Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

damn..was with my ex tonight at wedding, feelings came back..

Old 09-26-2004, 12:31 AM
s2000 owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn..was with my ex tonight at wedding, feelings came back..

So my bud got married tonight, i was best man, my ex was maid of honor.....And damn i must say it was a great wedding.....but my feelings for my ex i found out arent completely gone....

its been a year almost, i loved this girl, like i have never loved anyone or anything before...we talked a little bit, but not alot as i could sense it was a little uneasy for both of us...we have gone our seperate ways, she has a boyfriend now, and i have a girlfriend....

Its jsut so hard, i dont know if i can ever completely get over her....she litreally broke my heart and it has taken a year to duct tape it back together basically...and now i just feel like i have a knife jabbed back into it again...

I know when i wake up tomarrow it will be a new day and ill prolyl say fuck it since im drunk right now...but damn man it feels so real....
Old 09-26-2004, 10:16 AM
Diamonds are forever...

Maybe it was just the atmosphere of the wedding and all that made you feel that way. I've always been amazed at how resilient the human spirit is, you'll get over it eventually
Old 09-26-2004, 02:26 PM
Banned

yup... give your new girlfriend those feeling... she is the one who is with you... why keep pining over some girl who tore your heart out???

thats wasted energy... move on... she lost out on you... so move on and make some other girl happy..

LIVING WELL IS THE BEST REVENGE>>>
Old 09-26-2004, 02:28 PM
Go Noles!

yeah, that's a tough situation. i'm kind of in a similar one myself right now, except neither of us are dating anyone else exclusively.

but yes, it's hard. maybe try and spend some time with her again? i mean, nothing that would jeopardize your current relationship, but just hang out as friends.

i broke up w/ my ex almost 5 months ago, and now we are back at school and hanging out again and the "weirdness" is gone. we've talked over what went wrong, and came to the conclusion that anything's possible in the future, but we're holding off on anything immediately. i think if you don't rule out anything, you will be much more comfortable with things. it's hard w/ a current bf or gf or whatever, but somehow, everything always seems to work out in the end. who knows, a year from now you could be head over heels in love with someone completely different.

that may have seemed like a bunch of babble, but i hope i could help.
Old 09-26-2004, 05:33 PM
s2000 owner

yeah u guys are right....and i was right about thinking alot clearer now that i am sober...It kinda was the atmosphere and of course she looked good all decked out...but i was able to think straight today and think about all the shit i went through with her and how its not worth it....Kumar your right i will put that effort into the girl im with now, becuase she deserves it...thanks!

and glossy good luck with your situation too, its hard but i guess you jsut gotta stay strong
Old 09-27-2004, 06:51 AM
Banned

thanks for the props... i have been dumped a few times... and for no good reason.. so dont give her the power to hurt you again...

keep the new one happy and i am sure your will follow...
Old 09-27-2004, 07:56 AM
Pit Stop?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old saying - "There is a reason they are your Ex"
Old 09-27-2004, 09:20 AM
My Work is Done Here

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Minch00
Old saying - "There is a reason they are your Ex"

you gotta remember the good and the bad.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:53 PM
97 3.0

Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
Maybe it was just the atmosphere of the wedding and all that made you feel that way. I've always been amazed at how resilient the human spirit is, you'll get over it eventually
Excellent point here ^. I've had that happen. Ya gotta think about what split you up in the first place - rebounds with the same person rarely work and it will be worse breaking up the next time around.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:15 AM
I hate the Mets

I got back with my Ex once....It was OK for about a year, then we broke up again and now that I am with someone who genuinely cares about me, I am a better person and realize how much better this new girl is...

Love is blinding, you'll wake up soon enough