Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Trusting a girl

Old 07-07-2004, 08:43 PM
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ugh. you remind me of the seinfeld episode where no matter what elaine said to the other woman, all the guys started saying meeeooow at her, and saying she was going to get into a cat fight.

ever seen that one?
Old 07-07-2004, 08:44 PM
Above n Beyond

Received 132 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by SilviaGTO
A lot of them on here have been cheated on and have had their hearts trampled on
thats for sure. got out of a 3 yr relationship about 4 months ago and ive never been so crushed in my life. we werent thinking marriage or anything, fuck im 22 not 42, but i didnt think we wouldve ended.

anyway, so i was with her for 3 yrs and i had almost 100% trust with this girl, but not completely just because the relationship i was in before this one she cheated on me.

so now i always go into relationships expecting the unexpected and it turns out to be fine.

so i would say yes it does take trust to make a relationship work, but not 100%.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:45 PM
Above n Beyond

Received 132 Likes on 50 Posts
ugh. you remind me of the seinfeld episode where no matter what elaine said to the other woman, all the guys started saying meeeooow at her, and saying she was going to get into a cat fight.

ever seen that one?
no but thats the reason why i put that up there rofl
Old 07-07-2004, 08:47 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by UNCTYPE-S
no but thats the reason why i put that up there rofl

you should see it. like all these guys were making fun of the new girl, and they were all laughing, but then elaine chimed in, and they were like, oh ouch, meeoooow, what was that for?

and no matter what she did after that they all meowed at her.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:14 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its simple folks... just don't trust anyhing or anyone that blinks, walks, talks, move, jump, skip or even breath. don't trust anything or anyone period. that way your always prepared, u don't get hurt and you don't get hurt. simple.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 71 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by SIR_EL
its simple folks... just don't trust anyhing or anyone that blinks, walks, talks, move, jump, skip or even breath. don't trust anything or anyone period. that way your always prepared, u don't get hurt and you don't get hurt. simple.
But you can't experience happiness with that kind of wall around you
Old 07-08-2004, 12:06 AM
Ricky: Drugs > Football

as long as you keep them satisfied in the bedroom they have less reason to cheat. anyway i dont know if you can trust a girl 100% ever. I'm very happy right now with who i'm with and i trust her, but its natural to feel a little insecure.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:27 AM
Go Noles!

so you give neg reps because you didnt clarify enough what you meant by exploring in a relationship.

favor returned. kthnx.
no, i gave you neg reps b/c i don't agree w/ what you said. plus the fact that you seemingly make a point to disagree with everything i've said in the offtopic dating forum so far... and not to mention the neg reps you gave me for something on some other random post you disagreed with what i said.

and come on people, shut up with the meows. that's :ghey:
Old 07-08-2004, 12:30 AM
Drifting

Old 07-08-2004, 09:22 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by supermegaglossy
no, i gave you neg reps b/c i don't agree w/ what you said. plus the fact that you seemingly make a point to disagree with everything i've said in the offtopic dating forum so far... and not to mention the neg reps you gave me for something on some other random post you disagreed with what i said.

and come on people, shut up with the meows. that's :ghey:
You flatter yourself if you think I go out of my way to disagree with 'everything' youve said in the dating forum. Ive only disagreed with you on a couple posts, and you have a lot of posts in here.. so everything is a slight exaggeration, dont you think?

But you know, hey, whatever, if you really think women are innocent trustful creatures and my version of them is way off base, then okie dokie, ill take that neg rep point. And since you claim that is what it is for, ill give you pos rep points to cancel out my neg.

Edit: as soon as im able to give you points again.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:29 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
the vast majority of women suck complete ass.
I find most of them avoid the ass altogether, and if you got one that does suck on the leather cheerio you probably don't want her after really thinking about it.

Also,

There are girls on this board who I would not trust one bit based on their contibutions to this forum.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:31 AM
Race Director

leather cheerio
Old 07-08-2004, 09:31 AM
Masshole

Old 07-08-2004, 09:37 AM
Race Director

Thats how I live. wise words.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:44 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thats how I live. wise words.
That's no way to live, and if you find comfort in living that way w/ one eye open as you lay on the mattress you will never be at peace with yourself. My general rule about relationships is if you break my trust and I find out, the relationship is over. No lovey dovey 3 month drag out drama breakups it's simply over, you are dead to me, nothing more. While it's very hard to be that cold about these things it also ensures that my partner knows the rules when it comes to these things. The only exception to this rule is if she was to come to me and be honest about it upfront and show me genuine remorse I may be pissed but I would be happy to have been not made a fool of and I would respect her honesty as a sign of truly being sorry. We've already been through a situation like this once (in the 6 years we have been together) on both sides and we still love and trust each other.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:54 AM
Race Director

hmm. Well as far as my fiance goes, i never really count him as other people.. I trust him completely, but hes the only one.

I just meant in general, trusting no one is a GOOD rule.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:42 AM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It sucks that in order to really care for someone, you have to put yourself out a limb sometimes. Just be secure in who you are, and give her a chance. If she fucks it up, move on to the next one. If she's not worth trusting, she's not worth dating, or caring about....and never worth loving.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:21 AM
Drifting

hmm. Well as far as my fiance goes, i never really count him as other people.. I trust him completely, but hes the only one.

