my best 1/8 run so far...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 02:05 AM
THE J35A2...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my best 1/8 run so far...

I'm car #8741

me and some friends will be heading to Fontana this saturday. hope i can do the same or better, this timeslip...
Old 10-26-2007, 02:42 AM
4drs just wanna have fun!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn your posting this everywhere aren't you :p
Old 10-26-2007, 10:07 AM
THE J35A2...

Originally Posted by Accord_V6_400m
i got 10 more sites to post come on, aren't you proud i kept up with that modded Evo 9 MR's number? he told me his car can go low to mid 12's in a 1/4
Old 10-27-2007, 12:36 AM
THE J35A2...

so are you going with us tomorrow? PMed you...
Old 10-27-2007, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by SIRSIG
so are you going with us tomorrow? PMed you...
Early with you guys nah, was going to go later and watch but my bro is going to be seeing someone for their suspension so i'll be riding shotgun with them. I'll let you guys know if plans change and I can drop by, although in this case drop by is almost an hour away

In any case I wish you guys the best of luck and hope that everyone remains safe, intact and secondly that nothing on your cars break.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:40 AM
THE J35A2...

Early with you guys nah, was going to go later and watch but my bro is going to be seeing someone for their suspension so i'll be riding shotgun with them. I'll let you guys know if plans change and I can drop by, although in this case drop by is almost an hour away

In any case I wish you guys the best of luck and hope that everyone remains safe, intact and secondly that nothing on your cars break.
hope you didn't go cause we all left early as in 11AM early my car didn't run right. it felt like there was no vtec. i checked the oil, it was low. only got 1 run and both Dave and Sean (well, you might already know by the time you read this...) broke their axles
Old 10-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very nice run....those are the numbers I was hoping for. I've only taken it to the track once and couldn't break 9.0 on a hot and humid Fl. night. Now that it is cooling down I am hoping to get into the 8's. Anyways....good job. Clinton
Old 10-28-2007, 02:58 PM
THE J35A2...

Originally Posted by foreveraflboy
very nice run....those are the numbers I was hoping for. I've only taken it to the track once and couldn't break 9.0 on a hot and humid Fl. night. Now that it is cooling down I am hoping to get into the 8's. Anyways....good job. Clinton
thanks. with all your mods you'll get there easily
Old 10-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Racer

Thanks....we'll see here in the next couple of weeks. I know my biggest problem is that I'm not tuned. Closest shop that I can find that will tune E-Managment is a hour North of ATL. Thats around 6hrs away.

I am glad to see that you made 8.5 as I truely believe with our set up that it would be possible to reach that goal (especially with a 6 speed) with hardly any problem.

Just a side question for you. Have you given any thought to adding methanol to the set up?
Old 10-28-2007, 07:30 PM
THE J35A2...

Thanks....we'll see here in the next couple of weeks. I know my biggest problem is that I'm not tuned. Closest shop that I can find that will tune E-Managment is a hour North of ATL. Thats around 6hrs away.

I am glad to see that you made 8.5 as I truely believe with our set up that it would be possible to reach that goal (especially with a 6 speed) with hardly any problem.

Just a side question for you. Have you given any thought to adding methanol to the set up?
I heard they're complicated to do on our cars. and i don't want to drill a hole on my sc. I'm gonna try to do something different tho
Old 10-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Racer

Now you got me wondering....
Old 10-29-2007, 01:26 AM

hope you didn't go cause we all left early as in 11AM early my car didn't run right. it felt like there was no vtec. i checked the oil, it was low. only got 1 run and both Dave and Sean (well, you might already know by the time you read this...) broke their axles
Yeah you got to watch out for the oil consumption, the PCV system just spews it back into the intake like no other, thats why you should get a catch tank to collect all the oil and clean up the intake charge a little for better tuning, power etc.

Heard about the axles, really sucks glad I didn't buy any.

As for methonal injection you can tap the intake elbow for it, also do you remember the one guy that rac his A/C feet line to the Comptech SC icebox?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:44 AM
THE J35A2...

