Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Waiting to kiss before marriage

Old 06-11-2008, 06:38 AM
White as night.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kabota
My parents do not force this on me. The have no idea of what I think. And the reason for not kissing would not be for because I am afraid of going to far.( Although this could be a problem for some people) I may have messed up on what I typed or something that led people to believe that. And I dont understand for the people bashing me, but hey its a forum. You make it seem like I am a terrible person, when I am a genuinely nice guy.
I was just asking to see if there was anyone out there that had tried this?
Maybe if I get dating a girl after a bit I will decide I am okay with kissing.
P.S.
I don't need a shrink
I'm sorry but I gotta say Good Luck finding a girl to date you who hasn't kissed you first. Of course she would also like to find out if you absolutely suck at kissing.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:42 AM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I think you're full of shit and I don't respect your views.

You won't be happy.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
I'm not sure I even believe this, but just in case you are serious, here is my

I am guessing it's more of an OCD issue with you. You may not even know it, but your age is typical of the onset of mental illness. What you are doing does NOT fit into the social norm, therefore, if I were you I would be digging deeper into why you have these feelings. A therapist could be very useful.

Just be aware that by not even kissing, you are SERIOUSLY limiting your potential for finding ANY relationship. That may be ok with you, and if I were to guess, may be your goal anyway.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:49 AM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by amisconception
I think you're full of shit and I don't respect your views.

You won't be happy.

This is probably the most insane thing I've read in weeks.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,231 Likes on 821 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan Martin

Old 06-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Team Owner

Received 598 Likes on 416 Posts
Ummmm. OK. I'm going to just give you my views. I'm not saying what you think is wrong. It is a bit unrealistic.

I think that kissing and sex is one of the most important part of a relationship. Most people will agree. Being physically compatible is essential. And I also think that denying yourself those experiences until you are married is likely to lead to problems. The last thing I would need is to get married, and them find out I am not compatible. Or even worse, find out that I would like to experience those things with someone other than my wife. I felt that I experienced a lot in my single life, and I don't long for it like some people do.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:02 AM
Team Owner

P.S.
I don't need a shrink
FWIW, I feel that you should talk to someone one on one. Talk to your priest. And talk to your parents. See what they say. If you plan on eventually getting married, I feel then most of them will tell you that they admire what you are thinking about doing. But more than likely, they will probably tell you some level of intimicy is good. If they don't, I would say that they are lying.

At least reading that one line, it seems like you just need to get comfortable enough. What makes life worth living are the experiences you have. Do not prevent yourself from living.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:14 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 71 Likes on 28 Posts
My parents do not force this on me. The have no idea of what I think. And the reason for not kissing would not be for because I am afraid of going to far.( Although this could be a problem for some people) I may have messed up on what I typed or something that led people to believe that. And I dont understand for the people bashing me, but hey its a forum. You make it seem like I am a terrible person, when I am a genuinely nice guy.
I was just asking to see if there was anyone out there that had tried this?
P.S.
I don't need a shrink
My closest cousin is a Christian minister and married someone from his church. He said they never even kissed until they got married because they wanted to remain pure and have a special honeymoon. I honestly don't fully understand their decision but it worked for them because they BOTH have the same religious beliefs.

You didn't give me the impression that you are dating someone in particular. All these inquiries are just hypothetical questions, right? And if the idea of not kissing before marriage is not due to religious beliefs nor to fear of being emotionally vulnerable, then you are just worrying over nothing. Man, just cross the bridge when you get there.

You also said that you think you feel you're violating a woman if you kiss her. Well, if a girl doesn't want to kiss you, you'll definitely know because she'll avoid it, push you away, or slap you. And if she really likes you, she'll kiss you back or she'll actually initiate the kiss. Remember, kissing is an expression of affection and does not necessarily lead to sex. True, it puts down your guard and may lead to petting and other things. But if both parties have self-control, then it does not have to end in sex.

You know what? Date a real woman first and then let us know how you feel.

