AEM / K&N Synthetic Dry Air Filter Cleaner?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 04:04 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEM / K&N Synthetic Dry Air Filter Cleaner?

Was about to use some left over K&N filter 2 bottle cleaner oil kit but knowing I wouldn't use the oil bottle and use only the cleaner. I read the big warning on the filter saying do not oil, so fully understand that part figure I would get the correctly cleaner so over time I don't damage the media.

Does anyone know of where locally I can get 'AEM - K&N Synthetic Air Filter Cleaner' for my AEM CAI? Talked to a few places like Canadian Tire, Partsource, couple Auto Supply shops, and they all seem to be saying the same thing special order from Keystone and will cost ~$12 and shipped in for ~$30. Wow pretty expensive for 32oz bottle of cleaner!

Wasn't sure if there was an alternative cleaner/soap safe to use to wash it out without damaging it over time? I'm hoping some places will carry the K&N cleaner in stock soon, especially if K&N is got some partnership with AEM now?

From AEM's Website:

http://www.aemintakes.com/air_filter_cleaning_kit.htm

Synthetic Air Filter Cleaner

AEM has partnered with K&N to develop a filter cleaner specifically developed for AEM and other synthetic air filters. K&N Synthetic Air Filter cleaner loosens dirt and grime so it can be easily washed away to ensure your AEM Dryflow filter element lasts for the life of your vehicle. Cleaner part number 99-0624 is a 32 ounce spray bottle.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:42 PM
3.5 psi

Received 798 Likes on 636 Posts
i just cleaned my AEM dryflow filter. I googled it and found a bunch of people doing the same thing. I removed it, filled a clean bucket with warm water and a bit of clothing detergent. then put the filter in and twist it like a washing machine would. Empty the water and repeat. Then rinse very well with just water. Let the filter air dry on its own. It's just synthetic fabric, so you don't need oil or anything.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:35 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gnuts
i just cleaned my AEM dryflow filter. I googled it and found a bunch of people doing the same thing. I removed it, filled a clean bucket with warm water and a bit of clothing detergent. then put the filter in and twist it like a washing machine would. Empty the water and repeat. Then rinse very well with just water. Let the filter air dry on its own. It's just synthetic fabric, so you don't need oil or anything.
Cool thanks didn't want to damage the filter with using the wrong product on it. I was thinking of trying a small amount of liquid Tide (like position 1 in the cup) and using some warm water. Absolutely retarded that AEM & K&N sell filters at places like Crappy-Tire but they do not stock the cleaner, only the old oil version cleaner.

Found this from aFe might be same thing just use mild detergent going to give it a try:

http://www.billswebspace.com/afeprodryscleaning.pdf

Their CAI for TL:
http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...V6&&brandID=78