Poor Service!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 02:09 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poor Service!

Hello.

I am sorry for the length of this post but it explains all the detail of my situations. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Bought a 05 Acura TSX in January of 2008.
I take my in for service and regular maintenance as per the service manual on time and it is the only place i bring it to.

Here is where the problem starts:

December 9th, 2010 - I took my car in for its regular maintenance and they performed a "Type D Service".

Got my car back and travled approximately 1500km and noticed some rattling sounds, could not find the problem until I got back home from vacation and noticed that my rear driver's side brake calliper has no bolts in it. So literally I could pull off the calliper right off the disc.

The dealer "Acura on Brant" in Burlington, Ontario. Gave me compensation for this mishap and left it at that.

Next problem.

October 31st, 2011 - Took car in for a check engine and VTC light that came on. Car was not shifting at the correct rpm and had no power.

Dealer said they have to order a "VTC Solenoid"
Call back to dealer 3 weeks later and ask where part is, they respond that port was never ordered! Part comes in Dec 7th.

Next MAJOR Problem
On December 10th, 2011. My transmission fails completely and have to have it towed to the dealership (Acura on Brant - Burlington, ON)

Next business day I go speak with service department and explain the situation, they forward maintenance records to Acura Canada because car is under warranty. I do not hear a phone call back until January 12th, 2012. Acura Canada has declined replacement due to not having a transmission flush done.

(I bought my car at 74,000km and is now at 150,000km)

I ask why this is not part of the regular maintenance and was never offered nor told about this service. They respond with (it is in your service manual which you need to follow)

Make a long story short The Dealership Owner (Leggatt Auto Group) The District Manager is willing to replace the Transmission plus 50% of the labor.

$4500 New Transmission from Dealer
$1100 Install from Dealer

I feel I should not have to pay the half of the labor because of these issues.

Not to mention the service manager at (Acura on Brant) Andrew C. spoke with me on the phone and made rude comments like: "I wan't your car outta my shop"

I have maintained professionalism and very business like with this entire transaction and should not be receiving this type of service.

PLEASE RESPOND WITH YOUR THOUGHTS
Old 01-14-2012, 01:29 PM
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 127 Posts
i heard that dealer sucks they have poor service u should try
and get your car towed to the one in hamilton
Old 01-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Boosted Life

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
WOW, what an asshole manager what I would do is complain to Acura/Honda Canada and report him. Thats ridiculous that they didnt even ask you to do a flush during the maintenance service you performed.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:50 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by ch1zo
WOW, what an asshole manager what I would do is complain to Acura/Honda Canada and report him. Thats ridiculous that they didnt even ask you to do a flush during the maintenance service you performed.
This issue will not be over until I get the service that every Acura owner should be reciceving.

I will be taking this up with the following people.

Acura Canada
Acura Customer Relations
Leggat Auto Group (Dealer Owner)
Acura on Brant (Dealer)
Media (Newspapers and Social Media)
Old 01-14-2012, 10:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
how are you still under warranty? your power train should be up, if it is, then imo u got lucky getting goodwill on parts and half labor.

acura on brant was good to me when i purchased a used 08 tls from them. couple small issues, but resolved.

i can see what your saying about the maintenance and not being told, but it is still up to you to look at your user manual and be familiar with your vehicle

for instance, i work at a truck dealer, we work on mainly medium duty trucks, right now we have a dead head, 09 gmc w5500 diesel with 30xxx km. base warranty is 2 years unlt km, and emission is 5 years 160000km. with this truck it has a no starting issue, long story short this truck had never had a fuel filter changed on it in 3 years, should be either 6 months or 25000km or else water gets in the fuel system and its fucked. the owner is blaming the truck that its a lemon and its shit, when he only came to us for 1 oil change and some warranty work in the past.

