Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Waiting to kiss before marriage

Old 06-15-2008, 11:17 PM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
Originally Posted by darksom1
How can any of that be relative here when the OP has not so much as kissed a woman?
You don't have to try Crystal Meth to know where it will lead. I know I'm reaching with the analogy - I guess what I'm trying to get across is this: people can define for themselves what might be a destructive behavior for them. Maybe for the OP getting to first base is the equivalent. I'm not proposing addiction is the issue here, but it's a line he's drawn and does not want to cross it. Fairly simple - everyone does it. I imagine you have your lines too... :wink:

Separate the jokes and the attacks from both sides, and you still get a guy afraid of intimacy, and all that entails. People whose actions are fostered by religious beliefs, don't foresee possibly overcoming the "problem" down the road. It is no problem. It is a way of life to them. The OP has said that if he dates more, then he will possibly overcome his objection to kissing. That is not borne of religion, but of angst and lack of nerve.
There is a religious undercurrent here and I understand where the OP is coming from. I would not expect everyone to understand it, but this isn't the R&P form so I'll leave it at that.

No 1Louder, I am stunned that you don't see that. Perhaps if you had not assumed the role of supporter so quickly because of religious piety, then you might have been able to forego the usual "humor" demonstrated here, and been able to see the situation for what it is yourself: Just a sheltered guy with a misunderstanding of the birds and the bees because he hasn't hunted much. You give his "urges" too much credit. Take another look.
Don't put me on the "piety" buss just yet. I'll defend my religion when it's attacked, and all I was trying to do is offer the OP some support on those grounds. I'm not supporting him as blindly as you suggest just because of the "religion" card. He's made a life choice - so what? Anyone being hurt by him not kissing a girl? You see it as sheltered and afraid of intamacy - that's fine. We don't know the OP, we don't hang out with him. There might be a mix of things going on. However I'm not going to discredit what he's stated as his plan, motives and reasoning - they are his own.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:28 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you mind me asking where you go to school? I notice you are from IN and was wondering if you were from one of the ultra-conservative universities located there...

Secondly, you have realized by now that hardly anyone is able to take you seriously. You are asking a question about something which i am sure 99.98% of people in America would never consider.

Here's a forum i found on Google where you will probably get much more sincere answers from people of your type....

http://christianforums.com/archive/i...t-4582299.html
Old 06-15-2008, 11:30 PM
Burning Brakes

oy...does any other word better describe this thread?
Old 06-15-2008, 11:44 PM
Race Director

^ " freaks from the bible "
Old 06-16-2008, 12:17 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 1Louder
Maybe for the OP getting to first base is the equivalent. I'm not proposing addiction is the issue here, but it's a line he's drawn and does not want to cross it. Fairly simple - everyone does it. I imagine you have your lines too... :wink:
Lol...ok, that's a tough line to draw, albeit, by his own admission, NOT the "line of demarcation".

As for me...no comment. Haha!
Old 06-16-2008, 04:53 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Gay. Period.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:36 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by 1killercls
Gay. Period.

Pretty much a clear indication.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:05 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by 1Louder
So if the OP were an alcholoic talking about not drinking at all, I suspect everyone would be supportive. What bothers me is that because it's related to sex, all of a sudden he's repressed, gay, has issues, whatever. It's both devaluing the standard the OP has chosen, and also critized the manner in which he'll achieve it.
It's not because it's about sex, its because it's about deviant behavior. If he was talking about how he is thinking of cutting off his right hand because he uses it to whack off and feels it's a sin against god, I don't think you would be showing so much support would you? "thats a brave decision young man, want to borrow my thrice-blessed chainsaw?" I call BS.

The problem with your analogy is if an alcoholic stops drinking alcohol, people understand, because it's a normal reaction. If you take it wayyyy out of proportion as in the case with the OP's worries about kissing, people are not going to understand.

What the OP is doing is the equivilant of saying "I am an alcoholic so I have decided to give up drinking liquids altogether. I will now only take liquid through an IV daily" So most people would think thats nuts and suggest non alcoholic drinks or water. If the person responds with "water and other non-alcoholic drinks can be mixed with alcohol so I am afraid that I will not have enough self control to drink anything without putting alcohol in it." Most people are going to reasonably suggest there may be some mental health issues going on here and that the person might want to look into professional help.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:45 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by TzarChasm
What the OP is doing is the equivilant of saying "I am an alcoholic so I have decided to give up drinking liquids altogether. I will now only take liquid through an IV daily"
Actually, what would be a more accurate interpretation of 1Louder's analogy is saying I'm an alcoholic, or I'm afraid I'll become an alcoholic - without ever having taken a drink! That's what makes it so ridiculous!
Old 06-16-2008, 10:41 AM
Benchwarmer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Uh, you might want to take a raincheck on that one. He's got a lip fungus they ain't identified yet.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Suzuka Master

I just don't see how one could think they have so much game and such a magic hand that once they start kissing someone the panties automatically drop and you're "up in dem guts" 5 min later! I wish it was that easy!! It takes a lot of game/effort to go from kissing to home plate.

