Go Back  AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community > Automotive Discussion > Car Talk
Reload this Page >

Yumcha Buys a Car, Gets It After World Ends, Breaks Windshield (Again)

Notices

Yumcha Buys a Car, Gets It After World Ends, Breaks Windshield (Again)

 
Old 04-14-2019, 10:52 PM
  #481  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,691
Liked 247 Times in 221 Posts
Originally Posted by ttribe View Post
Seriously Midnight Mystery, there's no reason to litter this thread with multiple posts of random questions. Being a spaz is neither endearing nor a quality that makes for a long life for you in this thread. In short, this moderator is encouraging you to get your shit together.

CU2 kind of parodied you and showed how lame this looks.
ttribe This is Yumcha's thread where he complains about his new car... I think it was born with thread cancer...



#NotTheOnlyOne
Midnight Mystery is offline  
Old 04-14-2019, 10:55 PM
  #482  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,691
Liked 247 Times in 221 Posts
Besides, I posted a half-ass legit question...


Cu2 was the one that left that embarrassing puddle in Yummy's garage...
Midnight Mystery is offline  
Old 04-14-2019, 11:26 PM
  #483  
Moderator
 
cu2wagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Dirty H-Town, Amerikkka
Posts: 21,292
Liked 4,271 Times in 3,044 Posts


I wondered how long that would slide...
cu2wagon is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 06:35 AM
  #484  
Moderator
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)
iTrader: (6)
 
rockstar143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 66,240
Liked 14,639 Times in 10,909 Posts
I'm 3.0 supercharged.
rockstar143 is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 12:16 PM
  #485  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,089
Liked 14,816 Times in 9,185 Posts
Originally Posted by rockstar143 View Post
I'm 3.0 supercharged.
Probably longer lasting than the turbo?
Yumcha is online now  
Old 04-15-2019, 12:18 PM
  #486  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,089
Liked 14,816 Times in 9,185 Posts
Originally Posted by cu2wagon View Post


I wondered how long that would slide...
Very. We use lube in here. So, lots of sliding.
Yumcha is online now  
Old 04-15-2019, 12:55 PM
  #487  
Moderator
 
thoiboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 37,643
Liked 5,791 Times in 4,643 Posts
Originally Posted by ttribe View Post
Seriously Midnight Mystery, there's no reason to litter this thread with multiple posts of random questions. Being a spaz is neither endearing nor a quality that makes for a long life for you in this thread. In short, this moderator is encouraging you to get your shit together.

CU2 kind of parodied you and showed how lame this looks.

Sorry TT.. he got too comfortable in 3GR and justnspace left the gate open..
thoiboi is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 01:58 PM
  #488  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,089
Liked 14,816 Times in 9,185 Posts
It's fine folks. Midnight Mystery , you are welcome to post in here.

Just make sure you apply extra lube.
Yumcha is online now  
Old 04-15-2019, 01:58 PM
  #489  
Moderator
 
thoiboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 37,643
Liked 5,791 Times in 4,643 Posts
Or in his case, brake fluid
thoiboi is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 02:01 PM
  #490  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,089
Liked 14,816 Times in 9,185 Posts
The only gate that is NOT left open is the question if Saintor got his car before me.




Categorically, we'll nevar know.
Yumcha is online now  
Old 04-15-2019, 02:12 PM
  #491  
Moderator
 
ttribe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 47
Posts: 14,140
Liked 4,276 Times in 2,346 Posts
Originally Posted by thoiboi View Post
Sorry TT.. he got too comfortable in 3GR and justnspace left the gate open..
Again?! Why do you guys keeping letting him be in charge of the gate?!

Originally Posted by Yumcha View Post
It's fine folks. Midnight Mystery , you are welcome to post in here.

Just make sure you apply extra lube.
Originally Posted by thoiboi View Post
Or in his case, brake fluid
Originally Posted by Yumcha View Post
The only gate that is NOT left open is the question if Saintor got his car before me.




