Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Drunk Dialing the Ex

Old 10-24-2005, 06:36 PM
fhwagads

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drunk Dialing the Ex

So I guess I drunk dialed the ex on friday ( have almost no memory of it happening except that I remember saying something about how she doesnt like me anymore and that we should talk Im pretty sure I left a decently long message ) and today I get a message saying we may need to talk about what I said on friday if I even remember what I said. which I have no idea about. yeah so Im a fucking retard and should throw my cell phone away. And I was doing so well about not calling her unless she called me too. Oh well. I dont remember what I said and am curious to see what I said to her while drunk, how should I go about responding to this? And I already know im an idiot. Also how often do you guys drunk dial and what are some interesting things that happened as a result?
Old 10-24-2005, 07:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
I have a bad habit of drunk dialing but i always remember what i say.

Then again, i never call the ex since i deleted her number a long time ago for that reason.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:12 PM
Not Asian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If she is your ex, why would you NEED to talk?

I used to drunk dial all the time and not remember. Somehow I have stopped doing it. I had to delete a lot of numbers for this reason though.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Don't sweat it. It has happened to a number of people. I haven't ever DD-ed my exes, but if she wants to talk that may be a sign that she will at least give you a chance to apologize.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:27 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

The only reason I've never done it is because I delete numbers like any self respecting guy should. Unless you seriously want to give it a second shot, delete the number and move on.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 71 Likes on 28 Posts
Yes, it's a good idea to erase numbers of exes.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:18 PM
fhwagads

I would delete it but kinda pointless as I have it memorized... Might as well make it easier for me to make an ass of myself. Afterall thats what college is all about. I got another message from her after I replied, "what do we need to talk about" responds with "well...we just need to talk i think...i'll let you know later when its a good time for the both of us" First of all I hope shes not gonna tell me shes sucking off with some other dude and second, how the hell is she gonna tell me when a good time to talk for both of us is? Shit maybe I'll be busy doing two chicks at the same time. Ok probably not but one can hope.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:31 PM
"L-I-V-I-N"

Dude, from experience, she's sucking off another dude. Not to be mean, but again, from experience, stop calling.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by NewAgePirate
Dude, from experience, she's sucking off another dude. Not to be mean, but again, from experience, stop calling.
I know that feeling.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

i never DD's anybody ever. maybe thats cus i can handle my liquor.

anyways, who gives a shit man. if you really "want to talk to her" then go ahead IF you see you guys getting back together. otherwise, just be like look my bad, i was drunk and then go bang some hoes.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:43 PM
"L-I-V-I-N"

I know that feeling.
Yeah man. Yeah. It's rough.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by FuriousGeorge83
I would delete it but kinda pointless as I have it memorized... Might as well make it easier for me to make an ass of myself. Afterall thats what college is all about. I got another message from her after I replied, "what do we need to talk about" responds with "well...we just need to talk i think...i'll let you know later when its a good time for the both of us" First of all I hope shes not gonna tell me shes sucking off with some other dude and second, how the hell is she gonna tell me when a good time to talk for both of us is? Shit maybe I'll be busy doing two chicks at the same time. Ok probably not but one can hope.
Just tell her "hey were not together, why should we have to set time aside to talk?" and "hey i was drunk, you dont see me calling you when im sober do you?"
Old 10-24-2005, 10:23 PM
fhwagads

well heres another update, just talked to her and I guess she isnt sucking some other dude off or atleast she hasnt told me about. I guess I yelled at her for not answering her phone as I did to about 10 other people I drunk dialed and yelled at and how I wouldnt ever talkt to any of them again, but then I guess I said something about how shes forgetting about me and blah blah blah. I think I was lonely I was going home from the bar all alone that night. Im a fucking idiot. Well anyways, long story short it comes down to her thinking Im not making an effort to be friends with her anymore cause I never call her. (I told her that we could still be friends cause I cant stand seeing girls cry as she was when I broke up with her) I told her that I called her that night, and she says yeah you only call me when your drunk. and then Im assuming she started to cry again and pretty much made up a lame excuse about how she had to study more hung up on me. Sad part is I still have feelings for her and feel like a jackass for making her feel bad. Its alot harder moving on that I thought it would be.

Last edited by FuriousGeorge83; 10-24-2005 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 71 Likes on 28 Posts
well heres another update, just talked to her and I guess she isnt sucking some other dude off or atleast she hasnt told me about. I guess I yelled at her for not answering her phone as I did to about 10 other people I drunk dialed and yelled at and how I wouldnt ever talkt to any of them again, but then I guess I said something about how shes forgetting about me and blah blah blah. I think I was lonely I was going home from the bar all alone that night. Im a fucking idiot. Well anyways, long story short it comes down to her thinking Im not making an effort to be friends with her anymore cause I never call her. (I told her that we could still be friends cause I cant stand seeing girls cry as she was when I broke up with her) I told her that I called her that night, and she says yeah you only call me when your drunk. and then Im assuming she started to cry again and pretty much made up a lame excuse about how she had to study more hung up on me. Sad part is I still have feelings for her and feel like a jackass for making her feel bad. Its alot harder moving on that I thought it would be.