I don't think the OP ever mentioned...have you ever kissed a girl? Tried it and decided to wait? or don't want to try it? I think that can help us get a better idea of what's going on here.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:00 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by Mike 350Z
I just don't see how one could think they have so much game and such a magic hand that once they start kissing someone the panties automatically drop and you're "up in dem guts" 5 min later! I wish it was that easy!! It takes a lot of game/effort to go from kissing to home plate.

I don't think the OP ever mentioned...have you ever kissed a girl? Tried it and decided to wait? or don't want to try it? I think that can help us get a better idea of what's going on here.
He said he has never kissed a girl. Maybe he tried one time and had dragon breath, and never went back to the well.

But as far as him thinking that just because he gets all hot and bothered that means the panties go down...consider the source! You can be playa playa in your mind all you want, but stepping up to home plate will be a reality check for him...if he ever gets there!
Old 06-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike 350Z
I just don't see how one could think they have so much game and such a magic hand that once they start kissing someone the panties automatically drop and you're "up in dem guts" 5 min later! I wish it was that easy!!
ALCOHOL

(and a very slutty girl )
Old 06-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Great. Now he's loose.

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Hmmmm....I kissed my first boy in second grade, my first girl in third....and look how well I turned out! hahahahahahahah

This is soo f'in funny!
Old 06-16-2008, 07:02 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by gypsygirl
Hmmmm....I kissed my first boy in second grade, my first girl in third....and look how well I turned out! hahahahahahahah

This is soo f'in funny!
Hmm...my kind of girl...my kind of girl indeed!

I wonder, at this rate, how long it would take the OP to get his dick sucked? I also wonder if he will only kiss a girl that has never been kissed before? Because if not, then he is kissing her and all of the guys she kissed...This has 40-yr old virgin written all over it...

Last edited by darksom1; 06-16-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Race Director

I think I have another theory about this. Are you just one of those really shy kids? If you are thats okay a lot of kids are. Is it just now that since you have never been with a girl you feel like your behind and this would be easier? A lot of people just arent good with other people but dont feel like your so far behind that its too late to start now. Pratice makes perfect.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Homeschooled?

S-C-O-M-B-R-I-D-A-E?
Old 06-16-2008, 09:05 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by EuRTSX
Homeschooled?

S-C-O-M-B-R-I-D-A-E?
What the fuck does that mean?? Nobody better not figure that out before me!
Old 06-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,863 Likes on 2,030 Posts
What the fuck does that mean?? Nobody better not figure that out before me!
It's a reference to the home-schooled social retard that won the national spelling bee a year ago.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:12 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by svtmike
It's a reference to the home-schooled social retard that won the national spelling bee a year ago.
Is it "Bam I scored"??

ROFLMAO!!! Does this mean I'm stupid as fuck?????

Ok, I give...what is it Mike? LOL!
Old 06-16-2008, 09:15 PM
Team Owner

Is it "Bam I scored"??

ROFLMAO!!! Does this mean I'm stupid as fuck?????

Ok, I give...what is it Mike? LOL!
I'm trying not to go too OT....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...K2yf2oDw&hl=en
Old 06-16-2008, 09:23 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Ya'll mofos are crazy!! That was funny!
Old 06-16-2008, 10:45 PM
Kang Ho

Holy cow. I found it painful to watch. Only saw like 2 minute in...
Old 06-16-2008, 10:47 PM

OK, that was hilarious!
This poor kid. This what happens when home school goes wrong...
Old 06-17-2008, 06:35 AM
Race Director

what a freak
Old 06-17-2008, 08:41 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Have you guys noticed that the similar threads to this one, indicated at the bottom of this page, most of them are about gay marriages? Hahahaha!

How's that for a conclusion?
Old 06-17-2008, 08:50 AM
Team Owner

Have you guys noticed that the similar threads to this one, indicated at the bottom of this page, most of them are about gay marriages? Hahahaha!

How's that for a conclusion?
It is.... illogical.