Categorically, we'll nevar know.
If Yummy is good, so am I.
ttribe is online now  
Old 04-15-2019, 02:13 PM
  #492  
Moderator
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)
iTrader: (6)
 
rockstar143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 66,240
Liked 14,639 Times in 10,909 Posts
Yummy is yummy. So yummy is good.
rockstar143 is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 03:13 PM
  #493  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,089
Liked 14,816 Times in 9,185 Posts
Well, at least the windshield crack is fixed...you can still see it but it's 85% gone. Looks like a faint webbing left by a spider.
Yumcha is online now  
Old 04-15-2019, 03:14 PM
  #494  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,089
Liked 14,816 Times in 9,185 Posts
Originally Posted by rockstar143 View Post
Yummy is yummy. So yummy is good.
We should have an AZ camping meet.

I'll bring the sausages! Even the Asian ones because they taste different.
Yumcha is online now  
Old 04-15-2019, 03:17 PM
  #495  
Moderator
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)
iTrader: (6)
 
rockstar143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 66,240
Liked 14,639 Times in 10,909 Posts
fUCKING, YUM!
rockstar143 is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 03:44 PM
  #496  
Moderator
 
thoiboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 37,643
Liked 5,791 Times in 4,643 Posts
mmm asian sausages are delish





I'll bring some egg rolls
thoiboi is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 05:01 PM
  #497  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,089
Liked 14,816 Times in 9,185 Posts
Originally Posted by thoiboi View Post
mmm asian sausages are delish





I'll bring some egg rolls
Cool. We can get J as the gwai-ro to bring cabbage rolls.
Yumcha is online now  
Old 04-15-2019, 05:02 PM
  #498  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,089
Liked 14,816 Times in 9,185 Posts
I guess I could invite ttribe too but I'm planting LEGO bricks in his sleeping bag.
Yumcha is online now  
Old 04-15-2019, 07:45 PM
  #499  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,691
Liked 247 Times in 221 Posts
Can I just spit on it?
Midnight Mystery is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 07:55 PM
  #500  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,089
Liked 14,816 Times in 9,185 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post
Can I just spit on it?
No, MM. That would be unsanitary.
Yumcha is online now  
Old 04-15-2019, 08:16 PM
  #501  
Moderator
 
ttribe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 47
Posts: 14,140
Liked 4,276 Times in 2,346 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumcha View Post
I guess I could invite ttribe too but I'm planting LEGO bricks in his sleeping bag.
You better sew them into the lining or I'll just dump them into your car!

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post
Can I just spit on it?


Originally Posted by Yumcha View Post
No, MM. That would be unsanitary.
Given your guest list, so far, I suspect there will be a whole lot of "unsanitary" going on at this event.
ttribe is online now  
The following 2 users liked this post by ttribe:
00TL-P3.2 (04-16-2019), Yumcha (04-15-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 08:53 PM
  #502  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,691
Liked 247 Times in 221 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumcha View Post
No, MM. That would be unsanitary.
So what, stick to lube then...?
Midnight Mystery is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 09:03 PM
  #503  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,089
Liked 14,816 Times in 9,185 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post
So what, stick to lube then...?
Yes, you could grease up the cabbage rolls, spring rolls, and sausages.
Yumcha is online now  
Old 04-15-2019, 09:07 PM
  #504  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,089
Liked 14,816 Times in 9,185 Posts
Originally Posted by ttribe View Post
You better sew them into the lining or I'll just dump them into your car!







Given your guest list, so far, I suspect there will be a whole lot of "unsanitary" going on at this event.
Maybe bricks inside your tent too.















Speaking of interiors, I still have not attempted to buff out the minor scratch on the mini-display screen between my temp. knobs (this is NOT the navigation screen). Still too to try despite Majofo's suggestion to use a Magic Eraser gently on it.
Yumcha is online now  
Old 04-15-2019, 09:10 PM
  #505  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,691
Liked 247 Times in 221 Posts
Magic erase may cause some dust but that's it...



Moral... Trim your wife's fingernails....
Midnight Mystery is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 09:18 PM
  #506  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,089
Liked 14,816 Times in 9,185 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post
Magic erase may cause some dust but that's it...



