Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

routine

Old 07-07-2004, 10:26 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
routine

why whenever you get in to a serious "relationship", there is always a routine that has to be followed... frankly, to me this is just phuq-n annoying and i hate when girls just wanna talk on the phone ALL damn night, (routine) as if i don't have a job to go to in the morning...

this girl just wants to call me up and tell me how her ENTIRE went... and i mean when she starts talking she doesn't even give me a good couple of seconds to say "ok well how was your day" or something... she's like a damn energizer... she just keeps talking, and talking, and talking and talking and talking... can someone please help me...
Old 07-07-2004, 11:53 PM
Ricky: Drugs > Football

ipod in one ear, phone in other
Old 07-08-2004, 12:04 AM
Movin on up...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats why i hate girlfriends.....i have no patience for them at all!!!
Old 07-08-2004, 12:10 AM
acura-cl.com OG

if your not happy, don't put yourself through it. Simple as that. I have learned, there are pleanty of girls out there, and you can always do better if you look hard enough.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:26 AM
Go Noles!

doesn't she have girlfriends for that?

if it bothers you, tell her you'd rather not talk about everyday stuff on the phone with her. if it bothers you TOO MUCH, then i'd say you're best bet is to not be in a relationship with her.

i think enjoying the person's company (incl. being on the phone-- if you call that company) is extremely important in a relationship... if you are constantly annoyed by her "routine" then there is no sense getting serious with her, IMO.
Old 07-08-2004, 02:46 AM
The Third Ball

Received 5,079 Likes on 2,696 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeymobiles
thats why i hate girlfriends.....i have no patience for them at all!!!
well, if you'd invest in a pneumatic pump to blow them up more quickly then it wouldn't be an issue.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by supermegaglossy

if it bothers you, tell her you'd rather not talk about everyday stuff on the phone with her. if it bothers you TOO MUCH, then i'd say you're best bet is to not be in a relationship with her.

i think enjoying the person's company (incl. being on the phone-- if you call that company) is extremely important in a relationship... if you are constantly annoyed by her "routine" then there is no sense getting serious with her, IMO.
just tell her that you like it when she calls, but you might be busy and not able to devote your undivided attention to her. Anyways, hands free earphones do wonders
Old 07-08-2004, 04:12 AM
Diamonds are forever...

Talk to her about the phone calls, maybe she'll agree to cut them down to only transmitting meaningful information. Let her know that you do have to get to bed by a certain time in order to go to work and that work is more important to you than idle conversation.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:51 AM
Suzuka Master

Tell her to take her medicine for ADD, I knew a girl that would call me and talk to me for 3-4hrs at a time about absolutely nothing that mattered to me, just how her day went. I wasn't even in a relationship with her, so it made it even worse. I changed my phone number and block it whenever I want to call her.

If she doesn't work all day then she might not know what it's like to need as much rest as possible to get through the day, try approaching her from that perspective, showing her that you're only working hard to enjoy more time with her on the weekends and so you have free time to spend with her.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:35 AM
Intermediate

if you are constantly annoyed by her "routine" then there is no sense getting serious with her, IMO.

yeh, she does have her girls to talk to all night but she wants to talk to me, cause according to her, "im a good listener" or something like that. which i take as a compliment, but shes abusing it now... she wants to tell me everything... she even calls me at work and try to talk for like half an hour! like wtf? "IM working got damnit". :thief:
lol

i hope im not the only one, that way people know what am talking about.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:41 AM
Suzuka Master

send her an email with the link to this....

I've never had to deal with someone calling me at work, I would never let it happen, callerID is great, and I would never answer the phone for them.

I work with a woman who's husband will call her multiple times a day to say that he did something, something w/o meaning and part of a daily routine. This comes from an insecurity issue that he has, maybe she is insecure and you make her feel wanted or something like that?
Old 07-08-2004, 08:42 AM
Team Owner

All you have to do is put the phone down and walk away for 20 minutes. By the time you get back your problem will have solved itself.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:47 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by anothercls
Tell her to take her medicine for ADD, I knew a girl that would call me and talk to me for 3-4hrs at a time about absolutely nothing that mattered to me, just how her day went. I wasn't even in a relationship with her, so it made it even worse. I changed my phone number and block it whenever I want to call her.