Those threads are deemed similar by the software because of the aspersions of latent homosexuality cast herein upon the OP.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
"Our first kiss was at the altar"

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/25121427/?GT1=43001

wtf......
Old 06-17-2008, 10:26 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

It is.... illogical.

Those threads are deemed similar by the software because of the aspersions of latent homosexuality cast herein upon the OP.
Thank you Mr. Spock. But that was already known. It's called a joke.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

I don't think i have ever really posted in the rambling sections before except for the fitness section but i just wanted to say something to the OP if he is still reading this.

I am a fellow Christian as well and i just want to tell you that you are looking in the completely wrong place for views on this subject. You need to understand that a high % of the people on this forum are never going to view this subject as you do for obvious reasons. I honestly do not know why you would post this question in a forum such as this because you HAVE to know what the responses would be. I do however commend you for making this decision and sticking to it. I, as a fellow believer, understand where your coming from but i have chosen not to follow this particular "kissing" path. I come from a huge church and i honestly can't say that i have met any girl that would not be ok with you having kissed a lot of girls before....having slept with a lot of girls is a different story.

There is a lot of other things i could say to elaborate on this subject but this is honestly not the place for it as you can see by the responses. Either way, good luck and just keep praying about it.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Great. Now he's loose.

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Hmm...my kind of girl...my kind of girl indeed!

I wonder, at this rate, how long it would take the OP to get his dick sucked? I also wonder if he will only kiss a girl that has never been kissed before? Because if not, then he is kissing her and all of the guys she kissed...This has 40-yr old virgin written all over it...
Thanks!

It seems to me that most people that I know had their first kiss when they were pretty little, just for the butterfly affect if nothing else. Hell they even show pictures of that on Hallmark cards.

I wonder what kept him from receiving that little piece of childhood? He couldn't have made this "mature" decision at the age of a child, could he?
Old 06-17-2008, 07:43 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by gypsygirl
I wonder what kept him from receiving that little piece of childhood? He couldn't have made this "mature" decision at the age of a child, could he?
Which is another reason why I feel he is afraid. It was not a choice necessarily made by him. But rather, caused by a sheltered childhood and trepidation as an adult as a result of that childhood and not knowing what to expect. Just the mere thought that you could go all the way on "urge" alone, means he is a little on the "unknowing" side when it comes to the birds and the bees. That part of the learning curve is absent. Or he would have had no idea how many women he has kissed thus far. I sure as hell don't know how many women I have kissed!
Old 06-18-2008, 12:54 AM
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jwood_06TSX
Either way, good luck and just keep praying about it.
and let me know when you get an answer.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:00 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Originally Posted by SilviaGTO
and let me know when you get an answer.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:07 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by TonysTSeX
Kabota....

It is such a pleasure to hear from a young man.. who shows such character and integrity in his youth..

Always remember one thing bro...

"...The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. For through me your days will be many, and years will be added to your life.." -Proverbs 9:10-11

Keeping yourself until marriage is a thing to be honored in you young man.. don't let anyone tell you different. I hear a measure of wisdom in you that I don't hear in many guys your age. Most guys are out "living it up".. and having sex with the first girl who gives them an opportunity. Which, sadly, is many girls these days. What these guys don't understand is that this trains them to go from one partner to the next. If you get tired of one.. its ok.. no commitment.. just move on to the next! This is a very selfish life. What honor is there in that? What integrity is a man showing by living in such a way? It's taking without giving back.. or any commitment. What they don't realize is.. when they marry, they remember this pattern and how carefree it was...and many cheat on their wives because of this. Is this the kind of lifestyle that you can honestly say that you can look back on and be proud of? More importantly, is this the kind of life that you as a Christian man.. wants to lead? When you wait for that one woman that God will send into your life.. it teaches you to learn patience, self-control, commitment, sacrifice and selflessness. All qualities of a real man. I'll tell you what most men these days don't hear to often. Integrity and Honor and Responsibility are values to strive for. Kabota..God has called you out of this worldliness.. and has called you to live a life for His good pleasure. In Him, you will find an abundant life.. a life worth more than living according to your sexual desires or your every whim. In Christ... you are a 'new creation' and its only in Him that you will find true life!

