AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G CL (2001-2003) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-2001-2003-50/)
-   -   My 03 CLS6 VS 10 Jeep SRT-8 (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-2001-2003-50/my-03-cls6-vs-10-jeep-srt-8-a-851708/)

1foxbody 03-23-2012 08:33 PM

My 03 CLS6 VS 10 Jeep SRT-8

I was talking to the owner of the srt-8 jeep at my friends shop while hanging out today. He said when he went to the track he was able to run a 13.0 with only a intake and I think he said tune but I'm not 100% sure. I know they have a 6.1L hemi and make around 420hp, and run a 13.2 stock. So we both go to leave at the same time and I asked if he wanted to run. I figured what the hell I'll probably lose but I'll get to see how my car compares. At first he wanted to run from a dig but i said no way since he's awd. So the first run we went from about a 20mph roll and we both were side by side for a second since I spun a little but as soon as I hooked I started to pull away. We stopped at about 100mph since I was ahead by about two cars. I rolled down my window and his face was priceless he was in shock. I was laughing and said would you like to go again but this time from about a 45mph roll? He said sure. So we both hit it at the same time and I instantly started to pull away we went to about 110mph and I had about 2 1/2 cars this time.

We cruised together for awhile until we got back to a main area and both caught a stop light, he pulled beside me and was like what's in that thing. I said just a 3.2 v6 with full bolt on's. He was very surprised. Hope you guys enjoy!

justnspace 03-23-2012 08:40 PM

Nice kills!

poisx7 03-23-2012 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by 1foxbody (Post 13648935)
I was talking to the owner of the srt-8 jeep at my friends shop while hanging out today. He said when he went to the track he was able to run a 13.0 with only a intake and I think he said tune but I'm not 100% sure. I know they have a 6.1L hemi and make around 420hp, and run a 13.2 stock. So we both go to leave at the same time and I asked if he wanted to run. I figured what the hell I'll probably lose but I'll get to see how my car compares. At first he wanted to run from a dig but i said no way since he's awd. So the first run we went from about a 20mph roll and we both were side by side for a second since I spun a little but as soon as I hooked I started to pull away. We stopped at about 100mph since I was ahead by about two cars. I rolled down my window and his face was priceless he was in shock. I was laughing and said would you like to go again but this time from about a 45mph roll? He said sure. So we both hit it at the same time and I instantly started to pull away we went to about 110mph and I had about 2 1/2 cars this time.

We cruised together for awhile until we got back to a main area and both caught a stop light, he pulled beside me and was like what's in that thing. I said just a 3.2 v6 with full bolt on's. He was very surprised. Hope you guys enjoy!

emm smthing seems so strange.........
now really what mods do u have ?
i dont see hw it stacks up, not unless u stroked and charged, were u spraying ???:ugh:

may be he is just a bad driver ..
nice kill either way.........

civicdrivr 03-23-2012 09:24 PM

Its not really strange. His car put down over 270whp IIRC.

Racing from a roll, this car can definitely punch above its weight class. Its running from a dig where FWD rears its ugly head.

Nice kills btw :thumbsup: Once we get those axles we should run :D

1foxbody 03-24-2012 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by poisx7 (Post 13648949)
emm smthing seems so strange.........
now really what mods do u have ?
i dont see hw it stacks up, not unless u stroked and charged, were u spraying ???:ugh:

may be he is just a bad driver ..
nice kill either way.........

Nothing strange at all. His suv is a auto and we were going in a straight line from a roll so there's not really much he can mess up on lol. Plus he even said at the light how surprised he was about me beating him, shit even I was haha. I'm not stroked, charged, or do I have my nitrous kit installed yet. From a roll is a whole different ball game. I honestly think my car compares to a mid to high 12 sec car from a roll.

(I'll just copy and paste the list from my build thread)

Modified comptech headers, Custom j pipe, Custom mid pipe, vibrant ultra quiet resonator, Modified comptech mufflers, Custom 3.5 cold air intake, Unorthodox lightweight pulleys, P2r plenums, P2r throttle body spacer, and P2r thermal gaskets.

