Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

Wii: Star Wars Force Unleashed

Old 12-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Registered TL Lover

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Thumbs up Wii: Star Wars Force Unleashed

Just got and beat Star Wars Forced Unleashed for the Wii so i thought i would give a quick review.

Story: The game is set in between episode 3 and 4. Your character is Darth Vader secrete apprentice. The story is pretty good although there are several things that don't add up. (then again there are things that don't add up in the movies) However i did enjoy the story. There isn't really much to say with out spoiling it. but your first missing you play as Darth Vader and OMG who ever thought force choking Wookies could be so fun.

Game play: Game play is fun. I would have wished for it not to be linear and have some branching missions at least. It is really fun laying wast to tons of Storm troopers and using all the powers in the force. My fav thing to do is pick some one up and impale them with my light saber (which is customizable with hilt, color, and combat enhancements) once the game is complete you can start fresh with your exp and costumes and unlockables. Another downside is the game is fairly easy and the difficulty cannot be adjusted to my knowledge.

Controls: Controls are very responsive and do not take a lot of time to learn. There are a lot of moves and there are easy to perform as long you can remember what you have to do. (moves are on the pause menu if you forget) the was only one instance where controls seemed to fail me but i am about 80% sure it was due to dwindling battery power.

Graphics: Graphics are OK nothing spectacular. and I did not run into any glitches. there was one thing i noticed some of the ground features (grass, rocks, etc) "grow" WAY too close you can literaly be standing on grass/ flowers as the "Grow in" I would have rather for them to cut the ground details entirely.

Sound: Sound was OK they pretty much used all the sound and songs from the movies no real original music or anything. Voice actors did a great job.

In Closing: If you have a PS3 I say buy that version and then Rent the Wii version. Apparently the motion controls and graphics are NOT the only difference in them and there are supposed to be differences in story/missions/order of events. for the Wii. I am not sure exactly what though.

Side note: I did see the Demo for the PS3 and the main character holds the saber differently then on the Wii they have him holding it "Regular" while on PS3 it is behind the back. They forgot the change and it 1 or two cut scenes on the Wii he holds it like he does on the PS3 version.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
I have the PS3 version, I like it but its far far too linear for my taste. Oblivion and other RPG's like it have really spoiled me.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Registered TL Lover

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
yeah i feel you on that if they would keep the same style of game play and add in a choose your side light/dark through your actions and have that affect your abillities/story/mission would be great i know they do have star wars games like that though.

like i said though my bigges beef is not being able to adj the difficulty.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Yup..

Jedi Knight series was great. Having a Wii controller retrofitted for that would be tight.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Cool. Ive been looking for other games to get. I might have to try this one. (finally got a ps3)
Old 12-29-2008, 12:59 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
holy signature!

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
I have the PS3 version, I like it but its far far too linear for my taste. Oblivion and other RPG's like it have really spoiled me.

nothing like beating the crap out of town guards, then running away into your clan house...... and having your NPC clanmates jump him when a guard attacks you. This even spoiled me for when I started playing Mass Effect.... I tried sniping the station's C-Sec from away but they didn't do anything.