Moral... Trim your wife's fingernails....
This is the Mr. Clean brand, right? It has no abrasives...?
Yumcha is online now  
Old 04-15-2019, 09:43 PM
  #507  
Moderator
 
cu2wagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Dirty H-Town, Amerikkka
Posts: 21,292
Liked 4,271 Times in 3,044 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumcha View Post
This is the Mr. Clean brand, right? It has no abrasives...?
Melanie Foam is what you're looking for. The most common branded version is the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser but you could get 4x the quantity for the same price off of Amazon if you just look up melamine foam and buy the generic blocks.

There shouldn't be anything else in it, just a white foam block. It's just a super super super fine abrasive in and of itself.

FWIW, depending on how your morals fall, a person may be inclined to try it out on a loaner or rental vehicle before trying it on their own. Just in case it leads to some fine hazing or something. I've never used it on a clear surface so I'm not sure how much opaquing it may cause.
cu2wagon is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by cu2wagon:
thoiboi (04-16-2019), Yumcha (04-15-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 10:21 PM
  #508  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,089
Liked 14,816 Times in 9,185 Posts
Originally Posted by cu2wagon View Post
Melanie Foam is what you're looking for. The most common branded version is the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser but you could get 4x the quantity for the same price off of Amazon if you just look up melamine foam and buy the generic blocks.

There shouldn't be anything else in it, just a white foam block. It's just a super super super fine abrasive in and of itself.

FWIW, depending on how your morals fall, a person may be inclined to try it out on a loaner or rental vehicle before trying it on their own. Just in case it leads to some fine hazing or something. I've never used it on a clear surface so I'm not sure how much opaquing it may cause.
Thanks for the advice on the blocks.

I'll sacrifice a goat or something before I try it on my car. I won't do it another's vehicle as I already have enough karma going my way thanks.
Yumcha is online now  
Old 04-15-2019, 10:28 PM
  #509  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,691
Liked 247 Times in 221 Posts
This is the veneer finish right?


Try it on an old home appliance or something...


Or you could say F-Karma and rent a car to try it on!


Might well hace sone fun too!


Like they say, the fastest kind of car is a rental car...

Last edited by Midnight Mystery; 04-15-2019 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Fuk dat!
Midnight Mystery is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 10:34 PM
  #510  
Moderator
 
cu2wagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Dirty H-Town, Amerikkka
Posts: 21,292
Liked 4,271 Times in 3,044 Posts
Originally Posted by cu2wagon View Post
Melanie Foam is what you're looking for.
FFS. Autocorrect fail. Melamine is the foam. No clue who TF Melanie is, but rubbing your screen with her will likely have undesirable outcome.
cu2wagon is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 10:38 PM
  #511  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,691
Liked 247 Times in 221 Posts
Fuck it... Sandblast it already.
Midnight Mystery is offline  
Old 04-16-2019, 10:02 AM
  #512  
Excels at nothing
 
svtmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Chicago
Age: 54
Posts: 35,623
Liked 2,559 Times in 1,400 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumcha View Post
Thanks for the advice on the blocks.

I'll sacrifice a goat or something before I try it on my car. I won't do it another's vehicle as I already have enough karma going my way thanks.
Arenít there polishing compounds for plastic headlights?

I wouldnít do anything more aggressive than that. I would probably just live with it.
svtmike is online now  
Old 04-16-2019, 10:41 AM
  #513  
Moderator
 
thoiboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 37,643
Liked 5,791 Times in 4,643 Posts
Originally Posted by cu2wagon View Post
Melanie Foam is what you're looking for. The most common branded version is the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser but you could get 4x the quantity for the same price off of Amazon if you just look up melamine foam and buy the generic blocks.

There shouldn't be anything else in it, just a white foam block. It's just a super super super fine abrasive in and of itself.

