Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Long-distance dilemma, of sorts

Old 06-11-2004, 11:01 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long-distance dilemma, of sorts

(Long version, CliffsNotes at end):

Well I have this girl from up at school that Im still seeing even though its long distance during the summer. We’re not really together, but we visit each other every now and then, and talk on the phone everyday. We’ve got to know each other really well, and she’s really crazy about me now, I wish I felt the same way (which I did when I saw her everyday) but its hard when you never see the person. I was beginning to feel like I was single/unattached again because I began having trouble and being nervous again when approaching girls, which never happens when I’m with one.

So there’s this cute 17yr old that my friends know so I figured I’d go talk to her and try to get her phone #, just to see if my pimp juices were still flowin. Well it turns out she already knows quite a bit about me from my friends telling her so that made it easier to talk to her, so I get her number (but not before she exclaimed ‘How old are you?’) and head home. I call her last night and she doesn’t answer so I left a message. Thing is, I would hook up with this 17yr old normally, but I don’t know if I can bring myself to do it now. I know I’d like to talk to her and hang out with her, and see if she starts feelin me though cuz she seems pretty cool and she’s very nice (maybe being from Texas has something to do with that). Plus I wanna find out what else she knows about me…she said she’s just has a very good memory, but I want to see if it’s just selective, i.e. when it relates to me

So I left the message last night and I have no idea if she got my number or even cares to call back. Now, I feel slightly salty just because I want to talk to this girl, but I’d rather be able to see my main girl more often. Oh I already told her about the 17 yr old, she doesn’t care if I talk to her, she just doesn’t want me to hook up.

CliffsNotes: I’m almost 21, I got this long distance thing with a girl who is 21, we’re not officially together, but we pretty much act like it, we talk everyday but I hardly ever see her. Now I find myself crushin on a freakin 17 yr old that will be a senior in HS while I’ll be a senior in college! I called her but haven’t heard back. I’d like to talk to and hang out with this girl basically cuz she seems nice and would fill the void of a real, live female companion, even if I don’t hookup with her (but I would normally cuz she’s f’n cute). But im getting slightly salty, (I know it’s stupid) because I havent heard back from this chick yet, and im wondering do I call her again in a few days or play it another way? Advice would be appreciated.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:39 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hook up with the 17 y/o and wait to see if the police arrive...

Just give her a few days, call her again.

A good memory might get her in trouble, just by remembering too much or knowing too much she might hesitate on things she wouldn't normally worry about. I have this problem with remembering things, people would believe me to stalk them, but I just remember little details that most people wouldnt.
Old 06-11-2004, 01:39 PM
Who's the masta?!...I AM!

Leave the 17 year old alone, what kinda loser are you that a junior in high school has you hoping she's gonna call. Quit being a wuss and go talk to some college chicks closer to your age and get laid.
Old 06-11-2004, 06:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Umm did you not read my post?? I'm banging a 21 yr old thanks it's just that we don't live close to each other during the summer
Old 06-11-2004, 08:24 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally Posted by Mike97 3.0P
Umm did you not read my post?? I'm banging a 21 yr old thanks it's just that we don't live close to each other during the summer

collegville eh? yer a stones throw away Neeways where is this chick? my woman and i were apart throughtout college it wasn't easy. hang in there.......
Old 06-12-2004, 12:42 AM
Suzuka Master

This chick lives outside of philly just like u during the summer, and Im about 2 hrs away in MD....but the summers are shorter than the school year so its not that bad.

On a side note, i realized I'm wanting to talk to this 17yr old pretty much just to validate myself, and give me somethign to do to relieve boredom, which is bad, cuz i dont need any validation....kinda like a smoker who just can't quit even tho they know its bad. Still slightly salty the girl didnt call back yet, but its wearin off
Old 06-14-2004, 04:34 PM
drop em like its hot

when i was a fresh in college i dated a soph in hs... i was 18 she was 15. my school is about 4 hours away from her, but we still had a good relationship more or less. its not easy to have long distance, it does get stressful and she will distrust u kinda because you are in college with lots of other girls :lickit: but i guess you need to have a certain level of commitment and trust to get it to work.

we broke up last summer, but if i had a choice whether or not to do it again, i would have. its kinda nice to look forward to going home to your girl as opposed to seeing your girl everyday at school where she'll annoy the hell out of you. plus she gives you more respect since you are older.

