Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

So I think I may have given my ex the wrong idea this weekend

Old 08-10-2004, 02:57 PM
Who's the masta?!...I AM!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I think I may have given my ex the wrong idea this weekend

In fact now that I think about it, it was plan orchestrated by her only only two friends to try to get us back together and by the time I realized what was going on I had already committed to it and now I am gonna have to hurt her feelings again. Here's what happened:

Her roommate graduated from college in the Summer session and her graduation was this past Saturday. She invited me from about a month ago and I said yeah, since her roommate is just like her and has almost zero friends at school even though they lived on campus and went to the same college for 4 years .

Friday Night:
I decided to spend Friday night at their apartment because I knew I wouldn't want to make to 1.5hr drive to make in time for the 10am graduation. As I pull into Huntsville I am hungry and being the polite person I am I call her to see if she is hungry too, of course she is because anytime I am with her she is always fucking hungry, I buy us both some Wendy's. So, me her, and her roomate end up spending the evening watching TV cracking jokes and what not, we all have a similar sense of humor so we always get along well. Anyway around 11 her roomate "has to go to her boyfriends house for something" aka she's giving me and Nicole some privacy so we can hookup. I was tired so I changed and got in the bed, my ex gets in with me and I know I could've banged her but I knew it wasn't right so I didn't, we went to bed nothing happened.

Saturday:
Next day all day we are hanging out at the graduation and the brunch afterwards (which I once again paid for both of us), she asks me if I want to check out Collateral with her and her best friend and her best friends boyfriend Sunday. I say yeah cuz I wanted to see the movie, then we went back to her apartment, i cleaned a virus off her computer and then I came back to Houston. Before I left she asked me what I was doing that night, I told her I was hanging with my boys, she said she was hanging with her girls and I could hang with them if I wanted to, I was like yeah right! her and her friends....wait I mean FRIEND, are the worst people to go clubbing with, her lack of social skills is one of the smaller reasons why we broke up. So we go to separate clubs, i didn't even know which one she went to, but of course at the end of the night Downtown while me and my boys are hanging out on the street talking to one of the club promoters we know, and any random hot chicks that walk by she rolls up and proceeds to camp out right with me and my friends. We ended up having to leave and go home because it was obvious that they were not gonna leave us alone. Furthermore her bestfriend pulls me to the side and is all like "Why don't you get back together with her she loves you"

Sunday:
We go see Collateral (which I once again pay for both of us), I am tired as fuck BTW. Because I haven't had a good nights sleep since Wednesday, so I am looking forward to going home after I drop her off from the movie. On the way to the movie predictably she asks if I already ate, because she knows if I am gonna get something to eat she gets something to eat, I was hungry as fuck but I was like "yeah I already ate at my aunt's house", greedy bitch, learn to cook. Her best friend goes to the movies with us, but as SOON as we get back to my ex's house her best friend is out of my car and in hers driving away like she stole something. Yet another obvious ploy to get my and my ex some alone time. I am sitting in the car and she asks me to walk her to the front door, so I oblige then i give her a quick hug. She complains about how weak the hug was, I say something about being tired and just wanting to go home, thankfully she says OK and goes inside.

Now yesterday I get a message on my phone from her. I told her that I had 4 free passes to a dinner cinema here in Houston, because last time I went they took a hour to bring me and my date our food so they gave me 4 free passes and took care of the tab. She calls me asking if she can use two of the passes to take her 12 year old brother to a movie.

I mean WTF?! You cheap bastard, we basically just spent the whole weekend together and AS USUAL I paid for every god damn thing and you never even offered as if I expected any different, and now you are calling to see if you can get MY free passes to take your brother out to the movies? OK sorry about the above, I just started thinking about how she got me to do all the things I hated doing when I was with her, which was pay for every friggin thing while she stands there looking like a sick puppy. I know she's in college but god damn you can't come up with $8?! Even after I told her I am going through some financial difficulties she still expects me to pay for everything, DIDN'T EVEN OFFER!

