Are you happy with your Acura Dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 09:25 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UKwrath33
My local dealer, Jenkins in Ocala Florida is so so. Some good experiences, others sucked. Doesn't help that I've yet to run into anyone that actually owns or drives an Acura. Last guy I went on a test drive with spent the entire ride telling me how I should look at BMW. Other dealers in central florida seem to be really nice. Dealt with an AWESOME women (personality AND looks) at Crown Acura a couple months back though.
Wow... That's nowhere near Eastern Canada...
Old 07-24-2013, 09:52 PM
Chapter Leader (Eastern Canada)

Received 227 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by VTECMAN
Has anyone dealt with acura of Oakville?

Incidentally I bought my car from Sherway and the sales person was fantastic.

Does anyone have a non- dealer that they get their servicing done at in the west end? I am in Milton.

Thanks.
PM TLOHTL, he had mentioned of a shop that he knows that he deals with in Milton
Old 08-01-2013, 09:42 AM
Intermediate

Fairview Acura Kitchener "Worst Dealership Ever"

This business is awful; I don't mind paying a fair price for good service. Their basic services are way overpriced, and their service desk people are an ignorant bunch of kids. Although the mechanics may be good, but you never get to actually talk to someone who is knowledgeable about your vehicle. You are always talking to someone who is up selling you on anything that they can and always not required. I've taken my car in several times during the time that it was under warranty. Once they figure out that you don't do any of the basic service with their dealership they become a bunch of ass**s.

You can get much better service at a good independent garage and pay way less. Doing oil changes and brakes is pretty simple and most people if they took the interest could learn to do this and save a pile of money.

Any chance I get I steer people away from this dealership. Word of mouth goes along way, but dealers don't seem to learn from this, that’s why there will always be room for good independent mechanics.

I've also come to know one of the mechanics from this dealership and any more complex service he can do after hours at his home garage.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:33 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by VTECMAN
Has anyone dealt with acura of Oakville?

Incidentally I bought my car from Sherway and the sales person was fantastic.

Does anyone have a non- dealer that they get their servicing done at in the west end? I am in Milton.

Thanks.
I just picked up my 2013 Acura ZDX from Acura of Oakville and it was by far my best experience at ANY car dealership, let alone Acura dealerships. This dealership truly represents the Acura brand in every way, shape and form. From the moment I walked in till the car keys were handed over to me, my experience was nothing short of amazing. They are extremely courteous, friendly and professional. Starting from the reception to the service, everything about this dealership is phenomenal.

I live 45 kms away from this dealership and would go there for my future needs bypassing all other Acura Dealerships in the way.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts
Acura of Oakville?

Wow, I hope they keep you happy.
But I am skeptical about this new dealership.
When I was looking to buy (used) their pricing was outrageous and the saleswoman I met was an arrogant snob. They have such a fancy place, their overhead must be extremely high.
I have not been there for service or parts so I don't know for sure. There were some critical comments somewhere here about them (Oakville) as well. My experience at Erin Mills is that the service advisors and the shop foreman are good guys. Their pricing for regular maintenance is ridiculously high (so I do all my own) but they are pretty good and reasonable for actual repairs.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:58 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jim_c
Wow, I hope they keep you happy.
But I am skeptical about this new dealership.
When I was looking to buy (used) their pricing was outrageous and the saleswoman I met was an arrogant snob. They have such a fancy place, their overhead must be extremely high.
I have not been there for service or parts so I don't know for sure. There were some critical comments somewhere here about them (Oakville) as well. My experience at Erin Mills is that the service advisors and the shop foreman are good guys. Their pricing for regular maintenance is ridiculously high (so I do all my own) but they are pretty good and reasonable for actual repairs.
When did you visit them? Maybe things have changed now?
Old 11-23-2013, 11:40 AM
4th Gear

