Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Random encounters

Old 10-18-2009, 10:13 PM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
For real.. she can warm the girl up and tell her how great of a guy you are. They are more likely to believe a girl telling them that than one of your drinking buddies doing the same thing.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:54 AM

Received 999 Likes on 650 Posts
true enough..

def gonna get on that..
Old 10-19-2009, 01:08 AM
an asshole from florida

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
so last night at a party i walked up to a few girls and started talking to them, they were both cute and it turns out one of them is doing the exact same thing i am and is the same year as me

i had to go speak to a friend after that quick conversation but kept talking to her throughout the night and got her number.

so heres the problem.

we were both drunk and i didnt get her my number. whats the ediqette for calling her up? I dont want this happening to me

Me:hey whats up
her: who is this?
me:dude from the party saturday
her: oh yeaaaaah...ummmmm
me:so yeah dont remember a brother eh? damn
Old 10-19-2009, 01:15 AM

maybe she's expecting it though? you'll never really know..

if anything just shoot her a text...
Old 10-19-2009, 03:03 AM

Received 2,811 Likes on 1,991 Posts
Call her back in 3 days.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:40 AM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by invisiblewar
we were both drunk and i didnt get her my number. whats the ediqette for calling her up?
Picking up the phone and dialing the number.

There's no special time limit you have to wait, no special prep you have to do, no number of hours you should hold off before dialing, no magic day of the week that will give you a better chance than others. If you want to call, just call. In fact, I'd be more likely to wait less time than more so that you can keep momentum and interest going, and won't let nerves get in the way.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:38 AM
Great. Now he's loose.

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
You do tend to get nervous when you think too much, invisiblewar. I think even three days might be a little long. Honesty and openness, remember? If it doesn't pan out, so what? There will be more. You won't know until you call.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:53 AM
an asshole from florida

damn i feel like this thread is a walkthrough for me and girls.

thanks guys.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:42 AM
Custom User Title

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Im freezin' my ass off right now. I still don't even want to bother talking to other girls.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Great. Now he's loose.

Where have you been, Nate? I yelled for you last page! lol

You two kill me. You're just too cute.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:30 AM
Custom User Title

haha yeah I saw that. I wish I could help.

Does that mean I've lost my chance with you? Or are you into that "cute" young man crowd?
Old 10-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Great. Now he's loose.

lol. Younger maybe sometimes, but.... 20? Sorry, Honey. I'll tuck you in and kiss you on the forehead though.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Great. Now he's loose.

Originally Posted by invisiblewar
damn i feel like this thread is a walkthrough for me and girls.

thanks guys.
It is, Luv.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Custom User Title

Just makin sure. I don't have it in me anyways these days.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:43 AM
Great. Now he's loose.

Originally Posted by Gnate
Just makin sure. I don't have it in me anyways these days.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:24 PM

Received 2,811 Likes on 1,991 Posts
I was only kidding about 3 days.

I just rewatched swingers recently
Old 10-19-2009, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by gypsygirl
lol. Younger maybe sometimes, but.... 20? Sorry, Honey. I'll tuck you in and kiss you on the forehead though.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:26 PM
an asshole from florida

gnate, you need to make that av a shirt
Old 10-19-2009, 07:23 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,050 Posts
Nothing lost by a hey what's up text. And usually, if she gives you her number, she expects you to call. Just be you. Same shit you've been doing for the past 20 years.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:51 PM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
Don't text. Call!
Old 10-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Great. Now he's loose.

My sentiments exactly.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:54 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Girls always make the first move. It may be overt or covert but all you have to do is pay attention and approach. It doesn't matter what you say. Just say it without slobbering or spitting on her
Old 10-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
Met a fking smoking hot Czech girl who goes to school with one of my buddies, for the first time meeting her I'd say we hit it off nicely; that is one time I wish I would have learned Czech from my dad growing up . Didn't get her number and since I don't know when/if I will see her next I saw she's a friend on my buddy's fb so I added her and within like 2 hrs she confirmed and even sent a little 'hello' message and stuff lol. So I sent her one back not trying to make it too obvious but sayin I had a good time and should hang out again soon . :ibcheckingfbtomorrow:
Old 10-19-2009, 10:00 PM
Great. Now he's loose.

lol Good luck.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:21 PM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by imj0257
Met a fking smoking hot Czech girl who goes to school with one of my buddies, for the first time meeting her I'd say we hit it off nicely
Why? Because she smiled and was polite? More details. List specific indicators of interest. Did she touch/play-slap you when you teased her? Etc.

that is one time I wish I would have learned Czech from my dad growing up .
She didn't know English at all? How'd you hit it off?

