Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

1st Date ideas...

Old 06-09-2005, 11:21 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Tireguy
youngTL- I agree with what your saying. We are at completely different stages in our lives(but not that far apart in age) so we both have different views on the what/how's of dating. Its funny you mention me owning "normal" cloths, because up to a few months ago I didn't! lol I have employed a college going friend to freshen up my look, so now I do have some "normal" cloths. I bought a pair of sneakers, which I liked, but me being a dumb ass bought prada's so I had to buy another "low key" pair to blend in!

Again I do understand(at least I think I do) where your coming from and it sounds like your saying balance is the key- if that is the case then I agree completely. And ambiguity is a must with some subjects until you get to know someone better, I have never told a girl I was dating what I made or even eluded to it- to me that's just bad taste.

I don't own a house at all, yet. I am saving to buy a big oversized house that has more room then I need. I can justify this because, (i) I like nice things and a nice house is the ultimate "nice thing", (ii) houses are GREAT investments and I am a jew and like to make money with everything I do. The mere fact I can live in it, have something nice and make money- you can't lose!

One quick question since you seem very style conscious, I know you said NO long sleeved shirts unless its cold. What do you think of a long sleeve shirt with the sleeves loosely rolled up? I haven't done this in a while but used to a lot, it was a very relaxed fresh look- or at least I thought!
I'm baaaaaack! Okay I'll concede you on the house thing. But yes, rolling up the sleeves on a long sleeve is HOT. If it gets cold you can roll them down. My main point was to not look like a prude. Baring some sking (but not too much) shows that cute vulnerability again. Even a sweatshirt where you slide the sleeves up just below your elbows or a tad farther down looks hot. To Xenogen, there's no reason why you can't be yourself and update your style. I'm just giving advice on how I THINK someone needs to dress in order to AVOID looking like they have too much money. I'm not saying that you should dress in the "jock look" or whatever else look if you feel very uncomfortable with it or it doesn't feel like you. Because if you do that, the whole point of everything is lost because the girl will sense that you're feeling awkward.

Oh, and as for running shoes, there's no reason you can't buy an expensive, high quality pair from a plebian brand. NewBalance, Nike, any of that. The reason is that their $200 shoes look like their $120 shoes and so on. So why not get the best feeling pair?
Old 06-09-2005, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mike97 3.0P
Why no striped shirts? Most of the nice polo shirts I have are striped, I have very few solid color shrits
That comment was addressed to MikeMcCready because he didn't want to come across looking rich. I doubt that you've paid close attention to guys at bars, but if you did, you would notice that the ones in the expensive striped button down shirts and the super gelled up hair are the ones that come across as standoffish assholes. Maybe there are some girls reading this who can chime in with their opinions. From what I've seen, these type of guys have a reputation for being "slick" and girls seem to instinctively know (even subconciously) that these guys are just there to get in their pants. They're most likely the smooth talkers who are trying to impress somebody. IMO, the last thing you want to do is look like you're trying too hard to impress people. You want to look HOT, but in an understated cute sort of way. Dammit, it's hard to put that into better words. I can't really think of how to say it differently.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:31 PM
I

Received 58 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by youngTL
I'm baaaaaack! Okay I'll concede you on the house thing. But yes, rolling up the sleeves on a long sleeve is HOT. If it gets cold you can roll them down. My main point was to not look like a prude. Baring some sking (but not too much) shows that cute vulnerability again. Even a sweatshirt where you slide the sleeves up just below your elbows or a tad farther down looks hot.
Are we trying to attract gay guys or chicks?

Just wondering.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by txathlete
Never do a dinner and a movie. That's just stupid for a first date. If dinner sucked, you have to go sit through a 2 hour movie with someone you don't like and if you do like them, you can't talk (b/c that would be rude in a movie theater) to them, meaningfully, for 2 hours. But you can do movie and a dinner...meh, sounds just as lame.

