what have you beat lately?

Old 04-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CH46ESeaKnight
No different than the cars you claim to beat.

Are you not the guy who claims to beat 6.0 GTO's and M5's?

The 4G63T in that eclipse has far more potential than a J32A2. There is probably more aftermarket support for the 4g63t than any other engine from Japan. Ever!
well isnt tht one dude one this forum building a drag car with a j motor????
Old 04-27-2010, 06:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That’s exactly what you said!!!! Remember???

Originally Posted by SexyCLS
oh hell no a 95 eclipse is not taking the z06 fuck no!!!
unless ur a gsx maybe!!!
ihave a eg hatch with a built k24 and i barley take on the zo6's

What's an EG Hatch with a k24 (Not that I care, Really I don't care, I'm sure its some ricer thing) Is that like a limited GTSXR, Type KGT, A Spec V, Track edition, Super Dooper race, Dawoo?
Old 04-27-2010, 06:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

well isnt tht one dude one this forum building a drag car with a j motor????
Sure if you wanna spend 100+ K on it!! I should have said $ for $ the 4g63t will absolutly kill any J32a2!
Old 04-27-2010, 06:53 PM
Lives in Boost

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by p.diddy
im not saying the guys lying or not but i just wanted to clarify something. just because its an eclipse doesnt mean it cant beat any of those cars. its whats under the hood that counts. where i live theres a guy with a civic thats beating bikes so what kind of car doesnt always mean anything.
Well said

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Just because its a GS doesnt mean anything (and gurlblu never said what model it is, unless I missed it). My Civic is a DX. But it has 4x the motor the Si of the same generation did.
x2

I never said tht
im saying tht his 95 couldnt have beat all those cars!
actually im going to chicago with my hatch this summer i would love to see him run down my hatch!!
Be careful what you ask for :-)

He's actually going with me when I go back to the dyno soon, I just want to get some more mods installed first.

I have a hard enough time pulling away from him. On 15lbs of boost I can barely edge him out but on 20lbs he walks away from me. So...

The 4G63T in that eclipse has far more potential than a J32A2. There is probably more aftermarket support for the 4g63t than any other engine from Japan. Ever!
x1000. If the J had as much aftermarket support as 4g63, I'd have a 8 second car right now with all the money I've dumped into mine

BTW I took down an Evo X a week ago. Looked stock except for a very wide stance w/ wide tires. Looked pretty nice.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sideswipe
Wow. I gotta get me some of them stickers.

You beat a Corvette Z06 and a Porsche Cayenne with an Eclipse?

Won the "2fast 2Furious" Eclipse giveaway did you?

On a serious note--stop lying.
LOL ! Yeah Sideswipe, dem stickers work wonders with your torq ratings.

Yes my Eclipse beat the Porsche truck and the z06 Vette.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:17 PM
Advanced

Just because its a GS doesnt mean anything (and gurlblu never said what model it is, unless I missed it). My Civic is a DX. But it has 4x the motor the Si of the same generation did.

Until we get clarification from gurlblu, we really can't pass judgement though.
Very well put Civic, you sound like you think before you post. You also sound like you know a lil about the potential of the Diamond Star product. Im going to purposely avoid the guy/gal who has this hatch hes going to bring to Chicago to do me in because I know it would be a waste of my time and also probably start a flame war. Not interested in either. So in reply to you civic, the car pictured in my avatar is a GS-T and would have no problems with his little hatch that he can barely scoot by a corvette in. I also never said I beat an M5 based on someone else's post who didn't take the time to read carefully.

And FYI, I have a GSX as well.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:25 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by CL-Future
Well said

x2

Be careful what you ask for :-)

He's actually going with me when I go back to the dyno soon, I just want to get some more mods installed first.

