Yamaha YZF R6 vs. Honda 600RR vs. Suzuki GSXR

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 10:58 AM
What your problem is?

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Edroe, how about some info like that for the 600cc bikes and the 750cc (although there is only one 750 out on the market)?????

Codeman, hit me up with a price and condition of your bike....
Old 06-25-2004, 12:40 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one 750? man, there is more than one 750 supersport out there. what about the ducati 748/749? there's a lot of bikes you're overlooking.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:13 PM
What your problem is?

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I thought the GSX 750 was the only 750 out on the market, the ducati came out recently, but I did not know they were selling them here, yet... my bad...i new to the game so...... your fowgivaness peace sar... that is a japanese guy saying forgiveness please, sir...
Old 06-25-2004, 01:29 PM
Instructor

ducati's been here for quite awhile...they have dealerships everywhere. the gsxr750 is an overall better bike in value and performance than the 748/749 though.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:43 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by RUF 993TTR
yzfrebel - i see in your signature that you've changed your racing color eh? haha. kawa now?
Yep. I traded the yzf in a few years back and still regret it.

I love my ZX9 and on big tracks it is great. And the Power still gives me goosebumps.

BUT I had gotten good at flinging the yzf around the track and diving into corners. Even though I was up against bigger bikes that would take me in the straights I would pass them in the corners. But I could not stay out front because they would take me in the straight again.

Anyway The Ninja is working for me I was able to ride her 13 hours no-stop (not including gas) on back roads from NM to CO.

Also the rebel in the yzfrebel is because my wife rode a rebel. She now rides a Ninja 500
Old 06-25-2004, 08:28 PM
8th Gear

Just in case you don't check you PM the bike is in perfect condition.

E mail me at cm46@dana.ucc.nau.edu for some pics and more info

thanks
Old 07-01-2004, 07:25 AM
Best in da Burgh

Originally Posted by yzfrebel
Have you looked at just the YZF 600. That was my first bike several years ago. The R6 is a lot to handle for a new rider. It is a full out race bike with turn signals

Just my 2 cents but it is your dime.

well before i bought one i rode one and OMFG!! a race bike with turn signals is the understatement of the year. the throttle response is so touchy that i was never in control of the bike and it scared the living shit out of me. so after all this, i changed my mind and i'm gonna stick to four wheels and continue to pimp my TL! maybe i'll pick up a classic, like a 68 camaro and restore her or something, but NO BIKE for me. FUCK THAT!
Old 07-01-2004, 01:20 PM

Specs
Engine: 599cc,4-stroke,four-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve
Bore Stroke: 67.0 x 42.5mm
Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
Fuel System: Fuel Injection
Lubrication: Wet Sump
Ignition: Digital/transistorized
Transmission: 6-speed, constant mesh
Final Drive: #525 chain
Overall Length: 2075mm (81.7 in.)
Overall Width: 715mm (28.1 in.)
Overall Height: 1145mm (45.1 in.)
Seat Height: 825mm (32.5 in.)
Ground Clearance: 128mm (5.0 in.)
Wheelbase: 1390mm (54.7 in.)
Dry Weight: 161kg (354.9 lbs.)
Suspension Front: Cartridge-type, coil spring, fully adjustable spring preload, rebound and compression damping
Suspension Rear: Link-type, gas/oil damped, fully adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
Brakes Front: Dual hydraulic disc
Brakes Rear: Single hydraulic disc
Tires Front: 120/70-ZR-17
Tires Rear: 180/55-ZR-17
Fuel Tank Capacity: 17 liter (4.5 gal.)
Color: Blue/White, Yellow, Black