I like to take them to dinner and then dancing, b/c after that magically their panty drops.
If the dinner sucked, at least you can pick up on a chics at the club.
Good idea! If you bring them to the club (at least if they have their own transportation), if dinner went bad, she can drift away from you and go have fun on her own, and you can be rid of her.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by FastAcura
Are we trying to attract gay guys or chicks?

Just wondering.
We are trying to attract chicks, females, women. I get hit on by girls on a regular basis without even trying to get them to come towards me (when I'm at regular bars and stuff). It's cause I look vulnerable and cute

What makes you think that girls don't find the same features attractive? Everyone likes a manly man, well almost.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I get hit on by gay dudes when I wear my salmon, sunflower, and lavender shirts
Old 06-09-2005, 11:43 PM
I make Boom Boom in

Good idea! If you bring them to the club (at least if they have their own transportation), if dinner went bad, she can drift away from you and go have fun on her own, and you can be rid of her.
Plus, what better way to break the touch barrier than dancing close.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Xenogen
I get hit on by gay dudes when I wear my salmon, sunflower, and lavender shirts
:gheyfight:

I'm sure you're kidding. But another reason to avoid the preppy gelled up look is that it's in style with the flamey guys right now and you might get mistakenly hit on by a gay guy dressed in the exact same stuff .

Gay guys don't hit on me outside the bar, because I'm not readily identifiable as gay. When I'm at the gay bar it's just assumed that almost all the guys there are gay, so it's free reign to hit on me (it happens more than I'd like). Oh and I just turn my back on the guys dressed like that, because usually they're flamey. I might pay attention if they're super hot though. But usually they aren't because they're all skinny and gross. But I digress YET AGAIN.

I thought we already had a whole thread on pink shirts. Basically wear it if you're comfortable in it, but expect the consequences
Old 06-09-2005, 11:48 PM
Banned

Just one time...by a dude in BR
Old 06-09-2005, 11:50 PM
I make Boom Boom in

There's this guy in one of my classes who pops his collar. I wanna punch him in the back of his head sooooooo friggin bad.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:50 PM

Plus, what better way to break the touch barrier than dancing close.
YES! It's definately brilliant. I would try not to make the first move, but get really close and kinda tease a bit. This has worked for me before, and I'm sure it works the same way with girls.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:51 PM
I make Boom Boom in

I went to a "gay" club once with an ex-gf and was pinched in the ass by a drag queen. I felt violated. No more gay clubs for me.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:51 PM
Banned

There's this guy in one of my classes who pops his collar. I wanna punch him in the back of his head sooooooo friggin bad.
Like Nike use to say....Just Do It
Old 06-09-2005, 11:53 PM
I make Boom Boom in

YES! It's definately brilliant. I would try not to make the first move, but get really close and kinda tease a bit. This has worked for me before, and I'm sure it works the same way with girls.
I was getting my groove on with this chic on the dance floor and I asked her if she minded if I gave her a kiss...french kiss. She said no. And she had a friggin bf! It's something about dancing, the atmosphere, the sweat, etc... it's just so hooooot!
Old 06-09-2005, 11:58 PM

I went to a "gay" club once with an ex-gf and was pinched in the ass by a drag queen. I felt violated. No more gay clubs for me.
Oh man, I HATE drag queens. They annoy me sooooo much. You think that was bad? I got my crotch grabbed from the side. I punched the bitch and almost got kicked out, but they let me stay after I explained myself. Now THAT was feeling violated! Those are terrible places to be unless you learn to watch your back and stick up for yourself. I don't recommend that straight guys go there unless you have several gay friends watching your back and telling the guys to leave you alone.

On the other hand, how you felt is exactly how girls feel when guys do stuff like that to them, or make lewd comments to them.