I have a hard enough time pulling away from him. On 15lbs of boost I can barely edge him out but on 20lbs he walks away from me. So...

x1000. If the J had as much aftermarket support as 4g63, I'd have a 8 second car right now with all the money I've dumped into mine

BTW I took down an Evo X a week ago. Looked stock except for a very wide stance w/ wide tires. Looked pretty nice.
Thats right Future....some people bite off more than they can chew online, then when it comes time to finished eating theres only my dust left to eat ! You have done quite a bit to your car and I agree that with the same time and money spent, you'd literally have a 10 second car if you had the right base to start with (DSM).
I've been thinking and decided to go ahead and pick up a set of ARP's and throw them in after the meets this weekend. Low boost will go up from 15 to 22psi and Hi boost, well, lets just say from a 20mph roll, A ZR1 Vette would have a really hard time keeping up or pulling away.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:27 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by gurlblu2001
I also never said I beat an M5 based on someone else's post who didn't take the time to read carefully.

And FYI, I have a GSX as well.
Forget I wrote this....
Old 04-27-2010, 07:31 PM
Racer

Okay. Here's why I'm laughing

I know I've been gone for long stretches of time while being a member of Acurazine but this dude is talking about an Eclipse in an Acura forum.

Iono. Call me an asshole but perhaps the title of this thread should have been "WHAT HAVE YOU BEATEN LATELY IN YOUR ACURA?"

Yes, the dude did specify that he beat a Corvette Z06 and a "non Z06".

Here's the problem I have with that guy's post: If you bother to go online in an open forum full of thousands of members and post that you can beat one of the world's fastest production cars with an Eclipse it's going to take more than an oversized turbo and injectors to beat a Z06.

And don't tell me some bullshit about some fucking STICKERS. If you have nitrous then SAY you have motherfucking nitrous. THAT sounds more palatable than some damn stickers and "much more."
Old 04-27-2010, 07:40 PM
Advanced

Smile

I know I've been gone for long stretches of time while being a member of Acurazine but this dude is talking about an Eclipse in an Acura forum.

Iono. Call me an asshole but perhaps the title of this thread should have been "WHAT HAVE YOU BEATEN LATELY IN YOUR ACURA?"

Here's the problem I have with that guy's post: If you bother to go online in an open forum full of thousands of members and post that you can beat one of the world's fastest production cars with an Eclipse it's going to take more than an oversized turbo and injectors to beat a Z06.

And don't tell me some bullshit about some fucking STICKERS. If you have nitrous then SAY you have motherfucking nitrous. THAT sounds more palatable than some damn stickers and "much more."
Lets not get bent here, the stickers were a joke. I assumed most of you took it as such. For me to list every single mod that I have on this car would be a job. Im not getting paid. I have the necessary supporting mods to take out 90% of the production cars that roam the streets. Including a Z06 Vette. Im also an ex-street racer who doesnt make a habit of telling a potential competitor what I got under the hood. True, I may not ever run against any of you, but you never know whos watching.
And NO I dont have NOS ! Never will, dont need it.

Last edited by gurlblu2001; 04-27-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Instructor

+2
show us a engine bay pic!!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Advanced

Im also an ex-street racer who doesnt make a habit of telling a potential competitor what I got under the hood. True, I may not ever run against any of you, but you never know whos watching.
+2
No !
Which part did you miss kid?
Old 04-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

+2
Yes do show us a picture, cause you can alway tell how fast a car is by looking at the engine!!
Old 04-27-2010, 08:15 PM
Racer

Thats right Future....some people bite off more than they can chew online.....
Not so fast, Methuselah. I hate to bust your bubble but I didn't bite off shit. As I said previously if you bother to tell people you beat one of the fastest production cars in the world tell people what you have.

As far as your modded Eclipse goes--I'm really happy for you. No--really I am. With the time, energy, and money you put into modding an Eclipse you could have gotten a twin turbo Supra and been truly sick.

It's really not that deep, though. Unless you're racing other heavily modded cars it doesn't make sense to brag about beating normally aspirated production cars.

Come back and tell me you beat a 2010 ZR1 or, better yet, some other comparably aftermarket-modified V8 car, then you'll be doing something.

