Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

So, am I in there?

Old 04-30-2008 | 12:40 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by joerockt
I do appreciate all the serious comments. Though, it makes me wonder if some of you really have such a high moral fortitude that you would NEVER in your life consider cheating, even if the opportunity was handed to you on a plate. Unless you've been put into this situation, your moral high horse is just a crock of shit.
LOL...the average married person get's propositioned. You know, that's where we get that "they come out of the woodwork when we get attached" thing. It happened to me on a daily basis, where I worked at before, when I was married. I really don't care if someone on here cheats, including you...I don't, not my biz...do you...but call it what it is if you do tho...
Old 04-30-2008 | 12:45 AM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by fleshy
I'm certainly not a candidate for 'morals of the year'.. but I have been cheated on, so I know first hand that it's crap to do that to someone - if it's not working out with your SO, then end it, and pursue the person you have a connection with.. Don't damage the relationship further by being unfaithful ya know? I do agree with you - it's nice to feel wanted, and to know that you've still got that charm, wit.. and apparently small package. HAH! oamg.
I understand now where some of you are coming from. Yes, I can TOTALLY relate because I was cheated on by my GF of 4 years in HS. So I know what its like to be on the receiving end. It sucks and I almost committed murder when I found out. But it turned out for the best in the long run. So in that sense, the act of cheating was a means for ending things, which was not a bad thing.

What was mentioned above was the only time I ever did the deed. Did I feel good about it? Of course not. In fact we only hooked up twice and eventually we both agreed that we love who we were with. So, in a way these things can help solidify a relationship. Is it the right thing to do to another person? I think we know the answer to that...

I'm by no means a religious person (raised Catholic), but I sure feel like I'm being tested...
Old 04-30-2008 | 12:52 AM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by darksom1
EDIT:

Just read what you wrote Joe...

You said probable, so you still rank as scum if your wife read this. You gotta remember playboy, it's only ok if your wife approves. Otherwise, it's cheating - unhappy or otherwise...
Not going to happen, but if it did...Oh well...How can you get mad at someone that thinks about these things on a daily basis?? There is another woman at work that I am good friends with. My wife knows this, and she knows I have a crush on her. Does she care? No, because she trusts me...

You're flat out LYING if you say you dont think about sex with anyone other then your SO. Man or woman, we all do it.
Old 04-30-2008 | 12:58 AM
werd

What's funny is that not once did I actually say I would go through with this. Actually go down the path of cheating. Its simply an opportunity at this point. So would I actually go through with this? There is a very high probability that I won't.

Is it my fault that I connected with another woman? And how often does that really happen to any of us? I guess it really is simply the fact that the opportunity is there, and its exciting. Is that not human nature?

The biggest problem I see with this is the fact that not only does she work in the same office as me, I really don't know her that well, which is a huge risk in itself. And its the main reason why I wouldn't do it. A while back before I was married, I did the same thing and hooked up with a girl at work. We both had significant others, but we knew neither of us would ever go further then what it was. Hell, I was even at her eventual wedding to the same guy...But, I really knew this person and connected with her on a very deep level.

I'm not going to get into reasons. But I will say this: I love my wife, but its nice to know that my wit and humor can still bag one. That's all.

I do appreciate all the serious comments. Though, it makes me wonder if some of you really have such a high moral fortitude that you would NEVER in your life consider cheating, even if the opportunity was handed to you on a plate. Unless you've been put into this situation, your moral high horse is just a crock of shit.
No, you never said you would go through with it, but their certainly was an implication that you might. Personally, I'm glad you're not doing it. I've known plenty of people who have cheated, and I know why it's happened with them, and the unforeseen consequences that have come about as a result. It's safer to not cheat and not have to worry about variables you can't foresee like a jealous boyfriend.
Old 04-30-2008 | 01:00 AM
werd

I understand now where some of you are coming from. Yes, I can TOTALLY relate because I was cheated on by my GF of 4 years in HS. So I know what its like to be on the receiving end. It sucks and I almost committed murder when I found out.
That's exactly why you don't cheat - or sleep with a girl that has a S/O. Forget morals. This is good enough.
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

In fact we only hooked up twice and eventually we both agreed that we love who we were with. So, in a way these things can help solidify a relationship.
Joe: Baby guess what...
Wife: Yes dear...
Joe: I was gonna fuck this chick at work, but we decided against it because we both love who we're with...
Wife: (as she throws something at you) You ain't shit! Get the fuck out you asshole! (or something to that effect)

Real talk:

Cheating is not just fucking someone other than your significant other. If you go for quiet, semi-romantic drinks, walks or interludes with the "other person" or talk on the phone excessively or even text message/email sweet nothings to the other person - you are cheating! If you give another woman time and attention that you should otherwise reserve for your wife - you are cheating as well. Don't believe me, just strike up a casual conversation on the subject with your wife, or think, like you said, how you feel if you read something your wife wrote to another dude.

