MMmmm Pizza **part 2**

Old 09-14-2003, 04:41 PM
6SPDCLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MMmmm Pizza **part 2**

shit, 4th time is a lucky charm...

it tastes fantastic...shit, and you won't believe the costs...cheaper than a Mugen sticker!!

Here is the result WITH A PIZZA STONE...it is a must to make homestyle pizza....A MUST..

Here is the recipe (it's my own):

THE DOUGH: (most important)

In order to achieve the above picture consistency, it's very easy to do..everyone should make pizza at home period. No one should pay $10 for a pizza...NO ONE

Here's how to do it DDT style:

Ingredients:
* 1pk Active Dry Yeast (50% quick rise RED STAR BRAND)
* Flour (shit, as much as you can storage)
* Some oil (olive or corn, whatever u have)
*Italian seasoning..or if you want, basil, thyme, rosemary, shit like that
*Salt
*Sugar
*Water
*Garlic powder
*onion powder
*tiger palm...explain in a minute

1) Take 2/3CUP (less than 125 degree water; between 115-130 is ok)...just boil some hot water, pour out about 1/2 cup, then add some cold water to get 2/3)...

2) Take the temperature of the water...just make sure it's about 125 or so..it's ok...then you take a packet of yeast (red star brand 50% active yeast is better)...pour it in directly in the bowl of 2/3 cup of water...mix with spoon...when you dump the yeast in, you can always add a pinch or more of sugar...to the same bowl..and mix in with yeast

3) Let yeast settle a bit...you'll see it kinda bubble...I usually just leave it in the bowl of water for about 8 minutes..or so..
When yeast is getting active (the bubbling effect), get a large ass bowl..I mean deep and large...put about 2 cups of flour in to the bowl (unsifted is fine) then add your seasoning:

In bowl:
Add 2 cups of flour, probably 5 teaspoons worth of italian herbs...or whatever herbs you want...put in about 3 tblspoon or more worth of garlic, about 1 tblspoon of ONION powder if you'd like...THIS IS IMPORTANT...ADD ONLY ABOUT 3 big ass pinches of salt..NO MORE...unless you are a saltcoholic...then about a large pinch of sugar...mix it up with a spoon whatever spoon large enough...

4) When yeast has been idling (bubbling) for about 8-10minutes, dump it in the mixture of flour and other shit...stir it around at first..then after it has kinda turned into wet flour/goo, dump about 1 cup of flour more into the bowl mixture...BUT you should flour up your entire hands first...then dump the rest into the bowl...USING YOUR HANDS, just mix it all up..until it's kinda wet glob...it shouldn't be WET WET...it' should be gooey/soggy...what you do next is dump 1 more cup of flour (that makes it a total of 4 cups of flour)....mix it in...then what you do is:

5) FOLD THE DOUGH in half and press down tiger palm style..using your palm, knead the dough..then fold in half again..on top of each other...it doesn't matter really, just as long as you keep kneading the damn dough...it will get sticky..just rub your two hands together and the stick shit will flake off into the bowl...get 1/2 cup more flour and knead into the dough again...keep adding about 1/4 more at a time until the dough is kinda of sticky yet not TOO STICKY...press your finger into the dough and see if it sticks to your finger..if it does, add a pinch at a time more to the dough and fold and knead..until it's NOT QUITE THAT STICKY...

6) cover with saran wrap, let settle for about 30 minutes - 1 hour...then take off saran wrap and knead again tiger palm style..folding and kneading...it'll be a bit sticky...so add large pinches of flour to the dough..fold and knead...fold and knead...it should get less and less sticky..just press your fingers into the dough AFTER YOU HAVE KNEADED ALL THE SPARE FLOUR AWAY...it shouldn't stick to your fingers..when I say stick, I mean STICKY like residue left on your fingers...just keep on kneading and folding..adding pinches of flour everytime the dough gets kinda moist feeling again...it will feel kinda moist but not WET/soggy nor will it stick residue to your fingers..if you get it to that consistency, you are done!

