Region needs to be more active!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 02:24 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Region needs to be more active!

This use to be the regional meet forum right? why can't we use this for local discussion like, where to buy aftermarket parts, deal on oil, etc etc.

the TL 3G forum is really wierd... 400 viewers.. 3 posts... and those guys are hardcore elitests too.. kinda like some other forum with hondas and acuras..

it pisses me off.

so what if i want 17 inch OEM spec rotas.... go peddle your HRE/WORK/RONJON stuff else where.... not everyone can sell drugs and be rap stars.. that's what it seems like in the US
Old 08-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I understand what you are saying but look - 3G TL is a nice car, and people who use forums are mostly young (under 30) people. Young people driving nice cars are naturally proud of that fact and a lot of them think they are better than everybody else. If not, however, they try to be better than everybody else by making their car more "fucked up" while ripping on people whose cars are stock in some way shape or form, or have "shitty" rims for instance.

It's annoying, but luckily I have an 11 year old TL where even a stock one like mine doesn't get flamed on.

Sorry that I'm kinda off topic here.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CdTriX
This use to be the regional meet forum right? why can't we use this for local discussion like, where to buy aftermarket parts, deal on oil, etc etc.

the TL 3G forum is really wierd... 400 viewers.. 3 posts... and those guys are hardcore elitests too.. kinda like some other forum with hondas and acuras..

it pisses me off.

so what if i want 17 inch OEM spec rotas.... go peddle your HRE/WORK/RONJON stuff else where.... not everyone can sell drugs and be rap stars.. that's what it seems like in the US
You can still post any of the topics you mentioned. I think the regional sections are pretty open and general regarding what members can or cannot post.

I hear ya on the elitist thing, and there are a couple of douchbags on the 3G board. It's all good though, the TL is just my DD and while I love the thing, I've always said it's only a puffed up Accord. I just chuckle when people talk the TL up like it's a Rolls or a Bentley; I hope those same people realize nobody think as highly of Acura as BWM, Audi, Lexus, or even Infinity for that matter.

Plus, I'd rather put more money into my travel fund than into the car. Traveling is much more rewarding to me personally.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DAiNiUS
I understand what you are saying but look - 3G TL is a nice car, and people who use forums are mostly young (under 30) people. Young people driving nice cars are naturally proud of that fact and a lot of them think they are better than everybody else.
I hope nobody here think that.... Stupid attitude. I f'ing hate arrogant people.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Instructor

it's not the elitest Acura is the best on the 3G forums but it's the go big or go home attitude.

i don't like the ron jon preaching that everyone does... it's all about form and little about function.

i like my 3g TL a lot and i think it's a great value, but not everyone wants to dump the car on 20s and dodge pot holes in fear of my suspension exploding.

i want the best bang for my buck and ron jon isn't it! i don't even like their rims.. god damn it... but people preach... i'll just ignore them

i'll roll on 17 inch rota and they can kiss my butt..
Old 08-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Awesome Memeber

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by <{Kris}>
I hope nobody here think that.... Stupid attitude. I f'ing hate arrogant people.
My TL thinks its better than me
Old 08-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Awesome Memeber

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not that I spend alot of time in the 3G forums...none at all...but generally the 2G side is really good. Everyone is usually helpful and never look down on anyone else...well unless they are on 22's :|.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:32 AM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
i like Work rims. i just don't have $3 grand to drop on wheels that's life