AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Car Talk (https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/)
-   -   WRX vs. BRZ (https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/wrx-vs-brz-895608/)

Dylanz287 09-05-2013 04:55 PM

WRX vs. BRZ

Sorry for the new thread guys, but hopefully this will make everything clean and we can start fresh. I've thrown the 370z because I just have come to terms that I can't afford it at 18. I am 18 years old and I will be paying for my car, the insurance will be covered by my parents as well as most of the car gas. I am contemplating between the WRX and the BRZ, although two are totally different animals, it's hard for me to make my decision, I like to go fast, but as stated by many, Hawaii doesn't have the best roads to do so. But yeah, I'm afraid the BRZ might be a bit slow but i've heard nothing bad about it other than it's speed! Help guys! WRX vs. BRZ?:thumbsup:

UKwrath33 09-05-2013 05:19 PM

I don't mean to offend, but I associate the WRX's with a rather douchey crowd. Neighbor's 24 year old son has one and is revving that damn thing at 2am off to a club or something. BRZ may not be as practical, but way better looking. Like you though, I can't drive stick but it'd be worth learning on that puppy lol

Golfe .:R 09-05-2013 05:32 PM

Go for the WRX all day man. My buddy has a 2013 thats full Stage II.(Cobb AP, invidia N! exhaust with catless DP, cobb intake not sure if thats all the stuff hes got) The thing is an absolute monster. The other day we were at Bandimere Speedway doing some drag racing. At over a mile high cars lose about 20% power. My buddy was still able to run a 13.54 second quarter mile on 91 octane. Heres a quick video. Didnt get the entire run and the iphone 5's camera is kinda shit so sorry about that! plus, that BRZ is slowwww.

UKwrath33 09-05-2013 05:53 PM

Just had a thought, and while I know it's probably against 99.9% of people on here, why not get the BRZ in auto? I know it cut's the fun factor, but figured it's at least an option lol

Dylanz287 09-05-2013 06:03 PM

The brz' unimpressive speed becomes much more unimpressive in an automatic form.. I believe a corolla might beat it. HAHA. And it truly will take away the fun factor

Golfe .:R 09-05-2013 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dylanz287 (Post 14655717)
The brz' unimpressive speed becomes much more unimpressive in an automatic form.. I believe a corolla might beat it. HAHA. And it truly will take away the fun factor

May i ask your price range? I assume your looking at around 30K and under. Because if i was looking into that range i would look into a used Golf R or perhaps a B7 Audi S4. Just saying...

UKwrath33 09-05-2013 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Dylanz287 (Post 14655717)

Was just putting that out there since you mentioned auto's in the original thread :tomato:

Was it ever said why you weren't considering the gen coupe? Heard they're pretty awesome from a friend of mine who got the 4 cylinder and modded the hell out of it.

Dylanz287 09-05-2013 10:57 PM

Not sure. Never really thought about getting a Hyundai.. And my price range ? Yeah I guess you could say under 30k :)

Moose Muscles 09-06-2013 01:42 AM

Said it in the last one, Golf TDi with an APR tune.

If you are set on one of those two, I drove the Scion in auto and it was still fun

WRX is so so so much faster than the BRZ, you can look into crawford performance down the line and get parts for both, the 450 hp BRZ has a better power to weight ration than a Z06 and 911, just something to think about.

SimonCL-S6 09-06-2013 03:40 AM

Just ask your parents which car they would rather pay for

Moose Muscles 09-06-2013 06:15 AM

Just stopping by...

I'll leave this on the table...

oo7spy 09-06-2013 07:57 AM

Two threads... :whyme:

Same vote here, same reason.

RPhilMan1 09-06-2013 08:38 AM

Yep, you could have done this in your same thread.

But since you live in Hawaii and this will be your first manual car, I say the BRZ is for you.

03tLsNBP 09-06-2013 09:44 AM

Get the WRX, or anything that was turbo from the factory (Focus ST, Gen Coupe, Evo). Turbocharging the BRZ (or any NA car) is going to be a headache to do reliably and it's going to cost a fortune.

oo7spy 09-06-2013 10:13 AM

Why are you letting a group of people you have never met and likely have very little in common with influence a purchase that you will have to live with? :scratch:

I can understand a "Is there a car in the same class I haven't thought of" thread, but really, go drive the two cars and decide which one you like more. :2cents:

MeehowsBRZ 09-06-2013 01:52 PM

BRZ, but I'm slightly biased.

honda_nut 09-06-2013 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by oo7spy (Post 14656416)
Why are you letting a group of people you have never met and likely have very little in common with influence a purchase that you will have to live with? :scratch:

I can understand a "Is there a car in the same class I haven't thought of" thread, but really, go drive the two cars and decide which one you like more. :2cents:

+1 Drive both of them and tell us what you like. Don't let someone else make the decision for you.

DaeHanMeenGuk 09-06-2013 10:19 PM

frs

Golfe .:R 09-06-2013 10:33 PM

Get a GTI and go Stage III.