If she doesn't work all day then she might not know what it's like to need as much rest as possible to get through the day, try approaching her from that perspective, showing her that you're only working hard to enjoy more time with her on the weekends and so you have free time to spend with her.

she doesn't even work. thats the thing. (has her reasons) but i don't feel like hurting her feelings and i don't wanna make her feel like i don't wanna be there for her...

advice from you guys are really good so far... keem em coming though. thanx
Old 07-08-2004, 08:49 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
Talk to her about the phone calls, maybe she'll agree to cut them down to only transmitting meaningful information. Let her know that you do have to get to bed by a certain time in order to go to work and that work is more important to you than idle conversation.
will take your advice into consideration. however its rarely that i get to say anything in a conversation with her. lol
i can literally put the phone down go have a drink and take a piss and come back to her still rambling on and on.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:34 AM
Who's the masta?!...I AM!

Sorry but you are screwed.

If you have a g/f that loves to yak on the phone and you don't, it's a deal breaker especially if you're young (under 24) and not looking for something long term i.e. marriage.

It will annoy you, and you will argue about it and she will be hurt that you don't want to talk to her and it will cause drama. It sounds like your relationship is young, if I were you I would run.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:34 AM
Race Director

however.. I dont think theres a nice way to tell a girl you dont want to hear about her day on the phone.. itll upset her.

best bet is just to be like uh huh.. yeah.. uh huh..
and play a video game or something.. either shell just yap and yap and finish up, or shell get your point.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:52 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Waddy
Sorry but you are screwed.

If you have a g/f that loves to yak on the phone and you don't, it's a deal breaker especially if you're young (under 24) and not looking for something long term i.e. marriage.

It will annoy you, and you will argue about it and she will be hurt that you don't want to talk to her and it will cause drama. It sounds like your relationship is young, if I were you I would run.
i tried to run but im really fat. so i got tired j/p i would say im screwed too. maybe i should tell her im deaf!
Old 07-08-2004, 09:54 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SilviaGTO

however.. I dont think theres a nice way to tell a girl you dont want to hear about her day on the phone.. itll upset her.

best bet is just to be like uh huh.. yeah.. uh huh..
and play a video game or something.. either shell just yap and yap and finish up, or shell get your point.

tried saying that too... "yeh, uh huh... ok, ohh sure. FO real? yeh, hahahhahaha" lol but then i get hungry.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:56 AM
Diamonds are forever...

Originally Posted by SIR_EL
will take your advice into consideration. however its rarely that i get to say anything in a conversation with her. lol
i can literally put the phone down go have a drink and take a piss and come back to her still rambling on and on.

I'm sure she could make the time if you approach her and say something like..."before you say anything...blah blah" and then just spit it out. If she just keeps talking over you, you could always hang up or something, causing her to call back and ask why you hung up which would provide another window of opportunity to blurt out that you need your precious sleep/time/just dont want to talk. If your relationship is sucking in the communication dept maybe its time to move on
Old 07-08-2004, 09:58 AM
Suzuka Master

tell her you lost your voice and won't be talking much, set the phone down, come back in a day....
Old 07-08-2004, 09:58 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Always Dirty
All you have to do is put the phone down and walk away for 20 minutes. By the time you get back your problem will have solved itself.
i should introduce you to her... then you'll understand.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:59 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
I'm sure she could make the time if you approach her and say something like..."before you say anything...blah blah" and then just spit it out. If she just keeps talking over you, you could always hang up or something, causing her to call back and ask why you hung up which would provide another window of opportunity to blurt out that you need your precious sleep/time/just dont want to talk. If your relationship is sucking in the communication dept maybe its time to move on

And some people still don't get the hint once you say you have 15mins to talk....She probably has ADD or ADHD and needs medicine.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:00 AM
Diamonds are forever...

And some people still don't get the hint once you say you have 15mins to talk....She probably has ADD or ADHD and needs medicine.
you're probably right
Old 07-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Cruisin'

Damm Fiddy. I always thought your gal was the strong and SILENT type. Last club meet, I didn't even remember hearing a peep from her. Just tell her straight up. If she understands than great. If not, plenty of other fishes in the sea.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:02 AM
Race Director

make a tape recording of "uh huh, yeah, sure.. fo real?"