Anyway now that we have spent a weekend together pretty similar to what we did while we were together. I thinks she thinks we are on the road to getting back together and obviously that is not the case, so I don't know how to break it to her. i still ahven't returned her mooching ass voicemail yet. Sorry about the length.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:03 PM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Waddy

Anyway now that we have spent a weekend together pretty similar to what we did while we were together. I thinks he thinks we are on the road to getting back together and obviously that is not the case, so I don't know how to break it to her. i still ahven't returned her mooching ass voicemail yet. Sorry about the length.
freudian slip
Old 08-10-2004, 03:04 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
You gave her the movie passes didn't you.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by bkknight369
freudian slip
bastard

Soopa:
Heck no! In fact she just called and her told her and the bitch had the audacity to call me selfish!
Old 08-10-2004, 03:07 PM
Not Asian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I broke up with an ex for that same reason: didn't pay for shit or even offer. Yeah, sounds like she is trying to get back into your life. Just tell her that you already promised the tickets for someone else.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by phipark
I broke up with an ex for that same reason: didn't pay for shit or even offer. Yeah, sounds like she is trying to get back into your life. Just tell her that you already promised the tickets for someone else.
Man I guess it's time for no more Mr. Nice Guy. I am not a mean guy it is very hard for me to be mean to person, but the more I thought about the weekend the angrier I got, in fact I was typing my first post as she called so our convo went like this:

Her: Hey you busy
Me: yeah
Her: did you get my message about the passes
Me: Yeah
Her: So what do you think
Me: Ummmm, No.
Her: Why?
Me: Because they're mine.
Her: Wow I didn't think you were going to be so selfish about it
Me: When have I EVER been selfish to you?
Her: (pause) Well I mean it's just that I thought you wouldn't mind

**Up to this point I doing pretty decent with the mean stuff right? But in classic me fashion, I feel the need to explain my resoning so the persons feelings aren't too hurt**

Me: Why don't you just take him to regular theatre, that other place is more of a place for adults anyway, people are going to eating and watching the movie it's more for like a date
Her: Okay then, bye.
Me: Bye.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:36 PM
Kenpachi Teichou

say "no bitch no!" and then give her a purple mushroom
Old 08-10-2004, 03:39 PM
minibike wheelie king ;-)

Your suck an ass! I can't believe your complaining about having to pay for her while she is in college and you are selfish for not giving her the FREE tickets that you got. Neg rep points for you!!

j/k
I hate shit like that. My current g/f knows I'm a cheap bastard! It's cool cause sometimes she pays and sometimes I pay. She knows that I don't like spending money on expensive resturants (places where the cost of the cheapest plate is over $50 is expensive to me) so if she suggets & invites me then she pays.

Just ignore her phone calls and be short with her on the phone when you do talk to her and let her down easy. Tell her that you just don't feel comfortable around her. Let her know that you still care about her but it just doesn't feel the same. Oh yeah...which ex girl is it?!?!?!?
Old 08-10-2004, 03:42 PM
Pit Stop?

When you see this thread from ramblings, all you can read is "I think I have given my ex......."

I so thought you gave her an STD. Sorry I didn't have anything to contribute, I just found it funny.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Gixxster
Oh yeah...which ex girl is it?!?!?!?
My most recent one, this one:

Old 08-10-2004, 04:12 PM
Kenpachi Teichou

just tell her "I no want relationship. I just want BANG BANG BANG!" -- Group X
Old 08-10-2004, 04:44 PM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
you said it all:

mean WTF?! You cheap bastard, we basically just spent the whole weekend together and AS USUAL I paid for every god damn thing and you never even offered as if I expected any different, and now you are calling to see if you can get MY free passes to take your brother out to the movies?
that was directed at her, just tell her that, at this point i don't see why you're saving her feelings... and why are you trying to keep up a "friendship" with this girl when you know what's going to happen?
Old 08-10-2004, 04:52 PM

I guess I feel sorry for her, she doesn't have many friends in fact her roommate moved back to Dallas after graduation and apart from the roommate her only other friend is her best friend from high school.

I guess I'd just hoped that I could be her friend, you know help guide her because she doesn't really have anybody who can do that for her.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:56 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Minch00
When you see this thread from ramblings, all you can read is "I think I have given my ex......."

I so thought you gave her an STD. Sorry I didn't have anything to contribute, I just found it funny.

Yeah... thats how I ended up in here... saw that and thought i was bout to get an interesting story
Old 08-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Instructor

you could still be her friend just dont pay for her stuff nemore... buy your stuff first and just wait for her to pay for her shit...
Old 08-10-2004, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by GhEnGisTaHN
you could still be her friend just dont pay for her stuff nemore... buy your stuff first and just wait for her to pay for her shit...
I kind of went off on a tangent with the money thing, thats the last time that happens, from here on if we ever hang out again she is on her own.

