Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Common notion: women have better non-verbal skills than men... correct

Old 01-05-2009, 02:23 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by arstraub
The only people who call me names are guy friends who I know are kidding. If my sig. other says im being a bitch, I wouldn't say anything bad back to him, I'd just ask him where he's coming from. It'd be useless for us to just get upset @ one another, so I take the time to figure out why he's saying things - but I suppose this ONLY applies to my sig. other. I guess I just don't hang out with people who would honestly call me names; tends to be that my circle of friends has more respect for me than that.
Understood, but being bitchy and calling you a bitch are two different things or meanings. Besides, it was hypothetical, not necessarily about you and him as you are now.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know I'm a week laid, but Amis pretty much hit it spot on and took the words right out of my mouth (maybe we've studied under the same grandmaster or something...). I doubt these women are truly insulting you. It sounds like simple flirting and you're being overly sensitive. Best thing to do is give it back to her.

One time I was at a happy hour and a co-worker brought a girl out who was like this, except with everyone. And sure it was fun to bust each others balls back and forth, but eventually she overdid it and it got old. So the rest of us said "enough with this girl, lets go somewhere else." But we didn't yell and scream and say STFU.

Even the nicest, sweetest girl is going to bust your balls from time to time just to test your mettle. This is your chance to prove to her you're a manly man and not a sensitive wimp.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike 350Z
I know I'm a week laid,...
Wow, you must be tired!

Originally Posted by Mike 350Z
... Even the nicest, sweetest girl is going to bust your balls from time to time just to test your mettle. ...
I can attest to that. My gf is very reserved and shy and quiet, but after several months of togetherness is only now just beginning to tease and mock me a little, usually with a knowing smirk, followed by, "I'm only teasing" just so there's no mistake.

A final thought ... if you get upset and yell and get all red in the face, many can find fault in your actions or character, regardless if the provocation is intentional or just misunderstood flirting. If you simply ignore the perceived insult, and brush it off quietly, no one can find fault in your behavior. Think it over. Sometimes taking the high road doesn't "even the score," but wins the game all the same.

Last edited by davidspalding; 01-08-2009 at 09:28 AM.