7) cut dough in half, this makes about 2 13.5" pizzas...take the first one with a dough roller or take a bottle or something round..and roll it into a small pie...then it should feel kinda ELASTIC...take it..and if you want, throw it in the air..stretching the dough everytime it lands on your knuckles...do whatever you like to stretch out the dough to a pizza shape...the pizza dough should not break..it should be very rubberbandish..but not HARD to work with..

8) roll up the edges when you have a pizza shape or don't if you want no breaded edge...then you just add your topping sauces and toppings to your liking..

9) MAKE SURE YOU SET TEMPERATURE OF OVEN TO BAKE AT 500DEGREES...THEN YOU PUT THE ENTIRE PIZZA STONE INTO THE OVEN WHILE IT'S PREHEATING..WHEN IT'S DONE PREHEATING, TURN DOWN TO 450. When you are ready what you do is this..I have a hard way of doing it...QUICKLY TAKE OUT THE PIZZA STONE...TAKE YOUR ROUNDED PIZZA DOUGH AND PLACE IT DIRECTLY ON THE STONE ASAP. THEN YOU MUST DO AS FAST AS YOU CAN, put on sauce then toppings...then stick that bitch back into the oven and BAKE FOR ABOUT 15 minutes or less...IT WILL LOOK LIKE THE ABOVE PICTURE.

You can find topping sauces on the net..but here is what I created that works:

1 can of tomato paste (6 oz)
1 can of tomato sauce (12 oz)
salt
sugar
italian seasoning (thyme, basil, oregano, rosemary, etc...)

put sauce/paste into cooking pot..then heat up on medium...mix in the italian seasoning..just about 4 tblspoon is fine OR LESS. Add in some SALT about 1 large pinch, and add in SUGAR...how much sugar depends on YOUR TASTE..some prefer a SOURY sauce..I don't..I like to balance it out..so I mix in large pinch and stir..and then TASTE...if to sour, add anothe large pinch of sugar and stir and TASTE AGAIN...until taste desired is obtained.

IT's as simple as that...garnish with toppings like mushroom , pepers, etc..

Try it out first..I have been making quite a few pizzas and this is the best consistency I've found...COOKING IS AN ART...NOT A SCIENCE..NOTHING REQUIRES YOU TO BE THAT EXACT...EXCEPT PERHAPS BAKING CAKES AND SHIT...JUST ADD LESS AT FIRST...THEN A BIT MORE EVERYTIME..REMEMBER NEVER TO ADD TOO MUCH!!! ALWAYS TASTE AFTER MIXING AND THERE IS NO RIGHT OR WRONG TO COOKING...it's just an interpretation...

try it out...good luck!

Below are some pics of the OLD METHOD USING A COOKIE BAKING SHEET...which is AIR BAKE METHOD..it doesn't look as great as the pizza stone! Buy one at TARGET..it's only $12 with a 15 year warranty!!

COOKIE SHEET BAKING

PIZZA STONE BAKING
Old 09-14-2003, 06:18 PM
Homeless

Pizza stone is definitely worth the $$$

I made pizzas for years, ate it everyday...still love it.
Old 09-15-2003, 03:40 PM
Movin on up...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
u think you can mail me a slice?
Old 09-15-2003, 06:58 PM
Homeless

Mikey, some of the best Pie is in Jerzeeee

They also make the best panziradi(sp?)
Old 09-16-2003, 02:44 PM
East Coast Boost.!

I just go to the bakery and ask for dough?
Old 09-16-2003, 07:49 PM
Movin on up...

Originally posted by chris3240929
Mikey, some of the best Pie is in Jerzeeee

They also make the best panziradi(sp?)

Where in Jersey? i know in New York there's ray's pizza...that's suppose to be the shit..
Old 09-16-2003, 09:45 PM
4dr & I like it that way

looks good, personally i find the stone to be a bit too much work since you have to heat it up, and then you cant shape the dough on it without burning yourself my crust comes out better on a flat cookie sheet for some reason
Old 09-17-2003, 05:14 AM
Homeless

Originally posted by Davediego
looks good, personally i find the stone to be a bit too much work since you have to heat it up, and then you cant shape the dough on it without burning yourself my crust comes out better on a flat cookie sheet for some reason
You don't shape the dough on a heated stone...you buy a $2 pizza piel & use it to slide the pie in the oven...