if you feelin the vibe with her, then i say go for it dude.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:36 AM
sup

a summer is nothing man. unfortunately i'm the long distance king. somehow i tend to get invovled with girls who end up being far away. but if you're not offically togheter, go for it to fill the void. i feel ur pain
Old 06-22-2004, 06:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Well my main girl found out about this young-ass chic and she got all salty. So I told her the truth that I'd talked to her like 2X and that's it. She made me realize I'm just looking for ass from this 17yr old, cause with me being almost 21, why would I wanna just hang out with a 17 yr old, ya know? So i conceded and said she's probably right, but also that I'm not gonna do that.

What's confusing is that she still doesn't wanna be officially together (bf/gf) at least until we're back together at school because she's "afraid of getting hurt," but it seems to me she already got hurt as evidenced by the tears in her eyes just from me TALKING to another girl twice. Is she just too embarrased to admit she wants to be with me? I definitely don't wanna hurt this girl again, but im a little confused.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:02 PM
Go Noles!

Originally Posted by Mike97 3.0P
Well my main girl found out about this young-ass chic and she got all salty. So I told her the truth that I'd talked to her like 2X and that's it. She made me realize I'm just looking for ass from this 17yr old, cause with me being almost 21, why would I wanna just hang out with a 17 yr old, ya know? So i conceded and said she's probably right, but also that I'm not gonna do that.

What's confusing is that she still doesn't wanna be officially together (bf/gf) at least until we're back together at school because she's "afraid of getting hurt," but it seems to me she already got hurt as evidenced by the tears in her eyes just from me TALKING to another girl twice. Is she just too embarrased to admit she wants to be with me? I definitely don't wanna hurt this girl again, but im a little confused.
yes, girls usually say they don't want relationships/officialness to protect themselves. lord knows i've done it... i did last week :-/

so.. make her be with you! call her on it.

tell her exactly how you feel: that you want to be with her (if in fact you do), and that you will do what it takes to make long distance work (no one said it was going to be easy). and she shouldn't be embarrassed to be with you. but trust is the biggest part of a relationship, in my opinion, so don't do anything to jeopardize that. ever.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Well I guess I was trying to have my cake and eat it too...because I'd like to play the field while we're apart, but I want everything to be fine and dandy when we're back together in the fall. But now I think im at the point where i won't do anything to f it up
Old 06-22-2004, 11:19 PM
TLD
Mixed Martial Artist

16 is legal age in Maryland so don't worry about statutory. I wouldn't bother calling this girl back, if she doesn't have the decency to call you back, she's not worth pursuing.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:54 AM
acura-cl.com OG

If you are able to steadily hook up with this 21 year old, talk all the time like a bf/gf scenario, why even ask for more? Do you really want to be exclusive anyway? If your talking about nailing 17 year olds, it doesn't sound like it. Personally, i am looking for a gf, not just a fuck buddy, so i would go with the 21 year old and push for a relationship. 17 is too immature, although i have been told that i am too mature for a 20 year old, so i usually date older women. Highschool girls and even college freshemen have an immaturity about them they need to outgrow, i'd stay away. Tell the truth about how you feel to her, i'm sure she will appreciate your feelings for her.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:14 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,227 Likes on 1,421 Posts
Originally Posted by Waddy
Leave the 17 year old alone, what kinda loser are you that a junior in high school has you hoping she's gonna call. Quit being a wuss and go talk to some college chicks closer to your age and get laid.
pretty much covers it.
Old 06-25-2004, 06:03 AM
sup

Originally Posted by ding069
If you are able to steadily hook up with this 21 year old, talk all the time like a bf/gf scenario, why even ask for more? Do you really want to be exclusive anyway? If your talking about nailing 17 year olds, it doesn't sound like it. Personally, i am looking for a gf, not just a fuck buddy, so i would go with the 21 year old and push for a relationship. 17 is too immature, although i have been told that i am too mature for a 20 year old, so i usually date older women. Highschool girls and even college freshemen have an immaturity about them they need to outgrow, i'd stay away. Tell the truth about how you feel to her, i'm sure she will appreciate your feelings for her.

but having your cake and eating it too is also good. if you can pull it off