Again, I don't care if you do (though I don't condone it), but if you are going to come in here with it playboy, call it what it is!
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by amisconception
No, you never said you would go through with it, but their certainly was an implication that you might. Personally, I'm glad you're not doing it. I've known plenty of people who have cheated, and I know why it's happened with them, and the unforeseen consequences that have come about as a result. It's safer to not cheat and not have to worry about variables you can't foresee like a jealous boyfriend.
Yes, I agree. It is a dangerous game.
Old 04-30-2008 | 01:05 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Not going to happen, but if it did...Oh well...How can you get mad at someone that thinks about these things on a daily basis?? There is another woman at work that I am good friends with. My wife knows this, and she knows I have a crush on her. Does she care? No, because she trusts me...

You're flat out LYING if you say you dont think about sex with anyone other then your SO. Man or woman, we all do it.
Thinking about it is not cheating...acting on it is. If the wind blows my dick gets hard so thinking about fucking someone else is normal as fuck...but when I was married I wouldn't do it (not married now). Vows meant everything to me. So I got a divorce!

No, not because of that! hahahaha!
Old 04-30-2008 | 01:09 AM
werd

Real talk:

Cheating is not just fucking someone other than your significant other. If you go for quiet, semi-romantic drinks, walks or interludes with the "other person" or talk on the phone excessively or even text message/email sweet nothings to the other person - you are cheating! If you give another woman time and attention that you should otherwise reserve for your wife - you are cheating as well. Don't believe me, just strike up a casual conversation on the subject with your wife, or think, like you said, how you feel if you read something your wife wrote to another dude.
I wouldn't call that cheating, but I certainly wouldn't stand for it. It's simply my opinion that those things will eventually lead to cheating, and I'd rather not be around for the inevitable.

When I meet girls and there's a certain level of emotional intimacy, if that's bestowed on someone else, it tells me about the person I'm with. It's hard for me to classify it as cheating, but my entire opinion of that person changes, and I simply walk away.
Old 04-30-2008 | 01:11 AM
Just dial 1911

Joe: Baby guess what...
Wife: Yes dear...
Joe: I was gonna fuck this chick at work, but we decided against it because we both love who we're with...
Wife: (as she throws something at you) You ain't shit! Get the fuck out you asshole! (or something to that effect)

Real talk:

Again, I don't care if you do (though I don't condone it), but if you are going to come in here with it playboy, call it what it is!
Wow, you must have had some really bad relationships in the past or have never trusted anyone in your life or have had someone trust you. Beyond innocent flirting, I've done none of those things you mentioned.

Its pretty funny because it seems most men get their balls put in a jar when they get married. No one seems to believe me when I tell them thats no the case in my house. I married her because she lets me do what I want. Most of the time, I choose to be with her. But if I want to hang with a friend that day, no problem. And visa versa. Its a trust we've had for a long time now.
Old 04-30-2008 | 01:13 AM
Just dial 1911

Thinking about it is not cheating...acting on it is. If the wind blows my dick gets hard so thinking about fucking someone else is normal as fuck...but when I was married I wouldn't do it (not married now). Vows meant everything to me. So I got a divorce!

No, not because of that! hahahaha!
Clarify. Wouldnt physically do it or wouldnt think about doing it.

If its the latter, your lying.

Heading to bed boys...will continue in the morn...
Old 04-30-2008 | 01:22 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Clarify. Wouldnt physically do it or wouldnt think about doing it.

If its the latter, your lying.

Heading to bed boys...will continue in the morn...
Dawg...you reading my shit emotionally and defensively, lol...I said, I thought about it, but I wouldn't do it! I thought about fucking a many a girl when I was married. Puzzay came from everywhere. The things I am saying to you about cheating, are not about me convicting you of it, but making you aware of what they are. No I NEVER fucked someone else when I was married...YES I thought of fucking someone, as in what it would be like to do that with that particular person. But it wasn't hard to say no because I was with the person I wanted to be with. Just read what I say, don't look at it like it's an indictment or something. Hahahaha! I'm just making you aware of how women think and apparently you didn't know that because you went on a couple of dates (and no, I never did that either). Your wife would call that cheating because of the nature of the date. That's real!

Like G.I. Joe (excuse the pun) - "Knowing is half the battle."
Old 04-30-2008 | 01:43 AM
Go Giants

You only live once
Old 04-30-2008 | 01:49 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by Whiskers
You only live once
Hahaha...you better take your ass to Spain before you get into more (anniv.) trouble!
Old 04-30-2008 | 07:48 AM
Team Owner

I feel if you have a connection with this woman, and not your wife, then do what you gotta do.

That said though, be sure not to end your marriage or complicate your life because of lust. Why not just separate from you wife? What's keeping you married?

