Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Breaking off an Engagement

Old 03-10-2005, 11:58 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jlukja
She was a drama queen. Stay away. She was NOT your soul mate. Soul mates see eye to eye and she's laying a major quilt trip on you.
Totally agree!!
Old 03-11-2005, 01:54 AM
Diamonds are forever...

Originally Posted by DarkSithGirl
dark and I are no longer together. Not really sure why, his call.
damn this needs it's own thread Hope you guys work things out.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:02 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
damn this needs it's own thread Hope you guys work things out.
you can't work something out unless you know what the problem is...and that I don't. I have just decided that men, like some women, only want a female that treats them like shit. And that's just not me...I treat my men with respect, love, and loyalty. I guess not every man is looking for that kind of woman.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:11 AM
'07 November = STI

to anokha:

dump her.. obviously.. she doesnt watch TV.. if she saw one episode of friends.. she'd probably faint or cry or something..

this day and age.. she should know that people sleep with other people all the freakin time.. she sounds like a whiney, stubbourn, disturbed, or even traumatized individual.. give up on her.. if she cant face these kind of situations.. she cant face marriage

you can't work something out unless you know what the problem is...and that I don't. I have just decided that men, like some women, only want a female that treats them like shit. And that's just not me...I treat my men with respect, love, and loyalty. I guess not every man is looking for that kind of woman.
maybe u should start thinking of a new logon name? u cant both have darksith in there.. you'd permanately be bonded.. unless.. thats what u guyz want...
Old 03-11-2005, 02:21 AM
Diamonds are forever...

Well, I'd hope that finding the problem would be included in working it out. Maybe there just isn't enough communication? In any case, I hope everything works out for the best
Old 03-11-2005, 02:27 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by legendaryCL98
to anokha:

dump her.. obviously.. she doesnt watch TV.. if she saw one episode of friends.. she'd probably faint or cry or something..

this day and age.. she should know that people sleep with other people all the freakin time.. she sounds like a whiney, stubbourn, disturbed, or even traumatized individual.. give up on her.. if she cant face these kind of situations.. she cant face marriage

maybe u should start thinking of a new logon name? u cant both have darksith in there.. you'd permanately be bonded.. unless.. thats what u guyz want...
I asked a mod about changing my name and haven't heard anything. Do you know how I can change it?
Old 03-11-2005, 02:28 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
Well, I'd hope that finding the problem would be included in working it out. Maybe there just isn't enough communication? In any case, I hope everything works out for the best
You'r right...he won't communicate with me and I can't force him too...you either want to be in a relationship or you don't....and obviously he doesn't..and that's ok...God will take care of me and provide me with someone who will love me unconditionally and want to be with me.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:35 AM
Be Strong AND Courageous!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
You guys know I call on most of what she has said here, but I am quite bored with the specifics... ...I will make no further comment...
Old 03-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Drifting

that needs to be another thread. we're talking about anokha and his crazy indian girl here.

like i said in veeral's thread from yesterday: indian women, they crazy. life's just too damn short to keep it filled with drama. and if you're with an indian girl, chances are it's headed that way. maybe they watch too many damn hindi movies or something....

anyway, good luck ash. i personally haven't gone through something like this, but i always hear about it. i try to keep my life simple and free from the negativity that results from a relationship filled with drama. it sounds like she needs to grow up some. so my advice is, let her go and move on; there are other women out there. in the end, this will probably end up working out better for both of you.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:23 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Originally Posted by Gpump
1) Too much of a drama queen - not worth it.
2) You slept with TWO other girls, not twenty. See #1
3) Marriage is kinda permanent - you can get divorced but even that follows you forever - I wouldn't waste it on this girl.
X 996452278321232354 Dump Here now and save the Wedding AND Divorce money.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:19 PM
ric
Safety Car

I ran across a card that my wife sent me a few weeks ago in the office -

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us. (Helen Keller) It's a kind of a hokey line, but the fact that Keller wrote it lets you know it wasn't ginned up by some Hallmark writer............