Didn't get her number
Did you ask for it?

and since I don't know when/if I will see her next I saw she's a friend on my buddy's fb so I added her and within like 2 hrs she confirmed and even sent a little 'hello' message and stuff lol. So I sent her one back not trying to make it too obvious but sayin I had a good time and should hang out again soon . :ibcheckingfbtomorrow:
Weak. Hitting on her/playing the nice-guy route online with a really hot girl isn't going to tingle her vagina. And FYI, triggering her 'gina tingle is exactly what you want to do.

Don't take her acceptance of your FaceBook friend request as a real indication of her interest. You've done nothing to spark her desires.

You have zero game. The only way I see this working is if 1.) she finds you very physically attractive, and you essentially get lucky with her, but if you don't step up your game you probably won't get past the two-week mark. You may actually get a date or two with her, but if you don't interest a hot girl quickly, intentionally or not, she'll spend her time with a different stud who's not sitting at home masturbating to her FaceBook profile.

Or 2.) she can string you along while your orbit her space fantasizing about one day hooking up with her. You'll play the friend route and she'll distrust you and your intentions as a man. She'll look at you as her gay friend (even if you're not), because real man go after what they want and sometimes mess up in the process.

Being a man is sloppy some times, and you can't always wait for the perfect moment (there rarely is one).

If she's typically way out of your league, a girl you've never seen yourself possibly being with, I suggest you amp yourself up and go balls out. I don't mean taking her to expensive dinners or buying her flowers or gifts. I mean taking this opportunity to employ your balls, strike a conversation with her about something you're comfortable talking about and isn't nerdy, be cool, and generally charm her.

Don't mess around with over-compensating with a ridiculous amount of arrogance. Given your weak start, you'll likely come off as trying to hard and a fraud. Had you known you were going to see her you could have prepared and come out of the gate with super-cocky/alpha swagger, but it's a bit late now. You'll have to settle for another strategy, but you have to paint yourself in a different light.

I'm guessing you have pictures on your FaceBook of you hanging out with your mom and dad, maybe playing boccie ball. Well that's going to bring you down a couple notches, since that crap is crazy boring to a hot girl.

A lot of game comes flowing out of you with ease once you've embraced the fact that you're a man and men do things naturally that trigger a woman's sexual attraction button (the fact that it may feel like a mystery to you is just indicative of grander social programming developed to ensure that women's partner choices are much more keen and aware of the barriers to their sexuality. Game is essentially a tool to pry-open the social mechanisms women employ to counter our naturally aggressive sexual state). Practicing those behaviors can improve your chances with hot girls by factors you'd probably never think of. And I'm guessing you'd want that more in your life because since you're crossing your fingers.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:05 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts

Time for me to get some Just For Men - Touch of Gray
Old 10-20-2009, 07:13 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,315 Likes on 968 Posts
Invisible's been away from south FL too long. You need to retreat and regroup your chick getting skills. Just pretend the chicks are wannabe hoochies that we're so used to and all will be well.

And I don't understand the whole idea of texting instead of talking to a new prospect. Sure you can think a little longer with texting but the benefits of actual talking exceed the ones of texting. Now if you got a high pitched Erkel voice then text away.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:24 AM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Doom878
Invisible's been away from south FL too long. You need to retreat and regroup your chick getting skills.
Who says he had any of those skills before moving?
Old 10-20-2009, 08:49 AM
an asshole from florida

nah im gona call her but i had to pull an all nighter the last two nights and one tonight and my priorities are school. its my friends bday tomorrow so ill call her up and see if she wants to chill
Old 10-20-2009, 09:04 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 6MTUA5
Who says he had any of those skills before moving?
He had a gf from here.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:06 PM
an asshole from florida

plus when i goto miami i meet women all the time like its no big deal maybe im just more comfortable around hispanic women
Old 10-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
Why? Because she smiled and was polite? More details. List specific indicators of interest. Did she touch/play-slap you when you teased her? Etc.
I think both of us being Czech helped so we were able to talk about random 'Czechish' stuff. And she always smiled at me and even if I said non-funny stuff she would laugh. And from the corner of my eye I could tell she kept looking at me and smiling... not trying to be cocky here.

