Notices

My 03 CLS6 VS 10 Jeep SRT-8

 
Old 03-23-2012, 08:33 PM
  #1  
03 CLS-6
Thread Starter
 
1foxbody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,441
Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts
My 03 CLS6 VS 10 Jeep SRT-8

I was talking to the owner of the srt-8 jeep at my friends shop while hanging out today. He said when he went to the track he was able to run a 13.0 with only a intake and I think he said tune but I'm not 100% sure. I know they have a 6.1L hemi and make around 420hp, and run a 13.2 stock. So we both go to leave at the same time and I asked if he wanted to run. I figured what the hell I'll probably lose but I'll get to see how my car compares. At first he wanted to run from a dig but i said no way since he's awd. So the first run we went from about a 20mph roll and we both were side by side for a second since I spun a little but as soon as I hooked I started to pull away. We stopped at about 100mph since I was ahead by about two cars. I rolled down my window and his face was priceless he was in shock. I was laughing and said would you like to go again but this time from about a 45mph roll? He said sure. So we both hit it at the same time and I instantly started to pull away we went to about 110mph and I had about 2 1/2 cars this time.

We cruised together for awhile until we got back to a main area and both caught a stop light, he pulled beside me and was like what's in that thing. I said just a 3.2 v6 with full bolt on's. He was very surprised. Hope you guys enjoy!
1foxbody is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by 1foxbody:
civicdrivr (03-23-2012), justnspace (03-23-2012)
Old 03-23-2012, 08:40 PM
  #2  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 80,434
Received 13,980 Likes on 10,384 Posts
Nice kills!
justnspace is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 08:46 PM
  #3  
Registered Member
iTrader: (1)
 
poisx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: DARK ALLY
Posts: 1,558
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 1foxbody View Post
I was talking to the owner of the srt-8 jeep at my friends shop while hanging out today. He said when he went to the track he was able to run a 13.0 with only a intake and I think he said tune but I'm not 100% sure. I know they have a 6.1L hemi and make around 420hp, and run a 13.2 stock. So we both go to leave at the same time and I asked if he wanted to run. I figured what the hell I'll probably lose but I'll get to see how my car compares. At first he wanted to run from a dig but i said no way since he's awd. So the first run we went from about a 20mph roll and we both were side by side for a second since I spun a little but as soon as I hooked I started to pull away. We stopped at about 100mph since I was ahead by about two cars. I rolled down my window and his face was priceless he was in shock. I was laughing and said would you like to go again but this time from about a 45mph roll? He said sure. So we both hit it at the same time and I instantly started to pull away we went to about 110mph and I had about 2 1/2 cars this time.

We cruised together for awhile until we got back to a main area and both caught a stop light, he pulled beside me and was like what's in that thing. I said just a 3.2 v6 with full bolt on's. He was very surprised. Hope you guys enjoy!
emm smthing seems so strange.........
now really what mods do u have ?
i dont see hw it stacks up, not unless u stroked and charged, were u spraying ???

may be he is just a bad driver ..
nice kill either way.........
poisx7 is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 09:24 PM
  #4  
Love the VAG
iTrader: (8)
 
civicdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: VA
Age: 30
Posts: 30,063
Received 4,660 Likes on 2,845 Posts
Its not really strange. His car put down over 270whp IIRC.

Racing from a roll, this car can definitely punch above its weight class. Its running from a dig where FWD rears its ugly head.

Nice kills btw Once we get those axles we should run
civicdrivr is offline  
The following users liked this post:
03CLSMT (03-24-2012)
Old 03-24-2012, 01:59 AM
  #5  
03 CLS-6
Thread Starter
 
1foxbody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,441
Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by poisx7 View Post
emm smthing seems so strange.........
now really what mods do u have ?
i dont see hw it stacks up, not unless u stroked and charged, were u spraying ???

may be he is just a bad driver ..
nice kill either way.........
Nothing strange at all. His suv is a auto and we were going in a straight line from a roll so there's not really much he can mess up on lol. Plus he even said at the light how surprised he was about me beating him, shit even I was haha. I'm not stroked, charged, or do I have my nitrous kit installed yet. From a roll is a whole different ball game. I honestly think my car compares to a mid to high 12 sec car from a roll.