Sounds like you guys still want one another.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:42 PM

YOU broke up with HER, then DD'd HER? dumbass.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:20 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by NYZGREATST
i never DD's anybody ever. maybe thats cus i can handle my liquor.

anyways, who gives a shit man. if you really "want to talk to her" then go ahead IF you see you guys getting back together. otherwise, just be like look my bad, i was drunk and then go bang some hoes.
^x2

<--- god I love that smiley
Old 10-24-2005, 11:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ghost_masterCL
<--- god I love that smiley
It's the Duck Hunt dog.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:41 PM
East Coast Boost.!

Ex's are Ex's for a reason. Drunk dialing is for high schoolers man.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:00 AM
Safety Car

willpower or pride, cop some.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:33 AM
"L-I-V-I-N"

t's the Duck Hunt dog.
Yes, he haunted my youth.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:08 AM
yeah i'm bored.

Originally Posted by kurt_bradley
I know that feeling.
I can third that. Delete the number, I've been in the same boat as you and it's 99% guaranteed to sink.

Old 10-25-2005, 08:16 AM
I

Received 58 Likes on 24 Posts
That's why you should never keep an ex's number in your phonebook.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:03 AM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Sounds like everything is back under control
So you broke up with her? But you don't want her to be with some other guy? Answer this question, honestly, just yes or no: Do you want to get back together with your ex?
Old 10-25-2005, 11:54 AM
Suzuka Master

At a work event recently there was a presentation from the CEO of Virign Mobile talking about their service. He mentioned that in Europe they now have a feature on their phones that before you go out, you can reverse block set numbers from your phone for a set amount of time. It's used to keep people from drunk dialing their ex's and the like until the next day when they are sober. They are going to be bringing out here in the US shortly. Pretty cool idea IMO.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I try to drunk dial NEW whores...not ones that I've already banged!
Old 10-25-2005, 03:41 PM
fhwagads

Originally Posted by 65 Fury Convert
Sounds like everything is back under control
So you broke up with her? But you don't want her to be with some other guy? Answer this question, honestly, just yes or no: Do you want to get back together with your ex?
Honestly? I think once Im done with school or during winter break I would like to give it another shot. But it was obvious the long distance thing wasnt gonna work. When we are together things are perfect but going to schools 2000 miles apart and trying to stay in a relationship was way to stressful.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kurt_bradley
It's the Duck Hunt dog.
He is such a bastard, I used to try and cap him when I was a kid.

Old 10-25-2005, 11:30 PM
Who am I?

Originally Posted by Nicky Pass
I try to drunk dial NEW whores...not ones that I've already banged!
what he said
Old 10-30-2005, 09:46 PM
Racer

...is not a good idea

dont drink and dial, it could be your life...err i mean wife
Old 10-31-2005, 09:13 AM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
...i'll let you know later when its a good time for the both of us" .
Old 10-31-2005, 11:39 AM
fhwagads

haha yeah that pissed me off, we actually havent spoken to eachother for about a week now and I dont plan on trying to contact her. What do you guys think I should do if she tries to talk to me? I was thinking about blowing her off and then waiting another week before I called but that seems kinda harsh and could ruin any winter break hook up possiblities. I want her to feel bad but at the same time not totally be a dick.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:02 AM
fhwagads

Mike: Okay, so what if I don't want to give up on her?
Rob: You don't call.
Mike: But you said I don't call if I wanted to give up on her.
Rob: Right.
Mike: So I don't call either way?
Mike: So what's the difference?
Rob: There is no difference right now. See, Mike, the only difference between giving up and not giving up is if you take her back when she wants to come back. But you can't do anything to make her want to come back. In fact, you can only do stuff to make her not want to come back.
Mike: So the only difference is if I forget about her or just pretend to forget about her?
Mike: Well that sucks.
Rob: Yeah, it sucks.
Mike: So it's just like a retroactive decision, then? I mean I could, like, forget about her and then when she comes back make like I just pretended to forget about her?
Rob: Right. Although probably more likely the opposite.
Mike: What do you mean?
Rob: I mean at first you're going to pretend to forget about her, you'll not call her, I don't know, whatever... but then eventually, you really will forget about her.
Mike: Well what if she comes back first?
Rob: Mmmm... see, that's the thing, is somehow they know not to come back until you really forget.
Mike: There's the rub.
Rob: There's the rub.

I should just watch swingers whenever I need relationship advice. "Your so fucking money and I dont even know it."