After searching every Acura dealer within 300km of Burlington for about 8 mths., I finally found a nice CPO 2010 TL SH AWD Tech at Acura West in London. I dealt with the sales manager Andrew from start to finish (Including delivery of the car at the dealership) and found the whole process extremely professional. Andrew was both courteous and very knowledgable about the car's features and the certified preowned warranty and made the transaction a rare pleasure compared to most other Acura dealerships I had visited.
I cannot comment on their service department other than that they did a great job in preparing my car for pickup. They are probably a little far for me to take the car to for service and I have a requirement for service as of yesterday. On my drive home I noticed the whine that seems to be caused by a faulty prop shaft (After less than 1000km!). I went online to Acura on Brant to see what their service hours where and through the 'online chat desk' I made a request for a service appointment, describing the symptoms. No response as of yet.
Past experiences with an Integra and a CL 3.0 at Sherway and Erin Mills steered me to Acura on Brant and on the whole they were pretty good. I will update on Acura on Brant service dept. after I have my visit hopefully early next week.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:24 PM
10th Gear

I just started working for Acura 2000, been with honda since 2003. but for most of us who are car enthusiast we like to have trust and a relation with the people who service our cars.

I do a lot of work on the side, feel free to e-mail me @ kevin99_101@hotmail.com

I do a lot of aftermarket and regular maintenance, platinum trained by honda/acura canada
Old 12-03-2013, 09:52 AM
Cruisin'

Maple Acura once again has come through for me. I have exited my RDX lease and jumped into a MDX lease, hassle free. This dealership has been very accommodating and flexible based on my requirements. (The same cannot be said for Pineview Hyundai, I cannot wait for my lease to end there)
Old 12-18-2013, 10:17 PM

Erin MIlls Acura is the worst I would say I hv seen yet . There is this old guy who is so rude and wicked . The way he talks and his awful smirk on his face man horrible person he is .... Also erin mills service quality has gone down . I requested to clean my interiors vaccuming n all and the guy cut my leather seat , so when I asked for the tech service manager who is never there .... I was told to be called back but he never called back ... nextwwek I requested again n the same thing ....With three servicing with them I had enough bad experience tht I hv switched to Oakville which is way muc better than Mississauga @ erin . Value for the brand name acura have drastically gone down especially the service customers usually think of after buying luxary cars
Old 12-23-2013, 03:56 PM
Intermediate

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
just called markham acura for the parts department and the receptionist transfered me to the parts where the sales person told me rudely that there was no working. I then get told by another person that he was sorry and please hold. Waited for 5 minutes no one picked up. These part department folks are rude af
Old 01-01-2014, 03:31 PM
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I have experience with 3 dealers in the GTA since January 2009:
1. Acura of North Toronto (worst for service, though sales dept was a pleasure to deal with when I bought my 2009 TSX)
2. Acura Sherway (no complaints about the service dept; went there for approximately 3 yrs)
3. Sterne Acura in Aurora (last 12 months; favourite so far)
Old 06-14-2018, 09:45 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Trying to revive this old thread to see more recent experiences with Acura dealers around GTA area. More interested in the service department for repairs and maintenance. Thanks
Old 06-14-2018, 10:00 AM
Drifting

Received 849 Likes on 605 Posts
Can't speak for that area. The two in the SLC area are pretty good. Jody Wilkenson and Mike Hale. I don't have a ton of experience with either but the limited exposure I've had has been positive.
Old 12-26-2018, 11:30 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
dealer service discussion

This thread seems to be surprisingly quiet for some reason. Unless I missed it, the last entry is June 2018? Does that mean most are happy with the service they get?
I've dealt with numerous Acura/Honda dealers (owned about 5 Honda/Acura cars) -- unfortunately it's always been hit/miss - for more than 20 years for me. The dealers in Kitchener/Waterloo (closest to me) are usually brutal to deal with. The one I've had good luck with is Oakville Acura where I bought the car. They've been very reasonable and responsive to any issues I've had. I've also dealt with Olympic Honda (Guelph), Acura Hamilton, Brantford Honda - all not worthy of getting my money IMHO. I don't understand why the dealers are so difficult in general though. Acura is represented as a premium brand so it would seem premium service is in order. As someone ID'd in this thread - the relationship you have with the dealer/service dept seems to have a big influence. It shouldn't need to be that way but in my experience it makes a world of difference.
Generally I deal with my own independent mechanic (trusted for many years) and make sure I adhere religiously to the service schedule - because it's still under warranty. If there is warranty work, or something that could be warranty related, I go to the dealer. In this case (Acura TL 4th gen), the Oakville dealer is where I'd go. The sales guys are good too. They aren't overly pushy and seem to actually want to price their cars fairly. They'll deal too, if they know you're serious.