Last edited by Sideswipe; 04-27-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:17 PM
Advanced

Yes do show us a picture, cause you can alway tell how fast a car is by looking at the engine!!
LOL ! Nice one.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Racer

Lets not get bent here, the stickers were a joke.
I'm not bent at all, which is why I entitled the previous post: "This is why I'm laughing."

Firstly, and let me reiterate, if you're that heavily modified, then go after other heavily modified cars--plain and simple.

Secondly, you're the one that decided to waltz up in here and brag about beating a Corvette Z06 with a questionable car, yet you say you're an "ex-street racer" that prefers not to post all his mods. If you didn't want to post key mods that would cause you to beat a Z06, then don't tell anybody on an open forum crawling with thousands of people that could question your story at any time.

Thirdly, you're living in the information/technology age--In case you haven't noticed, unless you have a warp drive and inertial dampeners under your hood, whatever modifications you're using isn't so cutting edge that no one else can figure out how to mod something as old and cheap as a 95' Eclipse GS, GT, GSX or whatever "G" car Mitsubishi has ever made.

It ain't that deep. Just be real about the game.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Advanced

Lightbulb

I'm not bent at all, which is why I entitled the previous post: "This is why I'm laughing."

Firstly, and let me reiterate, if you're that heavily modified, then go after other heavily modified cars--plain and simple.

Secondly, you're the one that decided to waltz up in here and brag about beating a Corvette Z06 with a questionable car, yet you say you're an "ex-street racer" that prefers not to post all his mods. If you didn't want to post key mods that would cause you to beat a Z06, then don't tell anybody on an open forum crawling with thousands of people that could question your story at any time.

Thirdly, you're living in the information/technology age--In case you haven't noticed, unless you have a warp drive and inertial dampeners under your hood, whatever modifications you're using isn't so cutting edge that no one else can figure out how to mod something as old and cheap as a 95' Eclipse GS, GT, GSX or whatever "G" car Mitsubishi has ever made.

I did mention my flux capacitor didnt I? Im about as real as it gets my friend.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Advanced

Not so fast, Methuselah. I hate to bust your bubble but I didn't bite off shit. As I said previously if you bother to tell people you beat one of the fastest production cars in the world tell people what you have.

Come back and tell me you beat a 2010 ZR1 or, better yet, some other comparably aftermarket-modified V8 car, then you'll be doing something.
Lol @ Methuselah. I wasnt referring to you on the biting off..that was directed to the kid who called me out in his lil "hatch".

I could probably spend decimate a ZR1 with about $1500 in mods, but then reliability becomes an issue. My car is very reliable in its current state and with the exception of a few other items, Im pretty much done modding. Just because the cars I mentioned are on another level than what others posted kills on, doesnt mean Im all big and bad, I just followed the instructions and told the truth. Is this a competition now? I didnt realize it was.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:13 PM
Racer

Im also an ex-street racer who doesnt make a habit of telling a potential competitor what I got under the hood.
I'm sorry. I just keep laughing at that line. The Fast and the Furious came out in--what--2001, which means the flood gates opened for the handful of fanboys left out there that didn't quite know what it took to have a full fledge tuner. Anyone that hasn't figured out how to properly mod an Eclipse yet in the 15 years this car has been in existence, then they don't need to be messin' around under the hood of any car, let alone an Eclipse.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

I agree with ya on that part! Beating a C6 Z06 is a tall order. But i'm more likely to believe that a GST Eclipse did it than a CLS. Just saying. Like I said there are a lot of 11 second Eclipse's running around out there.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Lol @ Methuselah. I wasnt referring to you on the biting off..that was directed to the kid who called me out in his lil "hatch".

I could probably spend decimate a ZR1 with about $1500 in mods, but then reliability becomes an issue. My car is very reliable in its current state and with the exception of a few other items, Im pretty much done modding. Just because the cars I mentioned are on another level than what others posted kills on, doesnt mean Im all big and bad, I just followed the instructions and told the truth. Is this a competition now? I didnt realize it was.
Hope you are talking about a 90's ZR1!! $1,500 into an eclipse GST is not going to get you in the new ZR1's 10 second range or 200 mph area.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Racer

I could probably spend decimate a ZR1 with about $1500 in mods, but then reliability becomes an issue.
I can put a few hundred dollars into a Dodge Dart with a built 440 and beat 90% of the production cars out there. But so what?