The real topic was that by hanging out with her all weekend kind of like we were together again I may have given her the wrong idea that there is hope we could be getting back together.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:28 PM
roomate has a CL too

lol I didn't think you were black... totally wrong impression of you lol.... sorry texas I was thinking you were some skinny white dude... lol sorry off topic but no problems nothing wrong with that I just was thinking stupid.

Seems there are a lot of threads where the bottom line is financial situations here. The way I figure it... if I had a decent amount of money where if I paid for everything everytime I/we went out and I had no problems paying the bills afterward then life would be a lot more fun and things would be a lot easier...

Not the case.

So I guess money matters in this world... no matter how much we don't want it to be or try to not make it; it comes back to bite you in the ass.

sorry to hear Waddy. break it to her real soon since it can only get worse and you can only feel more like an ass.

GL2U
Old 08-10-2004, 07:25 PM
Racer

I see this as a simple solution. You don't want to be with her.

So, why bother spending that much time with her?

The more you hang out with her, and the more she expects you to pay for everything, the more uncomfortable you will feel.

Frankly, the girl does not look that bad. From what you described, I expected to see a picture of a thick ugly chick.

Also, not cool to post her picture!

So, my advice would be to take her to a nice place where you can explain to her your intentions - or lack there of.

Either way, you are not that unlucky. Unlucky would be if you were in the opposite position.

Be precise, and courteous at the same time. Leave her with a good impression of you.

FYI, most girls will expect you to pay for EVERYTHING.

Maybe it's because I am Latin, and that is our tradition - but if we don't have enough money to blow on a nice date, we just don't go out.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:06 PM
Above n Beyond

Received 132 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabo3k
So, my advice would be to take her to a nice place where you can explain to her your intentions - or lack there of.
and let her pay her own way this time.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:59 PM

Gabo3k

Her problem isn't appearance it's personality shes kind of a wallflower very introverted so she doesn't ahve many friends and thusly she latched on to me, we were together for two years and obviously she has way more invested in me emotionally that I do her.

As far as paying I don't mind either, thats how I was raised. But we are no longer dating, she should be paying her own way or at least offering to do so.

I haven't been spending that much time with her like I said in my first post, in retrospect I now see that between her roommate and her best friend it was plan to get me to spend the weekend with her and it worked, this weekend was the first time I have seen her on consecutive days since we broke up in March.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:42 PM
EVO IX MR

Dude, you didn't even sleep with her, you are under absolutely NO obligation to get back together. Yeah, she's pretty fine, but she sounds like a princess and a major pain in the ass and sometimes it's just not worth it. Tell her straight up man you do NOT want a relationship. From the title I thought you banged her all weekend and then left her at the bus stop!! That might warrant some obligation, but sounded like she was baiting and stalking you all weekend, and you yourself put you in some of those situations, ie staying at their apt., going to the movies w/ them, going out to eat together, etc. So make it easy and avoid putting yourself in those circumstances.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:13 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
no offense, you seem kinda weak. If you don't wanna be with her .... LEAVE. You are living in this pseudo relationship. You are not "obligated" to pay for. Make her pay for herself. Isn't that what you would do with your buddies? She is just a freind, right? As hard as it is to believe...she will survive without you. Trust me. You are not her saviour...unless you want to be. Not trying to be harsh, but after reading your original post you look like you need a slap in the back of the head. You are creating this situation and letting it linger on. Move on.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:32 AM
Burning Brakes

she's pretty hot
Old 08-12-2004, 10:42 AM
Drifting

In fact now that I think about it, it was plan orchestrated by her only only two friends to try to get us back together and by the time I realized what was going on I had already committed to it and now I am gonna have to hurt her feelings again. Here's what happened:

Her roommate graduated from college in the Summer session and her graduation was this past Saturday. She invited me from about a month ago and I said yeah, since her roommate is just like her and has almost zero friends at school even though they lived on campus and went to the same college for 4 years .

Friday Night:
I decided to spend Friday night at their apartment because I knew I wouldn't want to make to 1.5hr drive to make in time for the 10am graduation. As I pull into Huntsville I am hungry and being the polite person I am I call her to see if she is hungry too, of course she is because anytime I am with her she is always fucking hungry, I buy us both some Wendy's. So, me her, and her roomate end up spending the evening watching TV cracking jokes and what not, we all have a similar sense of humor so we always get along well. Anyway around 11 her roomate "has to go to her boyfriends house for something" aka she's giving me and Nicole some privacy so we can hookup. I was tired so I changed and got in the bed, my ex gets in with me and I know I could've banged her but I knew it wasn't right so I didn't, we went to bed nothing happened.

