Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Places to go "as friends"?

Old 06-11-2008, 09:00 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by amisconception
Such terrible advice in here. Please, stay out of D&R.

OP: Tell your friend not to waste his time. He needs to Man up. This advice that I just quoted is a big waste of time.
I think astraub was just having a "moment". She drifted too far out into girly, girl land!
Old 06-11-2008, 09:22 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
time for the https://acurazine.com/forums/subscri...ption&t=392794
Old 06-11-2008, 09:49 PM
intelligentsia

Location: Land of cheap vodka, hot girls, and great nightlife
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Malayalee King
Lol. Seriously theres millions of places out there why does anyone need advice on where to go. I mean at the very least have the girl come back to his place if he has own place.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:53 PM
ur as welcome as cancer

Sorry, thought we were all giving our opinions...was I wrong?

"But not only that, there are holes in your logic. What if the respectable girl lets you know they're ready to have sex with you after a couple hours? Before a first date?" Would in fact make the girl trashy, ask ANY girl.

There's nothing wrong with my advice, it's all a friendly atmosphere where he can get to know her better; maybe he won't want to actually date her once they hang out more.

And "girly girl land"? You've GOT to be kidding me! Hahaha, I'm just letting him know how some girls are, especially girls in his age range.

NO, my advice won't get him laid, and if that's what he's looking for, then that's the question he should have asked. If I'm to infer that that is what he's looking for, then consider me naïve, but I like to think people are better than that.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:20 PM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by arstraub
Sorry, thought we were all giving our opinions...was I wrong?
You're free to give your opinion, yes. But that doesn't mean it's automatically correct.

"But not only that, there are holes in your logic. What if the respectable girl lets you know they're ready to have sex with you after a couple hours? Before a first date?" Would in fact make the girl trashy, ask ANY girl.
Says you. Not ANY girl. Girls very often sleep with guys on vacation, spring break, las vegas, etc. and rarely was there any courtship involved. Don't give me this garbage. The same "respectable" women are doing "trashy" things, they just don't advertise it because girls like you shame them into thinking they're less than human. Which is pathetic and inaccurate.

There's nothing wrong with my advice, it's all a friendly atmosphere where he can get to know her better; maybe he won't want to actually date her once they hang out more.
The guy's a pussy. He needs to grow a pair before he makes even more chump moves. I don't even need to elaborate on this because it just shows how ignorant you are when it comes to guys.

NO, my advice won't get him laid

and if that's what he's looking for, then that's the question he should have asked. If I'm to infer that that is what he's looking for, then consider me naïve, but I like to think people are better than that.
Better than that? Because sex is so bad? ROFL. Take your puritan morality and shaming tactics to another board. It's not going to do anyone any good here other than to strengthen this myth that women are inherently non-sexual creatures that require manipulation and games to bed.

Oh yea - Newsflash: Guys want to get laid and there's nothing wrong with that.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:27 PM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Here's a study that might shed a little bit of light on this whole dynamic, since I will inevitably be told I'm full of shit:

Pillsworth, E. G. & Haselton, M. G. (2006). Women’s sexual strategies: The evolution of long-term bonds and extra-pair sex. Annual Review of Sex Research, 17, 59-100.

http://www.sscnet.ucla.edu/comm/hase...seltonARSR.pdf
Old 06-11-2008, 10:32 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yup! I wanna get laid, I'm gonna get laid...and there ain't a damn thing wrong with that!

The OP's boy wants to get laid too...he just don't know how! But he should run far from that friendship date. It will set him back a few, and he don't want that. He could've spent that money on a real date with potential and minimum smoke-screens. I hope he keeps it simple.

Any update?
Old 06-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by darksom1
The OP's boy wants to get laid too...he just don't know how! But he should run far from that friendship date. It will set him back a few, and he don't want that. He could've spent that money on a real date with potential and minimum smoke-screens. I hope he keeps it simple.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Who gives a shit if I'm 17? I'm not made of money, nor are my friends, we don't have time to waste on girls who aren't "down to mess around".
Old 06-12-2008, 09:40 AM
ur as welcome as cancer

I think I just like to believe that guys are interested in more than sex, and obviously, you all are not.