I just meant in general, trusting no one is a GOOD rule.
fiance? and you are only 20? what is this world coming to?
Old 07-08-2004, 11:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by eclipse23
That's no way to live, and if you find comfort in living that way w/ one eye open as you lay on the mattress you will never be at peace with yourself. My general rule about relationships is if you break my trust and I find out, the relationship is over. No lovey dovey 3 month drag out drama breakups it's simply over, you are dead to me, nothing more. While it's very hard to be that cold about these things it also ensures that my partner knows the rules when it comes to these things. The only exception to this rule is if she was to come to me and be honest about it upfront and show me genuine remorse I may be pissed but I would be happy to have been not made a fool of and I would respect her honesty as a sign of truly being sorry. We've already been through a situation like this once (in the 6 years we have been together) on both sides and we still love and trust each other.
Exactly!

That's my way of thinking too. Each new relationship should be given a chance. It grows when both individuals are open about themselves and trust each other. When that mutual trust is respected, you'll always be happy and at peace...

Of course when the trust is broken, it's better to just end it right away then drag it on since absence of trust will eventually ruin the relationship anyway.

Eclipse23 rules!!!
Old 07-08-2004, 12:12 PM
Cause stock sux.

Originally Posted by BEETROOT

never trust anyone outside of family, actually.
I trust my friends more that 50% of my extended family.

As for girls...I call it emotional imbalance. They say one thing and do another. And when you ask them why they did it they go "I can't explain it...its just how I feel."

Never trust something that bleeds for 3 days and doesn't die.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:25 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by sasha
Of course when the trust is broken, it's better to just end it right away then drag it on since absence of trust will eventually ruin the relationship anyway.
I think that if your significant other cheats on you, you have to decide whether or not to end it then. If you decide to stay with someone after they cheat on you, you can't dwell on it. You need to get over it, or move on.

Good point....rep points awarded!
Old 07-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by eclipse23
I find most of them avoid the ass altogether, and if you got one that does suck on the leather cheerio you probably don't want her after really thinking about it.

Also,

There are girls on this board who I would not trust one bit based on their contibutions to this forum.

balloon knot as well...

That's how you show a girl you love her, eat her ass after a 25mile bike ride.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:57 PM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
well if only moving on was easy
Old 07-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by evilstorm
fiance? and you are only 20? what is this world coming to?
I just found what I wanted early in life. ive been with him for 4 years, and were not getting married for another year or two, so ive got plenty of time to change my mind, if i were to do so.

Im perfectly happy and content with the relationship I have, i have no need to lose that just to play that retarded game of dating.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:22 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by amisconception
well if only moving on was easy
moving on? youre not with her now?
Old 07-08-2004, 03:29 PM
werd

moving on? youre not with her now?
no, i mean... people are saying 'well if she breaks your trust, just move on, just end it'

i don't think that's the easiest thing in the world... i'm not saying i wouldn't do it... but for me it isn't that easy
Old 07-08-2004, 03:30 PM
werd

I just found what I wanted early in life. ive been with him for 4 years, and were not getting married for another year or two, so ive got plenty of time to change my mind, if i were to do so.

Im perfectly happy and content with the relationship I have, i have no need to lose that just to play that retarded game of dating.
what about sexually?

what about being in a foreign country with buff dudes who'd want to bang you being there without your bf? could you resist? put yourself in that position...
Old 07-08-2004, 03:34 PM
Race Director

sexually, yes, he gives me everything i want.. im not suffering there.

i wouldnt cheat on him, i dont do that.

ive already been put in the position where i was seriously attracted to someone else who reciprocated the feelings and probably could have taken it further, but just some casual sex isnt worth screwing over what I have with my fiance. I just told the guy i dont play like that and that our friendship is just that..
Old 07-08-2004, 03:36 PM
Race Director

that and i dont like being touched at all by anyone besides joe so the idea of some strange buff guy touching me is icky.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:33 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by TypeSKid
All women will cheat. They are just as bad as us guys. If you think for a second that they are as faithful or more faithful than us (the good guys), then u minds well step out the game.

Is that why you take the lead and cheat on your women?
Old 07-08-2004, 04:55 PM
Race Director

bwahaha. good first post.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:59 PM
2004 Euro Cup Champions

just cheat yourself. this way if anything does happen, you're in the clear!
Old 07-08-2004, 05:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by dets

So hurting other people first makes things better? Sorry dude, but I don't get the logic here
Old 07-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by sasha
So hurting other people first makes things better? Sorry dude, but I don't get the logic here

This is usually seen in people who have trust issues given to them by a parent abandoning them or something on the side of a road as a kid. Their theory is to push the other person away so that they don't get hurt to begin with, but in the end they both suffer.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:41 PM
Cause stock sux.

that and i dont like being touched at all by anyone besides joe so the idea of some strange buff guy touching me is icky.
Awww...Thanx Racheal.

j/k
Old 07-08-2004, 10:42 PM
werd

Originally Posted by anothercls
This is usually seen in people who have trust issues given to them by a parent abandoning them or something on the side of a road as a kid. Their theory is to push the other person away so that they don't get hurt to begin with, but in the end they both suffer.
are you a psychologist?
Old 07-08-2004, 10:54 PM
Race Director

I didn't read everything posted here but I'm surprised no one has mentioned putting the fear of death in someone to keep them faithful. Happens more often than you think.....
Old 07-09-2004, 07:46 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by amisconception
are you a psychologist?

Nope....
Old 07-09-2004, 09:52 AM
Cause stock sux.

This reminds me of Meet the Parents.

Dad: "Focker...can you trust people? I mean...can you REALLY trust anyone?"
Greg: "Yea...I'd like to think so."
Dad: "No Focker...The answer is no."
Old 07-09-2004, 10:44 AM
It's not over yet

Originally Posted by dets
he didn't say to cheat and tell her you are cheating(thereby hurting ur partner). he said u should cheat first and not get caught, just in case ur partner does cheat.

Quick Reply: Trusting a girl