The only time I'd ever say it's okay for a straight guy to go to a gay bar with only one female friend is if he's ugly. If you're ugly you will NEVER get hit on there.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:59 PM
I make Boom Boom in

^^I meant I got credit card checked.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:00 AM
Suzuka Master

dinner and clubbing is kinda hard though. you go eat at say 8ish-9. have a good convo and finish at 10-10:30. that seems a lil too early to go to a club.

besides, girls don't wear club clothes to have dinner anyway.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:00 AM
Banned

The only time I'd ever say it's okay for a straight guy to go to a gay bar with only one female friend is if he's ugly. If you're ugly you will NEVER get hit on there.
Hes gotta be ugly if is going to a gay bar with a galpal.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:02 AM
I make Boom Boom in

There are some hot chics at the gay clubs b/c they don't get hit on like they do at the regular club. You just gotta weed the lipsticks from the straights.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:04 AM

^^I meant I got credit card checked.
HOLLLLLLLLY SHIT! Man you have restraint! I woulda decked "her"! A girl did that to me once (she was drunk out of her mind), and I slapped her across the face and left. She seemed so scandalized that she'd get slapped, but she deserved it. That drag queen that did what was done to you deserves worse by far. All they do is contribute to the bad outlook that society has on gay guys and I wish they wouldn't act like they are the queen of everything! ARGHHHHHHH
Old 06-10-2005, 12:04 AM
I make Boom Boom in

Originally Posted by Chinisimo
dinner and clubbing is kinda hard though. you go eat at say 8ish-9. have a good convo and finish at 10-10:30. that seems a lil too early to go to a club.

besides, girls don't wear club clothes to have dinner anyway.
True, true, but they usually wear something nice...like nice tight pants and a nice blouse or a skirt/dress. They don't have to dress like a skank to go clubbing. 10-10:30 cheap drinks. Great time to get them to lose their inhibitions.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:06 AM
I make Boom Boom in

HOLLLLLLLLY SHIT! Man you have restraint! I woulda decked "her"! A girl did that to me once (she was drunk out of her mind), and I slapped her across the face and left. She seemed so scandalized that she'd get slapped, but she deserved it. That drag queen that did what was done to you deserves worse by far. All they do is contribute to the bad outlook that society has on gay guys and I wish they wouldn't act like they are the queen of everything! ARGHHHHHHH
yeah, I learned my lesson. Curse this fine ass of mine!
Old 06-10-2005, 12:07 AM

There are some hot chics at the gay clubs b/c they don't get hit on like they do at the regular club. You just gotta weed the lipsticks from the straights.
If you can do that, it's an almost 100% guaranteed date. Most of them have gay friends and you score brownie points with them for being comfortable enough with your straighness to even be in a gay bar.

Now, weeding out lipstick lesbians from straight girls is TOUGH. At least for me. I can never ever tell.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:11 AM
I make Boom Boom in

Well, if they let me touch them and kiss them, then it's a done deal. Just gotta watch out for the butches...some of them are scary.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:12 AM

yeah, I learned my lesson. Curse this fine ass of mine!
Ahhh but I bet it contributed to a few dates from girls, no? A nice bubble butt is enough to get girls to stare at you at the very least. It puts you on their radar. As guys, we're lucky that we don't get cellulite asses like girls do. So it's a lot less work for a guy to have a fine ass than it is for a girl to have one (unless you like fat chicks, then the advantage goes to girls for ease of getting a fat butt, sorry girls )

With my female friends we sometimes check out guys from afar, especially when we're at straight bars, and I'm usually better at spotting hotties. Then they go and hit on them, and Tina usually hooks up so I'm stuck going home by myself, but I don't mind. But I digress.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:14 AM

Well, if they let me touch them and kiss them, then it's a done deal. Just gotta watch out for the butches...some of them are scary.
"EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU BOTHERING MY GIRLFRIEND?"

(said in a deep, gruff voice, and you realize that she's about twice your weight, most of it fat. That's when you before you get squashed!)
Old 06-10-2005, 12:17 AM
I make Boom Boom in

So what's the consensus of first dates?

