Cls Auto v RSXs

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 07:34 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cls Auto v RSXs

Heading southbound on the Sawgrass I passed a very nice RSXs with an exhaust. Thought nothing of it until he passed me so I returned the favor and we went back and forth slowing down at the usual FHP radar haunts. Finally we both hit a straightaway and went full throttle. I missed the downshift at 85 so he pulled on me as we entered triple digits. Fortunately we both got off on Commercial and I was looking forward to showing him the nice debadging job I did on my trunk. As we got into position with the traffic clearing I noted a grey Malibu with shaded glass and the antenna in back. I pulled alongside at the light and he appeared to have a white shirt with an emblem on the shoulder. That would be a Broward Sherriff.....As much as I wanted a kill on the RSX it was not worth the chance of a major ticket and or visit to the BSO detention center. As the light turned I let the Malibu get a good start and the RSX shot by me with it's fart can sputtering in anger. He passed the Malibu like it was standing still and the Malibu did nothing. Either the cop was late for lunch or he did not give a sh...t. Too much traffic ahead so I turned off.

Before I got my headers and the other mods I had one of those rice rockets eat me alive at the same spot so I wanted some revenge. I have pulled a 14.1 in the qtr and from what I have read the RSX's only shine at high rpm's.

In a mid range run I would expect I would walked the ricer even if he did have the IEH mods.....Any observations??
Old 12-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,390 Posts
Originally Posted by Oakroadsteve
I missed the downshift at 85 so he pulled on me as we entered triple digits.
From what, fifth to forth or fifth to third? Careful, if you do to many of those at that speed, your tranny may shit itself in short order, especially to third.

I do not know what a third gear pull feels like in an auto; however, in my six speed, it is one of my favorite gears, that and the sound of the S/Cer. hehe
Old 01-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by zeta
From what, fifth to forth or fifth to third? Careful, if you do to many of those at that speed, your tranny may shit itself in short order, especially to third.

I do not know what a third gear pull feels like in an auto; however, in my six speed, it is one of my favorite gears, that and the sound of the S/Cer. hehe
I have an auto and was tooling at 80 or so...I would assume I was in 5th and it should have downshifted to 4th...

Must be nice to have a blower. My tranny shatter like glass under full throttle with 7lbs. of boost or so.....