OH

or when she tells you something you did be like, OMFG WHY DID YOU DO THAT.. and scare her.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:02 AM
Intermediate

tell her you lost your voice and won't be talking much, set the phone down, come back in a day....

done it! lol no i haven't but funny as hell. *think about tryin that*
Old 07-08-2004, 10:07 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by EL905
Damm Fiddy. I always thought your gal was the strong and SILENT type. Last club meet, I didn't even remember hearing a peep from her. Just tell her straight up. If she understands than great. If not, plenty of other fishes in the sea.
no bro. my girl is fine... no shes DaYum FIne! its my X that wont leav me alone!
Old 07-08-2004, 10:12 AM
Race Director

wait.. this problem is with your ex girlfriend? youre not dating her?

tell her to shut the fuck up and hang up on her.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:14 AM
Diamonds are forever...

^^yea I thought you were in a serious relationship with her, or is it your X?
Old 07-08-2004, 10:17 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by SilviaGTO
wait.. this problem is with your ex girlfriend? youre not dating her?

tell her to shut the fuck up and hang up on her.
What is she still calling you for anyways?
Old 07-08-2004, 10:20 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

why whenever you get in to a serious "relationship", there is always a routine that has to be followed... frankly, to me this is just phuq-n annoying and i hate when girls just wanna talk on the phone ALL damn night, (routine) as if i don't have a job to go to in the morning...

this girl just wants to call me up and tell me how her ENTIRE went... and i mean when she starts talking she doesn't even give me a good couple of seconds to say "ok well how was your day" or something... she's like a damn energizer... she just keeps talking, and talking, and talking and talking and talking... can someone please help me...

lol all chicks are like that...........they are broke. Shove your cock in her mouth....
Old 07-08-2004, 10:21 AM
Intermediate

no, she's my X... i feel like im still suppose to listen to her "how was your day stories" or something... but i don't want to hurt her feeling cause she's so used to telling me these things.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:22 AM
Diamonds are forever...

^^^well if its making your life so miserable that you have to post about it just tell her. Especially if you dont really have any romantic obligations to her. You don't HAVE to do anything that makes you miserable so cut and run.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:34 AM
Intermediate

ok... what would you do if this was YOUR x. put yourself in my shoes... what would you say. word for word?
Old 07-08-2004, 10:44 AM
Who's the masta?!...I AM!

ok... what would you do if this was YOUR x. put yourself in my shoes... what would you say. word for word?

I just recently did this, here is what I said.

"We are broken up now so certain things are going to change about our relationship, I won't have as much time for you as I did when we were together, like for example talking on the phone I probably won't have the time to talk to you everyday, and when we we do talk I probably won't be able to talk for longer than a few minutes. It sucks but it's a part of breaking up, you need to move on and I need to move on and we can't do that if we are still spending all kinds of time talking to each other"

I went from talking to her everyday for at least 45 minutes, to talking a couple times a month, and I am thankful.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:15 AM
Diamonds are forever...

"I still care about you as a person but we can't continue along this path. We aren't together right now for a good reason and I won't continue to act like we are. I have a life that doesn't involve you now, work etc, and these long meaningless conversations are starting to affect that. In short, I wont be having those conversations with you anymore. If you need to talk to me about something important thats on your mind give me a call, and if not I guess I'll see you around." lol. good luck manggg
Old 07-08-2004, 12:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Just have some other woman answer your phone everytime she calls, and make sure it's different women. Just make it out like your in the middle of a massive orgy and don't have time for her. She might lave you alone then.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:51 PM
Intermediate

hahahaha you guys are hilarious... (good luck manggg) = classic lol

HEy anothercls, I tried that with another girl in the past... i think i might have hurt her feelings, cause the girl that answered my phone was like " he's BUSSY! "
Old 07-08-2004, 02:07 PM
Intermediate

THANX for all tha feedback. u guys and gals helped me alot... peace
Old 07-08-2004, 02:13 PM
Suzuka Master

hahahaha you guys are hilarious... (good luck manggg) = classic lol

HEy anothercls, I tried that with another girl in the past... i think i might have hurt her feelings, cause the girl that answered my phone was like " he's BUSSY! "

We have a friend who has this woman he was engaged to call him all the time, everytime it is another girl answering the phone, she gets really pissed off. The girl calling is also married now, so it makes it even funnier for us sitting around.

Quick Reply: routine