Yeah you got to watch out for the oil consumption, the PCV system just spews it back into the intake like no other, thats why you should get a catch tank to collect all the oil and clean up the intake charge a little for better tuning, power etc.
my car felt weird during my run at Fontana, no power at top end. would you help me hook up one?
Heard about the axles, really sucks glad I didn't buy any.
glad i didn't jump on that too... i have let other guys have 'em try first and see if it works for them or not.
As for methonal injection you can tap the intake elbow for it, also do you remember the one guy that rac his A/C feet line to the Comptech SC icebox?
i guess i can, but isn't hooking up the A/C line better and the same concept than the meth and doesn't cost much?
Old 10-29-2007, 12:59 PM
THE J35A2...

Now you got me wondering....
it's not that it won't work but it takes work (install) and tuning, so i heard.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:10 PM
Banned

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts
Maybe my car was a freak but I ran a 8.85 @ 85.95 using less boost.

Are you taking it up to redline?

I miss hearing that SC'er whine...
Old 10-29-2007, 05:20 PM
THE J35A2...

Originally Posted by JBlueCLS6
Maybe my car was a freak but I ran a 8.85 @ 85.95 using less boost.

Are you taking it up to redline?

I miss hearing that SC'er whine...
lol, maybe or maybe you guys have a very well prep track, and your driving skill is a plus. also i'm not so sure of it's elevation. yeah, i power shift it at the redline on 2nd and 3rd gear. this run was in street trim, i've just removed jack and spare tire.

SC whine is very addictive... another way to get high
Old 10-29-2007, 08:56 PM
Racer

Just courious (maybe its a manual thing) but why were you redlining 3rd gear? As an auto I was either getting across the 1/8 mile line in second or just shifting into 3rd when I crossed. Of course i see that you ran at 86mph and I was only averaging 81mph.

Also what do you guys think. When I ran the 1/8 mile I simply just put the car into Sport Shift and didn't shift till I red lined 2nd. Would I be better gate shifting (using the 1,2 at the bottom? Would I get a better time possibly shifting into 3rd before I red line 2nd?

Sorry to get alittle off topic.....Clinton
Old 10-30-2007, 12:43 AM

my car felt weird during my run at Fontana, no power at top end. would you help me hook up one?

glad i didn't jump on that too... i have let other guys have 'em try first and see if it works for them or not.

i guess i can, but isn't hooking up the A/C line better and the same concept than the meth and doesn't cost much?
I'll help you out if you want just bring that damn spare fuel pump

AC line doesn't even compare to methanol injection the temp difference is pretty big.

Clean you air filter too Did you ever change out that fuel filter housing? It helped me out
Old 10-30-2007, 11:34 AM
THE J35A2...

I'll help you out if you want just bring that damn spare fuel pump

AC line doesn't even compare to methanol injection the temp difference is pretty big.

Clean you air filter too Did you ever change out that fuel filter housing? It helped me out
i''ll bring it next monday to you or if you can drop by my place we can do it there...

yeah, but can it be controlled? i heard a spurt of that cold air can give you richness...

air filter's clean . no, but that's next..
Old 10-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Banned

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts
If you need a meth kit. I'm selling my Snow Kit.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:58 PM
TQ > MPG

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Nice run, thats a 13.3 in the 1/4
Old 10-30-2007, 09:44 PM
THE J35A2...

Originally Posted by JBlueCLS6
If you need a meth kit. I'm selling my Snow Kit.
i'll keep it in mind, but i'll try a different project
Originally Posted by Joe5.0
thanks. did you guesstimate that or got it from some convertion table? i'm still in no luck on getting a good run in a quarter mile

13.3 will be fine for me
Old 10-31-2007, 04:05 AM

i''ll bring it next monday to you or if you can drop by my place we can do it there...

yeah, but can it be controlled? i heard a spurt of that cold air can give you richness...

air filter's clean . no, but that's next..
I would prefer not to do the drive since I don't have a job now to afford spending that much gas, especially if I get I stuck in traffic.

More air as a result of it being colder and denser would usually make it go leaner unless whatever compensation method you had over does it, usually factory controls aren't good enough to do so, like opening up your exhaust usually leans it out, without the ECU really doing much about it. Although who knows, there are so many variables. Not sure to what extent meth acts as fuel to enrichen the AF ratio.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:10 PM
THE J35A2...