I can do even better than that. I can put a few hundred dollars into a Buick GNX and destroy 99% of the production cars out there on the road. But so what?

I'm glad you're all excited about your Eclipse but the question is are you currently or have you ever owned and or raced anything made by Acura? That's all I want to know. If not, then you're just like that other wingnut that ran around here a couple years ago bragging about beating Acuras in a got-damn 07' Chevrolet Impala SS and that other nut that came up in here yappin' about how bad a fuckin' Pontiac GTO is.

I wonder if any Acura guys run up in a damn WRX forum or a Porsche forum talking about how bad their Acura is? That's some righteously funny shit right there.

Whatever floats your boat man. But me, personally, I like reading posts about who has beaten what with a CL-S. Shit--I get all giddy about at the fact that I'm pushin' a stock nine year-old car and can still beat or keep up with most newer cars on the road.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Racer

Hope you are talking about a 90's ZR1!! $1,500 into an eclipse GST is not going to get you in the new ZR1's 10 second range or 200 mph area.
He said: "90's ZR1"
Old 04-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Instructor

BTW whts ur 1/4 mile time in tht 95
Old 04-27-2010, 09:52 PM
Racer

I laughed so hard I had to log-off, then log back on.

He's gonna have to put about $9000 into a $2500 car to beat a 2010 Corvette ZR1

I'm sorry. I gotta stop typing. I can't even see my monitor my eyes are so full of tears from laughter.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:04 PM
Racer

This is too hilarious.

I'm just sitting here picturing some tuner guy driving around thinking to himself: "I'm going to blow your doors off as soon as the UPS man gets here!! You just wait and see!!"
Old 04-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Advanced

This is too hilarious.

I'm just sitting here picturing some tuner guy driving around thinking to himself: "I'm going to blow your doors off as soon as the UPS man gets here!! You just wait and see!!"
Overnight parts are great ! I actually meant an additional $1500 to what I've already spent on the car. But lets just say that I did put $9000 into a $2000 car, I like the fact that Im able to whoop on a guy who has a $3000 car note for the next 5 years. My cars are all paid for, thats a pretty nice feeling.
As far as going 200mph, where tha hell am I gonna do that at? Do I even wanna do that?
FYI, I have a GSX that will be a sub 10 second car when its back up and running. The same engine in both these cars is the same engine that two of my buddies run in their cars which both do over 200mph. In fact one of them have the record in the standing mile @ 237mph. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-jdEj5eMcM

Yes I do have an Acura, at least I AM realistic enough to know that it shouldnt be raced. I drive it to work daily. Bone stock. 56k miles on it. Very reliable and I wanna keep it that way.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

He said: "90's ZR1"

Are you implying there is no such thing?

TheZR1 LT5 was and still is a quick Vette.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
This thread has gone to absolute shit i see. U guys need to either put up or shut up. If you're gonna talk smack about your great eclipse then give no proof, then shut up. If you're gonna antagonize him for saying his eclipse can beat a vette, then there's really no point, cuz he's never gonna give in. Its an endless cycle of flaming eachother and getting absolutely nowhere.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:11 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by DaInFaMMuS1
This thread has gone to absolute shit i see. U guys need to either put up or shut up. If you're gonna talk smack about your great eclipse then give no proof, then shut up. If you're gonna antagonize him for saying his eclipse can beat a vette, then there's really no point, cuz he's never gonna give in. Its an endless cycle of flaming eachother and getting absolutely nowhere.
I could give all the proof in the world and there will STILL be someone out there that wants to flame or doubt. How bout just take my word for it end of story. Im not flaming anyone.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Racer

Are you implying there is no such thing?

TheZR1 LT5 was and still is a quick Vette.