(I'll just copy and paste the list from my build thread)

Modified comptech headers, Custom j pipe, Custom mid pipe, vibrant ultra quiet resonator, Modified comptech mufflers, Custom 3.5 cold air intake, Unorthodox lightweight pulleys, P2r plenums, P2r throttle body spacer, and P2r thermal gaskets.

The only things left are aem fic, DSS 2.9 axles, hoosier slicks, clutch masters stage 3 clutch kit with aasco aluminum flywheel, and spray. Then I will have full bolt on's and I'll be very satisfied with the car performance wise.

Last edited by 1foxbody; 03-24-2012 at 02:08 AM.
1foxbody is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 02:07 AM
  #6  
03 CLS-6
Thread Starter
 
1foxbody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,441
Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by civicdrivr View Post
Its not really strange. His car put down over 270whp IIRC.

Racing from a roll, this car can definitely punch above its weight class. Its running from a dig where FWD rears its ugly head.

Nice kills btw Once we get those axles we should run
Exactly civicdrivr you know the deal. Like you said running from a roll is a whole different ball game. You are right I made 273whp corrected and 279 uncorrected with only a bolt on 3.2 just to confirm.

Thanks, You should kill me once we both have those axles installed, hands down your car makes more power than mine all across the board. I might be a little closer to your numbers once I do those last few mods but who knows will see. I don't mind running you but no promising I'm not going to spray on you once those axles and slicks are on since you have a slight advantage over me hahaha .
1foxbody is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 02:08 AM
  #7  
03 CLS-6
Thread Starter
 
1foxbody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,441
Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace View Post
Nice kills!
Thanks!
1foxbody is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 12:33 PM
  #8  
Love the VAG
iTrader: (8)
 
civicdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: VA
Age: 30
Posts: 30,063
Received 4,660 Likes on 2,845 Posts
With nitrous, youll probably smoke me. But Im working on my last few mods as well, so itll be interesting
civicdrivr is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 02:27 PM
  #9  
03 CLS-6
Thread Starter
 
1foxbody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,441
Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by civicdrivr View Post
With nitrous, you'll probably smoke me. But Im working on my last few mods as well, so it'll be interesting
Well me without nitrous you'll walk me since you already make more power than me the way our curs currently sits. If you don't mind me asking what's your last few mods? Once you have those done you'll make even more so motor to motor you should beat me regardless since your stroked, ported/polished, slight head work, and etc. I'm only a bolt on 3.2 lol.
1foxbody is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 02:54 PM
  #10  
Love the VAG
iTrader: (8)
 
civicdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: VA
Age: 30
Posts: 30,063
Received 4,660 Likes on 2,845 Posts
You all shall soon find out what my last few mods are
civicdrivr is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 03:42 PM
  #11  
03 CLS-6
Thread Starter
 
1foxbody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,441
Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by civicdrivr View Post
You all shall soon find out what my last few mods are
Lol oh come on no secrets on here. It's not a grudge race car .
1foxbody is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 04:03 PM
  #12  
Love the VAG
iTrader: (8)
 
civicdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: VA
Age: 30
Posts: 30,063
Received 4,660 Likes on 2,845 Posts
You apparently do not know me that well

I keep my future mods quiet. Only when they are on the car will I release info on the forum.
civicdrivr is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 04:35 PM
  #13  
03 CLS-6
Thread Starter
 
1foxbody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,441
Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by civicdrivr View Post
You apparently do not know me that well