1. Dress to impress but don't look like you are trying too hard.
2. Take them to some place nice, not cheap or too expensive.
3. Don't wear too much cologne. If you can smell it on you, then it's too much.
4. Brush your teeth. Nothing is worse than bad breath, except whitey-tighties and skidmarks.
5. Never go out on a full load (?)
6. Dinner and dancing breaks the touch barrier.
7. If all else fails, alcohol/beer: helping ugly people get laid since 1842.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:19 AM
Banned

4. Brush your teeth. Nothing is worse than bad breath, except whitey-tighties and skidmarks.
We wasted all that time for this....I thought this was common knowledge
Old 06-10-2005, 12:19 AM
Banned

OK...well #6 I wouldnt have thought of
Old 06-10-2005, 12:20 AM

1. Agreed.
2. Agreed somewhat. Sometimes an at home date or an activity is fine.
3. x 100000000000! Too much cologne is a big turnoff and implies that you have bad smells to hide!
4. Agreed.
6. Agreed.
7. Agreed x 2 hehe
Old 06-10-2005, 12:20 AM
I make Boom Boom in

"EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU BOTHERING MY GIRLFRIEND?"

(said in a deep, gruff voice, and you realize that she's about twice your weight, most of it fat. That's when you before you get squashed!)
That's when I say I am a lesbian too! I love the p*ssy.
Either that or "are you Bi-curious?"
Old 06-10-2005, 12:22 AM
I make Boom Boom in

We wasted all that time for this....I thought this was common knowledge
For those of us with game....it's like ingrained in our genetics. lol.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:24 AM
Banned

For those of us with game....it's like ingrained in our genetics. lol.
Excuse my ignorance
Old 06-10-2005, 12:24 AM
I make Boom Boom in

1. Agreed.
2. Agreed somewhat. Sometimes an at home date or an activity is fine.
3. x 100000000000! Too much cologne is a big turnoff and implies that you have bad smells to hide!
4. Agreed.
6. Agreed.
7. Agreed x 2 hehe
Isn't a home date too soon for a first date? If I was a chick, I would think that is pretty creepy. Dude could be a Jeffrey Dahmer serial killer-rapist. Somewhere public on a first date is good.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:26 AM

Isn't a home date too soon for a first date? If I was a chick, I would think that is pretty creepy. Dude could be a Jeffrey Dahmer serial killer-rapist. Somewhere public on a first date is good.
You're right, I'm wrong. For a first date it's kinda dangerous. Or, like our resident victim of leghumpers (we all know who she is ) could have a ten inch dildo in her apartment, just quivering waiting to be used.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:45 AM
I make Boom Boom in

I have never had a negative experience with this, but when you are clubbing and you are getting your groove on with a chic on the dance floor and you start to get a chub, do you press into her more so she knows what's up or do you back away and hope she didn't notice?

I press and it has always gotten me where I wanted the date to end.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:48 AM
Banned

Uuuh...I always thought that was lame when that happened to dudes in the club. Its like they cant control it or something. These bitches must be grindin on you hard then...
Old 06-10-2005, 12:49 AM

I have never had a negative experience with this, but when you are clubbing and you are getting your groove on with a chic on the dance floor and you start to get a chub, do you press into her more so she knows what's up or do you back away and hope she didn't notice?

I press and it has always gotten me where I wanted the date to end.
That's a guaranteed score for me. But I haven't tried it on a woman. Some girls seem to have this weird idea that dicks are gross or a man is being perverted if he does something like that, when REALLY, deep down, it's making her box wet.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:57 AM
I make Boom Boom in

Uuuh...I always thought that was lame when that happened to dudes in the club. Its like they cant control it or something. These bitches must be grindin on you hard then...
Something...it's my non-verbal cue to tell them to expect some action when the date ends.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:58 AM

Something...it's my non-verbal cue to tell them to expect some action when the date ends.
If she grinds herself into it over and over, you know she's just itchin for the action!

Quick Reply: 1st Date ideas...