She didn't know English at all? How'd you hit it off?
She does know English well.. she is an exchange student here, but I wish I would have known Czech so I could have had a more private convo with her

Did you ask for it?
Twice and each time this drunk fuck that was at our table whom I've never met before kept yelling out random shit like 'o yea!' and making a scene, including spilling his beer twice all over the table. By the end I was like... wow really..fuck it I will just ask her when we leave (because I wanted to invite her to a friend's place to watch football the next day.. having some friends there including two other Czech girls so she really seemed like she wanted to go) so as we walk out I ask her for her number again and this time my buddy interrupts and keeps saying 'don't worry about it I will make sure she comes tomorrow" (he does this sort of crap because he is the big-ego type and also thinks she's hot; yea he wants to do her but also knows I like her and probably was doing his 'if I can't have her I will ruin your chances' routine, so I planned on getting it the next day when I saw her but he didn't tell her and she didn't come... I gave in too easily and shoulda told him to stfu and gotten it anyways.

Weak. Hitting on her/playing the nice-guy route online with a really hot girl isn't going to tingle her vagina. And FYI, triggering her 'gina tingle is exactly what you want to do.

Don't take her acceptance of your FaceBook friend request as a real indication of her interest. You've done nothing to spark her desires.

You have zero game.
Wrong. I have gotten my fair share of women ... probably not as much as you or have as much game as you though

The only way I see this working is if 1.) she finds you very physically attractive, and you essentially get lucky with her, but if you don't step up your game you probably won't get past the two-week mark. You may actually get a date or two with her, but if you don't interest a hot girl quickly, intentionally or not, she'll spend her time with a different stud who's not sitting at home masturbating to her FaceBook profile.

Or 2.) she can string you along while your orbit her space fantasizing about one day hooking up with her. You'll play the friend route and she'll distrust you and your intentions as a man. She'll look at you as her gay friend (even if you're not), because real man go after what they want and sometimes mess up in the process.

Being a man is sloppy some times, and you can't always wait for the perfect moment (there rarely is one).

If she's typically way out of your league, a girl you've never seen yourself possibly being with, I suggest you amp yourself up and go balls out. I don't mean taking her to expensive dinners or buying her flowers or gifts. I mean taking this opportunity to employ your balls, strike a conversation with her about something you're comfortable talking about and isn't nerdy, be cool, and generally charm her.

Don't mess around with over-compensating with a ridiculous amount of arrogance. Given your weak start, you'll likely come off as trying to hard and a fraud. Had you known you were going to see her you could have prepared and come out of the gate with super-cocky/alpha swagger, but it's a bit late now. You'll have to settle for another strategy, but you have to paint yourself in a different light.

I'm guessing you have pictures on your FaceBook of you hanging out with your mom and dad, maybe playing boccie ball. Well that's going to bring you down a couple notches, since that crap is crazy boring to a hot girl.

A lot of game comes flowing out of you with ease once you've embraced the fact that you're a man and men do things naturally that trigger a woman's sexual attraction button (the fact that it may feel like a mystery to you is just indicative of grander social programming developed to ensure that women's partner choices are much more keen and aware of the barriers to their sexuality. Game is essentially a tool to pry-open the social mechanisms women employ to counter our naturally aggressive sexual state). Practicing those behaviors can improve your chances with hot girls by factors you'd probably never think of. And I'm guessing you'd want that more in your life because since you're crossing your fingers.

Lots of info in there. One thing I would like to say is you presume a lot of things without knowing the girl or me and seem to think every girl is the same. I do agree that MOST girls are like that but not all. I know you are just giving your input/advice but there are a couple things I'd have to disagree on there. Nonetheless, I took some good points from what you wrote and thanks for your input. Not trying to start a fight or anything lol but that is what I think... feel free to reply though.

Oh and btw, I know it is definitely not the way I would have liked to have done it and ya'll can make fun all you want, but she did send me another message saying she would love to see me again and gave me her number - and that is all that counts. Now it is my turn to capitalize.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:56 PM
an asshole from florida

girl at party gave me a wrong number
Old 10-21-2009, 11:27 PM

but seriously, next..
Old 10-21-2009, 11:51 PM
an asshole from florida

yeah i laughed so damn hard when a dude named jim picked up
Old 10-22-2009, 01:20 AM

Old 10-22-2009, 07:05 AM
Team Owner

Did you even ask for her? Boyfriend answering unexpectedly?
Old 10-22-2009, 09:46 AM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
before or after secks
Old 10-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Great. Now he's loose.

Oh you poor thing. I know maybe it's not supposed to be funny, but it is.

Back to the drawing board.

You made some awsome points, Amis. I'm pretty sure you're not so rigid with it when you're in you swagger. lol Even if it's all planned.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:48 AM
Great. Now he's loose.

Thanks Costco. Mornin Phee.

Quick Reply: Random encounters