Specs
Engine: 749cc, 4-stroke, four-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve
Bore Stroke: 72.0 x 46.0mm
Compression Ratio: 12.3:1
Fuel System: Fuel Injection
Lubrication: Wet Sump
Ignition: Digital/transistorized
Transmission: 6-speed, constant mesh
Final Drive: #525 chain
Overall Length: 2075mm (81.7 in.)
Overall Width: 715mm (28.1 in.)
Overall Height: 1145mm (45.1 in.)
Seat Height: 825mm (32.5 in.)
Ground Clearance: 128mm (5.0 in.)
Wheelbase: 1396mm (55.0 in.)
Dry Weight: 163kg (359.5 lbs.)
Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, fully adjustable spring preload, rebound and compression damping
Suspension Rear: Link-type, gas/oil damped, fully adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
Brakes Front: Dual hydraulic disc
Brakes Rear: Single hydraulic disc
Tires Front: 120/70-ZR-17
Tires Rear: 180/55-ZR-17
Fuel Tank Capacity: 17 liter (4.5 gal.)
Color: Blue/White, Yellow/Gray
Old 07-01-2004, 01:25 PM

2004 GSX-R600
MSRP: $8,099.00

New Features
Class-leading 600 performance model with increased engine and chassis performance, improved aerodynamics and reduced weight
New Engine
More compact & lighter weight 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine features several changes to reduce mechanical losses and increase power
New cylinder head with more compact combustion chamber design, higher compression ratio, 2mm larger exhaust ports and narrow 22 degree included valve angle for increased power and acceleration
Lightweight titanium valves with steel alloy springs and aluminum spring retainers - operated by smaller, lighter bucket tappets and thinner-wall hollow camshafts to reduce weight and inertia
Lighter weight forged pistons with chrome-nitride-plated upper compression rings and oil control rings for a harder, more consistent ring finish and reduced friction
Narrower crankshaft main journals to reduce friction, plus shorter and lighter weight chrome-moly steel connecting rods
Hydraulic cam chain tensioner fed by new internal oil passageway system - external oil hose eliminated to reduce weight
New tapered, double-barrel throttle body design features Suzuki's SDTV throttle valve system, plus multi-hole-type injectors for optimum fuel atomization and throttle response
Faster 32-bit ECM with larger ROM memory and new 22 trigger-pole rpm sensor to provide more precise control of fuel and ignition systems - all housed in a smaller/lighter control box
One-piece cylinder block and upper crankcase section is equipped ventilation holes between cyclinders to reduce crankcase pressure and reduce mechanical loss
Lightweight stainless steel exhaust system featuring a higher capacity muffler with titanium core pipes and aluminum outer sleeve
Larger oil cooler with 10% more cooling capacity, plus more compact radiator and cooling fan assembly for reduced weight while maintaining optimum cooling capacity
6-speed transmission with closer ratio 5th & 6th gears and high capacity clutch
New Chassis
Distinctive new bodywork features a narrower front fairing with reduced frontal area, plus ram-air intakes moved 20mm closer to center for higher airbox pressure and cylinder charging
Vertical-type multi-reflector headlight, plus compact LED taillight and more aerodynamic turn signals
Compact instrument cluster features a step-motor-driven analog tach, digital LCD speedometer and programmable rpm-indicator light - also includes LED indicators for turn signals, high beam, neutral light, coolant temp., oil pressure, fuel level,
New aluminum frame with extruded main spar design similar to GSX-R1000 for optimum width and rigidity - includes new sub-frame mounting points
Aluminum swingarm with new external brace for increased rigidity
Compact 17-liter fuel tank - 10mm shorter and 20mm narrower at the rider's knees for easier rider movement and weight transition
New inverted Showa cartridge-type front fork with 43mm inner tubes and fully adjustable damping and spring preload
Fully adjustable Showa piggy-back shock absorber with larger diameter shock piston rod for improved damping performance
Radial-mount 4-piston front brake calipers for improved braking performance - calipers are lighter and more efficient allowing for smaller/lighter 300mm rotors - system includes radial piston front master cylinder for improved brake lever feel
Dual-opposed-piston rear brake caliper indexed to the swingarm - eliminates conventional torque arm for further weight reduction
Lightweight cast aluminum wheels and high performance radial tires