A woman that I lived with for three years broke off the relationship just before the point that most folks assumed we would marry. It was real, we were real together, and the relationship crumbled because, ultimately, there was not the core trust there to support a marriage............. the details aren't important; while she initiated the breakup, it became mutual by the time we were done. Soooooooooo, I came to believe that, at the age of 33, I was marital pond scum, never to be married, never to have an enduring relationship, and immersed myself in work. Worked overtime, built a moonlight practice and taught at night. Essentially created a life where I was working 80-90 hours a week; the only social life was with my personal clients, usually rich married older folks who kept on fixing me up with someone's cousin......................No time for a real social life; didn't need it, didn't want it, too painful, not good marriage material, "difficult placement", yadayadayada

Then I met this neat woman at work (same firm, different division), who was busting out of a crapped marriage by going back into the workforce, and she - too - was a compulsive worker, and we shared the same coffee machine at midnight. Became good friends, then great friends, then I took a job in a city 1200 miles away, and we discovered that we really - shockingly - really - were, well, romantically inclined. We shifted the basis of the relationship, she eventually got divorced, I returned to the east coast, and we got married, about 19 years ago. Not all peaches and cream, we have had some tough times of it, but I could not be more happily married.

The pain of a shattered romance can be incredible, but it does let you know that you know how to care, and it does leave you open to allow life to provide you with more and different options.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ric
I ran across a card that my wife sent me a few weeks ago in the office -

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us. (Helen Keller) It's a kind of a hokey line, but the fact that Keller wrote it lets you know it wasn't ginned up by some Hallmark writer............

A woman that I lived with for three years broke off the relationship just before the point that most folks assumed we would marry. It was real, we were real together, and the relationship crumbled because, ultimately, there was not the core trust there to support a marriage............. the details aren't important; while she initiated the breakup, it became mutual by the time we were done. Soooooooooo, I came to believe that, at the age of 33, I was marital pond scum, never to be married, never to have an enduring relationship, and immersed myself in work. Worked overtime, built a moonlight practice and taught at night. Essentially created a life where I was working 80-90 hours a week; the only social life was with my personal clients, usually rich married older folks who kept on fixing me up with someone's cousin......................No time for a real social life; didn't need it, didn't want it, too painful, not good marriage material, "difficult placement", yadayadayada

Then I met this neat woman at work (same firm, different division), who was busting out of a crapped marriage by going back into the workforce, and she - too - was a compulsive worker, and we shared the same coffee machine at midnight. Became good friends, then great friends, then I took a job in a city 1200 miles away, and we discovered that we really - shockingly - really - were, well, romantically inclined. We shifted the basis of the relationship, she eventually got divorced, I returned to the east coast, and we got married, about 19 years ago. Not all peaches and cream, we have had some tough times of it, but I could not be more happily married.

The pain of a shattered romance can be incredible, but it does let you know that you know how to care, and it does leave you open to allow life to provide you with more and different options.
eloquently put
Old 03-11-2005, 06:39 PM
Diamonds are forever...

Originally Posted by ric
Thats beautiful, almost cried
Old 03-11-2005, 06:47 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
hey amn, if she really wanted to work it out she would be there, i was in the same situation, i got sick of it after a year or so, and straight up told her, either straighten up or i am out ofhere, i told her that i couldnt take it anymore, and it borders on mental abuse, and things have been great, she knows i am not going anywhere
Old 03-11-2005, 07:25 PM
I make Boom Boom in

I think what she is really trying to say is, "I want to have sex with other people too." Or, "I went home and did some bad things (or a new guy caught my attention), so I try to make it sound like it's your fault for the way I feel, because it's easier to justify breaking up and/or doing the deed with someone else when I can place the blame on you."

I am in the same boat as you except my fiance doesn't feel like your girl. She knows it doesn't get better than me.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:27 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by txathlete
I think what she is really trying to say is, "I want to have sex with other people too." Or, "I went home and did some bad things (or a new guy caught my attention), so I try to make it sound like it's your fault for the way I feel, because it's easier to justify breaking up and/or doing the deed with someone else when I can place the blame on you."

I am in the same boat as you except my fiance doesn't feel like your girl. She knows it doesn't get better than me.
That was my first hunch, maybe but I know there is no other guy in the picture. That I know forsure. I know her dealiing with my past has come up in the past several times and only thing i can think of.. is that she got tired of thinking and dealing with it?

All i know is that if this was true love, she would do WUTEVER it takes to work on it and make it! But she is giving up and that should be a sign for me to move on and perhaps look elsewhere.

She had some baggage too from the past, but i left it In the past, where it belongs.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ric
Thanks again and again for ur kind words and advice. I truly appreciate urs and EVERYONE else's input on this board.

This is indeed hard for me, to get over someone i feel so strongly bout. But i have to do this for myself so i can start living again. In the long run, i rather be with someone who will accept me for who I am. I should not have to live in fear of when might that person leave me becuase of what i say or do. Yes, when things are good with her, im truly on cloud nine, but with her things got ugly very quickly and there was no controlling it.. soo unpredictable .. i hated it !

Ash.