The only things left are aem fic, DSS 2.9 axles, hoosier slicks, clutch masters stage 3 clutch kit with aasco aluminum flywheel, and spray. Then I will have full bolt on's and I'll be very satisfied with the car performance wise.

1foxbody 03-24-2012 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by civicdrivr (Post 13649037)
Its not really strange. His car put down over 270whp IIRC.

Racing from a roll, this car can definitely punch above its weight class. Its running from a dig where FWD rears its ugly head.

Nice kills btw :thumbsup: Once we get those axles we should run :D

Exactly civicdrivr you know the deal. Like you said running from a roll is a whole different ball game. You are right I made 273whp corrected and 279 uncorrected with only a bolt on 3.2 just to confirm.

Thanks, You should kill me once we both have those axles installed, hands down your car makes more power than mine all across the board. I might be a little closer to your numbers once I do those last few mods but who knows will see. I don't mind running you but no promising I'm not going to spray on you once those axles and slicks are on since you have a slight advantage over me hahaha :tongue:.

1foxbody 03-24-2012 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by justnspace (Post 13648943)
Nice kills!

Thanks!

civicdrivr 03-24-2012 12:33 PM

With nitrous, youll probably smoke me. But Im working on my last few mods as well, so itll be interesting :ninja: :rofl:

1foxbody 03-24-2012 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by civicdrivr (Post 13649970)
With nitrous, you'll probably smoke me. But Im working on my last few mods as well, so it'll be interesting :ninja: :rofl:

Well me without nitrous you'll walk me since you already make more power than me the way our curs currently sits. If you don't mind me asking what's your last few mods? Once you have those done you'll make even more so motor to motor you should beat me regardless since your stroked, ported/polished, slight head work, and etc. I'm only a bolt on 3.2 :ugh: lol.

civicdrivr 03-24-2012 02:54 PM

You all shall soon find out what my last few mods are :ninja:

1foxbody 03-24-2012 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by civicdrivr (Post 13650221)
You all shall soon find out what my last few mods are :ninja:

Lol oh come on no secrets on here. It's not a grudge race car :tongue:.

civicdrivr 03-24-2012 04:03 PM

You apparently do not know me that well :rofl:

I keep my future mods quiet. Only when they are on the car will I release info on the forum.

1foxbody 03-24-2012 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by civicdrivr (Post 13650340)
You apparently do not know me that well :rofl:

I keep my future mods quiet. Only when they are on the car will I release info on the forum.

I don't that's why we need to get up since we live in the same state lol! You better come to that springfest car show it should be a very good turnout this year. At least give me a hint haha! You already have a pretty healthy setup so I'm curious to what else you can do other than a power adder.

civicdrivr 03-24-2012 04:46 PM

Yea, I have to see if I can make it to that one.

1foxbody 03-24-2012 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by civicdrivr (Post 13650412)
Yea, I have to see if I can make it to that one.

Hopefully you can. I missed it last year and I was supposed to enter my motorcycle but I was out of state. All my friends that went said it was really good and I saw lots of nice pictures. What part of VA are you located? I'm in VB. When you go to the track do you usually go to Vmp, Richmond, Mir since they all aren't too far from us?

civicdrivr 03-24-2012 05:52 PM

Im in Richmond. I havent gone to the track yet. Whenever I thought about it Id end up breaking something on the CL :bored:

1foxbody 03-24-2012 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by civicdrivr (Post 13650541)
Im in Richmond. I havent gone to the track yet. Whenever I thought about it Id end up breaking something on the CL :bored:

Oh okay that's not too far. No wonder why I never see you around locally. I completely understand. Well hopefully everything comes together smoothly and we get to hit the track soon one day.

civicdrivr 03-24-2012 11:03 PM

:werd: Im occasionally out in VB for work, but its usually only for an hour or so.