I was laughing about the joke you made with the 90's ZR1. Yeah even the 90's ZR1 was quick but he would have an easier time dealing with a 90's ZR1 over a monster 2010 supercharged ZR1 that has so much power it could practically inhale its own oil pan.

I'm still amazed at 2010 ZR1 test drive on "Top Gear". The dude took off from a dead stop in 6th gear and raced all the way up to 180mph.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:35 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by DaInFaMMuS1
If you're gonna talk smack about your great eclipse then give no proof, then shut up.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:58 AM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,131 Likes on 4,802 Posts
This thread blew up since I posted yesterday, and Im not going to read through all the BS. The last post I did read (well, half of it) was post 49.

Sideswipe - When gurlblu posted the mods, it came across more of a tongue-and-cheek list then a real parts rundown. Not many people are willing to post everything they have done to the motor, and thats what I figured with gurlblu's post. Its bad marketing to tell everyone who asks everything you've done under the hood.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

I was laughing about the joke you made with the 90's ZR1. Yeah even the 90's ZR1 was quick but he would have an easier time dealing with a 90's ZR1 over a monster 2010 supercharged ZR1 that has so much power it could practically inhale its own oil pan.

I'm still amazed at 2010 ZR1 test drive on "Top Gear". The dude took off from a dead stop in 6th gear and raced all the way up to 180mph.
Gotcha.

That was a good episode of Top Gear, That car has so much TQ.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Racer

This thread blew up since I posted yesterday, and Im not going to read through all the BS. The last post I did read (well, half of it) was post 49.

Sideswipe - When gurlblu posted the mods, it came across more of a tongue-and-cheek list then a real parts rundown. Not many people are willing to post everything they have done to the motor, and thats what I figured with gurlblu's post. Its bad marketing to tell everyone who asks everything you've done under the hood.
Like I told gurlblu before, I knew he was joking about the stickers, which is why I came back with jokes of my own. This thread didn't go to shit. When people start calling each other names and making slanderous remarks and threats, then the thread has gone to shit. No one has done that in this thread. Every thread doesn't have to go from beginning to end sounding all clinical and research based. If someone makes debatable claims, then those claims deserve to be challenged.

The only mods I recall gurlblu posting was an oversized turbo and injectors. Anyone with any considerable automotive knowledge knows that it takes more than an oversized turbo and injectors for a 4-cylinder car to beat a Z06.

I'm not saying he had to give us an entire shopping list of shit from the carbon fiber hood to the braided hoses, drilled and vented rotors all the way down to the triple fire spark plugs. But with all these guys scattered all over Acurazine with dozens of pictures of what they have under the hood, interior pics, and races on youtube videos it most definitely is not uncommon or unusual to expect someone that makes bold claims to prove himself or herself.

If it's that big of a deal to him about keeping his modifications a secret, then he should keep his stories to himself. That would be like someone coming up in here with a 97' 2.2 CL and claiming to have destroyed a Dodge Viper SRT-10 Venom or some crazy shit like that and then expecting people to just take their word for it.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Instructor

to rob zombie

this last page or so....
Old 04-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Instructor

z06... m5.. eclipse.. cc'mon

ive driven alot of cars, never a z06, but my bosses m5 and it was the fastest thing i sat in. and well .. a z06 needs no introduction. but i did find a vid of them paired up .. and yea.. i dont see your eclipse anywhere near there

maybe with a full setup. engine and turbo mods worth more than your car when it was new... then maybe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UG97E57JA8&feature=fvw

yea .. but ..
Old 04-28-2010, 10:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 667 Likes on 389 Posts
^omg are you serious. If built right any car can beat any car. /thread.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:00 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,131 Likes on 4,802 Posts
Thankyou.

A Mazda 323 can romp a Camaro SS. It doesnt matter what it is or what it started out as, it only matters what it puts to the ground.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by p.diddy
^omg are you serious. If built right any car can beat any car. /thread.
X2

Easy to make a car fast in a straight line, but another thing to bring all the other aspects of a great car together. You know what I mean?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what have you beat lately?