Excelerate Performance A full service speed shop offering performance parts for your Acura

XLR8 JPipe For 2018+ TLX: Available Now!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 01:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 350 Likes on 287 Posts
XLR8 JPipe For 2018+ TLX: Available Now!

Hey Acurazine,

We have some exciting news for you 2018+ TLX owners, we now have Jpipes available for the AWD and FWD platform!

The Jpipes are $495.00, if you would like to purchase one please send an email to sales@excelerateperformance.com with your vehicle info,

You can find some pictures of the first install below:

Jesse's car looking good with our XLR8 Jpipe and fresh set of Enkeis!

XLR8 Jpipe looking right at home as always!

Let us know if you have any questions!

We are in the process of launching our new webstore, and we are still currently working on the Honda/Acura landing pages,

If you are looking for something on the website and can't find it please don't hesitate to send us an email!

The new site will be up soon enough, and we thank everyone for their patience and support.

Happy modding!
The following users liked this post:
Trust037 (05-15-2019)
Old 02-26-2019, 09:25 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks great! Any audio available? I may get this on my 18 A-Spec. S. I may get one for mine as well.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:59 PM
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 TLX w/ 3rd cat

Hi,
Is this available with the the 3rd cat? Any dyno charts for the 2018 TLX?

That A-Spec is sharp!!! Please provide specs on it also!!! :-D

Thanks!
Old 05-15-2019, 11:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 350 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by 5torm

Looks great! Any audio available? I may get this on my 18 A-Spec. S. I may get one for mine as well.
I don't have any audio from that specific car as the customer was out of state, what I do have on hand has the catback on it as well.

Perhaps someone with our Jpipe on a stock exhaust could chime in with a video!

They offer a subtle modified sound over stock due to the fact they have larger diameter piping and remove the catalytic converter, but it is far from overbearing.

I reached out to a couple cars with our Jpipe to get an audio clip. I will post that up once I have it!

Originally Posted by Trust037
Hi,
Is this available with the the 3rd cat? Any dyno charts for the 2018 TLX?

That A-Spec is sharp!!! Please provide specs on it also!!! :-D

Thanks!
We do not have a catted option available for these platforms at this time since there is not enough of a demand for them to justify development.

The cat delete option should not give you any troubles however! The Jpipe does have a sensor in it, but since the cat is located post-sensor you can remove it without causing a check engine light or needing a tune!

Removing the cat helps with the power gains as well. On an untuned vehicle you can anticipate ~12hp worth of gains with a similar torque figure. With an intake, Jpipe, exhaust, and tune we have seen gains up to 20hp/25ft-lbs on the 3.5L!
Old 05-15-2019, 07:15 PM
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by 5torm

I own the car at the beginning of this thread. I have RV6 HFPC, XLR8 j-pipe, Vibrant resonator, stock exhaust

Here is the sound of idle and revving in park

here is the sound under load

I had the resonator installed because with the HFPC added a little drone so that took care of almost all of it.

PS the stock brakes SUCK balls for canyon carving. It was just fine until I went down the mountain driving in the same manner. Halfway down my peddle became mushy and it was scary so I chilled out for a while to let them cool. Maybe 10
minutes tops driving like this

Last edited by ultrapogi; 05-15-2019 at 07:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
08smr6mt (06-13-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 08:03 PM
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ultrapogi
I own the car at the beginning of this thread. I have RV6 HFPC, XLR8 j-pipe, Vibrant resonator, stock exhaust

Here is the sound of idle and revving in park

https://youtu.be/H3_uJ9Q9Bnw

here is the sound under load

https://youtu.be/6BsTHe0N0Zk

I had the resonator installed because with the HFPC added a little drone so that took care of almost all of it.

PS the stock brakes SUCK balls for canyon carving. It was just fine until I went down the mountain driving in the same manner. Halfway down my peddle became mushy and it was scary so I chilled out for a while to let them cool. Maybe 10
minutes tops driving like this
Kabayan,
What are your specs on wheels? What are you lowered on also. The A-Spec sounds great!!! Definitely will be purchasing a j-pipe soon!
Old 05-15-2019, 09:21 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Trust037
Kabayan,
What are your specs on wheels? What are you lowered on also. The A-Spec sounds great!!! Definitely will be purchasing a j-pipe soon!

Here is the thread with everything I have done on my car. I ended up selling my rims and tires and putting the stock ones on because I needed some money in between jobs. I put the 15mm spacers on the front and 20mm spacer on the rear with the stock 19” set up so they look pretty flush. Man I miss those continental tires though. They stuck like glue to the road.

Also I am a 6’5” “joe” that lived in the Philippines for a while.
https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-...c-utah-969761/
Old 05-26-2019, 02:44 PM
Racer

another video showing start up, idle, mild acceleration and some more full acceleration. In other words more comprehensive