Oh, and good luck!
Old 06-11-2008, 08:23 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree with it though

I think this kid is full of shit and is in denial
Old 06-11-2008, 08:28 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Mizouse
I've honestly never even heard of withholding kissing until marriage until now.

+1
Old 06-11-2008, 08:29 AM
Quarterlife Crisis....

Received 108 Likes on 84 Posts
I dont think its a religious thing, i just think he's scared of falling in love and then getting his heart broken...

Dude, ur taking the road less traveled...because no one has ever traveled on that road before....
Old 06-11-2008, 09:29 AM
Not Asian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BEETROOT

Sounds like someone is so revolting that a woman won't kiss him so now he makes an excuse saying that he's saving himself.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:33 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think the fact that he has not dated clearly makes this a social issue, more than a religious one. There is definitely fear of intimacy here. Any mention of religion is meant to mask that. At 21, by not having dated, had sex, or even kissed is putting him far behind on the social calendar in today's society.

Worth mentioning here is the fact that most of the women you run up against won't have this same problem, and will be reluctant to take on a social misfit or a rookie kisser with no confidence. Kissing is a way to channel emotion between two people. Far more intimate than intercourse. A way of establishing a connection. In other words...you won't know how to let her know how you feel in this way. But you might fall in love with the first average kisser because you have no grounds for comparison. So you need to get this important step on the social ladder if relationships are important to you. Some how, some way you missed the boat that sailed back when with "Kabota and a girl, sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g."

You need to grow, know and learn how to communicate and express your feelings to a woman. We have evolved as a society. We don't hit them over the head with a club anymore or stone them in the town square if they cheat on us. We should, but we don't. Hahahahaha!

I think you are scared of women and don't know how to approach them. By getting the thumbs up on waiting until married from us, it would validate one of your excuses. You get none here. Be a man. Handle it, or as I said before in the last post, you will get pushed aside for the guy who does.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Suzuka Master

Im just wondering why all of a sudden now you decided to post this.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:55 AM
Earth-bound misfit

Received 608 Likes on 312 Posts
Originally Posted by SakiGT
Im just wondering why all of a sudden now you decided to post this.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
I agree with it though

I think this kid is full of shit and is in denial
Most definitely. I was laughing at what amisconception said, but my comment under it was directed to the OP.

It's crazy not to kiss before marriage. I could understand if you want to hold off kissing the chocolate starfish until you tie the knot, but abstaining from plain old kissing is just crazy.

If kissing has to wait, what are the "bases" now?
1st base - eye contact?
2nd base - talking?
3rd base - holding hands?
Home plate - the kiss?
Old 06-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Pro

I feel like a whore! haha not really you would have to find a girl just crazy conservative as you otherwise the relationship reach marriage. You might get through 2-3 dates and thats it then your just a friend to her.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:03 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Nope, dating would be more like:

1st base - eye contact
2nd base - giggling
3rd base - note saying will you be my girl?
Home plate - holding hands

There is no kissing remember.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Quarterlife Crisis....

Received 108 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by tsxgoogs
I feel like a whore! haha not really you would have to find a girl just crazy conservative as you otherwise the relationship reach marriage. You might get through 2-3 dates and thats it then your just a friend to her.
So does 99.9% of a-zine right about now
Old 06-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Team Owner

Received 3,863 Likes on 2,030 Posts
Originally Posted by gr8ness97
So does 99.9% of a-zine right about now
Including miz.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:30 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

LOL @ miz saying even I kiss! Hahahaha! (you did say that right?)

I think that any woman dude approaches is going to think he is on the "dl" when he says he doesn't kiss. He might want to correct his list:

Women, before marriage:

1) No being alone with
2) No touching
3) No kissing
4) No sex

Because in his world, 1-4 they lead to each other...
Old 06-11-2008, 10:37 AM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by Mizouse
I've honestly never even heard of withholding kissing until marriage until now.