Whatever you do, I hope no one here feels the need to judge you. We're no angels here.
Old 04-30-2008 | 08:19 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

A while back before I was married, I did the same thing and hooked up with a girl at work. We both had significant others, but we knew neither of us would ever go further then what it was. Hell, I was even at her eventual wedding to the same guy...But, I really knew this person and connected with her on a very deep level.

How did being at that wedding feel? Were you recalling having sex with her as she said her vows?

Very awkward I'd imagine. Makes me feel really bad for that poor bastard groom.
Old 04-30-2008 | 08:28 AM
Oh Hullow

damn i would never air that dirty of laundry on the internets .. nvr know who's gonna read... but anyways, good luck... but judging by my moral standards i say dont do it.. but the heart (and dick) wants what it wants just make sure you make a choice you can live with. thats most important above all.
Old 04-30-2008 | 08:33 AM
Go Giants

Old 04-30-2008 | 09:32 AM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
I feel if you have a connection with this woman, and not your wife, then do what you gotta do.

That said though, be sure not to end your marriage or complicate your life because of lust. Why not just separate from you wife? What's keeping you married?

Whatever you do, I hope no one here feels the need to judge you. We're no angels here.
Kind of a black and white statement. Like I said, you have to have been in this situation to know its not an easy thing...

I could care less if people judge me. Like they say, point your finger at someone, there's 3 pointing right back at you. We're all guilty of being hypocrites at some point.
Old 04-30-2008 | 09:37 AM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by dom
How did being at that wedding feel? Were you recalling having sex with her as she said her vows?

Very awkward I'd imagine. Makes me feel really bad for that poor bastard groom.
No, it wasnt awkward at all. She was a really good friend that I cared about.

Actually, I kind of got to know her BF/Husband eventually. The may not have been perfect for each other, but she was happy.
Old 04-30-2008 | 09:47 AM
Team Owner

Kind of a black and white statement. Like I said, you have to have been in this situation to know its not an easy thing...

I could care less if people judge me. Like they say, point your finger at someone, there's 3 pointing right back at you. We're all guilty of being hypocrites at some point.
Old 04-30-2008 | 09:47 AM
Team Owner

Old 04-30-2008 | 10:02 AM
Just dial 1911

I can only go so far with this...sorry...
Old 04-30-2008 | 10:04 AM
Go Giants

No, you have gone this far...Too late to turn back now...
Old 04-30-2008 | 10:05 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

What does she look like on a scale of 1 to 10? I always say if you gonna cheat, you gotta upgrade just in case you get stuck!
Old 04-30-2008 | 10:28 AM
Drifting

Seems like a lot of "girl talk" on her part seeing how she won't even be home for the party. Not saying she wouldn't be down to meet up at another point, but girls love to talk to guys like that to see what sort of reaction they can get. Then they follow it up with the customary "can you handle that?", like they are the only one in the world with girl parts! Moral issues aside (cuz lord knows I am not the role model for that), its not worth all of the post hookup headaches that could potentially be in store for you.
Old 04-30-2008 | 10:38 AM
Great. Now he's loose.

Aw shit. I gotta chime in here.

First, whose to say she's the one to let herself go???? You guys tend to get pretty big with some good home cooking and a lot of computer time. Maybe she's at the gym right now...

If sex isn't so great at home for some of you guys, maybe that's your fault. Little girls get headaches. Grown women know what they want and seldom settle for hum drum. When we do, it won't be for long. We will eventually leave in search of better.

Cheating, as defined by this grown woman, is spending intimate time with someone other than your SO, without your SO knowing!!!!! And yes, this can be via phone calls, text messages, e-mail...

Have to agree with earlier statements here.

Also, if she IS, at minimum, a reasonably good looking woman, you'd better believe that she gets propositioned ALL THE TIME!!!! You guys have absolutely no qualms about stepping on each others toes. How do you think SHE has handled it so far? Out for private drinks? Something to think about. If you wouldn't like it, why would she?

It's cheating already!! Time to stop before you're screwed!!!!

Clean up your own back yard before you step into someone else's life. You may even end up hurting the other girl as well if you lead her any further into this. Got kids??? It hurts them too. Not to mention your parents and her parents when it all comes out. What's the damage count so far??Two women, you, kids, parents, friends that have to take a side....

Worth it? Then by all means. Go get your rocks off. Otherwise go home, or get divorced.