2004 GSX-R750
MSRP: $9,599.00

New Engine
Compact & lightweight 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine refined for overall weight reduction, improved combustion efficiency and power delivery
Redesigned cylinder head featuring a smaller combustion chamber, increased compression ratio, 2% larger intake ports and 2mm larger exhaust ports for improved intake and exhaust efficiency and increased power output
Lightweight titanium valves with steel alloy springs and aluminum spring retainers operated by thinner-wall hollow camshafts to reduce weight and inertia
Lighter weight forged pistons with chrome-nitride-coated upper compression rings and oil control rings for a harder, more consistent ring finish and reduced friction
One-piece cylinder block and upper crankcase section is equipped with ventilation holes between cylinders to reduce crankcase pressure and mechanical loss
New tapered, double-barrel throttle body design features Suzuki's SDTV throttle valve system, plus multi-hole-type injectors for optimum fuel atomization and throttle response
Hydraulic cam chain tensioner fed by new internal oil passageway system - external oil hose eliminated to reduce weight
Faster 32-bit ECM with larger ROM memory and new 22 trigger-pole rpm sensor to provide more precise control of fuel and ignition systems - all housed in a smaller/lighter control box
Lighter weight stainless steel exhaust system featuring a higher capacity muffler with titanium core pipes and aluminum outer sleeve
Reshaped radiator with 12% more cooling capacity, plus new style cooling fan assembly designed for improved air flow
Larger oil cooler with 10% more oil cooling capacity
Close-ratio, six-speed transmission and cable-operated clutch
New Chassis
Aggressive new bodywork with less frontal area, plus ram air intake moved closer to center for higher airbox pressure and intake efficiency
Vertical-type multi-reflector headlight, plus compact LED taillight and more aerodynamic turn signals
Compact instrument cluster features a step-motor-driven analog tach, digital LCD speedometer and programmable rpm indicator light - also includes LED indicators for turn signals, high beam, neutral light, coolant temp, oil pressure and fuel level
New aluminum frame with extruded main spar design similar to GSX-R1000 for optimum balance of size, weight and rigidity - includes new sub-frame mounting points
Aluminum swingarm with extruded main arms and cast cross brace for torsional strength and minimal weight
Compact 17-liter fuel tank - 10mm shorter and 20mm narrower at the rider's knees for easier rider movement and weight transfer
Inverted Showa cartridge-type front fork with 43mm inner tubes and fully adjustable damping and spring preload
Inverted Showa cartridge-type front fork with 43mm inner tubes and fully adjustable damping and spring preload
Fully adjustable Showa piggy-back shock absorber with larger diameter shock piston rod for improved damping performance
Radial-mount 4-piston brake calipers for improved braking performance - calipers are lighter and more efficient allowing for smaller/lighter 300mm rotors - system includes radial piston front master cylinder for improved brake lever feel
Dual-opposed-piston rear brake caliper indexed to the swingarm - eliminates conventional torque for further weight reduction
Lightweight cast aluminum wheels and high performance radial tires
Key Features
A new lightweight 750 design with an improved balance of engine and chassis performance
Old 07-13-2004, 02:58 PM
Missing my Acura's

Well I Own A 04 Yamaha R1 And I Love The Thing Power Handling Looks It Has Everything Maybe Its A Lil Out Of Ya Price Range But With No Down Payment Through Yamaha Finance They Are Like 159$ A Month And Maybe Its A Lil Too Much Bike For Ya But Its My First Love Even Over My Tl . DRIVE FAS TAKE CHANCES!
Old 07-16-2004, 09:55 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Edr0e

Two 2004 Suzuki GSXR 750's

You guys convinced me, im lookin into a honda f4i to learn on. What would you say is a reasonable price for a used 2000ish?
Actually thats an F4I on the right hand side

I just sold my 2001 F4I I let her go for 5500.00
The f4i is an awesome bike its not as racey as the Gsxr and r6 and is way more forgiving in a turn. 99% of the time its the rider not the bike anyways. I'll be the first to admit I have never ridden my bike to its limits even at the track. Unless you are Nicky hayden pretty much you or anybody on this site would notice the diffrence of the bikes.