CL-Future 03-25-2012 01:57 PM

Nice run. The jeep is ridiculous off the line. Even without brake torquing we've been able to take 911's and gt-r's off the line but of course without a charger or turbo its damn near impossible to hold fast cars off after getting going. I raced a jeep SRT from about a 60 roll before I got mine and slowly pulled on it in the CL-SC so it's no surprise he preferred going from a dig. Any CL with probably 250-260+whp will stay with a jeep from a roll or pull on it. It surprisingly doesn't feel heavy for a truck while driving despite the fact that it is.

We need to get all the heavily modded cl's together for a fun track meet or something one day. I'd love to see all of you guys' rides

1foxbody 03-25-2012 02:10 PM

Yeah I know they are quick from a dig that's why I told him from a roll lol. Even then I didn't think the outcome would be what it was. They are bad ass suv's so I still have respect for it.

That sounds like a plan maybe we all can do a track rental if not we can all just meet at the track like you said. It would be nice to see some other modded cl's in person and actually get to race a few :wish:.

civicdrivr 03-25-2012 02:44 PM

:werd: Id love to get all the fastest CLs in one place :drag:

1foxbody 03-25-2012 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by civicdrivr (Post 13652062)
:werd: Id love to get all the fastest CLs in one place :drag:

Hell yeah that would be a lot of fun.

fuzzy02CLS 03-26-2012 10:54 AM

Maybe he didn't turn off his ESP. And if he didn't have a tune, or it wasn't setup right, the ECU's TQ management will kick in. Also all SRT8's have an issue where if your cruising at a certain low RPM & then gun it the trans will refuse to downshift. It's a design issue of some sort. A better tune or valve body upgrade will fix that. I upgraded mine recently.
It's a different shifting animal now.

Sonnick 03-26-2012 12:45 PM

Hmm...this is very interesting. A buddy on my softball team has the SRT8 with I believe the same mods, CAI/tune. He said he hasn't lost a run yet. I wouldn't doubt it assuming they have all been from a dig. This gives me a little hope in keeping up from a roll...

CL-Future 03-26-2012 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS (Post 13653801)
Maybe he didn't turn off his ESP. And if he didn't have a tune, or it wasn't setup right, the ECU's TQ management will kick in. Also all SRT8's have an issue where if your cruising at a certain low RPM & then gun it the trans will refuse to downshift. It's a design issue of some sort. A better tune or valve body upgrade will fix that. I upgraded mine recently.

True, the ESP sucks especially in the snow. When it's on, the slipping wheels stop spinning making acceleration herky jerky at best. Very frustrating. Ironically when it's off it's soooooo much easier to drive in the snow as you know how to feather it and correct if necessary.

Since he went from a roll I'd hope that he used the auto stick (1-5). That definitely makes a difference too.

1foxbody 03-27-2012 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS (Post 13653801)

Iono the guy seemed like he knew what he was doing because I heard his truck going through the gears. It is what it is.. Both the times I talked to him after each run he didn't say a work about his truck or any of those problems. He was just very surprised of the outcome.

Originally Posted by Sonnick (Post 13654113)
Hmm...this is very interesting. A buddy on my softball team has the SRT8 with I believe the same mods, CAI/tune. He said he hasn't lost a run yet. I wouldn't doubt it assuming they have all been from a dig. This gives me a little hope in keeping up from a roll...

I'm sure from a dig that suv is a animal. Maybe you should race your buddy from a roll also and let us know the outcome!

mikeh001 04-12-2012 01:20 AM

I was laughing and said would you like to go again but this time from about a 45mph roll? He said sure. So we both hit it at the same time and I instantly started to pull away we went to about 110mph and I had about 2 1/2 cars this time. http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

civicdrivr 04-12-2012 06:40 PM

:annoyed: We are getting hit every day with these annoying spam bots.

1foxbody 04-12-2012 06:57 PM

Lmao