Saturday:
Next day all day we are hanging out at the graduation and the brunch afterwards (which I once again paid for both of us), she asks me if I want to check out Collateral with her and her best friend and her best friends boyfriend Sunday. I say yeah cuz I wanted to see the movie, then we went back to her apartment, i cleaned a virus off her computer and then I came back to Houston. Before I left she asked me what I was doing that night, I told her I was hanging with my boys, she said she was hanging with her girls and I could hang with them if I wanted to, I was like yeah right! her and her friends....wait I mean FRIEND, are the worst people to go clubbing with, her lack of social skills is one of the smaller reasons why we broke up. So we go to separate clubs, i didn't even know which one she went to, but of course at the end of the night Downtown while me and my boys are hanging out on the street talking to one of the club promoters we know, and any random hot chicks that walk by she rolls up and proceeds to camp out right with me and my friends. We ended up having to leave and go home because it was obvious that they were not gonna leave us alone. Furthermore her bestfriend pulls me to the side and is all like "Why don't you get back together with her she loves you"

Sunday:
We go see Collateral (which I once again pay for both of us), I am tired as fuck BTW. Because I haven't had a good nights sleep since Wednesday, so I am looking forward to going home after I drop her off from the movie. On the way to the movie predictably she asks if I already ate, because she knows if I am gonna get something to eat she gets something to eat, I was hungry as fuck but I was like "yeah I already ate at my aunt's house", greedy bitch, learn to cook. Her best friend goes to the movies with us, but as SOON as we get back to my ex's house her best friend is out of my car and in hers driving away like she stole something. Yet another obvious ploy to get my and my ex some alone time. I am sitting in the car and she asks me to walk her to the front door, so I oblige then i give her a quick hug. She complains about how weak the hug was, I say something about being tired and just wanting to go home, thankfully she says OK and goes inside.

Now yesterday I get a message on my phone from her. I told her that I had 4 free passes to a dinner cinema here in Houston, because last time I went they took a hour to bring me and my date our food so they gave me 4 free passes and took care of the tab. She calls me asking if she can use two of the passes to take her 12 year old brother to a movie.

I mean WTF?! You cheap bastard, we basically just spent the whole weekend together and AS USUAL I paid for every god damn thing and you never even offered as if I expected any different, and now you are calling to see if you can get MY free passes to take your brother out to the movies? OK sorry about the above, I just started thinking about how she got me to do all the things I hated doing when I was with her, which was pay for every friggin thing while she stands there looking like a sick puppy. I know she's in college but god damn you can't come up with $8?! Even after I told her I am going through some financial difficulties she still expects me to pay for everything, DIDN'T EVEN OFFER!

Anyway now that we have spent a weekend together pretty similar to what we did while we were together. I thinks she thinks we are on the road to getting back together and obviously that is not the case, so I don't know how to break it to her. i still ahven't returned her mooching ass voicemail yet. Sorry about the length.
Question: Does just a tiny, tiny part of you hope to get back with her? Because personally you sure are ringing her alot to just be "friends". Second, you sound like a sweet guy paying for literally everything but that is not fair to you. Even while in college, she should still be paying for some dinners/movies out. You paying for everything is really pushing it. If your going to continue hanging out as "friends" you need to tell her "look you are not a bank and to come off of some cash some time while you guys are "just chillin"" if not your going to continue to get annoyed and it's only going to build up. Just my
Old 08-12-2004, 12:09 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Why I wondered in here I don't know, but after reading Loseit, I couldn't agree more.

She's a Wallflower you say and that she has more "emotional investment" in you than you do in her. That may be true, so your just making it harder on her then aren't you?

If you don't want to be with her, cut it off, leave. You're making it worse on both of you.

