My 03 CLS6 VS 01-06 Bmw M3 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 12:45 AM
03 CLS-6

Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts
My 03 CLS6 VS 01-06 Bmw M3 Coupe

I was on my way home about one hour ago when I noticed a e46 bmw m3 coming up beside me. We had a few stop lights riding together. The street we were on turned into a highway so the speed limit raised. It was a nice straight away after the last stop light. A lot of local car people use that spot to race since there isn't any cross streets and away from businesses/houses.

As were coming up to the last stop light it turns red. We slowly creep up to it so we don't have to fully stop. It turns green and I hit it, I'm slowly walking away from him about a car length ahead through bottom of 1st-mid 3rd he starts coming up ever so slightly and then I go to 4th. He's like right on my back bumper at about 110mph then I decide to hit the brakes. We both slow down while were cruising and I can see him shaking his arm giving me a thumbs up through his window. My windows are blacked out so he can't even see in my car lol. Right before we both went our separate ways I gave him two honks for the clean run.

I'm glad I won but I found it odd because my friend with the same car as his beat me by about one and half car lengths around one month prior to tonight. We also ran from a lot faster roll though 3rd gear until about 135mph. My friends car is a 01 M3 coupe 6 speed bone stock engine wise. Maybe the guy I ran tonight had a auto or he couldn't drive as good as my friend ha. Hope you guys enjoy.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:47 AM
03 acura cl type s

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Thats strange cause almost the same thing happened to me . Except I was @ a gass station & this kid pulls up in a slammed midnight blue m3 6spd with 19s. & started asking about my rims & mods. I told him what I had done but didn't tell him about the cutout & Nos cause he was bragging about how much he put into car I/h/E + tune =310whp 😂. So he asked if wanted run 😝. So we got i95s no traffic. He pulls up next to me I honk 3times from 2nd gear roll immediately I'm a fender in front without nos and holds it all the to 120mph . He said he missed a shift so now I'm 😡so I open the cutout +nos then I think he got scared . I tell him to beep we started from like 40roll for some reason I think my car has way more (responce than an m3) immediately again he's @ my back wheel then I flip the nos & my hazard lights just kept pulling 🚀 just so he has no excuses this time. He pulls up shakes he's head & says I didn't know you were boosted ? I tell him not yet . He says WTF was that ? We pull over I explain & he's like too shit I'll see u again
Old 01-08-2012, 04:48 PM
03 CLS-6

Originally Posted by rush
Thats strange cause almost the same thing happened to me . Except I was @ a gass station & this kid pulls up in a slammed midnight blue m3 6spd with 19s. & started asking about my rims & mods. I told him what I had done but didn't tell him about the cutout & Nos cause he was bragging about how much he put into car I/h/E + tune =310whp ��. So he asked if wanted run ��. So we got i95s no traffic. He pulls up next to me I honk 3times from 2nd gear roll immediately I'm a fender in front without nos and holds it all the to 120mph . He said he missed a shift so now I'm ��so I open the cutout +nos then I think he got scared . I tell him to beep we started from like 40roll for some reason I think my car has way more (responce than an m3) immediately again he's @ my back wheel then I flip the nos & my hazard lights just kept pulling �� just so he has no excuses this time. He pulls up shakes he's head & says I didn't know you were boosted ? I tell him not yet . He says WTF was that ? We pull over I explain & he's like too shit I'll see u again
Nice kill it's fun surprising people. Just for example my friend spent $23k on his bmw and I paid less than half of that for my car. It just goes to show you how our cars compare in a straight line. I much rather take the bmw if I had the cash though haha. I've really been keeping my eye on m6 coupes and I really would like to own one a few years down the road after I sell the cl. They are becoming more and more affordable. As for now I can't wait to install my headers an finish the rest of my exhaust. I only have a few more mods to do engine wise then I will be finished. How do you like the spray? Are you running a wet or dry kit and how much do you have it jetted for?

Last edited by 1foxbody; 01-08-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:20 AM
03 acura cl type s

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by 1foxbody
Nice kill it's fun surprising people. Just for example my friend spent $23k on his bmw and I paid less than half of that for my car. It just goes to show you how our cars compare in a straight line. I much rather take the bmw if I had the cash though haha. I've really been keeping my eye on m6 coupes and I really would like to own one a few years down the road after I sell the cl. They are becoming more and more affordable. As for now I can't wait to install my headers an finish the rest of my exhaust. I only have a few more mods to do engine wise then I will be finished. How do you like the spray? Are you running a wet or dry kit and how much do you have it jetted for?
The spray is very addicting. I love it. It my fist time using it on any of my cars but only @ 75 wet shot I might bump it up to 100 if I dont drop the 3.7 in yet
Old 01-09-2012, 02:58 PM
03 CLS-6

Originally Posted by rush
The spray is very addicting. I love it. It my fist time using it on any of my cars but only @ 75 wet shot I might bump it up to 100 if I dont drop the 3.7 in yet
Lmao yes it is. It's like crack. In the past I would never race my car without it because it felt slow haha. Hit it with the 100 shot!!!