"drunken shrimp"

Old 07-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"drunken shrimp"

My friend told me about this chinese dish named "drunken shrimp". I was wondering if anyone has experience in making that.
All I saw was soak the shrimps in alcohol, then boiled the in some kind of broil.
Anyone knows if I can use any kind of alcohol ? and what kind of broil I should use ?

thanks !
Old 07-18-2007, 11:45 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My parents have made it before, I've ate it and thought it was good, I'll see them tomorrow, I'll be sure to grab a copy of the recipe for you. If my memory is working, I believe its bourbon that's used, but I wouldn't swear to it.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:31 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nothing special with their recipe its Emerils, but here it is:

2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence, recipe follows
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup Scotch whisky
1/2 cup green ginger wine
2 tablespoons honey
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups fresh watercress, rinsed and dried
8 lightly buttered, toasted croutons
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the shallots to the pan and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger, and saute for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, Essence, salt, lemon juice, whiskey and ginger wine to the pan and cook until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 2 minutes.
Remove the shrimp from the pan with a slotted spoon and cover to keep warm. Add the honey and cream to the pan and cook until thickened. Add the shrimp back to the pan, and stir well to coat and warm through. Remove the pan from the heat.
Divide the watercress among 4 small serving plates. Spoon the shrimp over the watercress, and serve with toasted croutons.