It all looks different when stop being selfish and think of how we affect others.
Old 04-30-2008 | 10:47 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

^ I told you women think like that Joe...Nuff said!
Old 04-30-2008 | 10:48 AM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by Rock2534
Seems like a lot of "girl talk" on her part seeing how she won't even be home for the party. Not saying she wouldn't be down to meet up at another point, but girls love to talk to guys like that to see what sort of reaction they can get. Then they follow it up with the customary "can you handle that?", like they are the only one in the world with girl parts! Moral issues aside (cuz lord knows I am not the role model for that), its not worth all of the post hookup headaches that could potentially be in store for you.
Read again...We're scheduled for next Thursday.
Old 04-30-2008 | 10:51 AM
Just dial 1911

^ I told you women think like that Joe...Nuff said!
I swear you have the maturity of a 2 year old. No wonder you're divorced....

Well hell, then I might as well just bang the shit out of her at this point, right? Nothing to loose now
Old 04-30-2008 | 10:57 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

I swear you have the maturity of a 2 year old. No wonder you're divorced....

Well hell, then I might as well just bang the shit out of her at this point, right? Nothing to loose now
Man, you gotta learn how to control that emotional shit...I can't believe I typed all of that to HELP you understand, and you read it like an attack (you sound lke my ex right there - getting defensive about everything and emotional) Hahahaha...oh well, some people learn the hard way...or not at all...
Old 04-30-2008 | 11:10 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

One other thing...since you want to go there about maturity...

Posting stupid shit like this about cheating and garnering public opinion on the subject is immature. Not to mention posting it in a place that could possibly be viewed by your wife. Yeah, that's real mature playboy...stop being so sensitive about "me" and be more sensitive about your wife!
Old 04-30-2008 | 11:13 AM
Secret Agent

Yo, a lot of people jock/heckle me. That's normal, cuz I'm the Lion up in here, and I must have jackals ...but dude...you are seriously following me from thread to thread? Hahahahaha! Daaayyyuummmm man, you may not have a life, but you sure as hell got a lock on my jock like a pitbull!!! WTF! Do you have me on RSS feed? You are like popping up out of man-hole covers and shit! Your life is mine young padawan!

Damn it's good to be king!
WTF? Did you just copy and paste this from the thread a few days ago when you were describing how I was following you around? Do you send this to everyone?

Nobody, well, I can only speak for myself, is hanging on your every word. I do sometimes read all of your comments but it's purely for amusement. Get over yourself already.

Oh, and I love the part about being propositioned "On a daily basis". That one right there, all by itself, is a testament to what you think of yourself. I don't think I would be too far off base to say that you are in a very exclusive club. And by that I mean. . . . . oh, nevermind.

I feel so worthy to even be writing something directed towards you.
Old 04-30-2008 | 11:14 AM
Drifting

Read again...We're scheduled for next Thursday.
Yeah I saw the part about next Thurs, just saying there was a lot of talk about cinco de mayo before she even mentioned she would not even be at said party. Plus you two hanging out at a work function is much less suspect than you two meeting privately. Anyway, keep us up on the details, this should at least be an entertaining story

Where are they going for the party anyway? Chili's restaurant(if you have any around) always has a good party for that.

Last edited by Rock2534; 04-30-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-30-2008 | 11:17 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by gypsygirl

It's cheating already!! Time to stop before you're screwed!!!!

Clean up your own back yard before you step into someone else's life. You may even end up hurting the other girl as well if you lead her any further into this. Got kids??? It hurts them too. Not to mention your parents and her parents when it all comes out. What's the damage count so far??Two women, you, kids, parents, friends that have to take a side....

Worth it? Then by all means. Go get your rocks off. Otherwise go home, or get divorced.

It all looks different when stop being selfish and think of how we affect others.

When you step back and really consider the consequences. Its crazy to even consider 'getting your rocks off'. Unless the marriage you're in is already on the rocks. Doesn't sound like Joe's is.

I'm confident he'll do the right thing. Unless he wants a name change to fucktard.
Old 04-30-2008 | 11:19 AM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by Rock2534
Yeah I saw the part about next Thurs, just saying there was a lot of talk about cinco de mayo before she even mentioned she would not even be at said party. Plus you two hanging out at a work function is much less suspect than you two meeting privately. Anyway, keep us up on the details, this should at least be an entertaining story
Yea, see I guess I haven't made that clear. We haven't gone out on any "dates" at all. They have all been work functions with many other people from work.
Old 04-30-2008 | 11:22 AM
Just dial 1911

One other thing...since you want to go there about maturity...

Posting stupid shit like this about cheating and garnering public opinion on the subject is immature. Not to mention posting it in a place that could possibly be viewed by your wife. Yeah, that's real mature playboy...stop being so sensitive about "me" and be more sensitive about your wife!
You're preaching to ME about posting stupid shit? Comedy...
Old 04-30-2008 | 11:29 AM
But I just got here

Dude, don't go out with her. You're married. If anything, figure out how you can make your marriage better. Not how you can destroy it completely.
Old 04-30-2008 | 11:30 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

As if this would end any other way...like I said...my world!
Old 04-30-2008 | 11:39 AM
Go Giants

Joe, you really know how to make friends...