have a sweet V6 that produces at least 330hp.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Originally Posted by C8N

Surprised it took so long........
Old 12-25-2013, 02:19 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts

Berkman’s Role

The job of bringing the TLX to life was entrusted to Erik Berkman, a 30-year Honda veteran who in 2012 became the company’s 1st non-Japanese head of research and development for North America. Honda bolstered the U.S.-based operation’s power earlier this year when it created a 9-member North American management board, which includes Berkman, 2 other Americans and a Canadian. The board is in charge of products and strategy for the region, which generates the biggest share of the company’s global sales.

Berkman was among the engineers who helped the company tackle its last big test: 2012’s on-the-fly redesign of the critically panned Civic. He previously gained stature within Honda for leading development of Acura’s last hit sedan, the 2006 TL that helped the brand reach record sales in 2005. Getting Acura right, after what Iwamura called its “winding path,” is important to tap growing demand for premium vehicles in the U.S. and around the world.
I hope Erik Berkman realized he needs to put folding rear seats in the TLX. Are you listening Erik Berkman? I see that the new Genesis did not include folding rear seats... that could have been my next car, so now it is up to Erik Berkman. Come on Erik, you can do it, think usability, think flexibility, think utility.... think.

Last edited by Rocket_man; 12-25-2013 at 02:30 AM.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:26 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by mondster
So which of the q50s tech or gadget did they fuck up?

They've had trouble with the whole InTouch system. All kinds of bugs related to lockups, reverse cameras not working immediately, apps still missing, having to pull over to the side of the road and restart the car to get stuff working again. There are a few youtube videos showing some of these issues. There have been bug fixes that seem to have fixed a lot of these issues since release, but some are still issues from what I can tell. To be honest a lot of the people that bought immediately seem like they were just beta testers. I feel for them.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:03 PM
'20 TLX SH-AWD A-Spec

Received 345 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by JDMaccord3.5

It will be a very difficult decision if the new TLX comes with either that turbo engine or the usual v6. If I upgrade to a TLX I would probably go for the turbo engine, never mind losing the AWD option. But then again who knows, they may have a turbo 4-banger version with AWD SH too!

Quick Reply: 2015 TLX is official!