Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Love is a SHAM!!!

Old 12-05-2003, 12:29 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love is a SHAM!!!

How do you know when you’re in love? Is it really like in the movies Where that other person just makes you feel like heaven on earth? Is there even real love anymore these days? Here is my opinion from Observing people around me. Most people have hooked up young, been hurt and are scared, or been hurt and out to hurt others, and some are just plain confused...

Lots of couples have been together for so long that they stay together for no good reasons... I mean sure they love that person but they are not in "Love" but because of the security and the fact that they never Have to worry about looking for someone else or getting hurt they don’t go looking... so they keep living like that. These couples are usually the ones that hook up when they are young and never have really dated Anyone else. They have their little breakups and screw other people in the process but always come back to each other.

Some people were hurt badly. The one they loved cheated on them, treated them like crap, was only with them for the wrong reasons (money) or something like that. These are usually the Nice guy or Nice girls. This keeps happening to them over and over and over again. After awhile they just shut down. They are scared of any relationships and when someone new comes around they tend to take longer to open up if they even open up at all. Still they take on new relationships kuz who the heck wants to be alone right? The people come and go and in the end that nice guy/girl is still the one left alone at night
crying by themselves.

Some people got hurt and become the assholes. They are the ones that used to be the nice guy/girl but instead of letting the cycle happen over and over they become enraged. They think heck if they can do so can I. Some people grow up around people like this their whole life so they are like this from the start and never were hurt to begin with. These people are out for their own interest in a relationship, weather it be sex, money, companionship. whatever the reason, once its not there anymore they move on with the quickness.

Then there are the ones who are just plain confused... Never been in a real relationship. They don’t know what it is. They don’t know how it feels to love someone or to be loved. They look around at other couples around them and try to mimic them but they don’t feel like they think they should feel like when they are in a relationship. These people tend to be single for long periods of time. Occasionally they get into a relationship to see what happens or to see if they will fall in love, but something is always wrong with the relationship and it doesn’t last.. so they continue on the search.

Some people believe that each and everyone one of us has a soul mate in the world. Thereis someone out there made just for you and for me. Some claim to have found that soul mate others never find them. Some people say you may only get 1 chance to find your soul mate, your decision at that moment in time may get you your soul mate or pass them up. To me how do you know? What if you are with someone you just meet and you think they are awesome, they are your soul mate they are the one? Then the next day.. you meet someone and they sweep you off your feet. Do you stay with the one you just hooked up with? who made you feel all woosy? or go for the new face? Which one of
them is your soul mate?

I dunno does love really exist in this world anymore? Why do people still get married?
are they in love? Or are they that couple who been together for so long? I dunno,
I don’t think anyone does, only they know. They may seem like the perfect couple
outside but inside behind closed doors only they know. Maybe one day Ill figure out some answers, but for now, I don’t think love does exists. I have lost all hope of love. All I have now is to make alot of money find a good looking young wife have kids who will hopefully be good looking and smart, so that they will have more success in life than I did. Face it good looking people succeed more often in this world than any other people.. so good looking and smart kids would be a good combo. If you put a fat ugly girl on the side of the road with a flat tire and no gas with a sign that says help how many will stop? Do the same thing with a hot beautiful model.. now how many will stop? This is just how the world runs. Face it I have.

Kevin Phangnivong
Old 12-05-2003, 12:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Too long of a post, but here is my 2 cents (and I am not being bitter but realistic). Quick background: married for 16 years and now divorced with no kids.

What I see, is a very very high rate of divorce going on. Ask yourself what you think the divorce rate is out of a scale of 10 (just pull a number out of the hat).. I would guesstimate at least 6 out of 10 (being conservative). Of the remaining 4 couples that "make it", how many of those 4 are unhappy (maybe one party hanging on cause of the kids or one party cheating, etc)...

Like I said, I am not bitter. Next time around, I have no clue what I will do but like what I hear from Tom Leykis. Maybe find someone with similar/good assets or live together but not marry. And guys, don't don't don't get a girl pregnant unless you really want children. 18 years of child support can suck the big one.

At this point, I cannot afford to lose another 50% of my assets. We have a lot of guys here that are young (sub 30s), great jobs & money. I am telling you guys to think a bit harder about how you can protect yoourself financially before making the plunge....

Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-05-2003, 01:07 PM
Drifting

yea like i said its all a sham!! hehe
Old 12-05-2003, 02:18 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought i was in love a coupla times. I 'm not sure.
Old 12-05-2003, 02:59 PM
It's not over yet

cliff notes please
Old 12-05-2003, 02:59 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,227 Likes on 1,421 Posts
Originally posted by kevin79925
yea like i said its all a sham!! hehe
No its not...
My first marriage sucked..only 3 years and the whole time it was rocky.
I have been married 6 years this time, been with her 8 years and I am MORE IN LOVE with my wife now than I was when we first started.
Old 12-05-2003, 05:11 PM
Full-Time IDIoT---DoH!!!

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by 1killercls
No its not...
My first marriage sucked..only 3 years and the whole time it was rocky.
I have been married 6 years this time, been with her 8 years and I am MORE IN LOVE with my wife now than I was when we first started.

u want a cookie?

j/k, good 4 u
Old 12-05-2003, 06:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Eggplant-EX
... We have a lot of guys here that are young (sub 30s), great jobs & money. I am telling you guys to think a bit harder about how you can protect yoourself financially before making the plunge....
Definitely heed this advice. I was married for 15 years, have one great son that I love to spend time with. (child support is not expensive, it goes to help your children which you should love and provide for anyway)

Guys, be very sure, as the women own us when it comes to a divorce. Even if they are the ones that cheat and dump you, you still get owned and pay through the nose.
I will get married again, still believe in it, just will be very cautious next time around. The love is important, but also remember the financial part is even more important. You will get over your feelings in a bit of time, but even longer time to recover economically.
I am not bitter about my past, I married way too young to understand it all, but learned alot to make the next one last. And learned that just love is not enough!!!!! (think foreign bank accounts )
Old 12-05-2003, 09:09 PM
Old timer

seriously tl;dr
Old 12-08-2003, 03:08 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by 1killercls
mind sharing the secret?
Old 12-08-2003, 05:04 AM
Pro

I think soul mates are bs..I think a lot of people are compatible, personality wise, it is just making that initial connection....might it be a physical attraction, or just being in the right place at the right time.
Old 12-08-2003, 05:59 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,227 Likes on 1,421 Posts
Originally posted by rise
mind sharing the secret?
I truley think that there are people out there that just "CLICK" I happen to be lucky to have found the person I click with. Also...I married her when I was 37 years old (She was 26)and I was done playin' the field, which I am sure helps. Other than that..I just don't know......but she does indeed rock.

Oh yea, is doesn't hurt that she is Beautiful...5'10 140 lbs...etc, etc.