Just courious (maybe its a manual thing) but why were you redlining 3rd gear? As an auto I was either getting across the 1/8 mile line in second or just shifting into 3rd when I crossed. Of course i see that you ran at 86mph and I was only averaging 81mph.

Also what do you guys think. When I ran the 1/8 mile I simply just put the car into Sport Shift and didn't shift till I red lined 2nd. Would I be better gate shifting (using the 1,2 at the bottom? Would I get a better time possibly shifting into 3rd before I red line 2nd?

Sorry to get alittle off topic.....Clinton
It's about gears between auto and manual (drivetrain power loss on auto) with an upgraded auto tranny, your time can be better than a manual.

with the sc, redline comes quicker and once you shift to redline, the rpm drops back at where the vtec (or near the vtec) is, so your power stay linear.

With the wheelhop, spinning of tires, etc you're getting on a fwd car, you tend to let go off the gas a bit to gain traction again, so you can't afford dropping your rpm lower than your powerband to get traction back or you would get bad time.

i would suggest you experiment on your runs. try SS, normal auto shifting, etc... and stick to the one that gives you the best time...
I would prefer not to do the drive since I don't have a job now to afford spending that much gas, especially if I get I stuck in traffic.

More air as a result of it being colder and denser would usually make it go leaner unless whatever compensation method you had over does it, usually factory controls aren't good enough to do so, like opening up your exhaust usually leans it out, without the ECU really doing much about it. Although who knows, there are so many variables. Not sure to what extent meth acts as fuel to enrichen the AF ratio.
alright, i'll drop by your place if i have a chance. find a job at Honda dealer so we can get discounts

i got my explanation in reverse then

all i need is something to cool my sc so i'll try that A/C upgrade for now...
Old 10-31-2007, 03:53 PM

It's about gears between auto and manual (drivetrain power loss on auto) with an upgraded auto tranny, your time can be better than a manual.

with the sc, redline comes quicker and once you shift to redline, the rpm drops back at where the vtec (or near the vtec) is, so your power stay linear.

With the wheelhop, spinning of tires, etc you're getting on a fwd car, you tend to let go off the gas a bit to gain traction again, so you can't afford dropping your rpm lower than your powerband to get traction back or you would get bad time.

i would suggest you experiment on your runs. try SS, normal auto shifting, etc... and stick to the one that gives you the best time...

alright, i'll drop by your place if i have a chance. find a job at Honda dealer so we can get discounts

i got my explanation in reverse then

all i need is something to cool my sc so i'll try that A/C upgrade for now...
Let me know if you need the pictures for the AC trick. Have you thought about that Cryo stuff to cool down the heater cores up front?
Old 11-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe5.0
from that mph id say 13.0...my best is an 8.5 i think 8.558 however that was @ 81.5 mph went on to a 13.306 @ 105.83 ...the gearing will make a diff , but that could end up a 12 second run
Old 11-03-2007, 01:45 AM
THE J35A2...

Originally Posted by typeR
from that mph id say 13.0...my best is an 8.5 i think 8.558 however that was @ 81.5 mph went on to a 13.306 @ 105.83 ...the gearing will make a diff , but that could end up a 12 second run
on Auto maybe, but on a 6spd with over 330whp it's pretty hard to achieved it. i guess i gotta get more practice before i see 12's... I mean i only started racing my car last Jan. We don't have a decent 1/4 mile out here, the only decent track we have only opens up every first Sat of the month sometimes doesn't. and it has 400-500 cars...

but, seriously my run wasn't close enough compare to yours
Old 11-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
on Auto maybe, but on a 6spd with over 330whp it's pretty hard to achieved it. i guess i gotta get more practice before i see 12's... I mean i only started racing my car last Jan. We don't have a decent 1/4 mile out here, the only decent track we have only opens up every first Sat of the month sometimes doesn't. and it has 400-500 cars...

but, seriously my run wasn't close enough compare to yours
your run was exactly on par with mine except for 5 MsPh faster which is huge
Old 11-06-2007, 03:50 PM
THE J35A2...

Originally Posted by typeR
your run was exactly on par with mine except for 5 MsPh faster which is huge

yeah but yours is NA

i've trapped 91.02mph and had a couple of 89mph at the same 1/8 track before, probably my average overthere is 86mph.