18 TLX Folding Mirrors - Sounds

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 06:14 PM
2018 TLX Aspec

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
18 TLX Folding Mirrors - Sounds

Hi Fellas, noticed recently when the door mirrors are automatically folding in or out, I hear this awkward winding/ almost crunchy sound. It happens on both doors.
Is it just me or you guys got the same sounds? wonder if silicon lube can do the trick. Let me know how your's are doing.
Old 08-10-2018, 01:16 PM
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Same sound here, it basically sounds like two dry plastics catching and rubbing. I haven't put any lubricant in there, I'm afraid it'll gum up with dust. If you want to give it a go, I would use a powder lubricant such as graphite.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:15 PM
2018 TLX Aspec

I dropped into the dealership the other day for a quick check. I was easily able to replicate the issue and they ordered me a whole new door mirror and housing to replace.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:53 AM
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by MattViperTLX
I dropped into the dealership the other day for a quick check. I was easily able to replicate the issue and they ordered me a whole new door mirror and housing to replace.
I’m not sure if we are talking about the same issue, but my driver side mirrors starting making a noise like crackle when closing the door.

I too took it to the dealer and they ordered a replacement mirror. I’m waiting for it to arrive.

Did this fix your rattle noise?

Strange issue to have.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:11 PM
2018 TLX Aspec

I'm still waiting for the part to arrive too. I bet it's a similar noise you are getting too.

Originally Posted by JDM_809

I’m not sure if we are talking about the same issue, but my driver side mirrors starting making a noise like crackle when closing the door.

I too took it to the dealer and they ordered a replacement mirror. I’m waiting for it to arrive.

Did this fix your rattle noise?

Strange issue to have.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:03 PM
Intermediate

I'm still waiting for the part to arrive too. I bet it's a similar noise you are getting too.
Btw last week I got my driver side mirror replaced. The rattle noise is gone now when closing the door. Now I have a solid thump noise when closing the door again.

Got it it replaced with warranty. The only con is that the replaced mirror has a very small chip in the sharp corner where it meets the door. Didn’t bother because dealers are so careless and not noticeable unless you look really close.
Old 08-25-2018, 03:02 PM
2018 TLX Aspec

what colour is your car? I want in to get it replaced, then got turned away as the part colour was supposedly 'off'. They will reorder .

Originally Posted by JDM_809

Btw last week I got my driver side mirror replaced. The rattle noise is gone now when closing the door. Now I have a solid thump noise when closing the door again.

Got it it replaced with warranty. The only con is that the replaced mirror has a very small chip in the sharp corner where it meets the door. Didn’t bother because dealers are so careless and not noticeable unless you look really close.
Old 08-25-2018, 05:32 PM
Intermediate

what colour is your car? I want in to get it replaced, then got turned away as the part colour was supposedly 'off'. They will reorder .
18 white a-spec

The dealer next day the mirrow and gave me a day rental while being replaced. I give them that they took care of me right away.