I saw the thread title and thought it must be a typo. Just wow

To the OP: What do your friends/family think about this?
Old 06-11-2008, 11:09 AM
an asshole from florida

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I dont see much of a problem with it, i know where youre coming from and i have known people who have done this. I, personally am holding off sex til marriage. I screwed up the kissing thing but then again i dont think im THAT religious. Youll find someone who wants to hold out til marriage though, it may be a long time but youll find her.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:01 PM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by invisiblewar
I dont see much of a problem with it, i know where youre coming from and i have known people who have done this. I, personally am holding off sex til marriage. I screwed up the kissing thing but then again i dont think im THAT religious. Youll find someone who wants to hold out til marriage though, it may be a long time but youll find her.
What possible benefits are there to any of this?
Old 06-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Advanced

I think the holding off on the physical aspect of a relationship is geared mostly towards the hopeless romantic or someone who is extremely traditional.

Do what you are comfortable doing when you are comfortable doing it.
*Not rocket science*.

If you can find a girl who believes the same as you, go ahead.

However the 1 thing worth repeating as many people on this board are alluding to:

We live in the real/modern world. Marriage is 'supposed' to be a permanent although I don't even know if that is the norm. 100 years down the road marriages could be completely abnormal.

Once you are married (I'm assuming you are against divorce), there is no turning back. What happens if you and your spouse are unhappy with the physical aspect of the relationship? Either:

1) You both accept the 'underwhelming physical activity' because in theory you have to both be married and divorce is unacceptable.

2) Once or both of you look elsewhere for what's missing in the relationship.

To me, none of these are worth aspiring for. I respect that you don't want to be a male-whore (unlike many ppl on the board haha), but you will only know what you like by trying a couple times.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by invisiblewar
So, basically you guys are also saying that the person you end up with needs to also share this view with you? That's really shutting a lot of people out of your life because they were more open to things than you are.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Let's Go Pens

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The only way you'll find someone to marry you without kissing is if you sign up for mail-order bridge service
Old 06-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Bent = #1

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
You guys holding out until marriage.. don't you have a fucking sex drive?!? I don't see how you can wait until marriage that is unreal IMO.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
no kissing?!
Old 06-11-2008, 01:42 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Most definitely. I was laughing at what amisconception said, but my comment under it was directed to the OP.

It's crazy not to kiss before marriage. I could understand if you want to hold off kissing the chocolate starfish until you tie the knot, but abstaining from plain old kissing is just crazy.

If kissing has to wait, what are the "bases" now?
1st base - eye contact?
2nd base - talking?
3rd base - holding hands?
Home plate - the kiss?

@ the chocolate starfish.

:ibheaskswhatachocolatestarfishis:
Old 06-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,863 Likes on 2,030 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
@ the chocolate starfish.

:ibheaskswhatachocolatestarfishis:
I'm humming "Brown-Eyed Girl".
Old 06-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Race Director

religion , the destroyer of common sense.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
So, basically you guys are also saying that the person you end up with needs to also share this view with you? That's really shutting a lot of people out of your life because they were more open to things than you are.
Thats not even my problem with it.

So you find a person who meets your standards. No kissing before marriage, fine.

After you get married, its no longer an issue.

When considering someone for marriage I would think other things would be MORE important than that. Children? Finances? Common Intrests? Communication styles? So many other things are more important than the OPs concerns that assuming you find the girl of your dreams thats never made out with someone - the chances that the other things would click into place are just slim to freaking none.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:01 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
I mean conservative in that I play it very safe(not sure I can describe it, just my personality) and yes I am a Christian. I would not try to force this on anyone. However my beliefs do play a role in every decision I make. wndrlst you do make a good point.
Aside from the religious part. I would almost feel guilty for trying to kiss a girl. Kinda like I violated her somehow.
BAD NEWS:

YOU ARE GAY!
Old 06-11-2008, 03:02 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Originally Posted by RMATIC09
religion , the destroyer of common sense.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:03 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

He'll end up dating and then marrying the 13 year old that goes to the same church. Have 3 kids and then divorce by 20 because they have nothing in common and don't find each other attractive.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 1killercls
BAD NEWS:

YOU ARE GAY!

Old 06-11-2008, 03:27 PM
wut.

._. I don't see a problem with OP.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:45 PM

Received 2,773 Likes on 1,976 Posts