Hapa DC5 09-06-2013 11:01 PM

BRX or WRZ. Either one will work. ;)

UKwrath33 09-06-2013 11:49 PM

One thing to also keep in mind is practicality. One has it, the other really doesn't. I think fun and practicality beats just fun alone any day of the week

Dylanz287 09-07-2013 02:06 PM

I can't drive manual yet, so how can i test drive the wrx? My dad has driven both, but he says the brz is a bit slow but it's my choice. As for the car? i'm paying for it in full so those who are saying "ask your parents which one they would rather pay for" can stick it.

03tLsNBP 09-07-2013 02:48 PM

I learned how to drive stick on my Evo. I had my friend (who was teaching me) come with me on the test drive. It went fine. The salesman was okay with it because he knew I was serious.

Dylanz287 09-07-2013 08:43 PM

wish i could get an evo.. haha

03tLsNBP 09-07-2013 09:07 PM

All in due time. Graduate college and get a job. Also I leased my Evo for less per month than a WRX. Granted I paid a couple grand more out of pocket initially, it was still worth it. I plan to buy it once the lease is up.

3.2TLc 09-08-2013 03:06 AM

Buy what you desire......

Originally Posted by oo7spy (Post 14656416)

:thumbsup: Yeah, totally agree !!!

Start hitting up the new car dealers and personally test drive the car of your dreams. For most, paying for the car is the most difficult part of deciding the final choice. Once ya actually see and feel how the car drives, compare your favorites. Seems rather easy to me. :rolleyes:

3.2TLc 09-08-2013 04:10 PM

Get a used "Z"....even if it's an automatic !!!

Originally Posted by Dylanz287 (Post 14657853)
I can't drive manual yet, so how can i test drive the wrx? My dad has driven both, but he says the brz is a bit slow but it's my choice. As for the car? i'm paying for it in full so those who are saying "ask your parents which one they would rather pay for" can stick it.

:bow: Car being paid for in full....cash on delivery by parents. Hey man, go for the whole hog. It's your car, don't let anybody else try to influence what ya really want. Ya know that ya really want the "Z"....so just go out and find one that ya like, even if it's a used one. Man o man, don't let the opportunity of a lifetime slide by !!! :2cents:
" Just go with the gut, ya know what ya want " !!!!! BUY IT.

Moog-Type-S 09-09-2013 01:27 PM

Skip both and get a GTI with a tune.

juniorbean 09-09-2013 01:41 PM

Real estate... still a good time to invest before rates shoot up.

3.2TLc 09-09-2013 03:34 PM

Real Estate....

Originally Posted by juniorbean (Post 14659904)
Real estate... still a good time to invest before rates shoot up.

:thumbsup: Yeah Jrbean .....you're absolutely right on top of your game , if I had some "free" $$ thrown in my direction, that would be the #1 spot to put it right now. But, for someone like Dylz.....nothing sensible will put out the burning desire for a fast and hot set of wheels. Part of the hormonal imbalance going into manhood !

Hey Dylz, Get a used "Z".....not a wanna be toy, get the real McCoy !!! :2cents:

jgj925 09-09-2013 04:47 PM

pretty sure i said this in your last thread but wrx at 18 is kind of overkill imo. i'd definitely get a brz/frs then mod it as i go.

Dylanz287 09-10-2013 01:30 AM

hahaha

Originally Posted by 3.2TLc (Post 14660190)
:thumbsup: Yeah Jrbean .....you're absolutely right on top of your game , if I had some "free" $$ thrown in my direction, that would be the #1 spot to put it right now. But, for someone like Dylz.....nothing sensible will put out the burning desire for a fast and hot set of wheels. Part of the hormonal imbalance going into manhood !

Hey Dylz, Get a used "Z".....not a wanna be toy, get the real McCoy !!! :2cents:

you really like the Z huh?

DaeHanMeenGuk 09-10-2013 08:05 AM

Fourth option for this poll should be "3.2TLc should get a Z"

mrmako 09-10-2013 10:43 AM

BRZ. At your age, you need to learn how a car handles. And a RWD will teach you a lot without having too much power on tap to begin with. :2cents:

And it is your car, your money, your decision.

3.2TLc 09-11-2013 06:48 AM

Price range.....under 30k ?

Originally Posted by Dylanz287 (Post 14656016)
Not sure. Never really thought about getting a Hyundai.. And my price range ? Yeah I guess you could say under 30k :)

:run: Hey Dylz, ya can buy a super nice used "Z" for well under that price range.
With a car like the "Z" .....ya really don't need to do many mods !!! :2cents:

juniorbean 09-11-2013 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by mrmako (Post 14661387)
BRZ. At your age, you need to learn how a car handles. And a RWD will teach you a lot without having too much power on tap to begin with. :2cents:

And it is your car, your money, your decision.

Actually at his age he needs to learn to stay focused on one thing for more then a few hours. Topic closed, new one here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/dylanz287s-car-brainstorming-thread-895905/

And OP... you don't need a new topic for every car thought you have. You can keep it all in one...