Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

Ok, what graphics card is worthwhile getting?

Old 08-31-2005, 09:10 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm kinda through with computer gaming. Everytime i upgrade and spend 400 bucs on a video card, $$ on Memory, $$ on processor and mobo, i get jerked a few months later when a new game comes out that runs like shit on my system. Remember this, whatever you get now for 500, will be 2-300 in less than a year and games new games wont run gret on it. The problem with computer games is that in magazines and ads you see awesome graphics and solid smooth framerate, but when you get the game on your system, it rarely runs the same. There is always something. Whether you have to turn everything running in the background off, or something. Also people overlook hard drives, a poorly operating HD or a HD that is cluster fucked, will cause gaming to suck. I'll stick with consoles, you know that no matter what, you stick a game in at your house and it will look the same as it did in the store or commercial. There is no configuration, no hair pulling as to why my 3.6ghz P4ee, with asus mobo, 2 gigs of ram, dual SLI geforce 6800 gt's cant run doom 3 at a decent frame rate.