Crockpot Recipes

Old 09-30-2006, 01:46 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Crockpot Recipes

Ever since I bought my crockpot I've fallen in love with the thing. There's nothing more convenient than dumping your ingerdients into a crockpot in the morning and coming back at the end of the day to a cooked meal. So what is your favorite crockpot recipe?
Old 09-30-2006, 10:40 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
^-Is it really that easy? I might have to look into getting one. I'm so damn busy during the weekday I have to resort to canned soup in between homework. I'd love to throw things together and then come back hours later and be able to eat something other than garden soup.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:04 PM
In need of an AV.........

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...light=crockpot

that might help
Old 10-01-2006, 07:17 PM
I feel the need...

Received 515 Likes on 363 Posts
My favorite dish: throw in some and a dash of cayenne - eight hours later, dish up some tasty :silvermad

Old 10-01-2006, 10:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well here's one of my favorites:

1.5 - 2 diced onions
1 - 1.5 cup cheap red wine
salt
black pepper
2 -3 lbs. chuck roast cut into 1" -2" cubess

Place the diced onions at the bottom of the slow cooker and the beef cubes on top. Add a generous amount of black pepper and no more than two teaspoons of salt.
pour the red wine over the beef cubes, cover and slow cook for ~ 9 hours.

Take the beef cubes out and boil the remaining mix of beef broth, red wine, pepper, onions, and salt until it will reduces to a marinade.

Serve marinade over beef with a side of steamed rice, noodles or beans. This meat goes great with fajitas as welll. The wine and onions keep the beef tender, moist, and impart a slightly sweet taste to the chuck roast. Don't add too much salt when slow cooking because if you do you may overcook the meat. It's easier to add more salt after you've slow cooked the beef cubes for 9 hours.

Also, for the diet conscious it's easy to remove the fat from the broth by chilling the broth in the freezer, skimming away the fat which congeals on top, and boiling the broth to reduce it. The beef cubes will have already been cooked and will still be tender. Just add the reduced broth / marinade back to the beef cubes.