03 CL-S vs. 03(?)Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 11:20 PM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
03 CL-S vs. 03(?)Corvette

So im driving back from a seminar and im headed to a stop light, and it sunddenly tuns green and i downshift to 2nd and go, and the vette probably thought that i wanted to race him so he zooms past me and i still now in 3rd gun it and get next to him and give him a nod, looked like a rich little white kid with his dads car, so he beeps 3 times and jump to 2nd at round 40. and i keep up for till we hit about 70 end of 2nd gear, and he just jumps waaay far...but man did that engine sound good. yeah lost but felt good to keep up....for a gear....
Old 05-23-2007, 12:23 AM
01 CL_S SMR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on keepin up for a gear, look out on the corvette boards for a "Killed some Acura" Thread
Old 05-23-2007, 12:26 AM
Instructor

Ya seems that 2nd is the strongest gear, I actually pull on my buddys WRX til he hits third. I can prob get him in a 1/4 we only have 1/8 right now. O well
Old 05-23-2007, 01:52 AM
Pro

yeah watsup with that? then its like, NOOOOOOOOOoooo....
Old 05-23-2007, 07:36 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by xxpnoiboi03xx
So im driving back from a seminar and im headed to a stop light, and it sunddenly tuns green and i downshift to 2nd and go, and the vette probably thought that i wanted to race him so he zooms past me and i still now in 3rd gun it and get next to him and give him a nod, looked like a rich little white kid with his dads car, so he beeps 3 times and jump to 2nd at round 40. and i keep up for till we hit about 70 end of 2nd gear, and he just jumps waaay far...but man did that engine sound good. yeah lost but felt good to keep up....for a gear....
Nice try but he toyed with you from beginning to end. Here's a number that should let you know what the deal is:

5.7 liters / 346 cu. in.
Horsepower 350 @ 5600 rpm
Torque (lb-ft) 360 @ 4000 rpm

Even the 2000 corvette had 350 lb-ft of torque. He could have murdered you and emailed you a picture of your mashed balls if he was serious.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:00 AM
RIP MxOJuic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Good Job! I know you didn't get him put at least u kept up
Old 05-23-2007, 08:29 AM
'08 MX5 GT 6spd.

Received 1,192 Likes on 485 Posts
Originally Posted by Sideswipe
Nice try but he toyed with you from beginning to end. Here's a number that should let you know what the deal is:

5.7 liters / 346 cu. in.
Horsepower 350 @ 5600 rpm
Torque (lb-ft) 360 @ 4000 rpm

Even the 2000 corvette had 350 lb-ft of torque. He could have murdered you and emailed you a picture of your mashed balls if he was serious.

Yea, my dad has an 04 Vette. You wouldnt have kept up in any gear.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:46 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by o2cls
Yea, my dad has an 04 Vette. You wouldnt have kept up in any gear.
SO YOUR THE RICK LITTLE WHITE KID WITH HIS DADS CAR!! IT WAS YOOOUUUU!!!..hehe jk.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:13 PM
'08 MX5 GT 6spd.

Nah, I wouldnt have wasted my time.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:33 PM
In the Mid-South meow

Received 2,088 Likes on 1,083 Posts
Your only chance of truely keeping up is if it was from a dig and the kid didn't know how to drive the Vette and he just sat there smoking the tires. It does happen though. I raced a late 60's - early 70's Stingray and kept up until the top of 2nd and then he just left me standing still. Still a fun little encounter though.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:35 PM
Pro

yeah i probably wouldnt have either. i dont ever really race, especially with lil rice rockets....but yeah, i dont care, im sure he was toying with me, but felt good to hear that engine. even tho im not a big fan of vettes. i saw a black aston martin vanquish, and o my god did i cream my pants. drove next to it, rolled down my windows, and o man did that sound good.....
Old 05-23-2007, 02:40 PM
3.2 CL-S Sundance Gold

Could you imagine his face if you would have stayed with him the entire time..LOL!!!Just imagine it you drive around in a vette making kills for fun .......and then all of a sudden you find urself in a serious battle with some guy in an Acura (and its not an NSX) ..damn if you could have only added 100 hp/ tq for those 15 sec......LOL
Old 05-23-2007, 02:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 183 Posts
Having driven a 04 vette at length, I will say it's not all that faster of a car them my modded CL. Notice I said all that faster.....It's fast but coming from a fast car you don't notice it that much in day to day driving. I will say I hated the clutch in that vette.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:00 PM
'08 MX5 GT 6spd.

Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS
Having driven a 04 vette at length, I will say it's not all that faster of a car them my modded CL. Notice I said all that faster.....It's fast but coming from a fast car you don't notice it that much in day to day driving. I will say I hated the clutch in that vette.

I think the quarter for an 04 vette is 13.2-4. So it is still a much faster car. Even in 5th gear its gobs faster than my CL in 3rd.

As far as the clutch and shift...its trash, its right out of a tractor. not pleasing to drive at all.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Pro

A girl I dated got a 2003 vette for graduation (high school) Even though it was an auto that thing could still fish tail down the on ramp...so freaking sweet...I loved driving that thing. I wouldn't even attempt to even hang with a vette in my car. After driving that thing...I know they are in totally different leagues.

Yea I know what your all thinking...rich b*tch and yea she was....spoiled rich!.....Gosh I should have married her..ha ha.

Good story though.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Pro

^yeah u shoulda...what were u thinkin!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Blown LS6!!

Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS

I know what you mean. When I sold my S/C'd CLS and got the CTS-V I was a little disappointed for the first month. Part of it was that it was my first manual tranny car and I couldn't drive for shit but the other part was it wasn't "that much" faster than my modded CLS - at least seat-of-the-pants faster. It might also be that the CLS gives you that "rush" when the rpms climb. The LS6 motor in the V has a pretty flat torque curve. Once I got used to driving the manual I put the blower in the V and cured my "not much faster than my CLS" problem
Old 05-25-2007, 06:40 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Seattle Cl-S
I know what you mean. When I sold my S/C'd CLS and got the CTS-V I was a little disappointed for the first month. Part of it was that it was my first manual tranny car and I couldn't drive for shit but the other part was it wasn't "that much" faster than my modded CLS - at least seat-of-the-pants faster. It might also be that the CLS gives you that "rush" when the rpms climb. The LS6 motor in the V has a pretty flat torque curve. Once I got used to driving the manual I put the blower in the V and cured my "not much faster than my CLS" problem
The operative word here is modded. You put a stock CLS against a stock Corvette 2000 and up and you'll get your ass handed to you I don't care how great of a "dig" you get or how great your tires or driving skill is. Saying a Vette isn't "that much faster" when you're sitting in a modded car isn't much of an argument. I don't care if you have a CLS with a 6MT or 5AT, whether it's modded or stock, you can't sit there with a straight face, look somebody in the eye and tell them you can "keep up" with a car that has a top speed between 155 to 167mph. Don't get me wrong, though. It's not like I don't LOVE my CLS. I'm crazy about my car but I'm also aware of its limitations.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:56 AM
Read Matt. 24 3-14

The operative word here is modded. You put a stock CLS against a stock Corvette 2000 and up and you'll get your ass handed to you I don't care how great of a "dig" you get or how great your tires or driving skill is. Saying a Vette isn't "that much faster" when you're sitting in a modded car isn't much of an argument. I don't care if you have a CLS with a 6MT or 5AT, whether it's modded or stock, you can't sit there with a straight face, look somebody in the eye and tell them you can "keep up" with a car that has a top speed between 155 to 167mph. Don't get me wrong, though. It's not like I don't LOVE my CLS. I'm crazy about my car but I'm also aware of its limitations.
Yeah a stock CLS keeping up with a stock vette just doesn't sound right
Old 05-25-2007, 12:26 PM
Lives in Boost

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
I don't think anyone's doubting the limitations of the CL-S. But #'s don't always determine the outcome of a race. I hung w/ a 4 door Maserati through 2nd gear, can't think of the name of it off the top of my head. After lookin it up online I saw it had 400HP but also weighs over 4000lbs.
Maybe the Vette was in the wrong gear when he took off, and then finally the Vette smoked him. I think everyone knows a stock Vette can beat a stock CL-S.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:27 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
SO YOUR THE RICK LITTLE WHITE KID WITH HIS DADS CAR!! IT WAS YOOOUUUU!!!..hehe jk.
I dont' think you would like being called a young black guy.

Dickhead....
Old 05-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Oakroadsteve
I dont' think you would like being called a young black guy.

Dickhead....
no i wouldnt care..coz im not black....

ass wipe..
Old 05-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by CL-Future
I don't think anyone's doubting the limitations of the CL-S. But #'s don't always determine the outcome of a race. I hung w/ a 4 door Maserati through 2nd gear, can't think of the name of it off the top of my head. After lookin it up online I saw it had 400HP but also weighs over 4000lbs.
Maybe the Vette was in the wrong gear when he took off, and then finally the Vette smoked him. I think everyone knows a stock Vette can beat a stock CL-S.
4 door maserati? its called the quatroporte (sp?), which means....four doors....
Old 05-31-2007, 12:32 AM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

no i wouldnt care..coz im not black....

ass wipe..
"pinoy" = basically just the mexicans of asians <== is that acceptable? no.

what makes you so high and mighty that it's allright to describe someone in such a racial connotation?

would you like to be reffered to as just another trashy filipino kid, (who are a dime a dozen) whose parents donut shop or assembly line job paid for your car?

since when is being rich or white something you should use in a racially charged insult?

and guess what, you didn't hang with the corvette. he was half way on the gas pedal smart guy.

for being 20 years old you act like a pre-pubescent adolescent. grow up and get a little class.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:03 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by civic4982

what makes you so high and mighty that it's allright to describe someone in such a racial connotation?

would you like to be reffered to as just another trashy filipino kid, (who are a dime a dozen) whose parents donut shop or assembly line job paid for your car?

since when is being rich or white something you should use in a racially charged insult?

and guess what, you didn't hang with the corvette. he was half way on the gas pedal smart guy.

for being 20 years old you act like a pre-pubescent adolescent. grow up and get a little class.

ok then so i didnt hang with the vette. and ok i was wrong for making a racially charged insult, not what i was intending to do. i appologize. didnt meant to cause conflict. and about the donut shop, thats new, never heard that one before, and btw, i am paying for my own car rent everything by myself...my parents arent even here.... i may be 20 but i was out of highschool by 16 and college by 19 and am a Registered Nurse by 20, work in the ER and ICU float and so just a lil FYI on my being 20. and again sorry if i insulted anybody.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Missing my

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by civic4982

Which is it? Are you against racism or are you against anti-caucasian commentary? Your rant is confusing and inconsistent...

I feel bad for any product of the Texas Public School system.