FWIW, depending on how your morals fall, a person may be inclined to try it out on a loaner or rental vehicle before trying it on their own. Just in case it leads to some fine hazing or something. I've never used it on a clear surface so I'm not sure how much opaquing it may cause.
What I'd do is go take your car to the dealership (preemptively because you know it'll end up there anyway ) get the loaner, get your wife to scratch it again, and then get the Magic Eraser to test on



but I"m a man of little to no morals
thoiboi is offline  
Old 04-16-2019, 10:43 AM
  #514  
Moderator
 
thoiboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 37,643
Liked 5,791 Times in 4,643 Posts
Originally Posted by svtmike View Post
Arenít there polishing compounds for plastic headlights?

I wouldnít do anything more aggressive than that. I would probably just live with it.

Meguiar's makes a "PlastX" compound https://smile.amazon.com/Meguiars-Pl...-no-redirect=1


Not sure how it compares to Magic Eraser/Melamine in terms of abrasiveness though..


Just don't use a Majofo on there.. that guy is abrasive as hell
thoiboi is offline  
Old 04-16-2019, 10:46 AM
  #515  
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 27,497
Liked 2,182 Times in 1,296 Posts
Originally Posted by cu2wagon View Post
FFS. Autocorrect fail. Melamine is the foam. No clue who TF Melanie is, but rubbing your screen with her will likely have undesirable outcome.
I was like, why would you want to leave a snail trail? That's even worse
Costco is offline  
Old 04-16-2019, 11:07 AM
  #516  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,089
Liked 14,816 Times in 9,185 Posts
Originally Posted by svtmike View Post
Arenít there polishing compounds for plastic headlights?

I wouldnít do anything more aggressive than that. I would probably just live with it.
Yeah, this would be similar:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00068KU1K/?coliid=I2FM8IPL1PLR1Y&colid=306R9XRQRCL5Y&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00068KU1K/?coliid=I2FM8IPL1PLR1Y&colid=306R9XRQRCL5Y&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Apparently, it works on clear, plastic trim which I believe is the surface of the display between the temp. knobs. Your Audi would have that same mini-screen too, Mike. You know which one I'm referring to, right? It's not an LCD surface as far as I can tell.
Yumcha is online now  
Old 04-16-2019, 11:08 AM
  #517  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,089
Liked 14,816 Times in 9,185 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post
This is the veneer finish right?


Try it on an old home appliance or something...


Or you could say F-Karma and rent a car to try it on!


Might well hace sone fun too!


Like they say, the fastest kind of car is a rental car...
Not sure if it's veneer. But, any car from the last couple of years will have something like it if there is a mini-digital display to output what the cabin temperature is, the setting for the vents, and etc.
Yumcha is online now  
Old 04-16-2019, 11:09 AM
  #518  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,089
Liked 14,816 Times in 9,185 Posts
Originally Posted by thoiboi View Post
What I'd do is go take your car to the dealership (preemptively because you know it'll end up there anyway ) get the loaner, get your wife to scratch it again, and then get the Magic Eraser to test on



but I"m a man of little to no morals
badboi!
Yumcha is online now  
Old 04-16-2019, 12:18 PM
  #519  
Excels at nothing
 
svtmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Chicago
Age: 54
Posts: 35,623
Liked 2,559 Times in 1,400 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumcha View Post
Yeah, this would be similar: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00068KU1K/...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Apparently, it works on clear, plastic trim which I believe is the surface of the display between the temp. knobs. Your Audi would have that same mini-screen too, Mike. You know which one I'm referring to, right? It's not an LCD surface as far as I can tell.
I know exactly which one you speak of. I donít believe it is an LCD surface.
svtmike is online now  
The following users liked this post: svtmike
Yumcha (04-16-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 05:02 PM
  #520  
Senior Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 146,089
Liked 14,816 Times in 9,185 Posts
Originally Posted by svtmike View Post
I know exactly which one you speak of. I donít believe it is an LCD surface.
Yeah, so now the question is...do I dare try a Magic Eraser on it and/or the plastic polish (Meguir's or Mother's)...?
Yumcha is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Yumcha Buys a Car, Gets It After World Ends, Breaks Windshield (Again)


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.