Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Am I anti-social?..

Old 01-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Finding my TL-S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I anti-social?..

So, ever since all my good friends left for college this past fall, ive kinda been pretty choosey about when i go out. I dont have any BEST friends left in san antonio, as i am the only one of my friends that stayed in town for college. My best friend moved to college station and comes down every so often. Now to the point. all my friends are telling me that i have become antisocial since college started. Its not that i dont like going out with people, its just that, i dont enjoy these new people that moved here and go to the same college as me, as much as i did my old friends. If they call me and tell me that we are going to a friends house and going to 'chill', i tend to not want to go, just because nothing ever happens when we just go to 'chill'. If there are actual plans, then im down. but there never is. and since im the only one that doesnt go, they are calling me antisocial. ive learnt that i enjoy being by myself at home, just sitting on the couch and relaxing..maybe im just used to always having plans, and now that no one makes plans(or if they are WHACK) i just dont see a good enough reason to leave the house..

..talk about a rambling..
Old 01-21-2008, 11:02 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BackToStock
So, ever since all my good friends left for college this past fall, ive kinda been pretty choosey about when i go out. I dont have any BEST friends left in san antonio, as i am the only one of my friends that stayed in town for college. My best friend moved to college station and comes down every so often. Now to the point. all my friends are telling me that i have become antisocial since college started. Its not that i dont like going out with people, its just that, i dont enjoy these new people that moved here and go to the same college as me, as much as i did my old friends. If they call me and tell me that we are going to a friends house and going to 'chill', i tend to not want to go, just because nothing ever happens when we just go to 'chill'. If there are actual plans, then im down. but there never is. and since im the only one that doesnt go, they are calling me antisocial. ive learnt that i enjoy being by myself at home, just sitting on the couch and relaxing..maybe im just used to always having plans, and now that no one makes plans(or if they are WHACK) i just dont see a good enough reason to leave the house..

..talk about a rambling..
1) Put a woman in there somewhere. Or I'm gonna jump to conclusions.
2) Why don't you call up the people you are talking about and invite them to do things that you like to do?
3) Put a woman in there somewhere.
4) You are too young to hide behind this computer screen. Nothing wrong with making new friends, and missing the old ones, unless they are all guys. In that case, see solution #2.
5) These are your formative years. If you lapse into withdrawal and solitude at a young age, you may be hard-pressed to free yourself from it's bondage.
6) Put a woman in there somewhere. You get where I am going with this?

Good luck!
Old 01-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Finding my TL-S

haha, i only had 2 guys in my old friend group. rest were females. hooked up with all of them within the 4 years of high school
Old 01-21-2008, 11:06 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BackToStock
haha, i only had 2 guys in my old friend group. rest were females. hooked up with all of them within the 4 years of high school
Then start initiating the fun with these new folks and get your anti-social ass outside!
Old 01-22-2008, 01:44 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by darksom1
Then start initiating the fun with these new folks and get your anti-social ass outside!
Get out there man. I consider myself anti-social because I hang out with my friends and girlfriend, but in general I hate being out around "other" people. But not going out with new people to establish some new friends takes it to an extreme.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:35 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i couldnt tell if u stayed in san antonio to go to school or not. but if u did and go to a university look into joining a fraternity. if a "frat" isnt ur thing try a sports club or something else on campus.

if not in school find a girl, find a girl find a girl.

luther
Old 01-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Suzuka Master

I wouldn't say you're anti-social, because no one wants to hang out in a boring environment. but if it's always "boring" then maybe you should step up and come up with some cool, fun things for the group to do.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:29 AM
F1 cart racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey man, i was and are in the same situation as you currently. i have a core group of freinds i have always chilled with and we all have chosen to go to different schools. i also stayed in town and however i do not live on campus. when we are all on breaks we go out and have fun. drung school however one of the main reasons i chose not to stay on campus was the small dorms, the school is and ok distance from my house where i have everything and can garage my car, and on top of that my job--i had an opportunity to make money and i took it. during the week i'm pretty much busy all the time. on the weekends though i like to just chill and relax.

there are girls and guys up on campus that i chill with regularly, some times they'll call me up and be like come chill well sometimes i don't feel like moving to drive all the way up there to do nothing, sure i do enjoy chillen with them but sometimes i need that break away from school. i do however go up and chill but sometimes i need the weekend to unwind. i go 6am-12pm mwf with school and work so it's get tiring.

but hey u got to do what u got to do. your not as close to these new friends then you where with your past freinds. me and my best freinds just now how to have fun and where some kids just bore me. so i don't like to just run around for nothing. like you, when my freinds are home i always have plans but i do try and make plans myself.

wow i just rambled on.......w/e just my experiance
Old 01-22-2008, 11:34 AM
‹^› ‹(•ż•)› ‹^›

Look up the real definition of anti-social (psych dweebs get exasperated when people use the term incorrectly).

In any event, definitely quit being a homebody. You gotta break out of the comfort level and at least try to socialize and meet new people. I understand the positives of being a non-social (especially if you're more mature than your peers) but you're just too young. A lot of people regret not doing all they could have done during their college years (youthful indiscretions) ... and once you get into the grind of work, family, etc. you'll probably wonder why you didn't put forth more effort.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:41 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
I'm not sure I agree with the whole "find a girl" thing. If you are kind of not feeling the going out thing, when you find a girl, you are likely to still be sitting around, but now you have added this girl. Then one of two things happens.

If the girl is kind of a homebody, you own her. You spend ALL of your time together, just because you have nothing better to do. Then when your friends do come around you wind up pissing her off because you are not spending time with her.

If the girl is more outgoing, you do things, go places and hang out with HER friends. That's fine if you are going to marry this girl, but it's a little too early to be deciding that. So the next thing that happens is you two break up, now you have no girl and no friends, or you have to share friends with your ex. Bad news either way.

My advice is to find some new people to hang out with before thinking about a girl. Joining a club/frat/sports team and finding something social to do is your best bet.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Team Owner

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,211 Posts
I put this in your "other" thread...

You need to find something to do. 18 is not the age to be sitting around the house. There will be plenty of time for that when you are 36, married, and have three kids.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:23 AM
COME AT ME BRO!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Dark hit the nail on the head 3 times in the same post. GET OFF YOUR ASS AND GET A GIRL!
Old 02-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Advanced

put a women in there. LOL! sorry, i had to.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
Meet other acura-honda owners at your school, start a school car club, or post in the Meets thread for acurazine members in your area.
Start your own car club-do a charity fund raiser- hot cars and hot chicks calendar photo shoot, etc
Outgrowing people is part of life. New people mean new experiences and life is all about the experience. Choices and consequences- thats where its at~
You can play video games and get high, or take that money and time to a real racetrack and learn to push the TL to its limits.
An old guys perspective