You'll burn your butt good on a hot stone buddy...450 degrees don't feel too good on skin. Plus the dough will begin to cook, also not good.

I'll take pics for you guys...show you what I mean. Making it at home is too easy for you guys not to try it...
Old 09-17-2003, 05:32 AM
Masshole

My ex-wife used to make good pizza. We had a stone, and the long-handled thingy to get it out of the oven, and everything. I should try to make some myself.
Old 09-17-2003, 07:28 PM
4dr & I like it that way

You don't shape the dough on a heated stone...you buy a $2 pizza piel & use it to slide the pie in the oven...

You'll burn your butt good on a hot stone buddy...450 degrees don't feel too good on skin. Plus the dough will begin to cook, also not good.

I'll take pics for you guys...show you what I mean. Making it at home is too easy for you guys not to try it...
i know i know im not saying i have or will ever attempt to shape the dough on the stone, i meant i like to shape the dough on whatever im cooking it on, so a metal cookie sheet is the easiest for me (cookie sheet doesnt need preheating and thus isnt hot when you put the dough on)

whats a piel?
Old 09-18-2003, 05:33 AM
Homeless

It's the wooden board with a handle pizza guys use to put the pie in the oven...you can buy them almost anywhere. Make sure you sand it down with some 150+ grit sandpaper before you start using it...especially around the edges. Sprinkle A LITTLE white corn meal on the top of the board & slide the pizza on it.

Actually, once you get QUICK at making the crust, you can make the pie on the board & slide it in the oven. That's how the pros do it & it's by far the easiest way. Plus, the dough should be cool(not cold) when you make the pizza...day old dough always tastes the best, IMHO. Gives the dough a chance to ferment, season, etc...especially if you do what DDT type S did with the Italian herbs...

I need to post some pics for you guys...
Old 09-18-2003, 02:49 PM
6SPDCLS

It's the wooden board with a handle pizza guys use to put the pie in the oven...you can buy them almost anywhere. Make sure you sand it down with some 150+ grit sandpaper before you start using it...especially around the edges. Sprinkle A LITTLE white corn meal on the top of the board & slide the pizza on it.

Actually, once you get QUICK at making the crust, you can make the pie on the board & slide it in the oven. That's how the pros do it & it's by far the easiest way. Plus, the dough should be cool(not cold) when you make the pizza...day old dough always tastes the best, IMHO. Gives the dough a chance to ferment, season, etc...especially if you do what DDT type S did with the Italian herbs...

I need to post some pics for you guys...
chris3240929 is right on the money...give it 24 hours if you'd like so that the herbs can saturate the dough...tastes even better! As for the wooden board, it's like a row boat paddle (wooden) but imaging the flat surface of the board to be widened enough to hold a pizza...

I should take a pic...
Old 09-19-2003, 04:04 PM
Homeless

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...c/fb0b49e3.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...4/fb0b49d8.jpg

This is a screen...protects the bottom of the pie if you're stone is too hot...or you're making stuffed pizza(my favorite).
Old 09-19-2003, 05:05 PM
THE SILVER BULLET

wait watsup wit the tiger balm
Old 09-19-2003, 07:24 PM
Homeless

Originally posted by pimpscls
wait watsup wit the tiger balm
watsup wit tiger palm meens u puut ur pawlm n de dow & mak a tygers pauw 2 strech it owt.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:29 PM
Homeless

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...b/fa5cd9ba.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...2/fa5cd9c0.jpg

Fresh dough I made whilst snowed the fvck in...It came out great...par-baked it & will have sicilian pie tomorrow...I'll try & remember to take some snaps of the finished product.

OT...and this is my dumb ass on Halloween...dressed in one of those blow-up chef outfits...was rather funny trying to watch me walk.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...a/fa5cd9c5.jpg
Old 12-15-2003, 04:11 AM
Old timer

Dude the pie in the pics at the top of the page looks SOOOO good right about now. Can I hire you to come out here and cook me pizzas?
Old 12-19-2003, 04:25 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by mikeymobiles
Where in Jersey? i know in New York there's ray's pizza...that's suppose to be the shit..

there's lot of ray's pizza in ny though
Old 12-19-2003, 05:00 PM
Your feeble skills....

Looks delicious, the stone is key.