You don't want to kiss cause it might lead to something else, right? Your concern is a healthy concern. We all know that passionate kissing in many cases, leads to touching, which can lead to petting.. which can lead to many things I won't mention. But, As long as you keep God first in your life... you will do fine. If your young, you should date in groups.. (its about keeping yourself from temptation.. thats a good thing!). You want a wife? Keep asking God to make you into the man that He wants you to be (not just for you..but for the benefit of your future wife/family).. pray to your Father in heaven who hears you and in His time.. He will Bless you. Remember, the bible says that it is a wise man who keeps his way.. and pursues righteousness.
You are an arrogant, pompous son of a bitch. You are judging every single male out there who has had sex with multiple partners before marriage, and then going a few LEAPS forward and stating that any guy who does it has no honor and no integrity. And it's selfish? Hey, every woman I've been with has been more than happy with what I gave her, and never accused me of being selfish.

You have absolutely no right to be judging anyone. If you want to quote the bible, why not quote the rest of it, even if it's not conducive to your argument? Like Matthew 7:1: "Judge not, that ye be not judged." Guess what partner, you just fucked up. Is it fire and brimstone for you?

I had 13 "partners" before I met my wife. She had 6. We spent 7 months kissing and fooling around before we had sex. 7 months. Yeah, that's kind of a long time in most people's eyes these days, but that's what it was. We were both very good at our roles by then. We matched up sexually, but we had 7 months to match up emotionally as well. Now we're married, done in a Church with my FATHER marrying us (he's a DEACON) and we have a 2 year old son, baptized.

I haven't strayed from my wife, and she hasn't strayed from me. My life before her and her life before me doesn't make a fucking pattern. We met people we liked, we met people we loved, we gave ourselves to the others. Our relationship is probably BETTER as a result of that, not worse. Sampling what we know of other people gives us a better understanding of what we wanted in each other. Our 5th anniversary is this July.

Don't stand on your fucking high horse and preach to us about intolerance or not judging anyone who lives a different lifestyle than you do because at the same time, you're doing it to everyone else. Honor and integrity my ass. You need to look up those words and do the one fucking thing most Christians I know can't do: look in a fucking mirror. Your arrogance absolutely astounds me.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:44 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by Pete1burn
You are an arrogant, pompous son of a bitch. You are judging every single male out there who has had sex with multiple partners before marriage, and then going a few LEAPS forward and stating that any guy who does it has no honor and no integrity. And it's selfish? Hey, every woman I've been with has been more than happy with what I gave her, and never accused me of being selfish.

You have absolutely no right to be judging anyone. If you want to quote the bible, why not quote the rest of it, even if it's not conducive to your argument? Like Matthew 7:1: "Judge not, that ye be not judged." Guess what partner, you just fucked up. Is it fire and brimstone for you?

I had 13 "partners" before I met my wife. She had 6. We spent 7 months kissing and fooling around before we had sex. 7 months. Yeah, that's kind of a long time in most people's eyes these days, but that's what it was. We were both very good at our roles by then. We matched up sexually, but we had 7 months to match up emotionally as well. Now we're married, done in a Church with my FATHER marrying us (he's a DEACON) and we have a 2 year old son, baptized.

I haven't strayed from my wife, and she hasn't strayed from me. My life before her and her life before me doesn't make a fucking pattern. We met people we liked, we met people we loved, we gave ourselves to the others. Our relationship is probably BETTER as a result of that, not worse. Sampling what we know of other people gives us a better understanding of what we wanted in each other. Our 5th anniversary is this July.

Don't stand on your fucking high horse and preach to us about intolerance or not judging anyone who lives a different lifestyle than you do because at the same time, you're doing it to everyone else. Honor and integrity my ass. You need to look up those words and do the one fucking thing most Christians I know can't do: look in a fucking mirror. Your arrogance absolutely astounds me.
Way to roll Pete! I'm surprised he didn't ask Kabota for a donation. LOL! maybe he PM'ed him about it!
Old 06-18-2008, 12:24 PM
contrarian in fashion

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
soo... all i got from this thread is that Mizouse has probably kissed more girls than this guy...
Old 06-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Suzuka Master

I find people who boast and brag about something are the ones who lack the most.

Religion and spirituality, included.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Pete1burn
You are an arrogant, pompous son of a bitch....
:duckandcover:

I don't think "Tony" was aiming this at you or anyone else in the thread (at least I hope not) - advice for the OP given he said he was a Christian earlier. This clearly is NOT the place to be giving the OP advice from a religious context (probably not the right place to be asking this question to begin with).

...and I wish people with user names like TonysTSeX would not pound the Bible in their posts...
Old 06-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Race Director

I still think the OP just got behind on this because of shyness and now is afraid of it and thinks this is an easy way out. He can do this but its going to be really hard to find a girl to go along with it.

Quick Reply: Waiting to kiss before marriage