Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

hidden gems

Old 09-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Registered TL Lover

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
hidden gems

lets share some of the hidden gems we have come accross you know those unpopluar games that are great but since these are hidden gems dont just say a title

1 clive barkers undying- FPS meets eternal darkness this game is crazy fun and is definialy on some other shyt with travelng through time and dementions and magic spells its not your avaerage shooter only on pc i think

2 grim fandago- another pc gem this game is redicuoulsy challenging to even the most seasoned RPG player anyone who can get through this without a guide has a very shrap intelect as this rpg is all puzzle and plot but surpisngly fun and is definat challeng to anyone who claims to be good at solving puzzles if you easy frustrated though i would not reccomend this one

3 gladius- all consoles i think OUTSTANDING game at first glance its a rpg with plot and such surounding gladiators and such but it get crazy as things progress i like how you put together your gladiator school and if someone dies there dead permant with the exception of a few characters.

4 eternal darkness- not too hidden but this game is insane literaly! its the only game i know of where you have health, magik, and a sanity gauge another rpg while at a quick glance may remind some of resident evil that feeling goes away within a momment only for the gamecube this game suffered a serious lack of PR but anyone who played this game will attest to its horrifing moments and overall fun factor and with the random sanity effects you can literaly play the game 20 times and still encounter new things.

5 nosferatu-pc FPS not much to say about this one other than the enemies items and people you have to save get placed randomly thoughout the game for the most part so you cant simple memorize your way though plot is enteresting enough for a FPS your whole fam has gathered for a wedding now every one is going to get killed blah blah you have to kill vamps and other creatures of the night to progress though the game
Old 09-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
http://www.the-underdogs.info/

^^

A GREAT website with a lot of info on underrated games. Quite a few are available for download there.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
My list:

1) Ultima Underworld I and II: Quite possibly the best RPG's out there. Years ahead of their time in terms of technology and gameplay.

2) Daggerfall / Arena: Everyone knows about Morrowind and Oblivion. But Arena and later Daggerfall are what started it all. If you enjoyed the plots of MW and Oblivion, try them!

3) Jane's Fighter Anthology: What flight sim lets you try out over 100 airplanes? Wanna fly an F-22 during the Vietnam war? Go for it, just a cheatcode away ;-)

4) Panzer Commander: A 3-D WWII tank game where you could drive British, American, German and Russian tanks. Included several campaigns, single missions etc.
The game itself wasn't very realistic, but it was VERY easy to mod, ranging from the ridiculous to the realistic. It wont work on newer graphic cards unfortunately. I think its a DirectX issue

5) Aces of the Deep: Hands down the best WWII submarine game. You could control everything from the torpedo "computer" to aiming the deck gun. Silent Hunter III is basically just a newer version of it as far as I'm concerned.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,940 Likes on 14,056 Posts
My list:

- Fallout 1 and 2
- Guilty Gear X
- ChuChu Rocket!
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms series (multi-platform)
- LocoRoco

I think there is more...but, that's all I can think of for now.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Ah...! One more for now...!

Tech Romancer.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:15 PM
Registered TL Lover

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
tech romancer sounds familar was that the giant robot fighting game on dream cast i think i played that one
Old 09-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by RJANACONDA
tech romancer sounds familar was that the giant robot fighting game on dream cast i think i played that one

Fantastic game. Sure, the robots are a bonus for me but it was just a gem of a 3D-fighting game.