I keep my future mods quiet. Only when they are on the car will I release info on the forum.
I don't that's why we need to get up since we live in the same state lol! You better come to that springfest car show it should be a very good turnout this year. At least give me a hint haha! You already have a pretty healthy setup so I'm curious to what else you can do other than a power adder.
1foxbody is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 04:46 PM
  #14  
Love the VAG
iTrader: (8)
 
civicdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: VA
Age: 30
Posts: 30,063
Received 4,660 Likes on 2,845 Posts
Yea, I have to see if I can make it to that one.
civicdrivr is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 05:07 PM
  #15  
03 CLS-6
Thread Starter
 
1foxbody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,441
Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by civicdrivr View Post
Yea, I have to see if I can make it to that one.
Hopefully you can. I missed it last year and I was supposed to enter my motorcycle but I was out of state. All my friends that went said it was really good and I saw lots of nice pictures. What part of VA are you located? I'm in VB. When you go to the track do you usually go to Vmp, Richmond, Mir since they all aren't too far from us?
1foxbody is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 05:52 PM
  #16  
Love the VAG
iTrader: (8)
 
civicdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: VA
Age: 30
Posts: 30,063
Received 4,660 Likes on 2,845 Posts
Im in Richmond. I havent gone to the track yet. Whenever I thought about it Id end up breaking something on the CL
civicdrivr is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 09:35 PM
  #17  
03 CLS-6
Thread Starter
 
1foxbody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,441
Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by civicdrivr View Post
Im in Richmond. I havent gone to the track yet. Whenever I thought about it Id end up breaking something on the CL
Oh okay that's not too far. No wonder why I never see you around locally. I completely understand. Well hopefully everything comes together smoothly and we get to hit the track soon one day.
1foxbody is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 11:03 PM
  #18  
Love the VAG
iTrader: (8)
 
civicdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: VA
Age: 30
Posts: 30,063
Received 4,660 Likes on 2,845 Posts
Im occasionally out in VB for work, but its usually only for an hour or so.
civicdrivr is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 01:57 PM
  #19  
Lives in Boost
 
CL-Future's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 902
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Nice run. The jeep is ridiculous off the line. Even without brake torquing we've been able to take 911's and gt-r's off the line but of course without a charger or turbo its damn near impossible to hold fast cars off after getting going. I raced a jeep SRT from about a 60 roll before I got mine and slowly pulled on it in the CL-SC so it's no surprise he preferred going from a dig. Any CL with probably 250-260+whp will stay with a jeep from a roll or pull on it. It surprisingly doesn't feel heavy for a truck while driving despite the fact that it is.

We need to get all the heavily modded cl's together for a fun track meet or something one day. I'd love to see all of you guys' rides
CL-Future is offline  
The following users liked this post:
civicdrivr (03-25-2012)
Old 03-25-2012, 02:10 PM
  #20  
03 CLS-6
Thread Starter
 
1foxbody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,441
Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts
Yeah I know they are quick from a dig that's why I told him from a roll lol. Even then I didn't think the outcome would be what it was. They are bad ass suv's so I still have respect for it.

That sounds like a plan maybe we all can do a track rental if not we can all just meet at the track like you said. It would be nice to see some other modded cl's in person and actually get to race a few .
1foxbody is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 02:44 PM
  #21  
Love the VAG
iTrader: (8)
 
civicdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: VA
Age: 30
Posts: 30,063
Received 4,660 Likes on 2,845 Posts
Id love to get all the fastest CLs in one place
civicdrivr is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 04:59 PM
  #22  
03 CLS-6
Thread Starter
 
1foxbody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,441
Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by civicdrivr View Post
Id love to get all the fastest CLs in one place
Hell yeah that would be a lot of fun.
1foxbody is offline  
Old 03-26-2012, 10:54 AM
  #23  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (2)
 
fuzzy02CLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South FL
Age: 43
Posts: 16,849
Received 222 Likes on 183 Posts
Maybe he didn't turn off his ESP. And if he didn't have a tune, or it wasn't setup right, the ECU's TQ management will kick in. Also all SRT8's have an issue where if your cruising at a certain low RPM & then gun it the trans will refuse to downshift. It's a design issue of some sort. A better tune or valve body upgrade will fix that. I upgraded mine recently.
It's a different shifting animal now.
fuzzy02CLS is offline  
Old 03-26-2012, 12:45 PM
  #24  
All motor
 
Sonnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,534
Received 526 Likes on 392 Posts
Hmm...this is very interesting. A buddy on my softball team has the SRT8 with I believe the same mods, CAI/tune. He said he hasn't lost a run yet. I wouldn't doubt it assuming they have all been from a dig. This gives me a little hope in keeping up from a roll...
Sonnick is offline  
Old 03-26-2012, 01:05 PM
  #25  
Lives in Boost
 
CL-Future's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 902
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS View Post
Maybe he didn't turn off his ESP. And if he didn't have a tune, or it wasn't setup right, the ECU's TQ management will kick in. Also all SRT8's have an issue where if your cruising at a certain low RPM & then gun it the trans will refuse to downshift. It's a design issue of some sort. A better tune or valve body upgrade will fix that. I upgraded mine recently.
It's a different shifting animal now.
True, the ESP sucks especially in the snow. When it's on, the slipping wheels stop spinning making acceleration herky jerky at best. Very frustrating. Ironically when it's off it's soooooo much easier to drive in the snow as you know how to feather it and correct if necessary.

Since he went from a roll I'd hope that he used the auto stick (1-5). That definitely makes a difference too.
CL-Future is offline  
Old 03-27-2012, 05:53 PM
  #26  
03 CLS-6
Thread Starter
 
1foxbody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,441
Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS View Post
Maybe he didn't turn off his ESP. And if he didn't have a tune, or it wasn't setup right, the ECU's TQ management will kick in. Also all SRT8's have an issue where if your cruising at a certain low RPM & then gun it the trans will refuse to downshift. It's a design issue of some sort. A better tune or valve body upgrade will fix that. I upgraded mine recently.
It's a different shifting animal now.
Iono the guy seemed like he knew what he was doing because I heard his truck going through the gears. It is what it is.. Both the times I talked to him after each run he didn't say a work about his truck or any of those problems. He was just very surprised of the outcome.

Originally Posted by Sonnick View Post
Hmm...this is very interesting. A buddy on my softball team has the SRT8 with I believe the same mods, CAI/tune. He said he hasn't lost a run yet. I wouldn't doubt it assuming they have all been from a dig. This gives me a little hope in keeping up from a roll...
I'm sure from a dig that suv is a animal. Maybe you should race your buddy from a roll also and let us know the outcome!
1foxbody is offline  
Old 04-12-2012, 01:20 AM
  #27  
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 39
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was laughing and said would you like to go again but this time from about a 45mph roll? He said sure. So we both hit it at the same time and I instantly started to pull away we went to about 110mph and I had about 2 1/2 cars this time.
mikeh001 is offline  
Old 04-12-2012, 06:40 PM
  #28  
Love the VAG
iTrader: (8)
 
civicdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: VA
Age: 30
Posts: 30,063
Received 4,660 Likes on 2,845 Posts
We are getting hit every day with these annoying spam bots.
civicdrivr is offline  
Old 04-12-2012, 06:57 PM
  #29  
03 CLS-6
Thread Starter
 
1foxbody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,441
Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts
Lmao
1foxbody is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
kansaiwalker1
Automotive News
190
04-10-2019 08:51 AM
drillzzz
Second Generation CL Discussion (2000-2003)
17
02-07-2016 02:49 PM
TypeSJeff
Third Generation TL (2004-2008)
11
09-22-2015 01:34 AM
Skirmich
Second Generation TL (1999-2003)
37
09-15-2015 06:41 PM
Tsov Tom
Second Generation CL Discussion (2000-2003)
7
09-06-2015 07:56 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My 03 CLS6 VS 10 Jeep SRT-8


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.