And no, amis, I'm not going to tell you that you're "full of shit", contrary to your reactions to what I'm saying, I'm trying to keep calm and not insult you or this guy's friend.

Why do you think there is so much disease in the world? Why are there so many STDs and cases of AIDS when we have prevention and treatments? Perhaps it's because people are not worried about who they have sex with. I never said that there weren't respectable women doing trashy things, but that would make those women trashy. I don't have Puritan morals, as you say, I just believe you should keep your damn pants on. It makes me sad that there are guys like you who can insult people who ask for help and think they are high and mighty enough to decide I shouldn't even be on the board anymore.

I've had plenty of problems with guys here before, but I do understand that if we were having this discussion in real life, that you would never say such things to any woman. I'm sorry if you have a daughter, and for your grandmother, for all the women in your life. You're very primal, and that's fine. Sorry if you have to work to get women to bed, you would have perhaps done better a good few thousand years ago; but good luck.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Moderator Alumnus

vineyards
Old 06-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Let's Go Pens

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
astraub... I might be the only guy here that will say this but oh well.. I personally didn't see anything wrong with your suggestions. Southern Girls just have more class than alot of women and maybe some of the guys on here don't realize it, yet. or maybe I'm just working on getting you into bed...j/k Really though, I saw nothing wrong with your suggestions and I'm glad to see you defend yourself although you shouldn't have too
Old 06-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by 2000TaffetaTL
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Who gives a shit if I'm 17? I'm not made of money, nor are my friends, we don't have time to waste on girls who aren't "down to mess around".
I agree with this too, and I am 20.I dont wanna waste time on girls who want long term relationships and want to wait a while before we have sex and all that shabang.I am young and I am trying to get the most out of life and a relationship with a girl like that isnt letting me do that.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by arstraub
YOU'RE 17! You boys are such idiots, the respectable girls will let you know when they're ready to have sex with you, and it won't be on the first date! I swear you're all man-whores!
Well someone's gotta keep the human species alive and kicking.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Race Director

Received 277 Likes on 161 Posts
Getting back to the thread....

Do you have a Dave & Busters by you? or similar place where they have great arcades (it's 21 and over only). You can have fun, win your girl a prize, drink, eat, and just escape....
Old 06-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by amisconception
Here's a study that might shed a little bit of light on this whole dynamic, since I will inevitably be told I'm full of shit:

Pillsworth, E. G. & Haselton, M. G. (2006). Women’s sexual strategies: The evolution of long-term bonds and extra-pair sex. Annual Review of Sex Research, 17, 59-100.

http://www.sscnet.ucla.edu/comm/hase...seltonARSR.pdf
Cliff please? It's quite long.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mike 350Z
Cliff please? It's quite long.

I can only summarize the 1st theory (since I only read the first couple of pages)

"Parental Investment Theory predicts that the higher investing s3x should be more selective than the lower investing s3x in choosing mates and more restricted in se3ual activity"

For males, it's a single act of copulation. For females, it's that + 9 months + historically 2.5 years of lactation.

Cliffs: Use c0nd0ms, Birth Control FTW and more copulation
Old 06-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TeknoKing
Getting back to the thread....

Do you have a Dave & Busters by you? or similar place where they have great arcades (it's 21 and over only). You can have fun, win your girl a prize, drink, eat, and just escape....
That's where I went with a girl for our first date. We managed to get like 6000 tickets and what she wanted was 7000 tickets so... I said we can save up and come back next time.. securing the second date

I actually told my friend to go to D&B but he was being a cheap ass.

Arstraub, for what it's worth, I sent my friend the link to this thread and he said out of all the suggestions, he found your's most useful. I think they're set to hang out sometimes this weekend or early next week. I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:32 AM
ur as welcome as cancer

Thanks guys.