Originally Posted by Loseit
no offense, you seem kinda weak. If you don't wanna be with her .... LEAVE. You are living in this pseudo relationship. You are not "obligated" to pay for. Make her pay for herself. Isn't that what you would do with your buddies? She is just a freind, right? As hard as it is to believe...she will survive without you. Trust me. You are not her saviour...unless you want to be. Not trying to be harsh, but after reading your original post you look like you need a slap in the back of the head. You are creating this situation and letting it linger on. Move on.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:47 PM

I haven't been spending that much time with her like I said in my first post, in retrospect I now see that between her roommate and her best friend it was plan to get me to spend the weekend with her and it worked, this weekend was the first time I have seen her on consecutive days since we broke up in March.
Thanks for the additional comments, but some of you need to re-read this part of my last post.

It's not like we have been hanging out every weekend since I broke up with her. This was the first time since March that we have seen this much of each other, we had been avg. about 2 or 3 times a month of seeing or talking to each other since we broke up. So it was not until I had was about halfway through the weekend that I realized that her and her her friends had orchestrated "Operation get Waddy to spend some time with his ex".

For the last time, the paying thing was just me venting, again like I said it was one of the smaller reasons we broke up. And after this weekend it's obvious that fact didn't register with her because she still expects it even though we are not together. I was just venting because I was mad at her asking to use my comp movie tickets, it reminded me of just how selfish she can be.
Old 08-13-2004, 04:59 AM
Pro

YOU should have NEVER gone BACK for the movie on SUNDAY!! That sealed your fate dude....as far as having to pay for everything...you should have asked her for her half of the wendy's bill that first night...dude, you hung yourself!!
Old 08-13-2004, 01:58 PM

So anyway, after I told her no on the comp tickets on Monday she called me back on Tuesday night. I didn't answer so she left a message that went like this:

Ex-Girl: Hey it's about 6:40, I'm supposed to meet some friends at 7:30 and I was in the neighborhood so I just seeing if I could stop by and hang out for a bit......anyway thats all.....I won't bother you anymore......bye.

Hey sue me for having a heart alright, but she sounded so sad. Anyway I havent called her back, I am just gonna let it burn for her. But at what point do I at least give her a call just to say wassup and make sure she didn't commit suicide?
Old 08-13-2004, 04:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 71 Likes on 28 Posts
So anyway, after I told her no on the comp tickets on Monday she called me back on Tuesday night. I didn't answer so she left a message that went like this:

Ex-Girl: Hey it's about 6:40, I'm supposed to meet some friends at 7:30 and I was in the neighborhood so I just seeing if I could stop by and hang out for a bit......anyway thats all.....I won't bother you anymore......bye.

Hey sue me for having a heart alright, but she sounded so sad. Anyway I havent called her back, I am just gonna let it burn for her. But at what point do I at least give her a call just to say wassup and make sure she didn't commit suicide?
She still wants to hang out with you after the ticket incident?! Sounds like she might still be in love with you...
Old 08-13-2004, 05:14 PM
Suzuka Master

If she goes off and committs suicide her friends will call you, errrr....one friend will.
Old 08-13-2004, 05:25 PM
minibike wheelie king ;-)

Originally Posted by anothercls
If she goes off and committs suicide her friends will call you, errrr....one friend will.
so wrong yet so funny
Old 08-13-2004, 05:28 PM

My most recent one, this one:

How did u get such a cute chic? I'd do her....

And your not obliged to anything. To hell with being nice. Make her pay. WTF?????

You still like her, that is whats up.....The cooch must be good....
Old 08-15-2004, 11:29 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Waddy, you like having her emotionally dependent on you. Plain and simple.
Old 08-15-2004, 12:26 PM
Race Director

shes using the female sympathy sad ploy at the end of the message. if she makes you think shes sad and depressed, youll call her. dont fall for it.
Old 08-15-2004, 03:24 PM
COME AT ME BRO!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by SilviaGTO
shes using the female sympathy sad ploy at the end of the message. if she makes you think shes sad and depressed, youll call her. dont fall for it.

she is trying to lay the old guilt trip on ya.. just stay your distance and hope some one else finds her and calls her their own.......
Old 08-15-2004, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by SilviaGTO
I haven't called her back, and the longer I don't call her the less guilty I am feeling.

Besides I've got too much other things on my plate at the moment to continue worrying about her feelings. I'm sorry she's hurting but the only way she's gonna get over me is for me to not be in her life in any way shape or form for a while.

The little doses I have been giving her since March and the big ass dose she got last weekend were mistakes on my part, and it's making accepting the break-up harder for her. She'll probably hate me for a hwile but I guess on some level thats a good thing.
Old 08-15-2004, 05:06 PM
Race Director

I agree. i think you gave yourself the best advice