the kicker is all 8 injectors are plugged which rarely happens, fuel rail sensor covered in crap and the injector pump was seized. all because of water and him not doing a filter change. he tried to blame us for not telling him about performing a filter change in the past, but at the end its the owner of the vehicle who's responsible. he does have emission warranty, but when it comes to fuel contamination, your fucked, in this case i was willing to help him and claim some things under warranty, but he contacted gm canada, and now everyone knows lol

i can see what your saying, things happen, but thats the way this business is but when shit hits the fan, people tend to run away
Old 01-15-2012, 02:16 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by MurdaZ
how are you still under warranty? your power train should be up, if it is, then imo u got lucky getting goodwill on parts and half labor.

acura on brant was good to me when i purchased a used 08 tls from them. couple small issues, but resolved.

i can see what your saying about the maintenance and not being told, but it is still up to you to look at your user manual and be familiar with your vehicle

for instance, i work at a truck dealer, we work on mainly medium duty trucks, right now we have a dead head, 09 gmc w5500 diesel with 30xxx km. base warranty is 2 years unlt km, and emission is 5 years 160000km. with this truck it has a no starting issue, long story short this truck had never had a fuel filter changed on it in 3 years, should be either 6 months or 25000km or else water gets in the fuel system and its fucked. the owner is blaming the truck that its a lemon and its shit, when he only came to us for 1 oil change and some warranty work in the past.

the kicker is all 8 injectors are plugged which rarely happens, fuel rail sensor covered in crap and the injector pump was seized. all because of water and him not doing a filter change. he tried to blame us for not telling him about performing a filter change in the past, but at the end its the owner of the vehicle who's responsible. he does have emission warranty, but when it comes to fuel contamination, your fucked, in this case i was willing to help him and claim some things under warranty, but he contacted gm canada, and now everyone knows lol

i can see what your saying, things happen, but thats the way this business is but when shit hits the fan, people tend to run away

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that this is the business and sometimes thing just don't work out the way you want them to but heres the thing...

On Oct 31, 2011 when I took my car due to it not shifting property and they did the test on it and said we need to order a VTC Sensor. Then 3 weeks later I call them back and they say the part was never ordered... Maybe the damage happened then. There is no proof on either party but common sense and good customer service would lead it to the customer.

Not to mention the huge issue with the brake calliper bolt not being put back on my car and driving it. That is a huge safety concern and dealer practice issue.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BlastPro
Thank you for your reply.

I understand that this is the business and sometimes thing just don't work out the way you want them to but heres the thing...

On Oct 31, 2011 when I took my car due to it not shifting property and they did the test on it and said we need to order a VTC Sensor. Then 3 weeks later I call them back and they say the part was never ordered... Maybe the damage happened then. There is no proof on either party but common sense and good customer service would lead it to the customer.

Not to mention the huge issue with the brake calliper bolt not being put back on my car and driving it. That is a huge safety concern and dealer practice issue.
so with the solenoid problem what was your mileage?

it is possible for it to happen then, if you are correct and its a vtc solenoid/sensor, its a valve timing control sensor, which should have no effect on the shifting quality, but either way you did come with an issue about it and that was their diagnosis. i would have to have ses codes to help you more.

i see what your saying, customer service is key in the service dept. and with the caliper bolt missing is really bad, and with that left a bad feeling about the dealership in your mind. that is really sad.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:15 PM
UA7 6MT

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Moral of the story.
Don't trust dealerships.

No matter how polite and professional you are at the end of the day they are just in it to make money.

Like MurdaZ said consider yourself even lucky to have gotten what you have out of them.

The caliper is a big deal and you should forward that to corporate but I wouldnt hold my breathe.
Unfortunately dealerships are the last people you will find willing to take ownership for a problem.
Funny how most people tend to think by buying from a dealer they get security and peace of mind.

My advice is get the Transmission done and find a reputable independent shop.
Customer service will be better and you wont be paying an arm and a leg for no reason.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:41 PM
2007 Type S WDP 5AT

Received 171 Likes on 64 Posts
acura of brant sucks ass!!!! They are just horrible. Go to acura of Hamilton and speak to frank in service. All i have to say is A+++++ at acura of hamilton. even my uncle who works for acura of hamilton knows that acura of brant sucks and everyone knows it.

I bought my 07 type s there a year ago and as soon as you leave the doors with your new car, they forget about you and dont give 2 shits about you